Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 29th, 2010 - Explosive database

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    You also can't see them if you have nano effects turned off in graphic settings, should we just say in only unsneaks if someone in the area has it turned on?

The visual effect is a straw man argument. Get a new one.
    Setting in GUI changing gameplay is so smart, I thought you can do better, but looks like you can't. Maybe people with nano effects turned off can't use nanos at all or can't be buffed, if you switch to bigger resolution, you need to run less?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Gear generally includes: Combined Sharpshooters/Scouts (210), Xan Ear (144) and Eye (87) Symbs, ACDC (150), Improved Stare (900), Karma Harvest (130), Blood Makes Noise (107), SAM Battery (50) and Shoulderplates of Sabotage (30).
    And you call this gear "fairly easy"? With same level of retardness setup agents can't be spotted at all, why don't you post how much in conceal agent can get with max buffing gear and OB.

I maxed evades, but NTs still kill me. Why my IPs spent in evades doesn't protect me? Or why can't I see half of shade if I have 50% perc compared to his conc.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    so the AoE nukes are going to have a cool down to them? 0-o sounds like a major nerf to the nts if I am reading that correctly

Crats have more aoe's than NT's
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    And you call this gear "fairly easy"? With same level of retardness setup agents can't be spotted at all, why don't you post how much in conceal agent can get with max buffing gear and OB.
    With equivalent stuff: 3244, not including Shadowsneak because honestly no Agent in their right mind would perk it.

Gear includes: Xan Token Board (160), Xan of Angst (120), Xan Alpha Symbs (144, 87), Ruse 4 (800), Full CSS (210), Agent Nanodeck (30), Shoulderplates of Sabotage (30), Agent Ofab Ring (20) and Concealment Expertise.

Like the other setups I could throw in more to increase it, but I was going for something roughly equivalent.

I did say you could throw away the harder stuff to get and still easily spot Shades.

As for 'fairly easily' I was thinking more in terms of what people would be willing to use without sacrifice, rather than how difficult the gear was to obtain.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

With equivalent stuff: 3244, not including Shadowsneak because honestly no Agent in their right mind would perk it.

Gear includes: Xan Token Board (160), Xan of Angst (120), Xan Alpha Symbs (144, 87), Ruse 4 (800), Full CSS (210), Agent Nanodeck (30), Shoulderplates of Sabotage (30), Agent Ofab Ring (20) and Concealment Expertise.

Like the other setups I could throw in more to increase it, but I was going for something roughly equivalent.

I did say you could throw away the harder stuff to get and still easily spot Shades.

As for 'fairly easily' I was thinking more in terms of what people would be willing to use without sacrifice, rather than how difficult the gear was to obtain.
    Why didn't you add adv leet and crat conceal buffs for extra almost 300?

Edit: and tapping tower
    i R not spik engrish

Posting your character statistics with outside buffs included is like posting size of your penis with length of your spine included.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Why didn't you add adv leet and crat conceal buffs for extra almost 300?

Edit: and tapping tower
    Because the crat conceal buff doesn't stack with Ruse, and Leet takes a sacrifice, personally I prefer Sabertooth or Wolf if they're available, which they are if Leet is.

Still Add Leet if you wish, which brings it up to the 3400 mark I mentioned previously which I suspect fixers may have a chance of seeing through.

How many Tapping towers do you see around compared to Sam Batteries?
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Feb 1st, 2010 at 17:32:15.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

In StarCraft the two Terran units that can cloak can not only initiate an attack while cloaked but can continue their attack while cloaked. This adds to the real importance of being able to detect such units. In AO sneaking is about launching a surprise attack, scouting and getting into position to make a surprise attack. Once you start your attack in AO you're out of sneak. It's helpful to be able to detect hidden chars but only helpful compare to being more critical if they could continue the attack while hidden.

There's two strong conceal profs and two strong perception profs, balance. Although if you add other things then there's...
    • Two AoE root profs (traders & crats).
    • If /pet hunt works on concealed chars as it does on mobs that's two more (MPs & engies, pets are also on slate to receive an overhaul to make them more useful in general and in PvP) since they'd have to pop out to deal with things or sit there while getting bashed on.
    • AoE snares (fixers) if they hit would greatly reduce the function of sneaking, especially for shades. Although they at least don't pop you out of sneak from what I understand so work as they should.
    • While they likely wouldn't agents could FP a prof with some of those other capacities.

That works out to up to seven out of fourteen profs that could pull a prof out of sneak and one that can greatly reduce the value of sneaking while only two of them are doing it with the defined counter to conceal of perception.

If you want to detect hidden chars do what is needed to get your perception high enough to do it or bring along another char that has. If you're not willing or able to do that then hidden chars could scout around you and launch a surprise attack as that is suppose to be part of their function. Although once they do start the attack that's it, everyone can see them now and the influence of sneaking is over.

Removing the text notices that someone/something has gone into or out of sneak makes sense and is removing something that should never have been there to start with. Those worked out to as if the player/mob shouted out that they are going to go into sneak so everyone in a good range would know and then again when they popped out. No one would do that but the game always did it for us which made sneak not as sneaky. The /assist thing is also another thing that shouldn't have been there. AoE roots not only rooting you but pulling you out of sneak is yet another thing that shouldn't be there.

Still Add Leet if you wish, which brings it up to the 3400 mark I mentioned previously which I suspect fixers may have a chance of seeing through.
    So there is a chance - it's not certain - that one single buffed-and-equipped to the teeth profession has a chance of spotting a buffed-and-equipped to the teeth concealment profession? What's the problem there, every profession or mechanic supposedly has a nemesis of some sort. I think there'd be an issue if a buffed-to-the-teeth agent couldn't ever be spotted by anyone at all.

How many Tapping towers do you see around compared to Sam Batteries?
    Maybe that's just because people feel they have enough conceal already? If it's important to you you'll probably plant one.

Finally, the rock paper scissors thing. High def beats lower AR, but nukes don't care. High NR beats low NR, but high AR doesn't care. High conceal beats lower perception, but AOE roots don't care.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So there is a chance - it's not certain - that one single buffed-and-equipped to the teeth profession has a chance of spotting a buffed-and-equipped to the teeth concealment profession? What's the problem there, every profession or mechanic supposedly has a nemesis of some sort. I think there'd be an issue if a buffed-to-the-teeth agent couldn't ever be spotted by anyone at all.
    There is no problem there, and I have no objections to it, working in a reasonably fair manner

My problem is that any old gimp 220 Bureaucrat or Trader running around in a med suit can pull a buffed-and-equipped to the teeth Agent out of conceal, less chance for a 210 Crat/Trader but I wouldn't say it was impossible.

How long do you guys spend in sneak for this to even be a factor? 1. conceal 2. AS/SA 3. move on to rest of toolset, even if AoEs are knocking you out of sneak, how is any NT/crat/fixer etc. going to target and throw one at you before youve done your special? especially since the "XXX vanished..." messages are being removed so unless they physically see you diseappear they arent going to see it coming anyway and by then its too late to do anything about it.

Not complaining (since it is good news for me ), but I don't really understand why aoe dmgs should unsneak... sneakers. Or do they need to be unsneaked so ao can dump dmg on sneakers due to the change with how sneakers are treated?

Because, well, 2 professions able to see the sneakers + 2 professions (+omni solitus?) being able to pop them out seemed enough to me. If possible, would leave aoe dmgs out of the sneaker poppin toolset. I feel special enough being able to aoe dmg them.

Good news on the rendering engine though .
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    You can see the aura from the root nano on a sneaked player, hence why they become unsneaked.

Ebon actually answered this problem himself in another thread and it turns out that the only thing here that needs fixing is the fact that apparently you can not see snare aura's that are running on a concealed player.
    um what? No...

You see the aura because they get unsneaked!!!!!!! lol

RP aside, you can do simple experiment. Turn nano effects off, so shiny things doesn't distract your attention. Pres H (sneak shortcut for less educated) take screenshot. Now root yourself if you can or ask friend if you don't and take second screenshot. Compare two images, if you see difference, it's the answer, if you don't start from AO basic manual.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by critikal10 View Post
    How long do you guys spend in sneak for this to even be a factor? 1. conceal 2. AS/SA 3. move on to rest of toolset, even if AoEs are knocking you out of sneak, how is any NT/crat/fixer etc. going to target and throw one at you before youve done your special? especially since the "XXX vanished..." messages are being removed so unless they physically see you diseappear they arent going to see it coming anyway and by then its too late to do anything about it.
    It's not just run along, sneak, bang, go on. Then you move far slow in sneak mode so it takes time to get into position. Especially for shades sneaking can be important for getting into position to make that first attack. Then if we're talking about BSs there's various spots that you can just expect people to be hiding out like at cap points or transporter pads. Agents have range so could park themselves a long ways off but shades don't. So you get there, AoE root and the shade not only is now rooted but visible too so you can attack outside of his range.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    um what? No...

You see the aura because they get unsneaked!!!!!!! lol
    Lol..isn't that a bit of a 'what came first, the chicken or the egg' problem??

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Lol..isn't that a bit of a 'what came first, the chicken or the egg' problem??
    Not really because you can't see the visual effects on players while they're concealed, not Damage shields, not reflects, not snare aura's, so there's no reason why Root's Visual effect aura's should make someone visible.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Posting your character statistics with outside buffs included is like posting size of your penis with length of your spine included.
    VERY close to siggy material.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    I'm ****ing leaving this game, I'm tired of how lazy you people are, instead of doing the things right, you always go with that shameful response of yours: "Working as intended". The skill system is there for a purpose, the counter to concealment is perception, not nano resist, you morons, you're pissing the community off with your laziness.

Yeah, and if you dare moderate this message, just because I'm not licking Menas' balls, I will ****ing cancel my account right away. If this isn't the place for real feedback between players and the Game Director then where?
    Why should the fact someone is concealed remove their ability to be rooted/snared/dmg'd?

If you want to make the argument that the nano works but doesn't pop someone out of sneak then do that, BUT you would have to pop out of sneak to unroot yourself. As far as damage goes u can stay in sneak and die to multiple aoe's from a NT. It should show dmg message just as if you were not in sneak, to the caster.

You hit BlahBlah for 700 points of fire dmg....

Sneak does not equal NO NEED for NR!
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Deskclerk View Post
    Sneak does not equal NO NEED for NR!
    And yet nano skills should equal no need for perception?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Deskclerk View Post
    If you want to make the argument that the nano works but doesn't pop someone out of sneak then do that, BUT you would have to pop out of sneak to unroot yourself.
    Well no duh, I'm fine with this, I'm not fine with it just popping us out of sneak though.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast