Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi Means

This nano blocks CH. This is intended.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Any chance you could look at the spamability of the nano?
    I'm talking from both my soldier and agents perspective, and the nano is OP in it's current form.

Please consider a longer recharge on it, and a decent NR%
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Issue settled.

You shou've posted that.. 2 years ago
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Wink

Gunfytr owes K1nkstaah 10 million RubiKa1 credits.

Nice, thanks for finally clarifying this.

Now we have that part clear - could you please take a look at making it less spammable? Like 1.5s castcapped on 1.5s recharge? Or just instacastable on 3s recharge?

Because currently, this nano might as well not have checked NR - even if it doesn't land on the first try, thanks to 1s recharge the soldier can just try again and again and again until it DOES land, and have time left to AMS up. Effectively guaranteeing death (or run forrest run!!) for the agent.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Well defiantly thank you for the official response, we had mostly consigned ourselves to it being intended for a while. However, as Lupu says, the spammability of it is far to high for it to be considered fair; even if it is intentional.

A lot of Soldiers and Agents alike believe this, what are the chances that we get this nano adjusted so that it's not an "I win" button vs Agents.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I'd like to introduce my see-saw sling up your dangleberry-kind-of-thing yo shizzle that sling up my berrie-thing... YO.

Hai Means :P
    RK2's Only 220 Nanomage Martial Artist

Meritosthene 220/21/64 Damage

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=123935

Way to jump all over that one 3 weeks after the issue had gone quiet. Bravo.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Still crying? This nano should be adjusted when NSD is fixed too.

good to know where it stands now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Still crying? This nano should be adjusted when NSD is fixed too.
    What's wrong with NSD? It's one cast every 20 seconds, so your NR has a chance to defend against it. Compare that to one cast every 1 second...

PS: If they make RI no longer block CH they should also remove NSD from FPability.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

why dont they just remove all the OP debuffs and everyone will be happy

from a soldier and agent perspective, RI should just be shortened in duration (to about 5 seconds maybe?), soldiers would get there alpha tool, agents would get there ability to run away for a short time.

I really had no problem with RI landing on my agent, it was the fact that even after running all the way around a point and back on BS, RI was still on me and the soldier could finish me off.
    Last edited by Maxisfix; Mar 8th, 2009 at 12:51:17.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Please Means look at the nano, when I PvP'ed on Vizier I felt like taking a "easy" mode vs agents. Meeting and agent or 2-3 in BS meant 2-3 free kills, the nano "always" lande first try, spammin 3 not-workin-in-a-team agents takes a few sec, AMS up and kill the agents in rapid succession.
    I only ever had problems with one agent and that was Vasich and he has god damn nice setup.

There is something inherently wrong when a soldier can spam a crippleing nano til it lands, and still have plenty oh hp left to hide in AMS, and then **** the agent.

The nano is OP, please look at it.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Jay... another director who know **** about this game mechanic

retarded
    Last edited by TsOrb; Mar 8th, 2009 at 15:11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    There is something inherently wrong when a soldier can spam a crippleing nano til it lands, and still have plenty oh hp left to hide in AMS, and then **** the agent.

The nano is OP, please look at it.
    You mean soldiers are OPed?like adv and crats?
    oh rly?

When AO will count 10 crats 10 soldiers and 10 adv then MAYBE devs will look into it...
    OR they already know about it but a) don't give a damn
    b)don't have enough time/money to do something about it.
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

You all got your answer and yet you keep whine thread going on with
    1.) I dont believe Means said what he said because I simply dont want it to be so, therefore it cant be so
    2.) but its unfair, my Mom said I am the best so you have to change the game to make me win all the time

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post
    You mean soldiers are OPed?like adv and crats?
    oh rly?

When AO will count 10 crats 10 soldiers and 10 adv then MAYBE devs will look into it...
    OR they already know about it but a) don't give a damn
    b)don't have enough time/money to do something about it.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote, and stop putting my comments out of context.
    Soldiers are OP vs agents, giving RI a decent recharge and a semi ok NR check, wont ruin soldiers. But it will give agents a chance to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    What's wrong with NSD? It's one cast every 20 seconds, so your NR has a chance to defend against it. Compare that to one cast every 1 second...

PS: If they make RI no longer block CH they should also remove NSD from FPability.
    What NR?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast