Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 22nd, 2011 - Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Infractions have been handed out for lainbr, Mastablasta, Siegetank, Mountaingoat, crattey, Klod and Ebondevil. Take it to the MP forum or rack up a few more - The choice is totally up to you, guys.

And just for the record, I'll tell you guys the exact same thing I told Siegetank AND that I've posted up and down on the forums fates only know how many times:

WE'RE NOT DONE YET

Stop acting like everything is the end of the world until it's on live. =P
    when it's out live there will be no fun anymore like throwing around infractions.
    because then only like 100 panda heads will be left and the lights will turn off soon =)

"balance" will be a big hit to population and result in byebye ao.

(not that i would care too much, kinda found a "new home" anyways, with less fenzy tutus and way more fun than a clownalized AO offers nowadays...)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I believe this is something the game has needed. No, you are right, it's not needed right now, in fact it was needed years ago while the population was being pandered to with easygotten loot from bot-driven encounters. If there is something missing from AO, it's a PVM event where the challenge is determined by players in it, not some stats or tricks that a bossmob has. That's the kind of encounter that breeds innovation in gameplay and promotes doing your best as a player. It's the kind that changes every time you do it and keeps the game interesting for people that do like it. It's a shame that in the past, that people circumvented challenges in AO with bots and delineation of Pande into weeks for the factions. While the approach is sound, I think that it will just be ruined by people wanting loot more than they want challenge and fun.

Honestly, I think that encounters with a challenge are the kinds of things that bring people into a game or draw vet players into the game even more. You think that people would quit or be demoralized because they have a SINGLE encounter in the game where they have to work harder than others and compete with other people to succeed? People that think that way shouldn't play AO anyways. That kind of demeanor doesn't lends itself to a healthy contribution to the game in the first place.
    What you're talking about is an encounter where players , who know how to play their profession, are rewarded. But for several years, we see new encounters, where only DD, tanking and healing matters. At best, one specific prof on top of that that spams single nano. Here, since it's gonna be released prior to re-balance, won't be any different.

On a side note, either the idea is presented in missleading way or it has flawed design. 3 towers are announced, they are either instanced or it will be possible to pull mobs away (one team member will need to sacrifice him/herself, but that's ok, since first team reaching boss gets loot).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

The items better be yesdrop, or I'll have to wait until everyone has one and then pay several billions for lootrights on an item I can't get due to not knowing the best PvMers on the server ^^

Actually, yesdrop aint that bad of an idea considering it's a timed encounter, more valueable items on the market hurts, but it's better than having to buy lootrights for them.
    If it's a timed encounter there will be several of the top DD team setups that will compete (set alarm clocks), I might be able to get a random team for it on my shade, but it's not like a random team would stand a chance.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    The items better be yesdrop, or I'll have to wait until everyone has one and then pay several billions for lootrights on an item I can't get due to not knowing the best PvMers on the server ^^
    youll have to wait anyway, its not that anyone would pass on loot if they can sell it afterwards or give to n:th alt.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    That is the worst idea i have ever heard!
    Look backwards to the instances albraum, 12m, mitarhero and so on... i do not know what is the price for a masterpiece beacer now but last time i asked bevor the moneybug economy crisis it was sold for nearly 600m and the lootrights for xan weapon up for 200m.
    This will raise the inflation in AO more and more!

I think if you are not able to kill the boss yourself, you should not be able to get his nodrop items by buying lootrights! And it reduce the fun of gameplay an the chance to find a team.

If it is impossible to buy lootright´s many players does not see the case why they should do new contend themself!

Sure it will be not easy to get the chance to face him because you need to get a better player!
    A player with good skill in handeling you proffecion what is a neglect on many toons.
    Only pressing assist macro, Q and perks does not make you a master of you profession.

And i think it should be not like:"Oh this toon with min. lvl requirement for XY instance is totaly equiped with its stuff!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carmo View Post
    That is the worst idea i have ever heard!
    Look backwards to the instances albraum, 12m, mitarhero and so on... i do not know what is the price for a masterpiece beacer now but last time i asked bevor the moneybug economy crisis it was sold for nearly 600m and the lootrights for xan weapon up for 200m.
    This will raise the inflation in AO more and more!
    SIGH!!!!

Selling LR does not cause inflation.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

SIGH!!!!

Selling LR does not cause inflation.

It does!! Because there is no easy way to get such ammound off money without farming PF10 the hole day!!
    And because more and more Creds are flowing into the market and peope are selling higher prices for itmes so more and more money is needed to buy items.
    So i do not know how you are calling a cause for infitation.
    The big problem is that FC has no system to extrakt this overflow of creds legal from the market. Onse the were items like the expencive yalms parts and low pices for shop stuff what helped to hold the cred levle down. But now there is no self regulating system left anymore!!!!

So it is not a overflow of money if you are able to gain 100m by one hour of hunting at pf10?

Do you remember why SL ingot´s were removed from Hecker loottables?

Yes! The same problem!

Sure it is true that the exploite was the main cause for this breakdown we have now.

But the increase of pices started much earlyer.

So it is not a overflow of money if you are able to gain 100m by one hour of hunting at pf10?

Yes! The same problem!

Sure it is true that the exploite was the main cause for this breakdown we have now.

Without s10 as a source of money, there would be incredible deflation, because money is constantly flowing out of the game as players with money leave/freeze their account.

Also, inflation isn't that high. For example, even right before Collector came out, RBPs sold for around the same price they had sold for years earlier, even though s10 had been around for all that time.
    Last edited by LyrLazarus; Apr 27th, 2011 at 22:16:39.

Yes! The same problem!

erm... ingots were removed due to the behaviour of greedy players, that involved harassment, KS'ing, ninja-looting, bullying, whole orgs taking over areas etc and etc...

the GD at the time stated so, and said that another source of (seeded) credits might replace ingots at some point in the future. so far, S10 drama is nothing compared to the drama when ingots were fought over way back when.

if anything we may see a repeat of the ingot days (behavior-wise) when the new pande area is sent to live, if (that is) there's any possible way to make credits from it, or to control who gets to be in the rigged team to get loot.

I vote for a sign-up system, where teams are automatically assigned for players signing up, and they have to deal with what they get. the system would have to be random so people couldn't guess when to sign up, and if someone leaves their team, they should be locked out from signing up again for at least an hour. (and if you're going LD every 10 minutes, you prolly shouldn't bother anyways)
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Apr 27th, 2011 at 23:37:18. Reason: forgot to put in an idea first time around
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

New pande stuff needs a decon area to remove OSB's.... always a "reasonable" leveller in some scenarios, and raises need for other professions.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I dont know if u've ever been to sec 10, but this is a not true. In order to get 100 mil in an hour, u would need to loot 25 bounties in that hour. And as someone who fequents sec 10 on a regular basis, (my 150 Soldier has 30k+ AI kills), this doesnt happen.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I dont know if u've ever been to sec 10, but this is a not true. In order to get 100 mil in an hour, u would need to loot 25 bounties in that hour. And as someone who fequents sec 10 on a regular basis, (my 150 Soldier has 30k+ AI kills), this doesnt happen.
    The other day (Tuesday), in about 30 minutes of farming as a 3man team we got about 70m worth in bounties.

I'd say 30-40m is not hard to farm, and where else could you RELIABLY farm that much per hour? Where is the Sector 49 (TL 7), with 8m bounties?

To keep this on topic - Playfields in general need to be looked at, so with a competitive instance shouldn't create even more imbalance.

On RK2, clan owns 19% of the Side XP. We also usually have stronger numbers in Battlestations, and win Tara more. The point? Numbers make a competitive advantage, which throws a wrench in the balance of a new competitive instance.
    Last edited by Siegetank; Apr 28th, 2011 at 09:57:16.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by swedoc View Post
    Ao really should get more big raids (non-instanced) even if it means that bots will be needed to farm points/sort loot, ...
    This inspired a question partially related to this thread and compltely unrelated to the general screaming. But since the new engine is based on the AoC dream world engine; will the new AO version get access to similar raid loot tools like AoC uses (to cut down the need for player point bots)?
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by DaviasI View Post
    I know it doesn't work that way now. Was hoping they might add an improvement or two while they are coding. Especially since they seem to be in the mood to change so many other things.
    Yeah, that would be definitely nice. There will be probably some change, after they complete engine integration and game rebalance.

I would also appreciate some friend list improvement like grouping alts of same person and option to let my friends see all my alts or just chosen.
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    Without s10 as a source of money, there would be incredible deflation, because money is constantly flowing out of the game as players with money leave/freeze their account.

Also, inflation isn't that high. For example, even right before Collector came out, RBPs sold for around the same price they had sold for years earlier, even though s10 had been around for all that time.
    1. Creds are faster earned then Players definitively leave the game!

2. RBP normaly costs 1bill and it is not realy a must have item and i think the most Players do not want to pay more then one time max. creds for one item.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    erm... ingots were removed due to the behaviour of greedy players, that involved harassment, KS'ing, ninja-looting, bullying, whole orgs taking over areas etc and etc...
    greedy players... you do not need to say more :-)
    Open the GMS window and take a look on prices for AI Armor components and how can this happen?
    Yes it is too easy to earn high amounds of creds or buy them, that is not legal, but possible.
    And now tell me, how this cred sellers earn all the money they are selling????

Right !!!!

The fist and easyest Way is PF10, the second selling expencive yesdrop items and the third is that they are buying creds cheap from players who are farmin point one and two!

It does!! Because there is no easy way to get such ammound off money without farming PF10 the hole day!!
    NO, sorry, it does NOT. Selling LR does not GENERATE credits that causes inflation. Farming bounties for credits is DIFFERENT than selling LR.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 28th, 2011 at 18:52:17.

NO, sorry, it does NOT. Selling LR does not GENERATE credits that causes inflation. Farming bounties for credits is DIFFERENT than selling LR.
    Who sayed that it generates creds???
    It only generate the need to farm more creds because many people do not want to farm their stuff by themself.
    It is only a cause for farming creds what results in higher prices ... more faming ... higher prices ... more farming ... maybe you can help me what is the right word of this?

Hi ... you said selling LR makes inflation. It doesn't because Selling LR is an exchange of credits for the right to loot and exchanging credits does not cause inflation. Does the economy inflate when you transfer credits from a bank alt to your other characters? No, it doesn't and that's not different from any other credit exchange between two other characters.

The whole point of this is that someone mentioned a reference to how the new encounter could ruin the economy with more inflation because of selling LR, which is pure nonsense if you know what causes inflation in the first place.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 28th, 2011 at 19:29:33.

Hi ... you said selling LR makes inflation. It doesn't because Selling LR is an exchange of credits for the right to loot and exchanging credits does not cause inflation. Does the economy inflate when you transfer credits from a bank alt to your other characters? No, it doesn't and that's not different from any other credit exchange between two other characters.

The whole point of this is that someone mentioned a reference to how the new encounter could ruin the economy with more inflation because of selling LR, which is pure nonsense if you know what causes inflation in the first place.
    It may not cause inflation, but that doesn't mean it won't have a negative effect on the economy.

People generally use inflation as the "catch all" bad thing that will happen in an economy, but the gist of what they mean is usually NOT inflation.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast