Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Best of the best: TL7 PvP. Downtime Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    Best list from RK1
    maybe, add bucckevin, stromm, xorren, yum79, Voyvoy, Carlie214, rolflollolo, Jenovia, Toga, memoriy and Vasich, gotaks - (engy? with mad heal delta).. quiet a few good players from that era.
    All engies should have roughly the same healdelta since they all use the same symbs...

The constant fetishizing of long departed players in such lists is beyond pointless though. Who was best in 2007 has little impact on who is good now, most of those names are probably not even familiar to the players of today. And nostalgia taints and inflates the memories of glory days gone by. Let their stripped and deactivated bodies lie where they fall and rest in peace (in the best of the best lists in the archived forums).
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Best list from RK1
    maybe, add bucckevin
    hahahaha funny joke

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    All engies should have roughly the same healdelta since they all use the same symbs...

The constant fetishizing of long departed players in such lists is beyond pointless though. Who was best in 2007 has little impact on who is good now, most of those names are probably not even familiar to the players of today. And nostalgia taints and inflates the memories of glory days gone by. Let their stripped and deactivated bodies lie where they fall and rest in peace (in the best of the best lists in the archived forums).
    The Golden days of AO, Today I see people who have multiple alts in 300 symbs.. perk resets done for 20m, in 2mins... to many over powered items, including buyable ones from the item shop.. back then 2months for a perk reset, it paid to go that extra mile and invest in getting 2.5k tokens the hard way or farming xyz from pande to fit in cog+ symbs, while other people maybe got persisting or vitals in.. now it's easy mode :/
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

This seems like the most appropriate thread to post this in. Found an old folder of AO vids, mostly 2006-2008 or so. Stopped playing so long ago it doesn't make much sense to keep 4gb of outdated ao footage on the computer...enjoy. Some of it was already on YT, but others it seems not: Cratfx, Prozaq, extra Pathogen, extra Cortez, extra Togafix.

http://www.youtube.com/user/provero5/videos
    Hahaha i love that Pathogen movie, still remember that BS, famed him badly

Do u have Luiza videos by any chance? She also had good ones.
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

That's all I got!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

That's all I got!
    I have a bunch of old videos as well (and many of the ones you have) if anyone wants them / wants me to upload them.

Bucc / Xorren / Goats / Stromm / Morkhai / Rekido / Rockyou / Tiamin / Tsun....

My favs are still VV and Wervr <3
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

This seems like the most appropriate thread to post this in. Found an old folder of AO vids, mostly 2006-2008 or so. Stopped playing so long ago it doesn't make much sense to keep 4gb of outdated ao footage on the computer...enjoy. Some of it was already on YT, but others it seems not: Cratfx, Prozaq, extra Pathogen, extra Cortez, extra Togafix.

http://www.youtube.com/user/provero5/videos
    danke, plz post if u got any luiza videos or shadefeast
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

think I have pics of Luiza being 900 foot tall in Pande somewhere 8)
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    think I have pics of Luiza being 900 foot tall in Pande somewhere 8)
    Me and luiza in Bor

With her keeper asking for buffs
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Adventurer- Zakken
    Agent- Srompu
    Bureaucrat- Cratitrus/Calming/Buroz
    Doctor- Skysun/Solodoclife
    Enforcer- Forz
    Engineer-
    Fixer- Neophyte
    Keeper - Shuyin
    Martial artist- Kittlepunch/Grrrl
    Meta-physicist- Bolrn/Rssscruum/Xcript
    Nano-technician-
    Shade - Kollyroelx/Expert
    Soldier - Yamateh/Rocketz/Rezipped
    Trader- Vispa

Based on allround players and duels ive done/seen.
    Last edited by Ashford; Nov 20th, 2013 at 20:13:54.
    Ashford

Adventurer- Zakken
    Agent- Srompu/Obtrusive
    Bureaucrat- Direktiivi (so many can pvp but tiivi is unique)
    Doctor- Bombadoc (when his not afk)/Skysun
    Enforcer- Coolerd (enf vs enf)/Forz
    Engineer-Karstasbiatc
    Fixer- Neophyte
    Keeper - Kepitimer
    Martial artist- Kittlepunch/Grrrl
    Meta-physicist- Bolrn
    Nano-technician-SunHammer
    Shade - Kollyroelx
    Soldier - Ashford/Rezipped
    Trader- Vispa

All the ppl that ive dueled or i like how they pvp!

This.
    I learned to PVP in 2005-2006 by getting rolf-stomped by Tiamin and Stromm. Good times.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

The Golden days of AO, Today I see people who have multiple alts in 300 symbs.. perk resets done for 20m, in 2mins... to many over powered items, including buyable ones from the item shop.. back then 2months for a perk reset, it paid to go that extra mile and invest in getting 2.5k tokens the hard way or farming xyz from pande to fit in cog+ symbs, while other people maybe got persisting or vitals in.. now it's easy mode :/
    So you prefer time invested over skills to be the deciding factor when it comes to PvP.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    So you prefer time invested over skills to be the deciding factor when it comes to PvP.
    Back then we also had people like Karlino, who were competitive without being 220.

What do you mean by competitive ?

Adventurer - Tratitrus/Luckyspawn
    Agent- Flufflicious/Venomisto
    Bureaucrat- Cratitrus/Prozaq
    Doctor- Fluffybozzie/Sumadartsan
    Enforcer- Novaspark
    Engineer- Mechatronics/Evils
    Fixer- Warfang/Faalhaas
    Keeper - Harobiel
    Martial artist- None really stands out
    Meta-physicist- Smartazz
    Nano-technician- Pafpaf
    Shade - Kizmat
    Soldier - Runpiggyrun/Phooox
    Trader- Ethindra/Antsy

based on citypvp and duels ive done/seen the last months

based on melee adv duels and open pvp within the last few months: important that you read "last few months" because my all time botb list is completely different.

Trader- nobody (Patho ruined me for all others, soory)

NT- Nobody (just have not seen any NT's dueling or pvp'n oO)

Keeper- Trypants (the only one to beat me since Corupted (RIP)) (honorable mention Shuyin, cuz bor, and he duels well, yep, fu)

Fixer- all NM fixers with endgame equip, there's no difference at all. (honorable mentions: Neophart (Humle) Jinxz Cred/Ota <- (b'cuz bor pvp)

Adventurerer- melee:nobody / ranged:Kooo (note:all ranged adv's and I dueled a LOT of them, duel exactly the same, but Kooo is the only one that absolutely keeps me healing back to back, to the point where I actually ran out of nano and lost the duel lol)

MP-Petco ( I think he may be the only pvp MP, not sure)

Engy-nobody (same as NT, I doubt Karstasbiatc will be dethroned ever for all time great, imo at least)

Enfo- Doukykong (Dookyshlong) (he's very sneaky, reminds me a lot of Forz and Tox with his timing, and magic spot on alpha)

Crat- Lonelycrat/Jeonas (both are pros, you're a noob if you don't think so )

Shade- none atrox: Expert (he's an ass sometimes, but a good shade imo) Atrox: Trixafiix ((?) another ass, but a good open pvp shade)

MA: Grrrl (if anything, Grrrl gets a crazy amount of points for balls, effort, and being pro) second place: Kittletits (too random, no consistency, but smart when he's awake)

Soldier- Yama! without a doubt the scariest Sold I've dueled.

Doctor- nobody (honestly cannot think of anyone, Dlash and Docci when he went atrox and MR lol, was the last docs to impress me even a little)

Agent- Letah (Letah ccl what you think about playing subterfuge, and loses no sleep over it)

*who is the "best" is a very dynamic question for me, people change, setups change, time goes on*
    Last edited by RedWatr; Nov 23rd, 2013 at 10:06:59.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Does it really matter, I felt a little bit better on the inside and seen it pay off my hard work for not been lazy and dedicated... this game is so unbalanced it doesn't matter what happens atm.. I just don't approve of people buying their way through content.. it's not only Greedy of Funcom (imo) it's a slap in the face for people who worked hard on it, why play an mmo when you aint got time to play it.. move on to something else, but hey that's my opinion not everyone has the same.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    What do you mean by competitive ?
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/competitive

com·pet·i·tive adjective \kəm-ˈpe-tə-tiv\
    : of or relating to a situation in which people or groups are trying to win a contest or be more successful than others : relating to or involving competition

: having a strong desire to win or be the best at something

: as good as or better than others of the same kind : able to compete successfully with others

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffs View Post
    Martial artist- None really stands out
    I feel 4 yo bro.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast