Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 11th, 2011 - 111111 - Open questions

Can you get us more people in game please?

Can you please make hecklers run way when gray to people?

Can you please do something about ranged advies?

first, will there ever be another expansion/booster pack for ao? Im not talking SL size here, as we all know thats never going to happen while pigs are using the ground to move around, but something that would address balance gear-wise, and give lots of new stuff at the same time. 2 birds with one stone and all that..

second, how close, in terms of years, is the new starter experience? (no sarcasm intended)

turd, will you guys ever add an in-game item store that parallels the current one, that sells all the same items but for a whopping amount of creds? you know, money sink etc.. yada yada..

lastly, what was the discussion surrounding the initiative cap increase/removal? I know there were reasons, but would be interesting to get a broader perspective on it. one point of interest to consider, is that the over-powered crat debuffs just got a whole lot more over-powered, due to crats being almost mandatory with endgame bosses, where before was not necessary but complimentary (think sector 28, aune, mitaar etc..).
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    I believe it was stated when the shop was first started that it would never contain items that can be gathered through the content.
    A lot of things are stated around here, few are ever true.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    I believe it was stated when the shop was first started that it would never contain items that can be gathered through the content.
    you mean, like ... VP ? or Tockens ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ^^ This
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Means, why is my friend leveling a doc to get items for his main charracter? Fixing?

Any chance to convert old lootable into existing gameplay (as old content is...old) so players get stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

This, please.

I used to think it would be a bad idea....... after not being able to find a single "normal" heckler team for the last 3 alts I've levelled to tl6, I've changed my mind.

And make them impossible to CH tank when grey as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    If no, I'll continue on the same path I am currently on, in regards to game time vs. family time.
    If yes, I don't care if I have 11 months & 29 days of subtime available on each account... I'll cancel every one of them as soon as I see the items available for purchase & probably end up banned from the forums before that day ends.
    This.

After rebalance, will it be posible to do a FIPR without removing Alpha symbs?
    (And this is a lot more of a deal breaker than u may think)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

1. Can you please make hecklers run way when gray to people?
    2. Can we pretty please get ql300 service towers in the shops?
    3. Why is tradeskilling the new health kits more expensive than a ready-to-use kit in the shops?
    4. With those new nano/heal kits, and their costs, what do you think about new players (fresh new players), they will get it even harder building their toons.
    5. What is the status on the new-player-experience?
    6. Can you please fix the dollar-euro difference?
    7. Will token and VP pakcages become nodrop?

Would like some benefit for being a 10yr customer... (hell i couldnt even get all the dev t-shirts last year) The bonus year pack thingie does me no good as my toons are 220 so xp boosts, xp helmet etc dont really do me any good. HOWEVER i do have a 2nd account that it would. I may or may not want to keep the 2nd account, especially for a year.

Would like some vet shop getting more usefull items, or even more social items like holiday light/leet pets/wings.

Dont care if froobs get GMS. (Chances are they will never get sl free and wont be able to own their own AI shops)

DO care if you allow neutral apps. Would allow too much griefing and sploits from sided toons flip flopping.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

How has your day been? Including or not all these questions.

Hai!!

I can has caek?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Why aren't Agents getting plain, basic, simple, reusable Aimed Shot, without clunky restrictions? We have:

Restrictions on when we can Conceal.
    Restrictions on when we can Aimed Shot.
    Aimed Shot often doesn't work anyway because target is aware of your presence.

So we spend all this time sitting around doing absolutely nothing. "Oh, I've only got 3 seconds left until I can Sneak, I better just wait for that... Ok, I can sneak, I've got another 2 seconds before Aimed Shot comes up, better wait for that... Oh damn, target is aware of my presence, guess I'll just hit q..."

We stand there doing absolutely nothing for 5 or 6 seconds, with a special that must be attempted to be used during that small window, meanwhile everyone else is blasting away indiscriminantly with specials whenever they happen to come up, some with Full Auto, which does even more damage than Aimed Shot anyway.

We're often not healing anyone during that time either, as it seems to greatly increase the chance of our next target being "aware". Not that our heals are even worth using, but that's an entirely separate discussion.

If you were going to shoot me in real life, could I stop you just by looking at you? Ok maybe not, but now you can no longer aim. You have to shoot from the hip.

The new "Snipe Shot" recyclable special, comparable to Burst, I imagine is still going to lock the Aimed Shot skill. This just isn't good enough. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have a repeatable Aimed Shot. Maybe 10 years ago, when Aimed Shot was the most devastating special in the game, such restrictions were justifiable. Once people learned to play, those restrictions were pointless.

It just seems to me that the current devs are afraid to change it, thinking that the original devs must have had a good reason for it. And perhaps they did. But times have changed, and there is currently no good reason for it.

Also - does anyone at Funcom actually play AO? Not trying to imply anything, I'm just honestly curious.
    Last edited by Arlanon; Nov 12th, 2011 at 04:53:03.

Will Means answer a question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Will Biancha ever hit 220!?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Ok, here's one: What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Oh, yeah, and an AO one, which of the three main projects (startup experience, rebalance, and engine) can we expect to see first (or will they be simultaneous)?

(edit: WOOT! 100th post!!)

Here are my questions::

1. Can we look forwards to a wipe or reset if you will, upon launch of the new engine/rebalance to restart the economy and level the playing field for all new and old players?

2. Will old school dungeons and instances like Totw, Subway, Cyborg HQ etc ever see a face lift and have their gear tweaked to once gain become more useful with the current content?

3. Most of the new instances and playfields have all be designed for endgame and for paid customers only (Via SL/AI). Can we look forwards to new content for lower leveled players and can we have more content added to Rubi Ka?

4. Will any of the older trade skilled weapons (IE Chem Streamers) be upgraded to be more useful? Can we expect more weapon choices to become available to deter cookie cutter builds?

5. What is the status of the new start up interface?

6. What are the proposed changes in store for s10?

7. When can we look forwards to reviewing perk changes for rebalance and will any of the current gear (weapons, armor, hud/deck and or symbs) be modified to support changes to the professions they represent? (Based off rebalance information already and soon to be made available?)

8. Alot of the loot that drops from certain raid encounters like Tarasque, are not available to some of the levels the gear represents. (IE lvls 100-140) Are there any proposed changes to these encounters to make their loot tables more available for mid level toons or is this working as intended?

9. Are there any plans to possibly rebalance the xp rate in SL to deter Heck only teams and promote actually leveling in SL?

10. With the recent changes already made to s10. Players have taken it upon themselves to hike the prices sky high on almost everything driving the player economy to even higher heights. Any plans on tackling this in the immediate future or is this going to be left as it for now?

Thank You Means for taking the time to read and address the communities' questions like this.

Much Appreciated,

--ani
    Last edited by Animaly; Nov 12th, 2011 at 06:45:41.

Are you considering to change the PVP rating so that one dont need 40k+ kills to max out one title on one toon;
    - in 2012
    - 2012+
    - not likely
    - never
    - soon?

Edit: Can you have the Fates give me a hat?
    Last edited by Niles; Nov 12th, 2011 at 07:54:08.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast