Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 12th, 2011- Press Q to Attack

Hey!

Not sure if anyone told you this but the changes you made to BS is crap. And by that I mean feces.

Pure and simple.

1. Ppl are invulnerable when they spawn and it's enough to kill 1-2 ppl.
    2. Ppl come back so soon you won't even have healed in or removed your debuffs in many cases.

I know there will be tons of fan boi trolls coming out of the woodworks here now but you can't expect us to respect your knowledge (or lack thereof) of the game in any way after this giant and utter stupid crap. And how can anyone be expected to have faith stretching over years and YEARS in you being able to pull off something huge and complicated like the rebalancing when you manage to completely destroy something easy like the BS?

There were plenty of other issues/bugs/issues that you could've fixed. But naw.. you had to pull some stupid crap out of a hat that noone wanted.

As always.

Oh.. haha. Regarding the exploding towers finally fixed thinger. Do you really think THAT is going to make ppl do towers more?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Hey!

Not sure if anyone told you this but the changes you made to BS is crap. And by that I mean feces.

Pure and simple.

2. Ppl come back so soon you won't even have healed in or removed your debuffs in many cases.
    ye.. dunno why this crap hasnt been changed already.. its oviously that this sucks.
    meep

I've played AO for 7 years almost. After hearing "soon" since 2007, and it entering Q3 2011 after Q1 was the target for the new engine, pushed back from before 2010 was over, I feel ripped off paying FC the $90 bucks or so for the full year in January.

Don't expect this to get dignified by a dev response, but with slipped deadline after slipped deadline, and a game design where it takes a minimum of three hours (not counting building your team) to get any worthwhile equipment, I'm beginning to feel disillusioned with something I used to love.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

I keep getting used to pressing "Q" in Fallout to auto run and then randomly attack stuff accidently in AO...

Hi Means,

1.) what about Funcom´s "Anarchy Online" marketing ?
    2.) whats going on ?
    3.) whats up with the german community manager ?
    we ask him the 3. year now to advertise AO at the "GamesCom"
    and every time comes nothing from him, not even a "SORRY" that i advertise only Age of Conan.
    he tell us last week in two lines what he do at the GamesCom
    "We are on the GamesCom with The Secret World of EA Hall. Unfortunately we have not yet AoC AO, BLC still in the luggage and our entire team is probably non-stop hold presentations for TSW and therefore do not have much time for discussions outside the stand.
    We are marketing this year to fully clamped."

OK nothing goes on with Anarchy Online advertise.
    our CM is not competent enough to pin a Anarchy Online poster into a corner since he is CM
    he do nothing for Anarchy Online.
    he diddnt talk really with the few last german players.
    ohh i forgot "hail the german community manager" he gives us a cutted cut cut cut backup from the old closed down german forum without search options.
    The most german information and beginner guides we collected there inside over years are all LOST.

no advertise + no guides(in different languages espacialy german) = no new player
    i dont know.....
    waiting for what ?

i have at Rk1 the same bad feeling like the end times at Rk3(DNW)
    verry low population and it hurts
    it hurts really
    i like Anarchy Online

too bad of fun and long-term bond I'm still not comparable MMO seen.

Funcom have to wake up and rise the budget for advertise and a new content
    new content = new area like SL and not instances behind one of the 5347 unused doors

a new sci-fi content and not new gucci handbags shoulders looks like traffic lights or cloth looks like stolen from Age of Conan.
    i like to fly into space to a alien outpost planet and further to the Alien mother planet.

i can bla bla QQ much more and it is for the most "tldr" and i stop now with my jiberish
    and i know nothing changes in future.

ps.
    17.19€ for one month hurts and stops many player to sub AO

cheers

Hey!

******* be trollin us
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Like I said, the poster was being serious and so was I. It's a joke to you.
    OK I'll be serious. You forgot the epic move to Montreal. No work got done. You forgot the infamous influenza epidemic that "all the devs caught". You also forgot the week where the game practically shut down so Macrosun could recode mission IDs. No work got done. You forgot the infamous "we're waiting on the AoC team". No work was accomplished. You forgot the Montreal "party", also a day where **** didn't get done. And now conveniently the dev team has been on a "much needed" "vacation" for like the past month and a half.

Time spent eating, sleeping and showering. Work not gettin done. Time Means spends concerned about his old family home and tornadoes. Work not gettin done. Time Means spends in Ottawa for presentations. Work not gettin done. Kintaii looking for an apartment. Work not gettin done. AO devs hosting Minecraft. Work not gettin done. Time spent ****ing up the 10th anniversary raid. Real **** not gettin done.

Yep I can totally see where you could have interpreted exaggeration.
    Last edited by Kopecz; Aug 13th, 2011 at 08:02:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    OK I'll be serious. You forgot the epic move to Montreal. No work got done. You forgot the infamous influenza epidemic that "all the devs caught". You also forgot the week where the game practically shut down so Macrosun could recode mission IDs. No work got done.......
    Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Best post ever.
    That
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Funcom employee

Oh.. haha. Regarding the exploding towers finally fixed thinger. Do you really think THAT is going to make ppl do towers more?
    People have mentioned these issues and they are being changed in the next update. No I don't think towers once again playing their exploding effect is going to have any effect on Notum Wars activity. Many people have asked over the years to request we fix it...so we did.

Thank you for your colorful version of feedback. Very funny.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    People have mentioned these issues and they are being changed in the next update.
    good news!
    meep

Fun fact: due to the underlined link, if you read the thread title quickly, it looks like "Press O to Attack", instead of Q.

I believe this may be eerily relevant to current PvP complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    regular work stuff
    Good story. I guess your post will QQ about how AO devs don't work 24/7 and take time to eat, sleep, bio and occasionally shower. Can't wait.

None of those things you listed happen to be unreasonable and actually, sounds like a regular work environment. None of that would hardly qualify as 'vacation', that's for certain. Try again.
    Last edited by Obtena; Aug 13th, 2011 at 15:17:24.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Fun fact: due to the underlined link, if you read the thread title quickly, it looks like "Press O to Attack", instead of Q.

I believe this may be eerily relevant to current PvP complaints
    Wow, you're right lol. nice catch there.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

So what else is new? i mostly press 'O' in pvp yeah.
    (yeah yeah, it looked like that to my when i first read the title as well)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

All this waiting...is fine, but throw us a bone.

This bone can be in the form of a Full IPR.

Historically I'm sure we've acquired one every once in a while, certainly often enough to make it a choice to reset rather than an imagined need to reset because one's toon is worn and tattered and NEEDS the reset to freshen it up.
    Last edited by Stigman; Aug 13th, 2011 at 16:05:21.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

removed
    Last edited by Means; Aug 13th, 2011 at 19:19:00.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Explosions are ALWAYS a good choice. ALWAYS!

(In games at least)
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

removed
    Last edited by Means; Aug 13th, 2011 at 20:47:31. Reason: You post a lot for someone on a 7 month break.

I noticed that some of the new SL daily missions require bosses to be killed in the catacombs. Do you think that this will become another "Log my 220 main and leave my alt at the stairs while I kill" daily mission similar to smuggler's den?

Also, don't the catacomb bosses have rather long respawn times when the dungeon is not completely empty? Is that going to be adjusted in sync with the addition of the new dailies?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast