Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This Was the Storyline Meeting Thread. Now... idkwtf

This Was the Storyline Meeting Thread. Now... idkwtf

All OOC:

During the video of the DragonCon Q&A session which shadowgod videod and put on youtube, which Means linked to in a FWM.
    Did Kintaii say that he was taking over the role of looking at the Role Play within Anarchy Online and was wishing to get it moving once more?

In that case, it would be a good idea i would think if, Kintaii himself along with Devdas, and the rest of ARK Events, eg. Pheats and Ninanna, Nashedra, feynrose..etc (sorry i forget the rest of your names..) met with the playerbase, the roleplayers to talk to gather idea's and talk about possiblities.

As i understand is the pre-written storyline for AO has run out, and Kintaii has said he is taking it up. Would it not be a good idea then to pool the minds of 2 servers worth of people to help, give idea's and thoughts.

The long and short:
    Im suggesting a player meeting about the Storyline with Kintaii and ARK Events team, with the whole role playing populations of Both Atlantean and Rimor.

Funcom employee

I definitely would like to call a generalized "player meeting" at some point in the near future, but I don't feel like I'm *quite* at the point where it would have its maximum beneficial potential. You guys will be hearing more from me in the next month or so, though, and after I've been able to lay down some ground work you'll most likely be seeing me call for a player meeting. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Er, wow fast response, Thankyou!

You just had one two months ago...
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Not with Kintaii, and didnt exactly go into long running story arcs or what direction the over all story of Rubi-Ka is going.
    And Kintaii has more power to say yes or no to ideas than ARK Events.
    Not to say that Events dont do a great job they do, but Kintaii works in the office and can push things at means better probably than ARK can.

E.g. Put huge signs on mean's desk with "Free Borealis" written on them.

Borialis is free. I'm more worried about 4 holes.
    Back to the topic.
    Good to hear that it will be a playermeeting sometime in the future about the storyline.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I definitely would like to call a generalized "player meeting" at some point in the near future, but I don't feel like I'm *quite* at the point where it would have its maximum beneficial potential. You guys will be hearing more from me in the next month or so, though, and after I've been able to lay down some ground work you'll most likely be seeing me call for a player meeting. =)
    Been 4 months...
    Anything new?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

I've heard nothing, its one thing i constantly search FWM for and the rest of the forums.
    Theyre being quiet which could mean one of two things.
    1. They have forgotten what rp is.
    or,
    2. They have a cunning plan in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    ...or,
    2. They have a cunning plan in the works.
    I hope it's as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

It is as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

Unfortunately its also taking time, and with things going up and down lately things have been pushed back a bit.

That said we are working desperately to get things back up and bring some fresh stuff to the table (and revamp/finish old stuff)

But perhaps if you talked to some of the people who are likely to be involved in the actual events happening (like affiliates / cot members / council members) who will be the ones perhaps organising their organisations to get involved .. then the desperation levels would kinda evaporate somewhat and you could move things along a little more easily.

Lots of people are really interested in getting involved and want to be able to support you with actually attending and doing things for the events that the ARK team run.

Indeed, however we've only just got all our tools back so we got to update info in them and get things at least to the "so how the heck are we going to do this" stage before we can really have anything to say. Not to mention Kintaii's schedule seems a bit hectic and I know he really want's in.

I'll look into setting something up but don't expect anything too soon (the OAM and COT and such should still be running, and hopefully with more stuff now)

So I guess there is nothing else to do than go back to the old "lets go to the pub and have a drink" while shouting a few insults to a passing clanner or Neutral.

Cheers!
    *hic*
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Until a meeting is set up (you'll know when one is) best way to do stuff is attend the OAM/CoTs, chat on these forums or send us mails.

Recently the OAM has been a bit sparse numbers wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    Until a meeting is set up (you'll know when one is) best way to do stuff is attend the OAM/CoTs, chat on these forums or send us mails.

I feel slited as a neutral you didnt list the NLCC! I'm not a number! I'm a free (wo)man!

Ukblizzard;
    I hope it's as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.
    I was actually thinking that at the time of writing.

Well the NLCC this months already gone by, and I personally don't really take part in that one so much (anymore...) though Im sure some things will be turning up there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post

... and it will be even less on the next.
    It is so nice to know that you are below the heck-noobs and their soooo hard to get xp.
    I am now done with ark rp untill the storyline is back on track.
    I hope the rest of the comunity do the same and don't show ut to any events untill we get an official responce from Fun Com.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    I hope the rest of the comunity do the same and don't show ut to any events untill we get an official responce from Fun Com.
    Isn't this a little counter-productive?

What's the point in a storyline if no-one is ropleplaying? And how are you going to interact with the storyline that you want if you're not roleplaying?

Thanks, but I don't think I'll be joining in this little strike of yours, personally.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

IMHO, even tho it sux, the RP aspect isnt going to be a front runner for Dev time. Yes, Im as interested in new storyline insertion as the next person, but we also have to understand they dont have 200 ppl working on this stuff. We've lasted this long, give them some time. I seriously doubt they have several full time RP guys working there. The guys doin it will be putting on a 2nd hat (or 3rd or 4th) to do the RP stuff. Let them get the game stuff together...the RP stuff will get there.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Sorry, but they have had 3 years. I'm tierd of waiting, so I am done with official ark/funcom rp.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast