Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Pets

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    "if". lol. l2play imo
    Engineers have these fun things called blind auras. Albeit, MY Shade is blind immune for this particular reason. Blind aura does break from most offensive actions, but, unfortunately, all it takes is a single perk to miss for a Shade's entire perk action chain to be locked out for upwards of 30/40 seconds.

Facts:

- Shade standing still vs Engineer standing still, very, very one sided towards the Engineer.
    - Shade using line of sight and kiting vs Engineer standing still, leaning mostly towards Shade as victor.
    - Shade using line of sight and kiting vs Engineer kiting and using snare mines, snare auras, or blind auras (If they land) leans a little towards Engineer as victor.

Problems:
    - Pet path finding sucks, pets are slow, pets are easily kited.
    - Engineer pets are incredibly hard to kill, between having reflects, Engineer being able to heal pets, and Engineer being able to snare Shade, have pets retreat
    - Between two Master's Bidding procs firing regularly and very high AR, Engineer pets can dish out a lot of damage
    - Engineers can kite Shades and break perk chains either with snares or blinds
    - Engineers can use Aimed Shot
    - Shades can very quickly kill an Engineer that is standing still, if the Engineer's cocoon is down

One thing I would love to see is pets being the primary damage of pet professions, with supplementary (weapon / nuke) damage lowered quite a bit. Most pets should have some kind of ability to quickly close the distance between themselves and targets, but should be slow to retreat in combat.
    Last edited by Veebliez; Oct 4th, 2010 at 07:36:20.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebliez View Post
    Engineers have these fun things called blind auras. ***************

Stopped reading there, you are a complete moron and everything you say thereafter is invalid.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Stopped reading there, you are a complete moron and everything you say thereafter is invalid.
    Looked at your equipment setup, and found this ironic.

You probably found it "stupid", because you did stop reading after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigward View Post
    The tactic where I die 100% of the time involves him keeeeling both my pets first whilst I wtfcry coz I now I'm in truble
    M'kay but:

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    I got tired of searching 10 different threads for these stats so here it is, the combined list of endgame pet stats (Widowmaker is 34DD and likes long walks on the beach as well)

Engineer (Buffs - +446 AR, +130 AR, +280 AR. Items - +40 AR +4000 HP)

Widowmaker
    HP: 37125+4000 = 41125
    AR: 2590+896 = 3486

Ravening M60
    HP: 23203+4000 = 27203
    AR: (3470, 3470, 3470, 3467, 3459) + 896 = (4366, 4366, 4366, 4363, 4355)
    So the shade attacks dog firs, does over 30k hp pew pew pew alpha (base hp plus reflects), than goes for widow, does over 50k hp pew pew pew alpha, than goes after you (ofc you dont have precast bot shells, why would you?), does another 40k hp pew pew pew alpha (hp + cocoon + reflects, not to mention heals) and all of that during those 10 - 11s that he is expected to live while you just AS him to death? If you need a smart def tactic, put your pets on wait, go afk and let the shade kill himself on dmg shields.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

So, in the end, it comes to l2p issue, again.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Klod I hope you realize that everything you've said has infact been proven near impossible and laughable by all evade profs (shades advys etc etc) to waste your time trying to kill the pets that can't be alphad and can be repopped after they are killed is stupid (just like you).

To stig, If you're shade friend can alpha 4 pets in under 20 seconds as a shade, and then kill you. I'm sorry, but you suck as an engineer. Try that with karsta, see how long he lasts.
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

You do realize that when the bots are killed and the engineer repops them, they are unbuffed and untrimmed right?

And I find it kinda funny that with chickenbot having a bit over 3400 AR, people are complaining that's high, yet when soldiers run around with that static, it's ok?

the difference is that there's 1 bot with near 3500 AR and the dog with over 4k AR and then the engineer with anywhere from 3k-3.3k AR or more. soldiers do have 3600-3800 AR yes, but we can drop their ar and they don't hit us nearly as much as any engi pet could.

Also, you try alphaing their pets before you get alphad. 1 good hit from the dog eats a 5k absorb shield.
    RK 2
    Captian 220 soldier
    Ownsauce 220 Shade
    Captiansma 170 MA twink *RIP*
    Various other gimps

RK 1
    Ownsauce 220 crat
    Paink47 150 soldier twink *nearly finished*
    Critmonster 150 MA twink *WIP*

Not to mention, there's certain time needed for AO engine to realize pets are dead, before you can actually re-pop them (unless you loot them - which also take some time).

This is what you usually get:

Can't have more than 1 regular pet.

...or similar.

And "all evade profs" != Ownsauce

Quote Originally Posted by Ownsauce View Post
    1 good hit from the dog eats a 5k absorb shield.
    ROFL
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ownsauce View Post

To stig, If you're shade friend can alpha 4 pets in under 20 seconds as a shade, and then kill you. I'm sorry, but you suck as an engineer. Try that with karsta, see how long he lasts.

Karsta has also been killing noobs for quite some time now. I doubt he has seen anything new, and has had a few years to learn how to deal with kiters. PVP'rs keep interesting things like root grafts for kiting shades (especially the ones that favour killing power as opposed to survivability).

Again, its a play issue. Either learn how to kite better, or eat pavement. Its really pretty simple. Play with the setup, divide and conquer, stop trying to be a ganker and focus on smart gameplay. You'll live longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    You do realize that when the bots are killed and the engineer repops them, they are unbuffed and untrimmed right?
    So what? Even unbuffed chicken has 1k more AR than crats carlo and dog has 1k more ar than ninja - gimpzor.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

And that has exactly what to do with this thread?

Since FC will nerf engineer self dmg, pets must get huge AR and ranged attaks. And possabiliti to kill ore calm pets must be removed from the game.
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    So what? Even unbuffed chicken has 1k more AR than crats carlo and dog has 1k more ar than ninja - gimpzor.
    So your saying balance for pets means them having 2.4k AR? Ridiculous. In the context of no AS and 100% pistol mastery perks, high pet AR for all the pet professions will be a necessity, especially for engineers who DON'T have nukes or debuffs. They will be, and should be, our primary source of damage and SHOULD BE DANGEROUS. It's completely unbalanced that a fixer f/e has TWO THOUSAND more def rating than some of today's pets have in attack rating.

We can only have one set of instant pop pets per BS. Battle station shells take a long time to spawn the pet. Balancing around that would be about as relevant as balancing around shadowbreed.

Grafts & mines aren't relevant either, cool down is far too long.

M'kay but:
    (ofc you dont have precast bot shells, why would you?)
    Just let me swap my Hud 2/3 Util 1 and Chest piece to pop those shells. Let's not forget Hud 3 has a 10 second swap time alone.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

With all the testing that I've done and seen, I really think pets AR work differently from player AR...
    At least it feels like that. It feels like pets hit me no matter what I put on as far as defense goes.
    Either that or it's simply not true that pets has the AR that people state.
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    for engineers who DON'T have nukes or debuffs.
    Oh, so NSD is going away?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    With all the testing that I've done and seen, I really think pets AR work differently from player AR...
    At least it feels like that. It feels like pets hit me no matter what I put on as far as defense goes.
    Either that or it's simply not true that pets has the AR that people state.
    Agreed, a full out Ar sol cant hit me half as much as any of the engi pets.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Oh, so NSD is going away?
    If amount of whine = results, you know it is!

Crab for everyone!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast