Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General idea about as/fa/sa overall

The legendary M150-rifle gets nerfed by the right usage of the word, with it, consentration in pvp.

FC's change take out some complexity and diversity while what they are doing something good for balance, it should be some other solution than just limit the options players have to customize their charracter like they want it to be.

Even if this is a great change.

Wouldn't be fair to let Fixers keep AS + FA and make us unhittable with AS by anyone but agent/adv (as a fixer has about 2100 AAD which is more than most profs AS skill).

I look forward to seeing how FC will solve the dilemma of Fixers killing things with dual SMGs. (and crats and engies and mps etc without AS). Can they do it? Who knows.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Why are fixers becoming unhittable by anyone but agent/adv?

Aimed Shot will still have no defense check for everyone, but will have a 3 second cast time thats interuptable (though fixers are ranged not melee so we can't interupt them without hot swapping) the secondary AS that is being given out to agent + whoever is the one they said they were putting a defense check on and making it instant.

On top of that they mentioned a rework of evades to allow regular hits to land more.

So by that it seems fixers will be a bit more hittable

Hopefully this will come with a revamp to lots of our hots and a change to our offensive nanoline to allow us to give a decent fight without going Aimed shot ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Why are fixers becoming unhittable by anyone but agent/adv?
    Read the OP
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    They're doing it right, no one should have ability to throw out two capping specials every few seconds, that's just rubbish mechanics, about time someone got balls to change it. Better get used to the idea.
    Adding the aad check would prevent the capping part, and even right now, no one caps 2 specials on someone every few second atm even.

And engies stand to benefit from the change funcom proposes as fixers are one of the few professions that can actually break blockers 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Wouldn't be fair to let Fixers keep AS + FA and make us unhittable with AS by anyone but agent/adv (as a fixer has about 2100 AAD which is more than most profs AS skill).

I look forward to seeing how FC will solve the dilemma of Fixers killing things with dual SMGs. (and crats and engies and mps etc without AS). Can they do it? Who knows.
    How would it make fixers unhittable, AS check would change to being AS+aao vs aad. Plus every time someone brings up that argument it seems like they completely disregard Nukes/Dots/High AR/Damage Shields/Low checking perks/Regular hits
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Regarding all the posts above.

I aways wondered, why, if FA/AS combo is sooo Overpowered, everyone kept rolling adventurers, enforcers, doctors.

There are really lotsa adventurers that I can see at pvp lately, as far as enforcers, doctors. Many bureaucrats also. Many agents aswell.

Not sure about rk1, maybe situation is bit different there, but at RK2 overall amount of fixers at mass PvP that use to happen, - maybe higher than overall amount of traders only. The rest of professions outnumber fixers at mass PvP almost always.

Then, if fixers and soldiers are OP with their AS/FA combo, why people didn't rolled so uber profession as fixer is and kept rolling gimped ones like advys, enfos, doctors. Suicidal syndrome?
    simply coz the AS/fa combo never cap 60% as ppl think unless u using nova for AS and Faing Doc ^ ^ so i don't see any reason to lock fa/as ,
    fa don't land on evaders or any toon with decent evade and if luckily landed it don't cap and craphander AS only cap occasionally so the AS/fa 60% cap combo every 11s don't exist only sold can achieve that vs doc using nova and AS recharge will be 1-2min and thats the only way sold got chance to take decent doc down since we lack stun , fast powerfull DD perks .. ..
    so i agree with arty's idea
    Last edited by randomalpha; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 10:35:33.

To whine or not to whine, that is the question!

On one hand nobody has actually seen the new special mechanics yet so nobody can tell wether its oh so horrible or oh so wonderful - its too early to whine. On the other hand even after puting stuff in test and hearing ppl's feedback on oh how horrible this or that is, fc rarely changes things even when clearly heading for a certain disaster - its too late to whine.
    The solution: introduce the mechanics as a SURPRISE that works differently every time its used, that way people can never definitevly say it sucks and with any luck it will confuse the players so much they shall never critique ur work again!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post

Also: Fixers are completely fine , and will be a lot more then fine after changes to AS, so quit crying a river already.
    No, Fixers aren't fine.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Wonder how Engineers will feel when classes get considerably increased regular hit damage/perk damage to compensate for a lack of specials.
    So it balances blockers, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    And engies stand to benefit from the change funcom proposes as fixers are one of the few professions that can actually break blockers 1 on 1.
    If regular hits and perks are more important than "HOW MANY SPECIALS CAN I PUT INTO THIS GUY!?" this helps engis how? it's an indirect nerf to them.
    Last edited by notcrattey; Dec 24th, 2009 at 03:28:44.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post
    There, some balancing for you.Do YOU realise that soldiers have always been totaly OPed in this game? especially at pvp.
    This sounds like the "old timer" that was telling me how uber pistol Sols were before LE.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

The lockout needs to be on the person hit:

FA every w/e the recharge
    lock out AS/FA on the person you FAd
    AS a different person
    lockout FA/AS on the person you ASd
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    This sounds like the "old timer" that was telling me how uber pistol Sols were before LE.
    Oh noes NT can hit you like every other prof? ouch harsh
    traders can steal your ams making you like any other prof, bawww....

And ALL the rest hit you for 10% of their dammage? damn

soldiers bawing about their pvp potential will always be funny...Only small nerfs and you cry oceans.

There are two ways of balancing pvp:

1->nerf OPed classes (soldiers fall there 100%)
    2->boost weak classes so they can catch up to OPEd ones
    either way it will hurt soldiers.

But don't worry, it's FC at work, only a miracle could make REAL balance for pvp in AO.
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

for a time in the beginning, soldiers sucked....hard, especially in PvP. This, of course, started to change after SL.

There, some balancing for you.Do YOU realise that soldiers have always been totaly OPed in this game? especially at pvp.

soldiers complaining = lol...

fixers at bottom of pvp chain? hahaha, a bit much...

FC balancing pvp by first giving advs AS, 80% def perks without touching their crazy defense = HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good move!
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Lol the reason why we fear the new special mechanic cause the when supposedly balanced 1he/b ends tehy made very op. So given fc's track record with means I have no faith in this new special system

Oh noes NT can hit you like every other prof? ouch harsh
    traders can steal your ams making you like any other prof, bawww....

And ALL the rest hit you for 10% of their dammage? damn

soldiers bawing about their pvp potential will always be funny...Only small nerfs and you cry oceans.

There are two ways of balancing pvp:

1->nerf OPed classes (soldiers fall there 100%)
    2->boost weak classes so they can catch up to OPEd ones
    either way it will hurt soldiers.

But don't worry, it's FC at work, only a miracle could make REAL balance for pvp in AO.
    so u saying other profs moving with 20-25k HP w/o evades, NR , heals , defensive perks , reflect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tergxj View Post
    for a time in the beginning, soldiers sucked....hard, especially in PvP.
    even without the pvp caps?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Then, if fixers and soldiers are OP with their AS/FA combo, why people didn't rolled so uber profession as fixer is and kept rolling gimped ones like advys, enfos, doctors. Suicidal syndrome?
    maybe they rolled adv for pvm experience
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

for a time in the beginning, soldiers sucked....hard, especially in PvP.
    who told you this propaganda!^^
    -=Sir "Daiken" Beowulff- 220/22/70 Solitus Soldier - RK2 =-
    Proud member of The Pain Dealers Equipment - Classified

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12