Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NSD balance

Question

Haha, pen and paper pvp. So much snide idiocy in here. Has anybody seen exactly what happens when you have a sold vs eng?

Unless the eng is completely retarded, he'll almost always insta-win. This isn't speaking as a soldier (I tend to avoid the engies) , this is coming from somebody who lives with a person with Eng for a main.
    Soldiers rarely last longer than 10 seconds. I have never, ever seen one kill him. And this is against decent setup people, not gimps. Perhaps they'll try to kite a bit, or full auto the dog. Maybe, if lucky, they will escape. But saying it's all fair and even is crap and near everyone knows it.

Honestly, all the engies that say it should be easy for a sold to kill them must be a bit rubbish, or downplaying their power in the hope of escaping any potential balancing efforts.

(Note I am not complaining or whining for change, and can live with it as is)

Quote Originally Posted by Intestines View Post
    Haha, pen and paper pvp. So much snide idiocy in here. Has anybody seen exactly what happens when you have a sold vs eng?

Unless the eng is completely retarded, he'll almost always insta-win. This isn't speaking as a soldier (I tend to avoid the engies) , this is coming from somebody who lives with a person with Eng for a main.
    Soldiers rarely last longer than 10 seconds. I have never, ever seen one kill him. And this is against decent setup people, not gimps. Perhaps they'll try to kite a bit, or full auto the dog. Maybe, if lucky, they will escape. But saying it's all fair and even is crap and near everyone knows it.

Honestly, all the engies that say it should be easy for a sold to kill them must be a bit rubbish, or downplaying their power in the hope of escaping any potential balancing efforts.

(Note I am not complaining or whining for change, and can live with it as is)
    I don't have a problem with X profession running into Y profession and going OMGIMMADIE WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

So long as the profession they run into to cause that effect, does so via skills and gear, rather than lame 1 button Iwin-ness. Which NSD isn't. I've seen some pretty terribad Engineers get both pets ganked by Soldiers before.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Killing engie pets is one of the great satisfactions I have ingame.

Srsly, u ppl have no idea how hard I laugh while doing this. Why? Cause I cant kill ur avg engie. But thats ok, I really dont mind.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Well i play sol for a few years now. Engis always rapped us but now.. its just retarded.
    Thoose days when im 1vs1 with good engi im happy for enuff time to kill his dog.
    Only chance for sol to survive vs engi is hoping engi LDs and pets dissapear before they kills u.

Engi would win even w/o this nano easy with blockers and coon they can pwn us thru AMS, but at last they would actually have to use deff/heal perks. Chance for sol winnig duel will raise from 0,00001 to like 20%?

and when u are talking about hard hard is it to land or how easy is to avoind this debuff.. well its nice here on forum but in game it only works for like 15 secs max ( when engi is not braindamaged)

So untill this nano is changed : I WILL KILL YOUR DOG !!!
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Seems I came across a little angrier than I intended, heh. Didn't have anything to smoke the day I wrote that.
    To clarify, I have a 220 sold (admittedly not finished) and I know how much an eng can ruin our BS round, but in the end I'm not complaining or asking for changes, as is the trend these days.

If you make it so every profession can equally kill any other profession, to me that's not balance, that's boring. Why even have the different classes then from a pvp standpoint?
    NSD is hardly a I-Win button along the lines of the others though, ie you can just run from it.

I assume the engineers in here that dismiss the fact engineer as a prof can kill soldiers pretty much easily every time, perhaps CAN'T with their engis. Maybe some in game practice instead of pointlessly trolling the forums is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post

Flame all you want but it's true, Engineers are horribly overpowered, and FAR more so than Adventurers from an Agent point of view.
    Pretty much 0 chance v an Engi from a mp point of view. Infact toe to toe I doubt an engi even has to use coon/br v an mp

I can understand the a sold's point of view with this, 0 chance is not a nice thing to have. How ever, meeting a sold on my mp with ams up/rdy is beyond a joke and if I stay around there is 0 chance of winning. Infact its hard enough when they cant ams, but I guess sold's ignore the fact they just faceroll for great dmg on most prof's.

If solds had a capped 70% reflect or something then I would agree on there whine threads
    Still here

some ppl not getting the point . . .
    for example
    1- ma vs trader pvp . . it end so fast if ma countered the drains and the trader will die in no time like 6-10sec but if trader landed his drains and there is good chance for trader to land his drains he will survive if trader pushed hard and timed his stuff and landed drains will survive and eventually win and in mass pvp itis fair chance for both who see the other 1st
    2- trader vs sold .. sold can't ams to avoid BR and can't resist any of the drains and hop to land an alpha that pwn trader before he get his drains to land in mass pvp itis fair chance for both who see the other 1st
    3- NT vs doctor Nt have very low chance to win and the duel last for long time while the NT have chance to win and in mass pvp NT can survive doc w/o worring about them
    the case in sold vs engi is as sold u don't survive vs engi by any way if u want to know the true meaning of the word WTF PWNed roll soldier hardcore twink and go pvp engi who just dinged 220 and know how to buff NSD and do pet attack spam specials and perks , cocoon , even if he is 5k HP!!!!!! he will still PWN u w/o u scratch him no matter the experience u have
    u don't last more than 4-10s vs engi
    u don't scratch them
    u won't counter NSD even if u went NR 2 (heard even under NR3 too but not sure )
    u have zero chance in all the cases >> in mass pvp in duel in any way
    in mass pvp when u see the engi 1st u still can't do any thing to him u attack spam specials and perks u just get his attention mb u took one blob he trun to u , /pet attack , u are snared , NSD in ur ncu , u r dead . .. .
    thats what i mean tbh i didn't have any problems with NSD agent as i have it with NSD engi coz with agent i have chance to take him down before he do , also i didn't have problems with BR , LE nukes coz when i catch them 1st i have good chance to kill them or dmg them at least but having zero chance to do any kind of dmg to the engi is and dying to him in no time thats not cool
    so if removing NSD ( they can trun NSD to RRFE Riper so they still wiping reflects out of other ppl as itis not their main defense or just give us any sort of protection from NSD ) won't dmg engi's as they said y don't they get ride of it and take more time to kill us and give us some kind of dignity
    Last edited by randomalpha; Jan 17th, 2010 at 00:40:38.

u don't scratch them
    u won't counter NSD even if u went NR 2 (heard even under NR3 too but not sure )
    u have zero chance in all the cases >> in mass pvp in duel in any way
    in mass pvp when u see the engi 1st u still can't do any thing to him u attack spam specials and perks u just get his attention mb u took one blob he trun to u , /pet attack , u are snared , NSD in ur ncu , u r dead . .. .
    I get the point, thing is you can put an MP tag to pretty much all that. Probally not just an MP either. Engi's are just very very strong, with very little to do/get wrong.

NSD - gone. BR - gone. What would solds fear after this?? Being on BS as a none sold nemesis is not fun in any way. 2 solds on BS and I go and put the kettle on.
    Still here

for example

20k-25k hp through ~40% remaining ams reflects, and you die in 4 seconds? LoL.

I guess NSD just ignores nanoresist too, since my ~2k AR with it obviously works 100% on 3k NR (NR 2) or even 4200 NR (NR 3). I guess you'd like to go ahead and claim NSD lands 100% on NR 8 toons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    20k-25k hp through ~40% remaining ams reflects, and you die in 4 seconds? LoL.
    its sad but yes.

vs not pvp engis u can survive let say for 30s
    but vs the top pvp engis with all my heal perks and hot from fixer i still die on alpha in 3-4-5 secs(depends on AS from engie)

refering to its like Mp vs SOl.. well thats not true.. if u are pvp MP with lots of skills u can be actually a real pain in ass for sol especially if u see him 1st. Maybe u cant win but at last u can mess with him a lil. Flame him in shouts ... say sumthin ugly about his mom.

shouts u can write as sol vs top engi is: when u meet him 1st time : /s OH
    2nd time /s NO !
    Last edited by vesper; Jan 17th, 2010 at 02:03:19.
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    its sad but yes.

vs not pvp engis u can survive let say for 30s
    but vs the top pvp engis with all my heal perks and hot from fixer i still die on alpha in 3-4-5 secs(depends on AS from engie)

refering to its like Mp vs SOl.. well thats not true.. if u are pvp MP with lots of skills u can be actually a real pain in ass for sol especially if u see him 1st. Maybe u cant win but at last u can mess with him a lil. Flame him in shouts ... say sumthin ugly about his mom.

shouts u can write as sol vs top engi is: when u meet him 1st time : /s OH
    2nd time /s NO !

Given each perk takes 1 second at least to fire off, 3-4 seconds is an impossible scenario.

Burst/fling/AS - assume 1s for you to get all specials off.
    Highest AS from traoler/onehander is gonna be 6k if you get a lucky crit
    Quick shot 1 s
    Double shot 2 s
    Deadeye 3 s
    collapser 1s
    feel 1s
    implode 2s
    easy shot 1s

This is all under 40 something% reflect.

refering to its like eng vs SOl.. well thats not true.. if u are pvp sol with lots of skills u can be actually a real pain in ass for eng especially if u see him 1st. Maybe u cant win but at last u can mess with him a lil. Flame him in shouts ... say sumthin ugly about his mom.

see what i did there?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Given each perk takes 1 second at least to fire off, 3-4 seconds is an impossible scenario.

Burst/fling/AS - assume 1s for you to get all specials off.
    Highest AS from traoler/onehander is gonna be 6k if you get a lucky crit
    Quick shot 1 s
    Double shot 2 s
    Deadeye 3 s
    collapser 1s
    feel 1s
    implode 2s
    easy shot 1s

This is all under 40 something% reflect.

refering to its like eng vs SOl.. well thats not true.. if u are pvp sol with lots of skills u can be actually a real pain in ass for eng especially if u see him 1st. Maybe u cant win but at last u can mess with him a lil. Flame him in shouts ... say sumthin ugly about his mom.

see what i did there?
    u forgot about pets and their nasty procs . .
    and about MP they can root and run
    but we can't even run and escape from the engi the snare from the pet is really pain while we have the lowest RS alr

Engineers do indeed have good offense and defense, however their offense is not reliable like any other classes.
    Pets get stuck / get CC'd, you can even stand on something like the whompas and the pet problem is totaly eliminated.
    You can easily kite pets and if your runspeed sucks just jump over obstacles or use rootgrafts on the pets.

So to "balance" this soldiers should be able to drop their gun randomly and got to look for it before they can start shooting again?
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    So untill this nano is changed : I WILL KILL YOUR DOG !!!
    haha, like i need pets to kill any soldier in 10 seconds.
    Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    Engineers do indeed have good offense and defense, however their offense is not reliable like any other classes.
    Pets get stuck / get CC'd, you can even stand on something like the whompas and the pet problem is totaly eliminated.
    You can easily kite pets and if your runspeed sucks just jump over obstacles or use rootgrafts on the pets.

So to "balance" this soldiers should be able to drop their gun randomly and got to look for it before they can start shooting again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepitimer View Post
    haha, like i need pets to kill any soldier in 10 seconds.
    Yep, Engis are teh nerfest.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    If a random soldier is so stupid to stand there staring at the engi for 10s, it's his fault.
    Kumo to kumo no aida wo tsukinukete
    Dare mo mita koto no nai basho e
    Yume no naka de egaiteita basho e
    Arifureta SUPIIDO wo koete

Can you not outrun an engineer? There are some profs you simply do not try to stand and tank, and then complain when you die.

NSD is entirely unreliable for anyone to be complaining about it. You are supposed to die, which means the issue is not what gets you killed, but what prevents most profs from ever killing the engineer. Special blockers are getting nerfed, after that a soldier should have far less issues with engies as will everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Yeah seriously FC, this is just nuts, Soldier nemesis profession can kill Soldiers really fast, cmon what were you thinking?

the fact that engies can neutralize a solds offence and defense is why people are mad about this if it were one OR the other, that would change things alot.

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    the fact that engies can neutralize a solds offence and defense is why people are mad about this if it were one OR the other, that would change things alot.
    No it wouldn't. Soldiers whine about NTs.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast