Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NSD balance

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Lets not forget the poor soldier that stand there ganking your dog while you que up freak strength. That's always a fun one to witness.
    Yeah, if they gank my dog I'll just waste their time too. Let them sit there and suffer while I slowly kill them with only one pet and most of my perks down. Maybe throw in a snare mine for added lolz.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    But yes NSD bring AMS under pre AMS level. Let's say AMS+5% from back, losing 49%, there is 39% remaining. I don't count bracers and such because not many go through this.
    46% actually witt bracer, or 50% in case of solitus Soldier.

Or well, if you don't count bracer than i'm not gonna count Engineers have pets, because not every Engi will go through this.

what i have learned from thsi thread.

engies can kill a sol through ams(with nsd) in 4 seconds

aka 33,333 pvp damage in 4 seconds to a sol with 20k hp

or 66,666 pvm damage

and people say nerf triples? WTF engies do over 7 TIMES NINE THSOUSAND damage in 4 seconds, nts push 9k in 7.5

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerf

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post

or 66,666 pvm damage

and people say nerf triples? WTF engies do over 7 TIMES NINE THSOUSAND damage in 4 seconds, nts push 9k in 7.5

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerf
    And pets that make MR look like child's play! ;(
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

engie is your original nemisis prof deal with it.
    Wonder why engi Nemesis nano removes 750 attack skills from fixers then
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Too bad it doesn't.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    46% actually witt bracer, or 50% in case of solitus Soldier.

Or well, if you don't count bracer than i'm not gonna count Engineers have pets, because not every Engi will go through this.
    Non issue anyway, even 39% reflect does help against engies. Oh, I did say that already but what do you think?

Engies can't kill a sold in 4s, especially with HoT and HD. I even have trouble raising alphas on engie, besides reseting to RE maybe. It's not productive to throw wild numbers like this. Again NSD alone, without 2 other bypassing prof wouldn't be that bad.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 1st, 2009 at 20:17:19.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Non issue anyway, even 39% reflect does help against engies. Oh, I did say that already but what do you think?

Engies can't kill a sold in 4s, especially with HoT and HD. I even have trouble raising alphas on engie, besides reseting to RE maybe. It's not productive to throw wild numbers like this. Again NSD alone, without 2 other bypassing prof wouldn't be that bad.
    I'd like only one prof to pose a serious threat to me, as well.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Too bad it doesn't.
    Nano Crystal (Unsteady Hands)
    Quality level: 175
    Price: 3*750
    Requirements:
    Use:

Must have expansionset: Lost Eden
    Matter Crea from 800
    Engineer
    Time&Space from 800

Modifier:
    Upload nanoprogram Unsteady Hands

Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    Nano Crystal - This nano formula will reduce the burst, ranged initiative, and submachine gun skills of a Fixer.

Item contains a formula:
    Unsteady Hands
    NaCost: 1100NCU cost: 175
    Duration: 00:00:15
    Range: 24m
    Speed:
    Attack 3.00s
    Recharge 1.50s
    Attack skills: Matter Crea 50% Time&Space 50%
    Defence skills: Nano Resist 100%
    Modifier:
    Burst -600
    MG / SMG -600
    Ranged. Init. -600

I'm sorry, 600, but who cares, it still does, so question remains the same
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    yup because nsd didn't exist before le's launch....

oh wait

some classes have always been natural enemies and aren't nessecarily the ones they have nemsis nanos for.

NTs and fixers
    Soldiers and Engis
    Advys and Lucifer

You know, those locked in eternal conflict of power.

pfff advies pwn lu with rrfe and fix long hot, what i want to see is if they still can soon as nanos change (could use some input on changes that arent perks Means)

or 66,666 pvm damage

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerf
    i will count for u , the 1st case when the sold don't have ams on just moving with aura + back , 99% of soldiers don't put reflect hud/bracer in BS ... 38+5=42% , NSD will leave u with zero reflect
    assuming the soldier got 24k HP, u are moving with 24k HP no defense at all , here is the dmg :

7200 AS
    2500 brust
    900 fling
    1700x3 2hits+1proc from the dog
    1700x3 same from the other pet
    1700x2 deadeye

will asume u have ams on or u noticed the engi and amsed w/e assuming u using amsV
    82+5=87% reflect , NSD will leave u at 39% "itis not even as our state w/o ams" well at this stat u will live to the next brust at the best case u will survive to the next AS and thats the end ,which mean u will die in 9-11sec
    in case of any one attacking with the engi itis insta death for the soldier .. .
    in both cases u will not force the engi to use cocon before u die , again all am asking here just protection against nsd we can't have 3 nemesis prof 2 of them disable our defense and offense and the 3rd ignore our only defnse thats just horrible and at any case all we need just 20-30% chance to take down our nemesis when itis defenses are down , we can do that with NT , traders , with engi itis no way , nerfing NSD abit will balance sold vs engi fight abit, and i have np to give 2 of my utilities slots away for this , just to avoid insta death in mass PVP
    Last edited by randomalpha; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 19:52:33.

I personaly think that 87% reflect is incredably powerful, almost advy-like powerful, there should be ways of countering it besides root and run (low NR makes this relativly easy for any CC prof or any one with a graft). Now, while 87% reflect is powerful, 42% isn't, so wouldn't it make sense to have it so it only effects a sold if ams/tms is running? Also, engi's do lose their blind aura if they choose to run nsd, meaning for engi to want to run nsd, it will have to be better (in the eyes of the engi) than the blind. Nerfing it might make it less valuable and near completly negate it for preference of the blind, leaving soldier nemesis count to 2. while thats more than most its that way for a reason, because soldiers are very powerful to quite a few professions (with large AR and alpha to kill and huge reflects to endure, unless kiting is used, and if any one has a idea on how to balance kiting, feel free to share).

edit: nanos are being rebalanced, we could end these squabbles (and start new ones) if fc gave us some info on this
    Last edited by lostlife; Dec 3rd, 2009 at 00:05:15. Reason: we need nano knowlege

Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    i saw a engie and 2 pets attack me, i didn't cast ams, i watched as the engie ran up to me and started casting some nano, 3 seconds later my reflects where gone and i died.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    i would like to point out that a engie doesn't kill you in 4 seconds, best case senario he kills you 4 seconds after nsd lands, and guess what other profs can kill X,Y or Z prof in 4 seconds:
    enf,
    nt,
    advy,
    soldier,
    shade,

so keep complaining, but whining wont make up for your lack of skills

@ OP
    Dude, why are you trying to fight an Engie? They are "supposed" to kills Solds. Just kite around and kill his pets. So he kills you? So what? In 30 secs you'll be back on BS tear'in ****e up. You have any idea how long it takes to cast/buff pets? Its hilarious. I had an engie stalkin me one time on BS. He killed me every chance he got, and most the time I killed at least one pet. It got to the point I wouldnt even run from him, just whoop his pets. I laffed so hard I almost couldnt play. Eventually he got the hint and left me alone. Engies OP? Hell yeah, to Soldiers at least. Can they kill us? Easily. But boy, can we cause some inconvenience for them! Its fun, try it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Things i learned from this thread so far

- AMS roots Soldiers for 1:20 and prevents them from moving
    -Soldier has no change of spotting the Engineer before he dies, despite the fact that Engineer has 2 huge pets with him and has to get within melee range to even start *trying* to debuff reflect
    - Burst has no def check and always hits with 3 bullets
    - fling shot has no def check
    - Pets are always in range,
    - pets always hit for max damage
    - pets damage ignores the reflects
    - pet damage proc with 25% chance to fire, in fact has 100% chance.
    - it is possible to cap AS from xan pistol/one hander through 46% reflect

-
    More to come.

So if i got this right after reading this thread. Solders can stand toe to toe and tank a engi, while they alpha a 20k hp engineer pet that has 48% reflect. They complain about engineers being able to kill them through AMS with NSD which leaves them at 40-50% reflect, and demands to get 100% immunity to NSD through items or perks. Soldiers love to kill a engi pet, since it gives them much pleasure knowing how long it takes to rebuild/rebuff

well some ppl quote stuff i didn't say others read what they want and leave the others , but well that explain one thing that NSD need to get nerfed
    Last edited by randomalpha; Dec 3rd, 2009 at 21:20:58.

In all honesty I'm actually with the engies here on this one... I don't see a need for NSD to be nerfed, our main problem is more the two other professions that ignore AMS, I don't really see NSD as being OP against us...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast