Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi Means

Agents still whining about RI = Priceless...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    Soldiers still defending RI = Priceless...
    Fixed.

Edit: no relation to topic, but who the heck changed the font on the forum? It looks all weird now.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I fail.
    Nothing there to defend... It's been ingame for quite some time as it is...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.

Nothing there to defend... It's been ingame for quite some time
    In game yes, not as is. Spammable, no skill, I win buttons are a new fad that Funcom decided to add in to make the game more, fast paced and ****ty.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

In game yes, not as is. Spammable, no skill, I win buttons are a new fad that Funcom decided to add in to make the game more, fast paced and ****ty.
    Spam that UBT and damage into the soldiers face. Maybe unsneak after the soldier already has AMS up and no skill CH his fighting target.

ZOMG. Fancy that.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    Spam that UBT and damage into the soldiers face. Maybe unsneak after the soldier already has AMS up and no skill CH his fighting target.

ZOMG. Fancy that.
    That'd work in some situations, in the rest where most of BS PvP (and thus the most PvP in AO besides towers) happens it's still a spammable, no skill, I win button.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

ZOMG. Fancy that.
    SO much fun when you get the drop on a non AMS'd soldier with an init debuff
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Then quit...

Or well remove AS, triples, cs, bio coccoon, zset, evades, hp, nsd, hell let's remove weapons from AO... Happy?

Then quit...
    Quit PvP? Of course. I don't play the game to get into a "my epeen is bigger then yours" contest with the boys. However I do play to have fun and enjoy myself in whatever task I choose to do on any given day. If I at one point want to go back to farming VP on my Agent (thankfully I have all the Ofab I was after for now) then I'd like it if I could move more then 10 steps without a Soldier running up and spamming this nano on me giving me one of two choices, die or run.

UBT them? Of course I do that, did you notice that Agents are ranged and can't interrupt nano casting? So they're slower, somehow I think they'll have the HP to survive a few hits while they cast their AMS. (This has been the situation any time I managed to UBT a Soldier, not even CS stun stops them for long enough)

Also consider that todays PvP is group based, what are the chances a Soldier will be alone? I mean really, most (and I can quite assuredly say most) bitched to high heaven when BE was first announced on the merit that it would allow others to kill evaders with no challenge. And yet when Soldiers have a nano that does the same to Agent it's a "l2p noob" flame fest?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

That'd work in some situations, in the rest where most of BS PvP (and thus the most PvP in AO besides towers) happens it's still a spammable, no skill, I win button.
    Obviously you missed the point.
    Lets say a soldier is attacking someone, with AMS up, and their target is going to die.

Then, an agent pops out of conceal (which is a no skill, I win ability to some), and CH's the Soldier's target (which is a no skill, I win button for some), and then AS the soldier (which is a no skill, I win button for some) and then drop some perk snares for good measure (which are no skill, I win button for some).

It's all about perspective.
    Try and get some.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quit PvP?
    No no i meant AO... If the game is so crappy... Quit...

And what Kink said...

No no i meant AO... If the game is so crappy... Quit...
    My dislike of one nano means I think the game is crappy? Right. Stop trying to be a smart ass, you're failing at it.

Obviously you missed the point.
    Lets say a soldier is attacking someone, with AMS up, and their target is going to die.

Then, an agent pops out of conceal (which is a no skill, I win ability to some), and CH's the Soldier's target (which is a no skill, I win button for some), and then AS the soldier (which is a no skill, I win button for some) and then drop some perk snares for good measure (which are no skill, I win button for some).

It's all about perspective.
    Try and get some.
    What you described is a 2v1 situation, the perspective there is that in a 2v1 the 2 have twice the chance to win and losing to two people when you're alone is a fact of life. If you expect to survive 2v1 then you're a danm fool.

Now with RI even in 1v1 the Soldier wins without challenge.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Also consider that todays PvP is group based, what are the chances a Soldier will be alone? I mean really, most (and I can quite assuredly say most) bitched to high heaven when BE was first announced on the merit that it would allow others to kill evaders with no challenge. And yet when Soldiers have a nano that does the same to Agent it's a "l2p noob" flame fest?
    Ayria does have a point here. Some fairness wouldn't go amiss.

Kink does have a good point too though. You don't always have to kill your target, to take them out of the fight. Just ask all the docs my NT has left rooted off in some corridor somewhere, or Traders she left blinded, NR debuffed and rooted while she ran for her life with GTH a'rapin.

You can't kill everyone. It sucks, yes, but get the perspective down. You have those you can't kill (NT/Doc/Crat vs Trader), those you have a good fight with and those you steam roll. Sometimes those outcomes are determined by tools, other times those outcomes are determined by skill. We have our extremes, the "lol ya right" fights that is purely determined by toolset vs toolset.

We also have the middle ground that people seem to forget, the place where x vs y is a good fight and to the better victor go the spoils.

Since no rezzing and no rebuffing on the BS, there's sometimes worse things you can do to someone than kill them, not only from a time out of fight perspective but also from a sheer annoyance and psychological perspective. Roots/Snares can last longer than a trip to decon. An NR debuff can last longer than a trip to decon. Improved Red Tape, apparently according to my hate tells is one of the most annoying things I can leave running on someone I know I can't kill after I've rooted/snared/IRT'd/random debuffed then legged it for the nearest person I can hand their ass to.

PvP is as much about tactics and psychological warfare as it is OLM,BNJK1234567890 /tell %t Remains of %t HAHAHAHAHAHA PWNED NEEB L2P REROLL LULZ DRINK MILK.

If you expect to survive 2v1 then you're a danm fool.
    Hey now, I've won my fair share of 2v1s and made damn sure I stroke my ever swelling epeen as a result But you're right, -expecting- to win 2v1 is folly.

Read above. There doesn't have to be a Remains of xxx to win or lose a fight. The thing I think that exacerbates Agent's frustrations the most, is there's so many damn Soldiers around. Can you imagine the elevated bitterness from NTs/Crats/Docs/casting reliant people if Traders were anywhere near Soldier numbers? I shudder to think, I might have actually driven something large and explosive into FC HQ by now.
    Last edited by Hacre; Mar 20th, 2009 at 00:34:00.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

My dislike of one nano means I think the game is crappy? Right. Stop trying to be a smart ass, you're failing at it.

What you described is a 2v1 situation, the perspective there is that in a 2v1 the 2 have twice the chance to win and losing to two people when you're alone is a fact of life. If you expect to survive 2v1 then you're a danm fool.

Try a 2v2 then. You'll suddently find the ability to UBT and CH and AS people on your side has a MASSIVE sway on how a 2v2 battle unfolds, even if 1v1 it can be shutdown by almost everyone, if you use the element of suprise then you'll sway a fight very quickly.

Besides, what I quoted doesnt have to be a 2v1 situation, it can happen in a 5v5, 10v10, or what have you. The perception is you ruined that soldiers day with easy, no skill "1 button press" abilities.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Besides, what I quoted doesnt have to be a 2v1 situation, it can happen in a 5v5, 10v10, or what have you. The perception is you ruined that soldiers day with easy, no skill "1 button press" abilities.
    Except that even with UBT running on them they can still cast AMS, it just takes longer. If RI were to slow down or reduce the efficiency of CH it would be a better comparison. However totally shutting down CH with a nano that is far more spamable then UBT ever will be doesn't really fit in the same category.

Soldiers can, and do, win fights with UBT in their NCU vs an Agent, how many fights do you see Agents winning vs Soldiers once RI landed?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

People still whining about Agents' whining about RI... even more priceless!

Except that even with UBT running on them they can still cast AMS, it just takes longer. If RI were to slow down or reduce the efficiency of CH it would be a better comparison. However totally shutting down CH with a nano that is far more spamable then UBT ever will be doesn't really fit in the same category.

Soldiers can, and do, win fights with UBT in their NCU vs an Agent, how many fights do you see Agents winning vs Soldiers once RI landed?
    This entire post is irrelevent.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

epic dead horse trolling
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

This entire post is irrelevent.
    Yes now if only debates could be won by opinion. Randomly take someone's post that you don't want to or can't counter, call it irrelevant and instant win the debate.

Fortunately most of us don't live in such a fantasy world.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Yes now if only debates could be won by opinion. Randomly take someone's post that you don't want to or can't counter, call it irrelevant and instant win the debate.

Fortunately most of us don't live in such a fantasy world.
    Your point was irrelevent. Please at reply to the point at hand. RI is fine. Fight around it. Make the soldier use AMS or dont attack them when AMS isnt up. Or alternatively, hammer into them till they are at 50%, they will AMS, snare them and run off and let someone else finish the job.

Its not a "lol easy 1 button win!" as this matters entirely on your perspective and your situation, as I posted above.
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast