Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Item Shop Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    what is your stance on selling lootrights?
    its stupid as hell and discourages people to actually do the content themselfs.

to be bit more specific, game allowing LR selling is bad, but it would be stupid not to take advantage from it.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jan 27th, 2012 at 03:01:33.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Completely Different.

Lootrights require people to do the content.
    Buying fabricated items out of the shop, does not.
    Doing the content doesn't necessarily mean you will get your items either.

Completely Different.

Lootrights require people to do the content.
    Buying fabricated items out of the shop, does not.
    Missed my point - people are arguing that it cheapens their accomplishments if someone gets an item without working for it (by their reasoning). The Item shop is exactly the same thing as running to a pf to pay for it (in my eyes).

The point I am making (or trying to) is that it shouldnt matter to anyone "how" an item was obtained by someone else - what difference does it really make? Is that BOC more valid on a toon that helped kill Beast vs the toon that ran to pf to loot? It's more of a personal thing to me. Dont get me wrong - I would prefer to play the game and get my items that way, but sadly with the current population it is getting alot harder to do it that way.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Why credits != power

To the mods: sorry if its not the right place, but there doesn't seem any other place more reasonable to put this post. The thread i was originally going to post in was closed, but I still want to make this point.

I have heard people complain that players can make money off the itemstore. Its no secret and it is perfectly legal to sell yesdrop items like token packs. The complaints were that FC had "lied" to us. We have been told that the itemshop wouldn't sell things for power, the contradiction some say is that player can make money off of the shops, which eventually will translate not having to farm for the best gear available.

FC isn't selling power. You don't become more powerful buying credits than you could by playing the game normally. Being able to buy credits isnt game wrecking(as you still can with or without FC). In other games you obtain the best gear from an itemstore, and there is no way to get through gameplay. THIS is what FC promised they wont do, and they are holding true to their promise.

Buying credits is purely a convenience, just as tokens, victory points, and vehicles.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Missed my point - people are arguing that it cheapens their accomplishments if someone gets an item without working for it (by their reasoning). The Item shop is exactly the same thing as running to a pf to pay for it (in my eyes).

The point I am making (or trying to) is that it shouldnt matter to anyone "how" an item was obtained by someone else - what difference does it really make? Is that BOC more valid on a toon that helped kill Beast vs the toon that ran to pf to loot? It's more of a personal thing to me. Dont get me wrong - I would prefer to play the game and get my items that way, but sadly with the current population it is getting alot harder to do it that way.
    I see what you're saying, but I don't care about the epeen factor (I think that's what people mean by the accomplishment factor) but do care about the 'playing the game with others' factor.

I think LR selling is borderline retarded because most of the times the people doing the content are just doing it over and over again.. and from my PvE player perspective.. people buying loot from those folks means less people for me to team with when I want to do the content.

As someone focused on the MM in the MMORPG, selling LR, selling items flat out in the itemshop, selling 'level to 59/99/199' boosts and allowing players to buy things from the itemshop that have signficant credit resale value in game are all just different ways to get to the same thing.... thinning out the pool of people actually playing the game/doing the content.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 27th, 2012 at 04:14:11.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I don't care about the epeen factor (I think that's what people mean by the accomplishment factor) but do care about the 'playing the game with others' factor.

I think LR selling is borderline retarded because most of the times the people doing the content are just doing it over and over again.. and from my PvE player perspective.. people buying loot from those folks means less people for me to team with when I want to do the content.

As someone focused on the MM in the MMORPG, selling LR, selling items flat out in the itemshop, selling 'level to 59/99/199' boosts and allowing players to buy things from the itemshop that have signficant credit resale value in game are all just different ways to get to the same thing.... thinning out the pool of people actually playing the game/doing the content.
    Who are you to say we should all be forced to team with you? That's basically what your saying, we shouldn't be able to buy LR or stuff from the item shop because we need to team with you. I would rather team with friends and my org m8s than random people and ill team with them whether i have my items or not. So how would me or others effect anyones ability to team if were not going to team with random people anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlonel View Post
    Who are you to say we should all be forced to team with you? That's basically what your saying, we shouldn't be able to buy LR or stuff from the item shop because we need to team with you. I would rather team with friends and my org m8s than random people and ill team with them whether i have my items or not. So how would me or others effect anyones ability to team if were not going to team with random people anyway?
    No one is forced to team with me.. fortunately, for me I guess, people do actually enjoy teaming with me.. existing friends and the new ones I make in my newbie raids.

I think..no I know.. you are missing/ignoring my point because I'm pretty decent at expressing myself via writing. While I disagree with things you've said, I at least understand your perspective.. I just disagree with it.

You on the other hand seem to not even understand other people's viewpoints at all. I'm guessing there's a comprehension issue possibly caused by a language barrier (no offense, just recognizing that when English isn't your native language it isn't always easy to understand certain communication elements). At this point, there is really no point in me trying to go into more detail.

It is all opinion and perspective and we each will have a diff one.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 27th, 2012 at 05:43:58.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

(Emphasis added)

Yes... 100% yes.

What I have noticed most in my short time here is lack of folks doing stuff...

Anything that takes away from that is unneeded/unwarranted/flawed. (Keep some MM in my ORPG)
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Delete itemshop

DELETE ITEMSHOP! Becose you have a IRL Wallet it means you deserve benefits? its a game, evryone should be on the same line. sorry funcom i bet you close this or W/e but you ask for itemshop suggestions, and i suggest we delete it.

If any freaking armor like tier or alien any any sort of armor comes in itemshop that means people dont need to farm em = I Quit on the day
    It almost made me wanna leave the day they added tokens and victory points for sale, sorry but i find it stupid that you wanna take profitt from people who dont bother to play the game as it was ment to be. Farm to get the items you deserve.

What itemshop does is to step on all the old players that had to farm tokens and use week's to get it. and all the battle station runs when 1 run = 100 points, it was cruel enought o then later increase to 1k+ for a win at tl 7 when people had farmed the bs for more houers than needed.

seriously funcom, stop step on the old players with the itemshop to let lasy people with wallet buy themself benefits.

i might be a troll, but sometimes i think you think to much about getting money out of us, let the game run and die natural insted of trying to grief the last creds you can before its over. becose the day this game ends i dont wanna remeber it as the game funcom tried to get evry single cred from us before game died.
    i know ao has a hard time, but i think this is the wrong way!
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jan 27th, 2012 at 15:50:39.

Had a big replay ready but delete it and just gonna say STOP with damn IS and work on DAMN engine and rebalance first then after it sort IS out when there is more ppl playing.

And as for them fake players defending IS ill say GO AWAY!
    Crats pwn

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    DELETE ITEMSHOP! Becose you have a IRL Wallet it means you deserve benefits? its a game, evryone should be on the same line. sorry funcom i bet you close this or W/e but you ask for itemshop suggestions, and i suggest we delete it.

If any freaking armor like tier or alien any any sort of armor comes in itemshop that means people dont need to farm em = I Quit on the day
    It almost made me wanna leave the day they added tokens and victory points for sale, sorry but i find it stupid that you wanna take profitt from people who dont bother to play the game as it was ment to be. Farm to get the items you deserve.

What itemshop does is to step on all the old players that had to farm tokens and use week's to get it. and all the battle station runs when 1 run = 100 points, it was cruel enought o then later increase to 1k+ for a win at tl 7 when people had farmed the bs for more houers than needed.

seriously funcom, stop step on the old players with the itemshop to let lasy people with wallet buy themself benefits.

i might be a troll, but sometimes i think you think to much about getting money out of us, let the game run and die natural insted of trying to grief the last creds you can before its over. becose the day this game ends i dont wanna remeber it as the game funcom tried to get evry single cred from us before game died.
    i know ao has a hard time, but i think this is the wrong way!
    Don't talk about stepping on old players, I have been playing since release and would rather see more stuff in the item shop such as ai armor etc and not just for social. Old players have done the content many times and some of us are bored with it and would rather not have to farm for everything. Besides this doesn't have any effect on you if someone else chooses to buy items, it will free people up to do other things like PVP. Instead of having to farm non stop to get armor people would be able to go do raids, or battle stations, towers, etc.

Im not saying put everything in the shop, i don't want to see pande loot in there as real armor, nor do i want to see apf items, nothing that requires a raid to do should be in there. But items you can get by soloing content i dont see an issue with.

Reponse to Le-Quack.

Who cares if theres tokens in there ? Its a stupid grind. If people wanna skip that grind, let them. If you like rötje grind, do the content. Tokens are eeasy ti achieve nowadays anyway.

Itemshop allows the casual gamers to take part of the fun without spending hours for something, that they instead they could put some quality time on their kids.

I wouldn't call myself old player (been around since '06) but honestly, having easier access to tokens is a huge releif lift off my shoulders. Because, who wants to buy tons of token guns? Who wants to do a huge amount of missions? Not me, and I think I speak for many, they simply don't wanna go through that boring part after having five characters.

Find something else to complain about (as you always do) and leave this out of here. Only bad thing about the itemshop is it's current prices and lack of more items. (which will both be fixed according to the producer, if Im not mistaken.).

That's all!
    Last edited by Hardcore; Jan 27th, 2012 at 18:16:12. Reason: Having to proove a more obvious point for the complaining man.

No one is forced to team with me.. fortunately, for me I guess, people do actually enjoy teaming with me.. existing friends and the new ones I make in my newbie raids.

I think..no I know.. you are missing/ignoring my point because I'm pretty decent at expressing myself via writing. While I disagree with things you've said, I at least understand your perspective.. I just disagree with it.

You on the other hand seem to not even understand other people's viewpoints at all. I'm guessing there's a comprehension issue possibly caused by a language barrier (no offense, just recognizing that when English isn't your native language it isn't always easy to understand certain communication elements). At this point, there is really no point in me trying to go into more detail.

It is all opinion and perspective and we each will have a diff one.
    I get what your saying but it doesn't make much sense. How would adding AI armor to the item shop bother you? Its not going to cause people not to want to team for raids and stuff. If anything its going to free people up to do a lot more things, and also stop the frustration with having to grind 1000s of city raids to get armor. So from what you have said if AI armor was added to the shop then nobody would ever want to team? I get that if other stuff was added it might effect the ability to team but not that much. Most people now days do all the content with friends or their org, which is what you said you do, so how would this effect your ability to team? It wouldn't effect you at all. Now i don't want to see raid items added, so no pande loot, or anything like that. But items you can easily get by soloing i don't see why there would be much of an issue. But from the sound of it your just against the item shop just because its a way to get items with money, you are trying to make excuses as to why you don't want to see anything added. Your excuses would only make sense if they added everything from the game to the shop, but if they add only a select group of things your excuses are obsolete.

Big sign...
    Kill the itemshop...c'mon...what you guys want? Way is bs mish?and now you can do 3 daily for more vp...you can buy tokens from vet shop whit vp !!!
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlonel View Post
    I get what your saying but it doesn't make much sense. How would adding AI armor to the item shop bother you?
    In the previous seven (7) pages of this thread there's atleast a dozen answers to that question. And they all make sense. I suggest you read them again, and this time with a dictionary if you still have comprehension problems.

Its not going to cause people not to want to team for raids and stuff. If anything its going to free people up to do a lot more things, and also stop the frustration with having to grind 1000s of city raids to get armor.
    But it IS going to cause people to not want to team for raids and stuff. If you can buy the raid loot with cash, who wants to do the content that drops the said loot? The ability to buy stuff directly, will reduce the amount of players doing the content that drops the said loot. Most of us want to INCREASE the participation on said content, NOT reduce it.

The way to fix things is NOT making them buyable with RL cash. The solution is fixing the gameplay issues. IE, fix the AI leadbot droprates to better level, and make it so that having more people in your team doesn't reduce your chances of getting the good loot and - (insert drumfill here) - it's not a boring grind anymore and people will be willing to team for it.

The suggestions forum is full of very good suggestions on this issue. One of them being the "raid token" or "Raid currency" system thats the current way to distribute the good stuff in all the newer MMO's.

And the rest of your repeated questions, well... Jill and others have answered to all of them. Many times. You just keep ignoring the answers.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

To the people suggesting non-social items for the item shop.

Stop it.

No, really, stop it.

You complain about the grind and having to camp items and 'I've done it all before', so what!? If you have been playing this game longer than a year, you KNOW that's a fundamental part of the game and trying to buy your way past it does nothing but damage the game even more. Let's break this down shall we?

#1 "I get to skip the token grind, I don't have to buy token guns!" - Congratulations, you are successfully taking creds out of the pocket of someone who is WILLING to farm token guns thus making a part of the game utterly obsolete, while some may argue there is no point to TGs since the inclusion of dailies, some people still buy TG packs for a quick boost. Or they did until the Item shop.

#2 "I just don't have the time to play anymore." - So you are willing to ruin the game for those that are? Really, just euthanize yourself now. If you don't have the time anymore, DON'T PLAY, it's THAT SIMPLE. Trying to push for changes that hurt the people who DO have the time and are WILLING to play the game as it was designed is beyond selfish. "But you're being selfish for not wanting change!" - I'm not the one trying to radically undermine the entire system that has been put in place for over 10 years.

#3 "XYZ part of the game is dead, I just want to skip it by getting the needed levels from the shop." - So instead of making a suggestion to the devs about how to resolve the issue, you just let it stay that way by waving your credit card around and saying "Look at me, I have disposable income, sucks to be you". One way ticket to hell, what good will those levels be when the game finally empties of willing players who want to level legitimately? Oh you will be on your own for a month before FC finally pulls the plug, what good use of your money.

#4 "I have done XYZ boss XYZ amount of times and still havn't got my item! I wish I could buy it from the shop!" - Welcome to the laws of statistics. I did over 80 Beast runs on my Engineer and saw 1 Lust and 2 BoCs, neither of which I won and I STILL don't want items such as this in the shop. Why? Because I understand the POINT of this game. You win some, you lose some, it's life. And even in the real world, you cannot buy your way to immediate victory in everything you do, simply because the world doesn't work like that. Same for AO. "But you can buy lootrights!" with currency THAT IS ALREADY INGAME that has come from OTHER PLAYERS. Welcome to the theory of Economy. Buying an endgame item right out the shop also lowers the requirement of players of doing content which makes playing the game pointless as it removes the endgame. No Endgame = No Goal = No players.

Now I'm sure certain people will come into this thread saying how I shouldn't dictate how they want to play, yet the irony of the situation is the fact they want us all to play like them.

Hilarious.

/rant off.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jan 27th, 2012 at 17:05:38.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

there is nothing wrong with the itemshop to be there, tokens and victory points can remain on there for all I care, I will still grind them the way i have for this whole entire time, I can call my self an old player, and ive been through both grinds and even more, the hardest to get armor out there should remain out of the shop though because I think people should "earn" that instead of just buying their way through the game when it comes to that, same thing with the Symbiants and other various things people have to grind, but I do not think that you should be telling funcom to take away a profit margin that they are benefiting from....
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Oh good, its was just a rant. For a second there i thought you were attempting to actually make points and compose an argument.
    And Many More!

Bacon warpz!
    And Many More!

Stop it.

No, really, stop it.

You complain about the grind and having to camp items and 'I've done it all before', so what!? If you have been playing this game longer than a year, you KNOW that's a fundamental part of the game and trying to buy your way past it does nothing but damage the game even more. Let's break this down shall we?

#1 "I get to skip the token grind, I don't have to buy token guns!" - Congratulations, you are successfully taking creds out of the pocket of someone who is WILLING to farm token guns thus making a part of the game utterly obsolete, while some may argue there is no point to TGs since the inclusion of dailies, some people still buy TG packs for a quick boost. Or they did until the Item shop.

#2 "I just don't have the time to play anymore." - So you are willing to ruin the game for those that are? Really, just euthanize yourself now. If you don't have the time anymore, DON'T PLAY, it's THAT SIMPLE. Trying to push for changes that hurt the people who DO have the time and are WILLING to play the game as it was designed is beyond selfish. "But you're being selfish for not wanting change!" - I'm not the one trying to radically undermine the entire system that has been put in place for over 10 years.

#3 "XYZ part of the game is dead, I just want to skip it by getting the needed levels from the shop." - So instead of making a suggestion to the devs about how to resolve the issue, you just let it stay that way by waving your credit card around and saying "Look at me, I have disposable income, sucks to be you". One way ticket to hell, what good will those levels be when the game finally empties of willing players who want to level legitimately? Oh you will be on your own for a month before FC finally pulls the plug, what good use of your money.

#4 "I have done XYZ boss XYZ amount of times and still havn't got my item! I wish I could buy it from the shop!" - Welcome to the laws of statistics. I did over 80 Beast runs on my Engineer and saw 1 Lust and 2 BoCs, neither of which I won and I STILL don't want items such as this in the shop. Why? Because I understand the POINT of this game. You win some, you lose some, it's life. And even in the real world, you cannot buy your way to immediate victory in everything you do, simply because the world doesn't work like that. Same for AO. "But you can buy lootrights!" with currency THAT IS ALREADY INGAME that has come from OTHER PLAYERS. Welcome to the theory of Economy. Buying an endgame item right out the shop also lowers the requirement of players of doing content which makes playing the game pointless as it removes the endgame. No Endgame = No Goal = No players.

Now I'm sure certain people will come into this thread saying how I shouldn't dictate how they want to play, yet the irony of the situation is the fact they want us all to play like them.

Hilarious.

/rant off.

Couldn't agree more.

Just as example - in former times, if you had your 2,5k token board ready, it meant that you had to grind and - in the process - learned how to use your toolset of your profession. It was an achievement that you really deserved.
    Dailies are easy enough at times, friend of mine who levelled his Doc a lot on those and the AI dailies noticed that already when it turns out that his experience is different from my Doc for example, who did her token runs, teams, and full City Raids including clearing the ship.

I'm not saying everyone who buys a token pack is a gimp - but the effect of getting a reward for something is lost.
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast