Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 21st, 2010 - Instability in Greece caused by Macrosun!

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I don't get why people keep saying the nanomage looks the best, I think it's the worst of the bunch...AND it's missing features the original head had...

I think it's supposed to be this one...http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40181.jpg
    Looks more like this one http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40188.jpg

Still missing a few things like the silly "hair" and a bit wrong eye color and the black thingies on the face are a bit off. But it looks a lot more like the one I'm linking than the one you did.

EDIT: ANd I think they already did show the face you linked earlier. Here, do a comparison: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/atta...5&d=1273242969

And here's the head you linked without the black stuff behind his head: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40186.jpg

Last edited by Swardbearker; May 21st, 2010 at 22:13:15.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'm quitting AO because of the heads. I won't comment on whether or not I like them or not. But they make me quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    can I have your stuff ?
    This thread is full of win!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Yeah. Things like hellspinner shock cannons, juggernauts, swords the size and shape of airplane wings, gigantic cannons firing notum into the sky, cyborgs, leets and Morgan Lafay don't look cartoony at all.
    Why do they shoot precious notum into the sky anyway?

I must admit, at the first look at the trox, I thought "they must be joking". It's definitely a step forward from the old head, for better or for worse. I'm sure it'll grow on me.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    Is a new playfield called ''King of the Hill'', dare to stand on it?
    Nah, it's not..
    Is that "King of Newland Hill"?
    Still waiting for a reason to come back...

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    The Notum Cannons are used to export the notum. OT figured the most cost effective way to transport lots of heavy mineral ore or whatever is to put it into containers and fire it out of the atmosphere for ships to then pick up or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    They shoot it into orbit where it gets picked up.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Swardbearker View Post
    Looks more like this one http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40188.jpg

Still missing a few things like the silly "hair" and a bit wrong eye color and the black thingies on the face are a bit off. But it looks a lot more like the one I'm linking than the one you did.
    Yeah I thought about that one too, but if that's the one they're showing today they got it ENTIRELY WRONG. I still think it looks more like the one I posted, but just missing the black lines above the eyes, but added more of a 'faceplate' like the one you linked.

EDIT: ANd I think they already did show the face you linked earlier. Here, do a comparison: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/atta...5&d=1273242969

And here's the head you linked without the black stuff behind his head: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ima...tars/40186.jpg

No they didn't show the head I linked earlier, sure the "face" is the same on those two, but the "head-dress" is different, one has the long thing in the back and one doesn't. The one Means posted today looks more like a hybrid of each of the ones we posted than either of them individually. I think they need to use a do-over.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    The Notum Cannons are used to export the notum. OT figured the most cost effective way to transport lots of heavy mineral ore or whatever is to put it into containers and fire it out of the atmosphere for ships to then pick up or some such.
    I think they just want ot make a lot of noise and shake the ground because it's funny.

And spitting mission is good, I had the forman's one on my trader but when I realised that it have the same reward as usual I just deleted it.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by DaviasI View Post
    I think it was mentioned previously that the other textures were being updated so its no more low-res textures..
    Some at least which is what I said. It was also mentioned that with the thousands of textures in game they won't be able to replace them all, which I also mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
    cause most dedicated twinks are created with OSB in mind, and basically with the purpose of NW, which at least in RK2 i see going on continuously.
    Really, which RK2 are you playing on as I'm not seeing that? There's some here and there and more on the weekends but often enough towers can be rather quiet and usually it's the same batch of people doing it when it does happen. Once Omni/Clan has their side XP dropped to a certain point there can be increased activity for a while, then it all goes dead for a good stretch.

Cause most people under 220 are leveling up, so they don't normally stop to PvP at the BS, they are leveling up. Cause the lower the title level the more screwed up you are if you are not twinked in PvP, which puts off newer players, most people don't start PvPing until they get to higher levels, or on their second/third toon.
    And this is a reason to shove everyone at any lvl new or old into PvP content how?

by your rationale PvE also doesn't get much interests from players, as is exponentially harder to get raids and encounters going, for most level ranges, than before.
    People in AO have become experts at getting things to work with a bear minimum of people. Which gets easier as they add new things to make us stronger while not updating prior content to make it harder. Most content short of BSs can be done with a single team or less and with those from just your org or allies. With the new changes to S42 even doing that to some extent can be done with a small group rather than a large raid force.

Sure everything gets harder to get going with less people in the game, that's a given. Although BSs with their number requirements from more than one side are just that much harder to get going than other things.

There is a big PvP community, not the majority by any means, but enough to warrant attention from the devs too.
    On the forums maybe. Go in game and PvP content isn't seeing much life and in game is where it matters.

What I object to is how once this new PvP stuff gets added just as what we have now doesn't work well, that won't either. On top of that it will mean the other PvP stuff will be seeing less activity as well. So then FC seems likely to do just as they have been doing with BSs which is to try to bring everyone and anyone in, willing or not. If you like PvP and want a good fight who do you think is better capable of giving you that, the one that wants to be there for the PvP or the one that doesn't want to be there but wants the reward and is going to do a little as possible to get it?

Point is, PVP in AO is about rewards. Killing people without a purpose is just nonsensical. What is the point?
    I thought it was about how it was suppose to be the most fun and challenging part of the game. At least that's what the fanatics have been saying for years. Then there is a purpose, it's suppose to be fun, challenging and it grows your epeen, well, if you win. There's titles to point at to show how great you are.

If they want to add a reward for PvPing that relates to PvP then fine. Although VP sure as hell isn't that and I don't like the idea of trying to drag in anyone and everyone into BSs just to try to get the numbers.

The point of BS pvp is to think tactically, and if people are incapable of that and only want deathmatch, then they shouldn't go to BS, should they now?
    While some work together and think how they can win the designed BS task many that came to PvP do just want to run around killing people, often solo. Although when not enough showed up to get BSs going well FC decided they couldn't have that so tried dragging in everyone as it was made the only real source for a reward that has very little to do with PvP.

SUPER EXCITED for the new jump-in pvp area.

more details plox!
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Clearly this explains why BS is so unpopular and why all the major cities (except the arenas in Tir and Omni-Ent) are empty. All the active PVPers must be gathered in 2HO and 4Holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    I was just pondering; Why do these people bother? There are so many better games for PvP. Why go to all the screaming and begging pain, destroying a good game so that you can run around in the same map, killing the same few people?

For points? For fame? For glory?
    Do you not have the "twitch" for FPS? Then why not play an MMO that is focused on PvP? Why be a "big" fish in a mud pool and then complain about it all the time?

*Shrugs* People are so strange.

Edit:

Muhahahaaa "Twitch impotent." heheheeeeeeeeee!
    ++ see signature.

Edit:

Two whole factions? Not just orgs? Plus neutrals and they can't get the BS'es to run properly? That includes PvMers who want VP? Gee ... there must be "so" many PvPers in this game!

The summary is ->
    "we" simply do not care about PvP.
    Don't care how many you killed.
    Don't care how much you buff, evade or debuff.
    Don't care what side is winning or losing.
    Totally irrelevant.

So, whine all you like but the most effiecient way to get the VP and the items for PvM is the method that will be used.

Do not care.
    Last edited by JenShay; May 22nd, 2010 at 00:42:40.
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Daily missions still need to scale for user's level - and they shouldn't require a single type of mob to start the quest chain when it's a public location. Everyone will try wack the same mob - no one but that person who does the most damage will be able to start.

The heads look good but the artists still don't get non-Asiatic head structures.
    Last edited by If6Was9; May 22nd, 2010 at 00:52:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Nanomage - personal hygiene fail or recently beaten but not bad
    Opifex - cringe worthy with the upside down lips
    Trox -

we might be lucky enough to see a first version next week-ish.
    Say whaaaaaat? Well I guess I won the bet in my org when I said that new engine on the test server will be around Sep/Oct this year...

P.S. I didn't read any of the replies
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Awesome new heads. First Trox I've seen that looks like a different species and not just a fat human. Please keep the huge lips, it gives him character

Same for the Opi girl. I'm glad she's a little bit weird and not just a gray-skinned Solitus. The Nanomage is ugly, but he's supposed to be ugly and I like him.
    Bump for them looking like more individual breeds. I support these latest pics.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Post AO THE DESTINATION simply driving players away.

More resources poured into developing PVP content??? Game population is in free fall so lets give them more of what nobody wants???

I guess the designers prefer to design areas that will be never used, and therefore receive very little criticism.

Graphics??? One of the best selling games for years (Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) had graphics way below the detail of current AO, yet game play and world design are light years beyond AO. Not to mention RDR starting up soon, no that's not going to be competition, naw.

The principles at AO simply refuse to fix the major things that are broken in the game, like the extremely dated nubi island experience, like vanishing mission entrances, bugged quests, too few unique quests or activities, lack of decent auction system, the lastly, the dead horse in the room.

The dead horse being that most new players come in expecting and wanting a game where leveling up is THE JOURNEY and these players quit after they have played long enough to realize that the game is fashioned to suit a dwindling set of paying end-gamers.

AO as THE JOURNEY has been co-opted with AO as THE DESTINATION.

I love AO, I love exploring all that it has to offer. I actually like a little bit of everything (hunting mobs in the wild, missions, quests, dungeons) (PVP not so much), but every day that goes by with THE DESTINATION mantra driving game development there are fewer and fewer players.

The daily missions were a small step in the right direction, I think it is going to take a great deal more to stem the player base collapse.

The latest batch of heads need to be sent back, they look just plain awful to me. What I would like to see improved are the sitting posture of most toons, talk about looking bizarre and grotesque. Yea, I know, no body wants to be assigned to work on butts. :-(
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    AO as THE JOURNEY has been co-opted with AO as THE DESTINATION.
    I actually think there are some stages at which you stop and it is all about the journey for quite some time. Just rolled a new char, destination 220, fully end-game, but i have to say i quite enjoy the journey since i hit 210 or so (219 so far).

Daily missions are good start for that. On top of that since my 210 the general feeling i have is that everything is progressing smoothly, without feeling the grind that much. I m doing a whole lot of different things since 210.

Quick list :

- Token from 1k to 2k so far : Dread mission (50k per kill), pvp missions, daily mission
    - VP : the occasionnal BS round with a focus on looting corpse, the daily missions BS round, the dread kill (500 VP).
    - SK/research : The occasionnal inf session, 1 to 2 hours, dailies missions, inf quest (3 series of quest which each give nice SK reward based on your level, just like dailies), neretva questline (50k per stage), the occasionnal alappa or alba run with SK from adds.
    - Axp : occasionnal AI raid, Arid quest (50K axp per stage ?), arid AXP farm session, occasionnal LE mission
    - Loot gathering : all the end game PvM raids, various solo questline (ado brain, scheol, bazzit, bronto, etc ...), shopping session for yesdrop and the corollaire, credits farm session, tradeskilling AI armor, alba hud, Xan NCU, ql 300 implants, w/e...
    - Thinking about the setup, looking auno, AO forums. . .
    - chilling ..

Pleasant, actually, and quite varied

It still takes way too long, ofc, imo, but it is gettin better.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If that trox head makes it ingame like that, I might have to quit. It's way too creepy.
    that trox is creepy?

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/atta...2&d=1271416952
    i can feel that one already hiding inside some bushes waiting for lowbie froob passing by.. then surprise backside-stuff :P
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

More resources poured into developing PVP content??? Game population is in free fall so lets give them more of what nobody wants???

Graphics??? One of the best selling games for years (Grand Theft Auto San Andreas) had graphics way below the detail of current AO, yet game play and world design are light years beyond AO. Not to mention RDR starting up soon, no that's not going to be competition, naw.
    I don't know what rock you're living under but there's a rather large number of people who want to pvp.
    And GTA SA had rather much more detailed characters than AO does. And it was a console title of a very succesful brand. Could you perhaps take a more unrelatable title and compare with?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Hate to burst your bubble, but GTA:SA looks a lot better than AO. Also, AO's graphics are dated by about 8 years. I think it's nice they're finally able to push it a bit more.

I'm with you, though. Content beats shinies anyday; but shinies are not bad either. :P
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast