View Poll Results: Engineer Professionals!

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xyphos

34 10.46%
  • -Stage-

68 20.92%
  • Ellarisa

94 28.92%
  • Technogen

75 23.08%
  • Takun

38 11.69%
  • Majoroutage_

16 4.92%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Professional Voting Thread (RESULTS WITHIN)!

Quote Originally Posted by Earendel View Post
    Keep the discussion clean and on topic please. No more bickering, or I'll start clearing out posts.
    can you clean some of these ql 166 implants too?

(sorry, had ta :P)
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    In any case the procedure needs rethinking for the future, having almost 50% of participants not voting for any of the winners can only end up bad.
    Actually what's worse is people without opinion about engies (or playing the toon) voting for the professionals...

Back on topic: Grats to both, make the engies proud, please
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Actually the community has asked for that a great deal...

And more if I wanted to go by it according to the community I should NOT ask for any more pistol items as after the 5 trys for the Augmep the community as a large was complaining about the amount of pistols.

The fact that I posted those in the 1st place is showing that I'm not going to just start submitting stuff to them.

You really enjoy taking things out of context, it was enough I had to go back and reread my own post to see wtf you were posting about.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I personally have been doing a lot of talking with the devs 1 on 1 about the pending changes. No, I can tell you what I've talked to them about thats part of the NDA, we cant talk about the changes until they make them but we will do everything we can to make sure the changes are for the better for engineers as a whole.
    See, that thing as it is shows just what the engineer prof should be, but you just wanted to attempt to fox news the post.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

TS adding item? We've really been waiting 7 years for that, finally. :S
    Last edited by Earendel; Dec 8th, 2009 at 23:40:35. Reason: Removed unnessecery comments
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    TS adding item? We've really been waiting 7 years for that, finally. :S
    So, what you're saying is you're completely ok on IP and dont need the ability to tradeskill end game items made easier for you?

BTW this device already exist in game as tutoring tools, this is just a unified and boosted version.
    Last edited by Technogen; Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:13:12.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

So, what you're saying is you're completely ok on IP and dont need the ability to tradeskill end game items made easier for you?
    Yes, I'm completely ok on IP and don't need the ability to tradeskill end game items made easier for me.
    Last edited by Earendel; Dec 8th, 2009 at 23:42:01. Reason: Removed unneccesary comments

Yes, I'm completely ok on IP and don't need the ability to tradeskill end game items made easier for me.
    Excellent job at constructing your engineer build, a complaint from a large percent of the engineer player base is our lack of support for psychology in our toolset for creating AI armor and any other psychology based tradeskills create in the future.
    Last edited by Earendel; Dec 8th, 2009 at 23:41:05. Reason: Removed unnessecary comments

<@Kintaii> L2P

Though I didn't win, I'd also like to thank the people who voted for me. I'm particularly grateful for the support of Majoroutage, Ella, Alcoydel and Rocker.

I'm honestly not at all dissapointed at not having won a spot; I was fairly beaten by two excellent engineers, and though Tech may post some crazy thangs from time to time, we know he never stops bugging the devs, so as professional, he should strengthen communication between the playerbase and the developers. My spare time is rather lacking these days, too, so fulfilling my obligations as professional to my satisfaction probably would have felt like work. I'm grateful that Ella and Tech will be doing that work, and I won't have to

I know from in-game conversations that there's lots of engineers out there who are afraid of posting here because of what a hostile environment this forum can be. I urge you to post your thoughts, be heard, especially now. Big changes are on their way, and your thoughts could infuence them, if only you'll voice them.

This election could have gone horribly wrong, and I reckon it went well. Everyone involved deserves congratulation. Except... you know... the horribly-wrong-people
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Well please feel free to post your list, Here better yet I'll start a thread like Uaints old one it'll let us get an idea of what the current forum posting engineers feel is their top concerns.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    You did answer the question asked didn't you? Now scroll up and read the other posts so as to put the thing in context. Do we need a TS super tool? Not really. Did we need those stupid 7x team blockers? I think you know the answer to that. If I had the choice between two things I did not need, I would have taken the thing that allowed me to carry less stuff and not the one that painted the giant red bullseye on my back.
    So you agree with me. You also don't expect our professionals to waste their time on an engi TS item. Their are many more important issues with engis. I don't think engis will get more attention than any other profession. We'll get 2?, 3?, maybe 4? favours from FC during the next round of changes. I'd rather have them dealing with the important issues and not some silly psychology.

Mereditche; I'm well aware that engineer has a good number of problems more important then not having psychology as one of our buffed tradeskills, but at no point did I say "Gets done before everything else". I know you guys like to think that I don't actively talk to the game developers but I almost everyday wither its in game or in IM.

I'll tell you something else, within the 3 months before next voting session there's not going to be any huge changes, thats just not how fast they can change things in the game based on the amount of manpower they have. That doesn't mean the changes wont come, but no matter whom is the professional they can't alter the laws of physics giving the devs 50 hour work days.

You guys need to get your heads out of your butts and decide, are you going to just continue acting like jerks about this or are you going to accept the fact that I am professional and you need to work with me to get your problems and concerns across?

I refuse to let the engineer community continue to be a hostel place it is to new engineer players, its gotten to the point where the engineer community trolls new and old players more then the NT community every did. So stop look at what you are constantly saying and attempt to enter the changes with an open mind, there are 2 professionals and if I attempt to push something Ellar does not support and argues with me it's far far less likely to get pushed though.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

We'll get 2?, 3?, maybe 4? favours from FC during the next round of changes.
    Until we start talking about what we have planned, there's no basis for you to make such a statement. We have more planned than you or anyone else on these forums have imagined - Our new Professionals are just now starting to see the tip of the iceberg. So don't be pessimistic until *after* we're done.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Until we start talking about what we have planned, there's no basis for you to make such a statement. We have more planned than you or anyone else on these forums have imagined - Our new Professionals are just now starting to see the tip of the iceberg. So don't be pessimistic until *after* we're done.
    Thank you for that post Kintaii, these new round of Professional spots are not going to be like the old ones, we've got to both convey the communities wants and needs while also shaping the clay mold that the Funcom dev team is creating with their wide sweeping changes to the game.

<@Kintaii> L2P

You guys need to get your heads out of your butts and decide, are you going to just continue acting like jerks about this or are you going to accept the fact that I am professional and you need to work with me to get your problems and concerns across?

I refuse to let the engineer community continue to be a hostel place it is to new engineer players, its gotten to the point where the engineer community trolls new and old players more then the NT community every did. So stop look at what you are constantly saying and attempt to enter the changes with an open mind, there are 2 professionals and if I attempt to push something Ellar does not support and argues with me it's far far less likely to get pushed though.
    You should expect nothing less than getting a few, just like me who actually care and plays this game to post a few post on this forum. As soon as more people realize the consequences the new perks will have with todays system and feel their view of the profession and playstyle is getting challenged by this incoming floating iceberg kintaii speaks about. We are all here to make sure it will not sink our titanic. I do not want a new engineer profession being thrown into my face! One that lacks the old charm my current Dec 8 2009 has. You should expect our opinions to collide on the forum and also expect it to get worse, once Funcom release all the information.
    Last edited by Fuglskremsel; Dec 8th, 2009 at 22:10:30.

I've removed 23 posts and edited 5. Stay on topic and keep the chat clean, I do not want to come back and clean it up again. This is the final warning, next time I'm swinging the infraction nerfbat as well.
    Last edited by Earendel; Dec 9th, 2009 at 00:33:39.
    Advisor Earendel
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Earendel View Post
    I've removed 23 posts and edited 5. Stay on topic and keep the chat clean, I do not want to come back and clean it up again. This is the final warning, next time I'm swinging the infraction nerfbat as well.
    Would you like me to tradeskill you a better nerfbat that is ever more OP? You could twink on way better...
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.
    sig'd
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post

You have a formatting error with that sig Ellar, I think you need to remove a space, or a line, I'm not sure which.

<@Kintaii> L2P

It's really hard to read Ella's and Tech's posts with them having the professional avatar these days. I'm sure my head will get around it eventually. Nice to have active pros again after a period of them being seemingly in limbo.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast