Thread: Shade bias?

Shade bias?

Looking through the perks I notice one odd thing. Melee range is very different depending on what profession you look at.

Advy - All offensive perks have 3m range
    Enfo - All DD perks have 3m range, all debuffs/taunts have 6-10m range
    Keeper - All DD perks have 3m range, all debuffs have 8m range
    MA - All offensive perks have 3m range
    Shade - All offensive perks have 8-10m range!!

Why is it that shades can hit targets 5-7 meters further away then everyone else? Either give everyone the same range, I don't care which, or fix whatever situation that only arises for shades that validates them having 3 times the range on their perks than everyone else.

I like playing fair, and this, this isn't even close to fair.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

im guessing it has to do with runspeed / kiting issues etc.
    the other mellee professions have ro will get options to slow down or catch up to the target easier.
    also the shades are more dependant on getting their perks of as a chain since if they get interrupted in the chain they cant continue the perkline.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

This is a simple answer. Anything we attack runs like hell.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Having to be behind sorts out some of the issues with long range though. 8m radii circle is big to run if your opponent keeps turning.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Yes FC loves shades so much, that's why every single one of our suggestions got ignored and our perks somewhat nerfed.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Yes FC loves shades so much, that's why every single one of our suggestions got ignored and our perks somewhat nerfed.
    Tough love, baby
    Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup.

Tons of chars and forum requires me to stop making new alts. :'(

Have you ever played a shade? Try chasing someone down and trying to complete a perk chain. This is the only suggestion about shades I can ever remember funcom ever implementing, it doesn't even come close to fixing some well known profession issues.

Other professions also have different toolsets that allow them to maintain a close proximity (root removing nanos, nr, root resist perks/aura etc).

Shade bias?
    These 2 words don't belong together.

Oh don't worry. You still won't be perked by non-troxes with these perks anyway, if they never change Spirit Phylactery.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by ironikart View Post
    Have you ever played a shade? Try chasing someone down and trying to complete a perk chain. This is the only suggestion about shades I can ever remember funcom ever implementing, it doesn't even come close to fixing some well known profession issues.

Other professions also have different toolsets that allow them to maintain a close proximity (root removing nanos, nr, root resist perks/aura etc).
    Yes I have tried playing a shade, albeit not at endgame, though I can't really see what that has to do with anything. And since you mention that other professions have root resist auras, I suggest you look at how well they work before mentioning them again as a "tool to maintain close proximity". I do believe some keepers would have a good laugh.
    That shades have it tough at completing perks chains doesn't really warrant them being able to use their weapons at this great length, how the perk chains work should be looked upon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Oh don't worry. You still won't be perked by non-troxes with these perks anyway, if they never change Spirit Phylactery.
    Whether or not the perks will land in pvp doesn't have anything to do with their range being much longer than all other melee perks. Again, if indeed shades have trouble landing their perks, the conditions for doing so should be looked at, not the distance at which they work.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

I would like to see what shades would do if they had access to implants, including QL 300s.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    I would like to see what shades would do if they had access to implants, including QL 300s.
    I'd start looking at the DPanther as an offhand for the -AAD debuff proc
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Yes I have tried playing a shade, albeit not at endgame, though I can't really see what that has to do with anything.
    I think he wants to say that shades have more perkCHAINS, so..need perkspecial 1 for perkspecial 2 to execute. The other proffesions just can fire away more perks without having to rely on other previous executed ones.

And this makes a lot of difference. Because the high DD perks will not be the first in the chain...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    if it could help get access to spirit purges, i'd be doing this...

implant first aid and comp lit in right hand.
    implant first aid and skill lock modifier in left hand.
    implant comp lit and concealment in eye.
    remove 300 brain spirit for ado brain.
    no longer cast SHD.

hecatomb gonna get nerfed to 2s attack time, so our alpha is ****ed up :/
    Devil Inside

Bicsak
    Bicseng
    Bicsfix
    Csinicrat
    Restinpain
    Szoldzser
    Snipehun
    Bendixon
    Kingofdrain

Quote Originally Posted by Bicsak View Post
    hecatomb gonna get nerfed to 2s attack time, so our alpha is ****ed up :/
    most of the professions alpha is getting toned down.
    at the same time specials and healing is getting toned down .
    this isnt a specific nerf against shades its a total slowdown of the pvp in AO.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.