Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Light at the end of the tunnel - February 26th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Junttius View Post
    wtb suntan lotion
    Zoftig Blimp?
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...e&link=0&id=66
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Dammit I can't wait until this graphics engine hits live. It seems like it will enhance the atmosphere and ambiance by 500%.

Real lighting and shadows really do make a huge difference in how a game feels.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Sounds good means, lowing the power of BR but opening it to a more logical target (anything with reflect rather then sol) sounds good to me
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

As a soldier, I love the new changes!

OK, balancing done. You don't need to change RI Move along, nothing more to see here ...

nice changes... sucks i unsubscribed and uninstalled AO already though
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    Well it isn't hard to resubscribe and reinstall then now is it?

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...1005,1070,1088
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

There is a very good and easy solution for your problem

Edit: Damn 3rd!
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Quote Originally Posted by Junttius View Post
    wtb suntan lotion
    No doubt...good thing that guard is standing in the shade...otherwise he'd be a puddle of goo.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Yeah, permanent AMS is what traders need
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Wewt
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Not sure about details, but it sounds to me that their NBG shield will lose efficiency, which might make up for the "perma" 60% reflects. They should lose a second of duration 1st (GTH recharge), and i bet the NoT was stronger in previous version ?

Other way to view the new GTH for the victim : nanopool wiped in 7 seconds from the moment it has been casted, leaving you 8 more at 0 nano since the -nano per seconds should be more efficient then the previous tick. Why not, need to check ig.
    Last edited by Drakeep; Feb 26th, 2010 at 16:54:15.

Borrow reflect:

- So a trader can leave an AMS-less sold with only 13 reflect, and a sold with AMS up with as much reflect as without AMS? I appreciate the change but I don't think it's really that much of an improvement for solds. As long as reflects are our sole defence, this type of a debuff is a bit unbalanced.
    - Does the +30 reflect part overwrite RRFE? If not, you want traders to have almost TMS-grade reflects for one whole minute with no drawbacks?
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Good changes but indeed if there's no cooldown on Borrow Reflect, it will greatly empower any trader with RRFE.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Borrow Reflect:

This nano in its current state simply removes the reflect (entire defense) of the soldier and enables God-Mode for the Trader for 30 seconds (100% reflect.)

The adjusted version of this nano going to TestLive today has been altered in a few ways:

1. This nano is now usable on ANY profession who currently has more than 24 ReflectMeleeAC at the current moment. (Has reflect to "borrow")
    2. The Debuff component of this nano is now -30 to all Reflect types. The Duration is now also reduced to 15 seconds. Significant...but not the complete removal of a professions defense that it was before.
    3. The Buff component of the nano now grants +30 to all reflect types to the Trader for a period of 60 seconds. Again...significant and nice to have...but not the god mode the previous encounter offered. With the opening up for more professions this should be generally more usefull and less situational.

Grand Theft Humidity:

Current Live versio of this nano has the victim stripped of all nano (multiple times) for an extended period of 60 seconds. This nano can be cast repeatedly without respite for the victim. This nano ends if the Trader dies as the "Buff" and the "Debuff" are linked.

The adjusted version of this nano going to TestLive today has been altered in a few ways:

1. The victim (regardless of profession) will now be drained of 15%/second of their total Nanopool for a duration of 15 seconds.
    2. The Trader will regain 10%/second of their nanopool for the 15 seconds of the duration of the effect.
    3. Casting this nano will be subject to a 60 second local cooldown preventing this nano from being repeatedly cast.
    4. The debuff component of this nano will stop if the Trader dies during the altercation.

Fantastic. Thank you, Means, for listening to all the rants, raves, and comments on the many threads about these nanos; while your GTH idea is rather out of left field I still feel it's a great alternative to what we have now.

Thanks.

And yes, PLEASE include a cooldown on Borrow Reflect, otherwise it's perfect.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

halleluja!!

br and gth modifications look really good
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Borrow Reflect:

This nano in its current state simply removes the reflect (entire defense) of the soldier and enables God-Mode for the Trader for 30 seconds (100% reflect.)

1. This nano is now usable on ANY profession who currently has more than 24 ReflectMeleeAC at the current moment. (Has reflect to "borrow")
    2. The Debuff component of this nano is now -30 to all Reflect types. The Duration is now also reduced to 15 seconds. Significant...but not the complete removal of a professions defense that it was before.
    3. The Buff component of the nano now grants +30 to all reflect types to the Trader for a period of 60 seconds. Again...significant and nice to have...but not the god mode the previous encounter offered. With the opening up for more professions this should be generally more usefull and less situational.
    I'm glad to see it toned down and am happy to realize the team knows the extent that this is terrible for soldiers. However, if it's spammable, there's still going to be a major problem. Also, a soldier losing 30% reflect in TL5 is debilitating and I think BR should be locked to TL7, or a 15% version made for TL5.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

<3

:d
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I'm glad to see it toned down and am happy to realize the team knows the extent that this is terrible for soldiers. However, if it's spammable, there's still going to be a major problem. Also, a soldier losing 30% reflect in TL5 is debilitating and I think BR should be locked to TL7, or a 15% version made for TL5.
    That would be pretty cool too, and yes, please add some sort of a cooldown.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nemesis nano speculations

This changing of nemesis nanos worries me somewhat. Please read this.

So, when thinking of all the nemesis nanos... They are mostly in forms of
    • Weapon skill debuffs (Unsteady hands -smg -burst, Pierce Nerves -piercing, Blow their cover -rifle)
    • Nano skill debuffs (Technical incompetence, Induce Stupor, Fill Inbox, Blindside)

Besides these things the other category is:

• Other (Enfo evade debuff, Advy heal eff. debuff, MP nanodamage debuff, Shade aura removal, Crat morph dot, NT rage+essence removal)

Now, if nemesis nanos are adjusted without further thought to affect a wider variety of professions but in a lesser state, will we really have the following:

• Soldiers, Engineers, Keepers with attack rating debuffs (mini-drains)
    • Agents, MAs, Docs, Fixers with nano skill debuffs (again mini-drains)
    • Shades and NTs with some sort of Epsilon Purge
    • Enforcers with evade debuffs
    • etc

Even if the numbers on these nemesis nanos are adjusted to much lesser amounts, say, -100 to -200, they can still have quite the defining impact on the outcome of encounters, time and time again. So, my question is as follows:

Will nemesis nanos be changed in their effect, or just toned down? The idea of the above is slightly disconcerting, of course depending on the final implementation.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast