Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 18th, 2009 - A start on Fixer issues

had Dark Ruins come to live couple of days ago? said it will come to live together with that noneed club ^^

now again not in patch, why?

which day is patchday for 18.2?

what about the "actions" meant in fwm 10th july?

what about DNW, chartransfer?

will we ignored this week again?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The next update (18.2.1) will have Dark Ruins...not 18.2.0 which should be next week.
    Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering about that too

Personally I'm holding off levelling a new toon to 200+ so I can take him to Dark Ruins...

*fidgets*...

So just a couple more weeks eh?...

*fidget, twitch*... ok

I'm really looking forward to all the new content that's in the pipeline Keep up the good work guys!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

PS - Please throw the Germans a bone... look what's happening to their faces
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

OH, this is VERY exciting news. Not because Fixers get love but because it's clear that FC is willing to dust the old code off and update some VERY old tools so they fit the modern gamespace.

Does that mean we might see some updates and improvements to junk nanolines like trader charms, AC debuffs, etco..? Could be. At least FC shows they willing to do it.

I'm especially excited to see what they do for AI tech perks ... 3 wasted perks
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

*cracks knuckles* where are the new necks we were promised? :P
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Fixers will start to see some progress on the Full Auto aspect of the balancing they require. Initially the "band-aid" fix for this issue was to add the skill to new weapons...which as we are all well aware failed spectacularly. It was always our intention to properly distribute Full Auto support accross the Fixer toolset and now the first steps of this process is making it to the live dimensions with FA support being added through nanos, new and old perks and personal research. !
    plz FC! dont give FA to fixer, give AS or FLing or anything else but we have soldier for FA/Burst combo dont need Smurfs soldierz with Full Auto in game.
    Fixer with FA/Burst combo, CSS (evade proff) = Soli Soldier FA/Burst combo CSS (evade Proff). Like makeing hot chokolate and hot cocoa they almost the same not much difference....

And a question about the new engine maybe i missed it but i wonder. Is the new engine going to make the armors and social wear High Resolution like the headz and bodies or we going to have nice round headz and cube armorz on bodiez?...
    Last edited by sagara6; Sep 18th, 2009 at 17:26:07.
    .........A_A
    ........(°A°) THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!
    ...Ξ0=(_._)==0Ξ
    ........() ()

Ok hearing you have added a new perkline to the game gives me a serious grin. It gives me hope that perhaps some of the big issues on my mind are in fact going to be looked at without any prodding on my part. Kudos on that. Perks are that thing that historically FC has seemed to be unwilling to touch since they were added. Adding/changing/fixing the issues with the perk system is going to be nice.

My biggest question to you Means regarding perks is this. The forumula that determines if a perk misses or lands is such a hard line right now. If you reach magical defensive number A then you will have to have more offensive number B in attack rating to ever land a single perk ever.

Will there be anything to address making perks themselves have a percent scaling chance or some other treatment which will allow a perk to land more frequently the closer it gets to that Magical Defensive number A instead of a "Always/Never" as it is now?

I think this is the most simple basic flaw of how perks make or break a profession and evades are the catalyst. The game's pvp seems to have become all about "pushing everything to evades" for most and oppositely "Pushing AR as far as you can to counter it". Instead of allowing for "shades of grey" in between.

Anyway, good stuff give your team a cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    My biggest question to you Means regarding perks is this. The forumula that determines if a perk misses or lands is such a hard line right now. If you reach magical defensive number A then you will have to have more offensive number B in attack rating to ever land a single perk ever.

Will there be anything to address making perks themselves have a percent scaling chance or some other treatment which will allow a perk to land more frequently the closer it gets to that Magical Defensive number A instead of a "Always/Never" as it is now?

I think this is the most simple basic flaw of how perks make or break a profession and evades are the catalyst. The game's pvp seems to have become all about "pushing everything to evades" for most and oppositely "Pushing AR as far as you can to counter it". Instead of allowing for "shades of grey" in between.

Anyway, good stuff give your team a cookie!
    As much beef as I have against Aethyrguard I have no problem supporting this post.

Means, ANY word able to be given on perk attack checks? This is a big deal especially for Shade PVP; also any word on changes to Mongo Rage?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Even with the "limited" extent of this update there are some changes we have been looking forward to for some time. Fixers will start to see some progress on the Full Auto aspect of the balancing they require. Initially the "band-aid" fix for this issue was to add the skill to new weapons...which as we are all well aware failed spectacularly. It was always our intention to properly distribute Full Auto support accross the Fixer toolset and now the first steps of this process is making it to the live dimensions with FA support being added through nanos, new and old perks and personal research.
    Only soldiers should have 11sec FA (with max bullets - better fix FA with each bullet check). Only agents should have 11sec AS.

Fixer with 11sec FA, one of the best evades ingame + best hots ingame If i should choose between fixer (with snare/roots/hots-evades-11sec fa) and soldier (reflect but none evades, none hot and also 11sec FA)...i will choose your new fixer (or fixsoldier ?).

Gj...this way give advys 11sec FA and soon maybe agents 13 sec AS without need of concealment

And PVP based on less HP = less hit ...sux too (better said it is game bug that should be fixed).
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Re: Runspeed

Are you doing anything to parrot? *cringe*
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Right now with the .6 changes fixers are getting 395 fa from this patch. 200 from hit and run 110 from accusition (sp) and 85 from shower with lead. (I missed that my 1st time looking at it)
    Shower with lead is a lvl 175-194 nano so that's 310 so far. Means said they will add FA in the AI line too but I doubt it will have the 190 remaining FA.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    *cracks knuckles* where are the new necks we were promised? :P
    The xan boreds have been upgraded, 1k hp nano 40 damage.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Shower with lead is a lvl 175-194 nano so that's 310 so far. Means said they will add FA in the AI line too but I doubt it will have the 190 remaining FA.
    Ok, it still got the FA buff so you have more support at lower levels.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

the new love on the neut boards are great, but did yall mean to leave off cl? even 100 cl would be great...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    the new love on the neut boards are great, but did yall mean to leave off cl? even 100 cl would be great...
    Only thing missing from them is a 1000 Token requirement...
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Only thing missing from them is a 1000 Token requirement...
    the 1k boards actually have better stats, including cl. if they want to make me farm 1k something for them ill gladly buy bags of them lol, i would just like a 100-200 cl on it to keep stuff out of oe...

means, any ETA on getting back the intro movie/getting a new intro movie? I know this isn't a high priority thing, but I (for one) felt that the intro added to the experience of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

There will be advance notice of this event in the launcher and in game as time grows near (Yes..Gridstream...we need to talk about this one! For those who aren't familiar with Gridstream...you should be! http://ww.gridstream.org).!
    h00t!! Say the word, sir!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

The nightclub will not be open on patch day but will open in grand fashion and with proper ceremony at a grand opening party in the coming weeks.There will be advance notice of this event in the launcher and in game as time grows near
    Its nice to have events like this actually make it to launcher screen.

Not that I go to parties all the time (would prob go to more if I knew they were happening like many others) but would be nice to have a calender put in to launcher to show events per month so more people who don't read forums would attend. Even some of the smaller events like Pirate Night (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=560870).
    Last edited by Grim_One; Sep 18th, 2009 at 18:49:20.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast