Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not a whine.

Not a whine.

I'd like to voice my support and approval for the changes, and you can tell that's a balanced statement because my prof didn't get anything.

Far too much frothing at the mouth and exasperated sighing and flat out whining going on in 18.1 just in the last 24 hours, before anyone even got to test anything out properly.

Crats, docs, engies and ranged advies got some great new damage that, more importantly, will land on a lot more profs, and a significantly better AS, should they choose to use it.

Fixers got a capping FA, 100% more reglar hits that are actually going to land, a decent fling, and a chunk more IP should they choose to give up AS.

Yet it's mainly crats, engies, ranged advies, and fixers that are whining. I guess irony is alive and well in 18.0+

I only see soldiers whining, about fixers having a decent special attack finally.

I'm not whining. I'm glad you remembered me accusing you of being biased though!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Crats are actually happy that they will be able to use their intended weapons, not some silly bow, without sucking in pvp
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

most ranged advy's i tested with are whining because they all prefered an improved jepp upgraded instead of a new as pistol and AS in the new perkline.
    the new perks are indeed very powerfull (little too imo).
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    most ranged advy's i tested with are whining because they all prefered an improved jepp upgraded instead of a new as pistol and AS in the new perkline.
    the new perks are indeed very powerfull (little too imo).
    I don't really understand why a pistol perkline would be so much more potent than the shotgun perkline for example.

I mean, what's so special about pistols? Except that ranged advies wanted better guns.

Feels like the typical FC approach though. A heavy blunt approach to an issue instead of surgical and well thought through fixes. If anyone need any examples of other such blunt approaches, then look at pretty much everything FC have done lately. Always fun when it happens to your profession but it only takes a few minutes before you realize that if this is the norm.. it can only make things worse in the long run

And seriously.. perks are based on the weapon used. Pistols are small weapons that are less powerful than shotguns or assault rifles, still pistols get OMG-perks. Why? Pistols are not supposed to be main damage for pet professions for example.. but now pet professions get weapon+perk-damage potential that surpasses even the pure shotgun-using trader but they also have pets in addition. What is the drawback to having pets now?
    Last edited by Wrangeline; May 16th, 2009 at 19:26:35.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Fixers got a capping FA, 100% more reglar hits that are actually going to land, a decent fling, and a chunk more IP should they choose to give up AS.
    I was one of the fixers asking for a viable pvp setup that didn't involve AS, so I think this is a move in the right direction for us. While it is definitely pvm love, I'm not sure how effective it will be in pvp.

The IP thing is deceptive. Pure pvp fixers have no ip in fling or multirange and may also choose to put little to none in shotgun. With the new weapons they will need to raise multirange close to max and will have to at least partially raise fling (maxing would be tempting). Some fixers are going to end up spending more IP in weapon skills despite removing AS and shotgun from their setup.

Well, it's easier to just give everyone a band-aid fix rather than actually put some thought, effort & imagination into it.
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Oppopji View Post
    Well, it's easier to just give everyone a band-aid fix rather than actually put some thought, effort & imagination into it.
    Unfortunately true.

That being said, I have no MAJOR beefs with this stuff. I would have rather had an updated Jobe, but, meh, better half a sandwich, than goin hungry.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Wtb tier4 armor which = Penultimate II ofab in retrospect.

and you can tell that's a balanced statement because my prof didn't get anything.
    You bought an account that only had 1 character slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I'm not whining. I'm glad you remembered me accusing you of being biased though!
    I think we should nerf and remove AS now and get it over with. That way FC can focus on fixing game mechanics.

I'm glad I have your support on this matter, Sterva: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=553295

Lets start with that new AS pistol. Only agents and MA's should even have AS. Bai bai pistol.

HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I don't really understand why a pistol perkline would be so much more potent than the shotgun perkline for example.

I mean, what's so special about pistols? Except that ranged advies wanted better guns.
    If the pistol perks are still much better than the shotgun perks after the trader "rebalancing" then there's cause for concern for you. It makes no sense to compare the perks before yours has been adjusted as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I only see soldiers whining, about fixers having a decent special attack finally.
    Take off your Paf-vision goggles then. It's a bright, new world out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    For once, you're not. Nor are you making ridiculous troll posts like a second rate Klod. But IHaveHugeNick is also a crat, and you can bet that if you and Paf don't whine, he's the backup to fill in for you.

I don't actually remember much of what you may have said to me in the past few years. Other than when I recently asked "are you the one with the chubby face and pink emo hair, or was that Iknowkungfu?" you replied with a string of 10 different ways to say "hah! you have no idea!". Sorry, but I have trouble remembering any specifics about you with such lacklustre schoolyard trashtalking. Try to be vibrant or different, and you may stand out a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    If the pistol perks are still much better than the shotgun perks after the trader "rebalancing" then there's cause for concern for you. It makes no sense to compare the perks before yours has been adjusted as well...
    Yeah that's very true but I have no reason to believe a boost to trader perks is in the works. As I see/saw it, the pistol perks was boosted/added because pistol users have been asking for a boost for a long time. Maybe better pistols were their main concern but some perk changes would make sense as well. For trader, any changes would probably be in different areas.. somehow. I don't know

But yeah, this is the first of many profession-related patches and it's not much use commenting on it until it's all said and done on FC's part

While on the subject though, some of the perks traders use are completely and utter crap. We got 1 DD perk with medium good damage (2300ish in pvp) that lands easily. Then we got a stun+heal+DD perk that is extremely hard to land. The rest are just loooow DD perks that are hard to land. If trader ever were to get any kind of love any time soon, it would have to be in the perk area (I'm talking strictly attack/defense power here).
    Last edited by Wrangeline; May 16th, 2009 at 22:54:36.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

whine
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.

I'm sigging this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

than
    (next post)
    their
    Wow! The right words spelled right and everything! *moment of reverence and appreciation*

OK moment over.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeburma View Post
    I'm sigging this!
    Glad I could be of assistance.

And seriously.. perks are based on the weapon used. Pistols are small weapons that are less powerful than shotguns or assault rifles, still pistols get OMG-perks. Why? Pistols are not supposed to be main damage for pet professions for example.. but now pet professions get weapon+perk-damage potential that surpasses even the pure shotgun-using trader but they also have pets in addition. What is the drawback to having pets now?
    Hopefully FC will go trough all the SL perks and make changes similiar to other lines aswell, I get the feeling that this is just the start hehe
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Yeah that's very true but I have no reason to believe a boost to trader perks is in the works.
    Trader perks were already boosted, hello?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast