Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Island clearance

BUMP!

We want our island back the way it was!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

*Gets out Petition*
    *Scribbles Name*

-=Bump=-
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

BUMP! Bump, for my looove! BUMPIN!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

I remember when I was on noob island the first time, I was able to easily make 10k without thinking about it. Now, I have to struggle for the money to buy the startup nanos. Please put it back how it was.

Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Stop whining. Fixers are uber.

Bump it like a frog.

and Add me to the petition! :P.. the Aliumz Drops are what tortured me as I played my first character.. three months later, I emerged from Froobdom, and have been Happy... but I HATE Newbie Island as it's become.. I actually had Fun the first time on the island.. and every time I think of rolling an Alt, I usually decide not to, because of the Drab, Gray World presented there......
    Weez Iz Teh Huggly Onez!11

Open the Cities back up, and allow orgs to rent Office Buildings!! The Tower Fields would actually have meaning, and get More Action, not to mention having the cities MEAN something again...!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=490763

Bump... plz add me to petition
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Add me too.
    FC, please... if you decide to do something: do it right, or don't even start.

*takes a deap breath* BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM P!

*faints from lack of oxygen*
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

bump - back to page 1

see above.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

Bump bump bump, another one bites the dust!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Bump for 'old skool' Newb island.

Did noob island yesterday with my new fixer.

Boooring! I like the new guys that give quests, but they're no substitute for interesting loot and AI drops. Fix it!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

yeah, i'll take the old newb back. I remeber being a froob on newb for the first time back when froob-island was first opened.

It was exciting, the lewt was the most fun part actually. Kill a leet get some random junk and hey a new gun.. no ammo on froob-island so you would equip that shiney sunburst blast off a few huge shots and then dump it for whatever random coolness happened to show up.

I just think the boring grey of the current island is evidence of the boring things FC has done to the game overall to essentialy pander to the tastes of the lowest of its subscribers. A resotration of newb island would be a sign post of a turnaround in the assinine things FC has done lately to grey the game out and dumb it down just as the current newb island truly represents what this game has become. Sick of waiting 30min for a newb boss to spawn so you can finnish your quest? Well get used to it, the whole game is gonna be you wasting time because FC decided to nerf something that droped phats... it also happens to be your very important quest target so the campers are even more intese running timmers to find their phatz good luck in getting your quest done.. give it a few hours.. haha..

This game has degenerated so far since I first started playing. It would have been better to leave it as it was than to do what has been done to it. After they nerfed drops over and over and over thus making it pointless to do anything that is hard to get at lower lvl unless your a PvP twink, by the time you've camped for something (days, weeks, sometimes just hours) you could have been 20-30 lvls higher. Now they nerf characters, nerf newb island. Soon I dont know what will be left of this game. A grey, empty, pointless shell of people logging in to blast a mob every 30 min till it drops that .00001% drop they want. Sometimes I find myself wishing someone would make a MMO as complex as AO with the scfi-fantasy theme. FC can do as they wish in their market. There is no competition in the scfi-fantasy that caters to the cround that play with a calculator on the desk while playing their game.

yaah rant.. and BUUMMMP!

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Sometimes I find myself wishing someone would make a MMO as complex as AO with the scfi-fantasy theme. FC can do as they wish in their market. There is no competition in the scfi-fantasy that caters to the cround that play with a calculator on the desk while playing their game.
    http://www.foundationsofstone.com/
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

well it would be competition if it was even to the point of having screen-shots.

I have been in the MMO playing life for a long time and I have seen many the MMO die long before market. Untill this thing rolls to beta FC has nothing to fear. Sorry but its just market truth.

Bump for island restoration...

Until someone turns a KNOWN BRAND into a sci-fi MMO, AO is going to rule. If people want to compete they have to go with a built-in playerbase, ala WoW. MMO'ers play it because it's populated and new, and it already had a fanbase from its other successful titles. SWG had those things going for it, but didn't deliver in the quality department. AO delivers in quality... complain all you like, but you wouldn't be logging on otherwise. I agree that AO's current state may be "asking for it," but IDK of anything else that can beat it out.

Shadowrun, if executed properly, could be a better game, but having to buy a PS3 (I think) will keep the playerbase down, and remember that I said "could," not "will be." The only reason I give it a chance is because I was an old school pen/paper player in grade school and I know it's a very deep and intriguing game.

HOWEVER, as off-topic as that might have seemed, it wasn't. If the playerbase of AO expands due to new content and a reputation listening to players, it will be tough to beat until you decide to step it up to AO2. Newbie Island may not be the biggest deal you've got going right now, but it's the FIRST thing people see when they roll a toon. You wouldn't leave a big weed right in front of your landscaping business, so don't leave nerfed content lying around the start of your MMO.

FC- Fix newbie island. The lure of interesting loot and the interaction with experienced players CAUSED by the interesting loot will draw in curious players, convince froobs to commit, and hold the interest of paying players. This is a genuine win/win.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast