Thread: Newbie Island clearance

Bring back Newbie Island Removed items

Well on a positive note, they may have removed "take me to the shop"s, but they were effectively replaced by random "corundum" and "blue corundum" from the shore snakes and surf lizards (sell for same). Also "melted circuit board" from cargo droids and waste collectors (also sell for same).

I really want them to bring back the stat rings as well as the AI weapons. Had made a newbie when all that still dropped and quit playing for a while. When I came back, to my surprise, still had those items on me and was still on newbie island, where they ad already stopped dropping! That was a trip! Was able to sell the weapons for about 100k each, but maybe I got ripped off, not a great seller.

The quest ring from the ICC guy isn't quite the same, and staying on the island to kill the bigger aliens (not spiders) just isn't worth it now. I, too, bailed as early as possible with my 2 AI levels. Whoever manages 3 AI levels deserves a medal in patience!

Please, Funcom, you still have a decent playerbase because the game is complicated enough to weed out the WoW invaders of little brain who can't wrap their heads around any amount of complexity in a game. (That is a GOOD thing, though some small brains manage to survive )

Thank you!!

-Jasmyne, RK1

Quote Originally Posted by DebbiR View Post
    Was able to sell the weapons for about 100k each, but maybe I got ripped off, not a great seller.
    Don't want ya to feel too bad, but they sell for up to 10mil a piece now.

I have 3 packs of them somewhere. And don't bother selling them.
    Anyway, I want them back in droptable.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

Besides the nice opportunity to make some extra money, also just the fun of wearing some good looking armor on newbie island.

bumpz0r!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Bump and.

Well on a positive note, they may have removed "take me to the shop"s, but they were effectively replaced by random "corundum" and "blue corundum" from the shore snakes and surf lizards (sell for same). Also "melted circuit board" from cargo droids and waste collectors (also sell for same).
    The corundums sell for less, melted circuit board do sell for the same though.

I really want them to bring back the stat rings as well as the AI weapons.
    I was one of the ones that set up a mule there after the boss types stoped dropping dyan boss type loot so have a mule with the rings, QL 1/2 newcomer armour, about 80K of creds, parts for weapons and a couple other things. Used to have AI weapons there too but after LE I moved them off the isl, don't stay long enough now.

The quest ring from the ICC guy isn't quite the same
    Braclet actually.

bumpage!.

bring back the nifty lil things that made newbie island fun.

Bump!!

Please add my name to list of supporters... i too miss picking up weapons and rings and implants off noob island and the arrival hall was kinda kewl.

*in a deep booming voice8 PREEEEEEEEEEESENTING....

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

List updated, Animaly.

If your name's not on there yet, let me know people.

Add my name to the list.

It was on the NI that I learned about implants, armor, weapons, rings etc.
    I remember when I just started playing AO that I even rolled a new toon especially for credz-farming on newbie-island. :P The NI felt like an adventure and like home at same time. It was newbie-friendly and stimulating to learn more about the game. Now I wouldn't even bother going there if it wasn't for those 2 AI levels...
    Furtermore, I have tried to get some friends to play AO and gave then the adress where to download it. From every single one I heard that they tried it and didn't like it cause it was too boring... They never even got off the newbie island...

Also the Arrival-Hall should be brought back in game. I still have one toon there actually... And keeping her there for the 'good old times' feeling. Since it's stille there, it wouldnt be to hard to bring it back ingame I guess.

complete support for this!

altho one thing im repeatedly hearing is people buying expansions because of the wep on noob island, honestly i seriously doubt this, but whatever i just wanted to pay because of SL, all the new places to explore, the new monsters, infact i actually just wanted SL but there was a packaged deal that came with NW and AI too so i was able to test the weapons

also i support for changing of SL backyard, wow the xp really sucks there, when i make a keeper or shade, i do RK mish to level up to 5 to start chimeras, increase droprate on pearls in backyard, and increase XP

also.. did they completly take the take me to shops out of the database? i dont see them dropping in the highrise backyards either anymore

Bump-Yeah!!!
    I refuse to let this thread get lost in the other threads.
    Long live the revolution!!!!
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Every time I start a character it's always walk up to Brandon, get his first mission, smash [TAB] til I have to talk to him again, get his second misison, kill the mobs, talk to him again, then kill and loot everything i can TAB, then get my nanos, get sided, get belt and leave, usually at around 8/2.

What does that really teach you about not only your profession but the game in general?

Bump
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Ye Ol' Bump
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Angry

Am I the only one bumping now???
    Oh and bump!!!
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBrother View Post
    Am I the only one bumping now???
    Oh and bump!!!
    Nope.

BUMP!!
    Last edited by WisebutCruel; Jul 6th, 2007 at 00:37:12.

Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast