Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Global Research - Reset

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    The silence continues I don't like the lack of info. A very bad omen.
    Course it does. The devs only just got into work. Now they have to spend 1 hour eating company paid breakfast, which comes out of YOUR subscription fee, and then discuss how much of AO's daily revenue should go to LEGO development, further they will look at who's getting fired because the breakfast was too expensive in the long run. Oh, wait, no employee benefits like that at all even with Montreal paying 30% of all FC employees' salary those shareholders need their profits!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Scotty, transfer all revenue to the LEGO project!

Captain, the AO-subscriber core is giving you all she's got. For God's sake she can't take any more!

Dammit I need casual-flavor-of-the-month warp power NOW!

Why not just add a level 4 research to every global ones? that would take about 1 year to complete?
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Psikie was practically jizzing himself in excitement over the thought of more inf grind
    HAHA no not at all, but it is hilariously funny to watch all the QQ posts about research. It delights me to see you squirm over the thought of not having your min max toon using the 2nd highest buff with the top buff just out of reach till YOU can't stand it anymore.

Although most reasonable players would blow it off and either look for MP/trader buffs, load up there froob buff toons, use some alternative items, OR just use 2nd highest buffs lol. There was a time before LE you know. APF nano, and DB quest nanos might be the only things anyone "COULD" have trouble buffing, I don't see that as game or toon breaking.

I'll just dual log a froob and buff if I feel the need or I don't know here's a crazy idea team with a trader/mp. OMG that's so hard get over it and please stop acting like you are going to slit your wrists over the end of the world.
    Last edited by Psikie; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 19:05:47.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Although most reasonable players would blow it off and either look for MP/trader buffs
    sure. come sign up for bs some more so you can be my cm monkey.

and i'm already using all possible buff items. only thing i'm not using is a phulak because that would mean taking off both weapons, equipping phulak, casting buff, unequipping phulak and re equipping weapons. and you can't rightclick equip weapons because some crackhead decided rightclicking the envy should make it become lefthand only isntead of being put on...

honestly, i love this game. i really do. but i don't have the time or the energy to play as much as i used to and if half my playtime is going to be spent swapping and looking for outside buffs well i have better things to do with my time and euros.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 19:05:13.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    honestly, i love this game. i really do. but i don't have the time or the energy to play as much as i used to and if half my playtime is going to be spent swapping and looking for outside buffs well i have better things to do with my time and euros.
    Before you quit can I hazz your stuff?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

If you cut down on the forum spamming, you can spend more time swapping and looking for buffs and subsequently play as much as before. And we are winners too!
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Before you quit can I hazz your stuff?
    sure. you can have my personal lockpick. i'll hold on to the rest so i can reactivate when you finish grinding out the global researches for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    If you cut down on the forum spamming, you can spend more time swapping and looking for buffs and subsequently play as much as before. And we are winners too!

no u
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 19:13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    He is a "Fixer Professional" forum spamming is his job lol.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This just means there's now a reason to bring MPs and Traders along to raids! Bravo, FC!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You guys are looking at this all wrong. This just means there's now a reason to bring MPs and Traders along to raids! Bravo, FC!
    +1 lol

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    ._. That also means I cannot hotswap def hud to solo hard stuffs! T.T Die FC!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Funcom employee

The decision regarding global research on Live is still pending.
    We've read your concerns and these will be taken into consideration.

Also note, global research is currently broken on TL and doesn't update.
    Last edited by Vhab; Jan 24th, 2013 at 16:55:48.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The decision regarding global research on Live is still pending.
    We've read your concerns and these will be taken into consideration.

Also note, global research is currently broken on TL and doesn't update.
    To be clear then -

It is (was?) the intent by FC to reset global researches back to 0 with the upcoming merge?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

It looks like he said the decision is pending regarding Live server ...

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    It looks like he said the decision is pending regarding Live server ... Kinnik
    I am asking if it was the "intent" of their "original" decision.

I realize the the actual final decision is pending now - apparently due to all of the discussion.

But I really would love to know if it was their original intent; as I think that shows a lack of understanding of the playerbase.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I am quite bemused as to why they would even consider this as a good idea in the first place! I am looking forward to the justification for making us repeat this 'content'. Colour me baffled.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I am asking if it was the "intent" of their "original" decision.

I realize the the actual final decision is pending now - apparently due to all of the discussion.

But I really would love to know if it was their original intent; as I think that shows a lack of understanding of the playerbase.
    It is safe to say that even testing it out on TL is an indication that it came up for discussion and evaluation on a server such as TL. The fact that it is being re-evaluated also indicates that the AO dev team really had no clue how deep into the game it would have effects.

This reminds me of the time Means and Macro tried to run a city raid and had to look up what it takes to trigger a ship invite. Ongoing evidence that the dev remain removed from how most people actually play the game. Also that a lot of common knowledge about how the things are used on the live server are also a mystery to them.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Fhinn View Post
    I am quite bemused as to why they would even consider this as a good idea in the first place! I am looking forward to the justification for making us repeat this 'content'. Colour me baffled.
    I have no idea why this would even be considered.
    Imagine if they rolled back our personal research.

Funcom employee

The wipe on TL was intentional as we're essentially starting a new server from scratch.
    This process hasn't been done in many many years and several systems need to be extensively tested.
    We're doing this on TL as the player involvement greatly improves the quality of the test.

As result we've discovered various issues with global research which we're now fixing.
    Up until now we also weren't sure to which extent we could influence global research at the start of a clean server.
    Pending research on this subject we haven't commented on our intentions for Live.
    I prefer not to make any statements I can't back up. As even the most vague statement gets interpreted as a promise.

Now we have concluded this research and we've been able to determine several scenarios of what we'll be able to do.
    Which scenario we'll go with has yet to be determined.

We'll likely roll out a different scenario than is currently on TL with the next patch to see how that works.
    As always, the state of the test server is never a guarantee of how a patch goes to Live.
    Last edited by Vhab; Jan 24th, 2013 at 22:17:28.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast