Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PVP Balance idea: Everyone is equal.

PVP Balance idea: Everyone is equal.

PVP Rebalance is impossible in the way it is being approached. Someone will always have an upper hand that is not in their control because of the mechanics in the game. However there is a solution.

What is the solution?

Make everyone equal – scary thought? Don’t curse yet!

PvP takes place in duels, gas areas and NPC Zones such as Tara.

The first nano is a PVP nano. You must buff this nano before you can encounter any type of PVP such as duels, hit a tower and or a flag.

Upon this PVP nano this wipes all of your current nanos. There is an entire line of PVP nano’s that is accessible to everyone. From shields, health, ADD. Think of it as a wheel in TSW. You can fully customize your toon for PVP.

There is a separate line of weapons, Amour and symbiants/implants in a tab that is only activated once the PVP nano is buffed. Everyone has access to the same weapons, armour and implants.

All current perks, AI perks, Breed attributes and proff are gone. Everyone is equal in all skills. For each level from level 1-220 will depict your health and nano.

Nano’s, armor and weapons can be farmed and or quested.

What this does is puts total accountability on the player and no longer on the developers. There can be a skill wheel like the one in TSW that you can customize your toon for PVP.

An entire new line of PVP nano’s, armor, weapons, and symbiant/implants. Every profession has equal access to everything that is offered.

This is where skill can actually evolve based on the players setup. Some will prevail and some will fail. There will be ultimate setups that everyone will do. Numbers of people in pvp will decide who then wins, how quick they can react. This will be purely skill based. There are people who can react fast, think fast, number crunch and so on.

This would solve the balance but not the opinions that will be discussed.

Everyone is equal?
    This is called Counter Strike.

I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Yes your toon is better but your not. If your toon at the end of balance is a better profession then yes your Toon is better than the rest. There will always be a superior in the game mechanic but not as a user.

FC Can balance all the want but the game mechanic will always win no matter what. My suggestion is complete player skill and not restricted by game mechanic. The only thing that restricts you is your IQ or how well you can mimic what others have done and further more if you are able to use there tool set setup.

This game mechanic uses the Microsoft's Windows Handicap principals. Meaning if you are a terrible player the game mechanic can play for you!
    Last edited by Gliese; Sep 3rd, 2011 at 04:10:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliese View Post
    My suggestion is complete player skill and not restricted by game mechanic. The only thing that restricts you is your IQ . . .

. . .

Meaning if you are a terrible player the game mechanic can play for you!
    Better player = more success, worse player = success nontheless with less time investment and theory testing?

What ever happened to putting in the effort? I'm on Gunfytr's mindset here that if we wanted no variety and equal capability we'd all be playing some first person shooter, RTS, or racing games. Not to count out other genres.

A much better idea would to be to give worse people/toons some utility that doesn't equate to a veteran's ability/power, instead of putting everyone on equal footing from the get go.

Not that these 2 games are anything alike, but in EVE someone who has been playing for 4 days can have a function, and a useful function in pvp (they are not as adept as someone who has specialized in it or has already completed their specialization in it, but that game is based on percentage gains from the same gear anyone else could have), just like the guys who have been around since the beginning. The 4 day old player will have a function, a useful function that every group needs, but that not everyone wants/can supply or that they could do better with a dedicated person on that task while other focus on their roles.

Which doing that in AO might ruin a few professions' niche depending on what that utility mechanic would be.
    Last edited by Waahash; Sep 3rd, 2011 at 05:13:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Jedi.

I'll trumph that with a Sith Lord, you have much to learn young padawan!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I want my very own padawan.
    Mirrors are more fun than television.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.
    Tnx for the siggy, Gun. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post

stupid idea is stupid.

everyone would just run around in full css, troll pistol and swsxi for armor/weapons spamming doubles.

Great idea. So great I suggested it myself years ago - before battlestation. The only part they used was the NCU wipe.

If anyone is opposed to the idea that their pvp success derive from some RL skills applied to the VL of the game - rather than success derived from which fats they have obtained through whatever means - then they are pretty much conceding that they have no penis. If they are male. If they are female they are admitting that they run like girls and can't throw a ball. And have no social skills.

Therefore the OPs suggestion is incontestably good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Great idea. So great I suggested it myself years ago - before battlestation. The only part they used was the NCU wipe.

If anyone is opposed to the idea that their pvp success derive from some RL skills applied to the VL of the game - rather than success derived from which fats they have obtained through whatever means - then they are pretty much conceding that they have no penis. If they are male. If they are female they are admitting that they run like girls and can't throw a ball. And have no social skills.

Therefore the OPs suggestion is incontestably good.
    hello kitty online is that way ----->

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post

What ever happened to putting in the effort? I'm on Gunfytr's mindset here that if we wanted no variety and equal capability we'd all be playing some first person shooter, RTS, or racing games. Not to count out other genres.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    stupid idea is stupid.

everyone would just run around in full css, troll pistol and swsxi for armor/weapons spamming doubles.

Both of you missed a few key points in my thread.

Armor, weapons and nano's are farmed. So the effort is there and the time is put in. This would be an entire new content expansion for AO.

You can't use CSS as there is new PVP armor that is activated once the nano is buffed.

As for the pistol and spamming doubles.. Sure.. However you only have so much NCU. If you want to use doubles, another player can use nano shut down and guess what? you're not spamming doubles. Keep in mind I have not written up a 100 page content description outlining this idea. You can assume? You can assume in this idea that your skill points can only go so far. So showing up in assault, FA, Fling, burst, absorbs and complete heal is not going to happen. You can try depending how you spend your points to wear types of armor, weapons and nano setups.

If everyone shows up on the battlefield in the exact same setup who will win? Well, Numbers: and how well organized each side is and has. If people are quick to think and set up lines properly there is a entire new strategy on the field. Again this now comes down to how well the PVP leader/raid is organized and is capable of commanding such of a thing. Each players setup can be effective - again its up to you how you want to play it out.

There can be setups that will assist to take down that setup. The point here is that the players can now "Balance" PVP themselves.

There is so much you can go off with this idea. This idea can revolutionize pvp and actually make an impact without the the aid of a game mechanic.

There will always be a so called Love child in this game. It is impossible to balance a mechanic . One proff will always beat another. People will find a way to make one proff superior over others as there is to many mechanics to weed out the exploits and advantages one should not have.

Equal PVP Gear, weapons and nono's fixes this problem.
    Also keeping in mind there are several different types of armors, weapons and 100's of nanos to make your combination how ever you can and only choose so many nano's as per setup. Being able to change your setup before each battle is breath of fresh air!

After balance you will still complain and it will never stop.

{Editted by Haquihana - Profanity Removed}
    Last edited by Haquihana; Sep 5th, 2011 at 00:08:02. Reason: Profanity Clean up

So you want to remove professions from AO?

Sooo not looking forward to rebalance!

Ps I'm a banana
    220/30 Doctor(sistadoc)
    220/30 Adventurer(starbooty)
    200/30 Agent(sissysnipe)
    -------------------------------
    Director of Shadow Company

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    hello kitty online is that way ----->
    And Disney's "Treasure Island" - where everyone's a pirate captain with his own ship - is over there too.

If you need to define your fighting ability by what stuff you can raid/purchase then twink on - rather than actually using situational awareness and such few real skills as make it through the keyboard+mouse sieve - then you are conceding that you are, in RL, pathetic.

The best online fight games I've been part of were ones were everyone had the same equipment, the same ping (effectively). You start with the same stuff to prove who knows how to use it best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Both of you missed a few key points in my thread.

Armor, weapons and nano's are farmed. So the effort is there and the time is put in. This would be an entire new content expansion for AO.
    Farming is only part of it. Despite the 1% of the items database that would still be used, getting those parts is the beginning of it.

You know how some people like to play certain professions over other certain professions? Removing that, and then creating "ultimate setups" for the only available single profession/breed isn't why alot of people stuck around in AO.

After balance you will still complaining and it will never stop.
    Likewise. If I was going to play Adventurer Online I would have already.

And for future reference, thought it doesn't exactly apply to these forums, don't confuse arguing against your points as complaining.

{Editted by Haquihana - Profanity clean up}
    Last edited by Haquihana; Sep 5th, 2011 at 00:09:07. Reason: Profanity Removal

The best online fight games I've been part of were ones were everyone had the same equipment, the same ping (effectively). You start with the same stuff to prove who knows how to use it best.
    And what game was that? ;o

And Disney's "Treasure Island" - where everyone's a pirate captain with his own ship - is over there too.

If you need to define your fighting ability by what stuff you can raid/purchase then twink on - rather than actually using situational awareness and such few real skills as make it through the keyboard+mouse sieve - then you are conceding that you are, in RL, pathetic..

if you need to define your fighting ability by how fast you can troll the forums - rather than actually playing the game and finishing your toon(s) - then you are conceding that you are, in RL, pathetic

And what game was that? ;o
    Hello Kitty Online
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Sep 4th, 2011 at 12:40:20.

You know how some people like to play certain professions over other certain professions? Removing that, and then creating "ultimate setups" for the only available single profession/breed isn't why alot of people stuck around in AO.

This is for PVP only. If you want to alter toon in the PVP setup as a soldier then do it. If you want to be a doctor then do it... If you want to me an enforcer then do it. Just keep in mind while you think you are in God Mod as an enforcer someone or a few can take you out. You can pick anything you want to be, the playing field is now leveled.

This idea is very much alive in Funcom's "The Secret World" I have only how ever altered it for AO.

let's go to the core problem of your entire idea.... AO != TSW. What in theory may work there, will not work here.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast