Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New building cutoff for gathering parts?

Getting us to go around to many places to get stuff is fine. Although first off they really should tell us how long we have. They routinely have added these special items or what not for an event then not told us when it would end. So people end up scrambling to get it all and miss out on parties and such which FC supposedly want us to attend. These things should be fun events, not something to stress out over. Tell us when it's over and give us a decent amount of time to do it.

Next, regarding these items as there are a lot of city plots now and some orgs with instanced cities there are also plenty of smaller orgs with cities. Doing content that requires more people on at the same time is generally easy enough for larger orgs but not the smaller ones. So should they do more things like this sending us off to places like APFs or Alb may not be that great of an idea. At least if items come from just the bosses. If it's from regular mobs along the way or both like S35 for instance then it's no big deal. In those cases you can get your item easily enough and if you have the people for it push on to get the nice boss loot too.

Funcom employee Time and how much you have

The bulding will likely be revealed on the 13th or 14th of July. Until then the parts will be available.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

How about if you give us a chance to get the posters and t-shirts until the same day?

not everyone had time to play on saturday as you can read in the other thread somewhere around here.

We thought the Building will only be available until saturday so we farmed 2 complete sets within 3 days, this was by far easier than get some of the so called "party only" stuff.... well ok my reallife gave me no time for the party and i am very unsatisfied because of that, i farmed all the season and special items for the past 5 years now, and i had never big problems to farm the items that i wanted until now.

dev t-shirts wasnt party only, or you maybe mean the other?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

I think Devs will be able to hand out T-shirts indefinitely in the future, no 'cut-off' date for those. Of course some are more prone to visiting the live Dimensions more than others...

Yesterday Means popped invisibly into our backyard hangout and spawned T-shirts in the inventories of all the org members standing around, generating a round of WTF!
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Well i don´t care to much for the dev t-shirts because i thought they are a handout that will last forever if you just meet a dev in the future.

All i really care for are the posters because they looked nice and i wanted to have one...

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    All i really care for are the posters because they looked nice and i wanted to have one...
    Me too, I wanted the wide one with the devs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    How about if you give us a chance to get the posters and t-shirts until the same day?

not everyone had time to play on saturday as you can read in the other thread somewhere around here.

We thought the Building will only be available until saturday so we farmed 2 complete sets within 3 days, this was by far easier than get some of the so called "party only" stuff.... well ok my reallife gave me no time for the party and i am very unsatisfied because of that, i farmed all the season and special items for the past 5 years now, and i had never big problems to farm the items that i wanted until now.
    /this
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

The bulding will likely be revealed on the 13th or 14th of July. Until then the parts will be available.
    Any update on when this will take place?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    When I spoke with Means last Friday about my city's building, he indicated ~2 weeks from then, so ETA next week I suppose.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

I talked to a gm yesterday (july 14th 01:00 gmt ish) , blew up my building have a new one in my inventory.
    he said he had no clue when the unveiling would happen.

that is the surprise, it wont be available until next b-day, or 3 days after hell freezes over, just ahead of the new engine
    Last edited by Capncaveman; Jul 14th, 2010 at 19:19:35.
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Since it did not happen on the date Means last officially stated, I'm going to guess...

Soon™
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Since it did not happen on the date Means last officially stated, I'm going to guess...

Soon™
    This Year™ is the new Soon™.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

He likely figured the rest of the stuff they were going to be putting in with the patch that was to happen would be done for then. Although it didn't so it's slowing things up. It's not like a NPC they can spawn and despawn with a script, they'd need to do a patch and won't do one just for that alone.

The bulding will likely be revealed on the 13th or 14th of July, 2011. Until then the parts will be available.
    Should happen next patch. I'm thinking that everyone is right, the building was an easy fix, but the rest of the patch is holding it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12