Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 30th, 2010 - About the Future

Funcom employee Friday with Means - April 30th, 2010 - About the Future

Last week someone posted that they wanted to know our plans for the future. This is obviously a good idea. While we are currently very busy getting the Daily Mission/Collector update ready for release (should be Tuesday!) and we are obviously still working on the Engine/Balance update we are in the process of also planning out the content of updates for the rest of the year.

This is where my question for this week comes in.

There have been many, many suggestions made over the last year+ as to what "we all really want"...but now as our planning is now currently trying to solidify these wishes I want to ask again..

"What should we add next?"

Good suggestions (that we are already looking into) include:

Profession bug-fixing.
    New open PvP content + new BS maps.
    Alien playfields at levels below and above Sector 10.
    New start-up experience.
    Revamping old encounters + loot to today's standards. ie: Hollow Island
    etc etc.

So here is a great chance for us to get a good view on what is important to our community as a whole.

What should we make next? Where should we spend our time that it would make the most difference/be the most fun?

We'll be watching here keeping track of common themes that will definitely end up shaping our plan for the year to come.

Have a great weekend!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first.

In this order i would like the focus to be.

New start-up experience. So you have it tried and tested, in place before the graphics update which almost feels like its gonna be a chance to re-launch the game to people.)

New AI playfield for below S10. People who buy expansions see little of AI till alot later on in the game otherwise.
    You see the Kyr'Ozch at Noob Island, then unless your invited to do some low level city raids, which I've found to be rare, or invited to do LE missions, which isnt worth farming if your going to level. You have to wait till around lvl 100 to enter S10 which is a twink run, or wait till 180 before you actually get at an expansions content.

New pvp content + BS map, for all those pvpers out there, give them something new to do. Might be an idea to look at towers as well and how they effect orgs, to make them see more worthwhile. (hopefully to re-invigorate Notum Wars.)

Revamp some old encounters and update the loot.
    Inner Sanctum, The soldier camps in Southern Foul Plains iirc, the unique mobs across all of Rubi-ka, maybe add more.

Kick Kinatii into gear on the storyline. Or let him have a bit more time to work on it.

Proffession bugs and fixing. Although i would think you do this continously throughout all work you currently do, when you have a spare hour or whatever.

Let the designers loose to create clothing and armour.

Thats my suggestion.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Apr 30th, 2010 at 15:05:43.

Woho!
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Are people asleep? only three* comments so far, not counting this :P

First page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "What should we add next?"
    A storyline to the game mabye?
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Apr 30th, 2010 at 14:57:34.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Second

Maybe an Auction area were people can auction there stuff ie:bid rather than buy from gms for set price

So early
    i R not spik engrish

looking forward to the new collector/daily mish stuff.

beyond what was already mentioned i cant really think of anything else.

hmmm
    some more zones on RK opened up for exploration maybe? some extra places to level in the 70-100 lvl range would be really cool to me personally (i dont count tiigs and hecks as leveling)
    apf for lower levels sounds like loads of fun too

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Funcom employee

Where should we spend our time that it would make the most difference/be the most fun?
    The Bahamas.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Junkseller View Post
    Maybe an Auction area were people can auction there stuff ie:bid rather than buy from gms for set price

More like an (ebay) thing going on, something of that sort

(should be Tuesday!)
    you didn't say of what year.....
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

New open PvP content + new BS maps.
    Bump
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Please make sure you spend time on start-up experience, maybe when revamp the whole start island. Make it a huge guide for new players, with voice. Like eve-online first had, a computer voice that guided you through the basics of the game for what was it, 2hours? That was a great thing!

Diffrent battlestations, maybe a 30vs30 map, maybe a 10vs10 map. Capure the flag map? Like wsg?

More instances, more focus on 5man instances. And they should be doable without the docenfcrat trio.

Add more weapons! More diveristy in the game!

If you read this, ty!
    Geez take it Eeez son.

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    you didn't say of what year.....
    Or month

What should we make next? Where should we spend our time that it would make the most difference/be the most fun?
    New raid encounter. There is currently only one true raid in AO - Sector 42. It's the only challenging PVM encounter. Everything else can be done with one team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    First page?

A storyline to the game mabye?
    QFT.

I think it's safe to assume the Arrival Hall wasn't the cause of losing new players since the ICC shuttleport suffers from the people getting confused and logging out also.

What should you do next? Bring back the Arrival Hall and make it part of a New Player Experience that actually shows players how to play the game and teaches them storyline.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast