Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New TL7 Trader drains...

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    What everyone fails to see is that while a trade might be somewhat effective against someone 1 on 1 when all the drains are in, it is not usually the situation on BS or in NW. And against more than two/three player of any class, a trader will eventually go down.

Funcom has stated over and over and over again that they balance the game with team-pvp in mind. Got a problem with a trader, take him out first with a group. Simple as that, now stop whining.

This is my opinion on TL7. I can not comment on what is happening in the other TL's. But I assume it's somewhat disturbed by nanite drains.

so its balance when it takes 3 or more people to take down one character in "Mass PvP"?. and nowadays it takes a "Mass" to even take down a trader.

Compared to other professions there are no penalties/sideffects for using any of the nanos in the traders toolset.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    So what you're saying is that you don't want a profession like traders in AO.

That's what I have said all along. People are just not willing to deal with the fact that a profession like the Trader exists. People find skill-debuffs annoying and so meeting a debuffing profession in PvP is simply not fun for them. Because of this, they will never ever be happy until traders are so crap that they become a joke or until the trader profession has been changed into something completely different than it is and always has been.

I have suggested this before, with no hint of sarcasm, that FC may as well just delete the trader profession because our enemies will never enjoy meeting us in PvP unless we are a complete pushover and they will whine about how our toolset works and us traders wont have much fun when no one has any respect for our profession or the individual player skill involved.

I think you need to do some research into how the traders nanobot shield works because it does not work like the NT shield does. If you suggest to make our shield work like the NT-shield does and THEN give us strong nanopool regenerating abilities then that's interesting as far as alternative defense goes but if you demand that we stop debuffing weapon and nanoskills in the process then you are not asking for a nerf or slight change. You are asking for the trader profession to be deleted and for some new profession to take its place. One you apparently spent 15 seconds making up.

If so then that just supports what I have said all along. That people are just not willing to deal with the fact that a profession like the Trader exists.
    trader shield works better than nt shield. the nt's nano deteriorates the trader's does not. and i dnt have a problem with traders debuffing. they just dnt have penalties on any of they're nanos to make some of them more situational.

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    trader shield works better than nt shield. the nt's nano deteriorates the trader's does not.
    Haha, what?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Haha, what?
    He was probably thinking, when GTH is active. Which is true to some point.

Haha, what?
    "Ha Ha" yes it does. When a trader gth's someone. which isnt an epic feat, about as easy as usin a first aid kit; A trader's nano doesnt take a loss due to gth replenishing it. Now the only thing that keeps this from lookin just plain sad, is the fact that nt's have izzy's. But the side effects are worst for nt cuz we cant attack effectively. Traders can still AS and shoot..

And for most professions, after they are gth'd, game over. not even including drains or ur heals. Debuffin is one thing but making several professions "unviable" in any matter is something else.

shouldnt be remotely possible to take away a person's toolset defensively and offensively without a penalty.

so its balance when it takes 3 or more people to take down one character in "Mass PvP"?. and nowadays it takes a "Mass" to even take down a trader.

Compared to other professions there are no penalties/sideffects for using any of the nanos in the traders toolset.
    It is not a reliable fact to say that it takes 3 or more players to take a trader down, because on average it will never take groups of 3 to take down every trader, and if that's not what you are saying, then it's just happenstance. Those things I have heard, and witnessed, multiple times about adv with coons and evade perked, not to mention roots didn't stick to them. Traders were never in that category, ever. Can it happen, sure, many things can happen in AO PvP, that's the beauty of it.

Compared to other professions, the trader is gimped to hell without drains, but GTH and BR are not a factor here, they're kind of silly.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Quote Originally Posted by Tergxj View Post
    It is not a reliable fact to say that it takes 3 or more players to take a trader down, because on average it will never take groups of 3 to take down every trader, and if that's not what you are saying, then it's just happenstance. Those things I have heard, and witnessed, multiple times about adv with coons and evade perked, not to mention roots didn't stick to them. Traders were never in that category, ever. Can it happen, sure, many things can happen in AO PvP, that's the beauty of it.

Compared to other professions, the trader is gimped to hell without drains, but GTH and BR are not a factor here, they're kind of silly.
    i dnt have a problem with drains. i think they're fine. and Br and gth are a factor dependin on what profession is zergin trader. also u have to take into account that 1 drain is enough to disable most professions. and in mass pvp. it does take more than one toon to take down a trader. anything less is an "LOL". thats just reality.

i never said anything about advy either..but then again, gth and drain an advy and hes nothin more than a lap dog. he wnt even bark after it.

Also as mentioned earlier, what exactly a trader's nemesis? seems to me they are every profession's nemesis. and y is there no penalty for some of the trader's nanos to make them situational?

i dnt have a problem with drains. i think they're fine. and Br and gth are a factor dependin on what profession is zergin trader. also u have to take into account that 1 drain is enough to disable most professions. and in mass pvp. it does take more than one toon to take down a trader. anything less is an "LOL". thats just reality.

i never said anything about advy either..but then again, gth and drain an advy and hes nothin more than a lap dog. he wnt even bark after it.

Also as mentioned earlier, what exactly a trader's nemesis? seems to me they are every profession's nemesis. and y is there no penalty for some of the trader's nanos to make them situational?
    when I said "not a factor" I meant that they don't help our nanoskills or weaponskills, and IMO are just oddities that are misguided attempts at updating our toolset while ignoring what we really need. As far as drains, well that's what we do. We must drain. Without them we suck, tremendously. We must always have both of them up to have comparable skills. In pvp we must drain to try and level the playing field, but this takes time.

Squishy traders don't have alot of time, regardless of what the non-traders say about our un-squishiness. I have a trox trader, but it does not matter, I'm still squishy. My solitus doctor can get significantly more hp, and that's not fully buffed.

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

when I said "not a factor" I meant that they don't help our nanoskills or weaponskills, and IMO are just oddities that are misguided attempts at updating our toolset while ignoring what we really need. As far as drains, well that's what we do. We must drain. Without them we suck, tremendously. We must always have both of them up to have comparable skills. In pvp we must drain to try and level the playing field, but this takes time.

Squishy traders don't have alot of time, regardless of what the non-traders say about our un-squishiness. I have a trox trader, but it does not matter, I'm still squishy. My solitus doctor can get significantly more hp, and that's not fully buffed.
    how is this relevent to gth/br? drains are cool. i have no problem with them. i like the concept of drains. it wouldnt hurt to increase them to be more competative at tl7 by a realistic amount.

But u seem to keep dodgin the fact about the spammibilty of gth and br. Those nanos teamed with gth/br makes trader overpowered. Because they are just a spamfest party nanos, with no decent cast/recharge time and no penalties whatsoever. An Mp has to use ensd situationally, now gth and ensd are on the same caliber as for what it does. but for some reason gth is spammable. now what if mps where given the luxury of a spamfest esnd? then traders would be QQing about that cuz u wouldnt be able to use ur toolset which are drains.

But u seem to keep dodgin the fact about the spammibilty of gth and br. Those nanos teamed with gth/br makes trader overpowered. Because they are just a spamfest party nanos, with no decent cast/recharge time and no penalties whatsoever. An Mp has to use ensd situationally, now gth and ensd are on the same caliber as for what it does. but for some reason gth is spammable. now what if mps where given the luxury of a spamfest esnd? then traders would be QQing about that cuz u wouldnt be able to use ur toolset which are drains.
    Can you please quit your vendetta against GTH? Chacapo and I know GTH is a big problem, we know it's overpowered, we're trying to get something going with the crew at FC, so please, calm down.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Can you please quit your vendetta against GTH? Chacapo and I know GTH is a big problem, we know it's overpowered, we're trying to get something going with the crew at FC, so please, calm down.
    so basically as a trader professional, u dnt want me to voice my opinion in a public forum? for which i pay my hard earned money to play a game? No i will not calm down. I dnt see any threads created by u stating that gth/br is overpowered.

so basically as a trader professional, u dnt want me to voice my opinion in a public forum? for which i pay my hard earned money to play a game? No i will not calm down. I dnt see any threads created by u stating that gth/br is overpowered.
    Because I never created those threads, they were all in comments. I do want people to voice their opinion, but the problem with GTH is that everyone and their grandmother has said "OMG it's overpowered!" and yet no one realizes that perhaps there are a few traders, like Chacapo and myself, that see GTH in the same light.

We do know that GTH is overpowered and I'm trying my best to get information from FunCom about this nano. Until then all I can do is tell people that I'm trying.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Because I never created those threads, they were all in comments. I do want people to voice their opinion, but the problem with GTH is that everyone and their grandmother has said "OMG it's overpowered!" and yet no one realizes that perhaps there are a few traders, like Chacapo and myself, that see GTH in the same light.

We do know that GTH is overpowered and I'm trying my best to get information from FunCom about this nano. Until then all I can do is tell people that I'm trying.
    well thats all i can say to is that "im trying to fight", when it lands in my ncu. but i understand u but that doesnt mean i wnt keep voicing my opinion about it,

I also said somewhere GTH/BR needs to be reworked, and i guess most of the traders playing this profession from day 1 agree...just chill untill theres more documentation on the upcoming changes, you made your point already...

Quote Originally Posted by Infamine View Post
    I also said somewhere GTH/BR needs to be reworked, and i guess most of the traders playing this profession from day 1 agree...just chill untill theres more documentation on the upcoming changes, you made your point already...
    i do chill, when my character is gth'ed, all i can do. /sit then /lounge sometimes i dnt want to watch the **** so i /afk and go fix dinner.

i do chill, when my character is gth'ed, all i can do. /sit then /lounge sometimes i dnt want to watch the **** so i /afk and go fix dinner.
    well, we could go on and on (traders that is) about how bad we had it for years in PvP & PvM, but we just had to cope. In this game there are different levels of changes to gameplay:

1. There is what the players want
    2. There is what is practical
    3. There is what FC thinks is right

Since FC has the final say so, most of the time it is irrelevant what we want, but maybe that will be different now. Not holding my breath though hehe

well, we could go on and on (traders that is) about how bad we had it for years in PvP & PvM, but we just had to cope. In this game there are different levels of changes to gameplay:

Since FC has the final say so, most of the time it is irrelevant what we want, but maybe that will be different now. Not holding my breath though hehe
    so its practical for me to have no offensive or defensive capabilites due to the result of a "party" nano in my ncu that has little to no resistances in game to it. and almost impossible to remove or recover from.. it may as well insta-kill. ill recover from it faster and since i cant attack or defend during its duration i think it should insta-kill.

Really this is a "no brainer".

How bad you were before does not justify being head and shoulders above now. Just sayin'.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    How bad you were before does not justify being head and shoulders above now. Just sayin'.
    like I have always said, GTH came from ......well I don't really know hehe, but it is not what we needed, it's not what we wanted, and it does nothing to further the profession.

that being said, contrary to all the bullcrap posted, it's not a friggin "I-WIN" button against every profession.

Whoever dies from nano being drained say I..............*crickets*

Don't like it ? Neither do I, except for casting on myself to refill my nano, or casting it on myself right before I use the bot shield (which lasts a handful of seconds).

I don't fear what changes FC is gonna do, it's irrelevant. Whatever they do will be done regardless of what I have to say.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast