Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enforcers RAGE Nano - rework (NERF!)

Enforcers RAGE Nano - rework (NERF!)

Yes, you have read good. Its OP nanoprogram. Its downside (dmg taken by enforcer) is overdue by pvp dmg nerf (half of ammount). For lowbie/mid Enforcers, the drawback dmg does nothing serious, but the gains of it are way OverPowered. lvl 40 enf with 2nd Rage is most times GODLIKE (my enf at 49 have 780 NR! and more speed then any other toon!).

So, while you plan to balance, double the DMG taken by enforcer.

As you see, I want balance for everyone, not just mine proff - so I am for nerfing my toons, just to see other have chances.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Who is going to kill those ev0l traders then?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Ofcoz, Enforcers, but i Just would like to see the drawback (dmg to enf) to be twiced, so it will be accurate to Info stated on nanoprogram.

The Enforcer continuously takes damage while this nano lasts, but so do all enemies that hit the Enforcer during this period.
    I belive, there should be some sacrifice, of such boost, that enforcers gain.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

The sacrifice is low duration, and enforcers being denied any other CC resistance tools. Enforcers are anti-caster prof, deal with it as Enforcers have no other goog pvp nanos (3min lockout fear nano does not count)

Massive inits, massive NR, massive run speed on one nano line and the sacrifice is low duration? How about casting rage again before it ends - meanwhile you can mongo?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I dont know about tl7 but at tl5 without rage up my enf has very low nr and run speed, like 900 nr or something. Thats with those stats maxed and pretty much the best stuff you can put on. Same goes with challenger that gives some nice aao but without it my ar is way lower than any half decent twink with "combat" profession has. Without chall my AR is around 1,6-1,7k (1,7 is mainly with some silly AR items that make me go splat very fast), thats with a full set of +27 merc.

I see to many "nerf this, nerf that" threads here. Nerfs make people unhappy and when they are unhappy they are more likely to leave. We should concentrate on boosting performance of those who need it, not on nerfing those who are already good, except nerfing some silly things that everyone knows and imho enf nanos are not one of those.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Nov 19th, 2009 at 14:28:45.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

if we talk about tl5 i have a doc and i like to think is a twink....i now ciek from bs and whit RAGE up i find my self casting UBT for few time until it lands our he gang me our he run...and dam..he run fast,to fast..i do have rs max/wolf graf and i use speed stim but he out run me that in split second is to way out my range and out of my view...
    And i'm not a gimp cuz i can UBT 90% i think ...even Giit (heard have insane nr)
    I like hard twinks so i'm not for nerf
    RAGE just cut i lil from rs...they are not fixers
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I belive, there should be some sacrifice, of such boost, that enforcers gain.
    I noticed you have about 90% nano casters with CC tools in their sig. Rage is fine where it is.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I like my enfos raging happily... even knowing how many dead schluups that has caused. Can't speak about lower tls though.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

I have a 126 enf. with procs I can get close to 2k nr.

Sounds god like doesn't it?

Then comes along a trader and BOOM. Drain lands anyway. At which point I can't break roots, can't hit the trader, can't run away cuz enf rs is ****.
    And inside 15 secs my nr is among the lowest ig because i can't recast rage.

Dum de dum.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Massive inits, massive NR, massive run speed on one nano line and the sacrifice is low duration? How about casting rage again before it ends - meanwhile you can mongo?
    I want you to cast, cancel and recast Wolf every 30 seconds, tell me what its like while you also recast a weapon skill buff and your heals

Ever think the main point of rage is to be a nice nano for a melee profession? If you want every nanoline and tool to be utter crap in AO then make a thread "I do not want profs to have useful or fun abilities."

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    And inside 15 secs my nr is among the lowest ig because i can't recast rage.
    Cast a lower ql rage?? and Yes. It is better then nothing, not as effective but more effective then not having it at all.

Rage needs a nerf in something. However with the RS nerf/balancing rage shouldn't have as huge as a impact as far as RS is concerned if it is done right.

To me rage should take away NR, your in a fury of rage you shouldnt be able to resist stuff as easy imo, but hey "we are anti casters who want moar DD, and moar survivability and moar AR!!! cause casters kick our butts!!" Well sorry to say enfs are either anti caster, or they can be DD monkeys like they want to be, but to get one they have to give up the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I want you to cast, cancel and recast Wolf every 30 seconds, tell me what its like while you also recast a weapon skill buff and your heals

Ever think the main point of rage is to be a nice nano for a melee profession? If you want every nanoline and tool to be utter crap in AO then make a thread "I do not want profs to have useful or fun abilities."
    What I would really like to know casting-wise is, is there any reason except nano skill / nano pool debuff that an enf would not have rage running 100% of the time in a pvp situation? After a certain level it would seem that enfs don't really run out of nano very easily either.

Actually, I forgot about rage breaking roots as well. For the 'nice' comparison, Aimed shot is a nice attack for ranged professions and GTH is a nice nano for a debuffing profession. Granted rage's a very nice nano and probably a lot of fun for one melee profession. It still enables one profession to have huge NR on demand with almost no effort whatsoever, never mind if NR is "broken" or not, and deal with most roots with great ease.

Enforcers are very popular in PvP at all level ranges, rage might have a lot to do with why, and this is after all a forum concerning balance. The OP has a point - rage has an inherent downside with the DoT that's built into it, but these days the DoT means very little while the modifiers are quite uber. A decent DoT (something like what it's like in SL) would mean enfs would actually have to think when to rage and not just run around with it 24/7. Right?

Rage would still be a fun useful nano after such a change. Right? Nobody said anything about utter crap, in comparison to some other threads stating "Remove tool XXX from YYY or make it so that YYY can't have bot XXX and ZZZ in same setup".
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Cast a lower ql rage?? and Yes. It is better then nothing, not as effective but more effective then not having it at all.

Rage needs a nerf in something. However with the RS nerf/balancing rage shouldn't have as huge as a impact as far as RS is concerned if it is done right.

To me rage should take away NR, your in a fury of rage you shouldnt be able to resist stuff as easy imo, but hey "we are anti casters who want moar DD, and moar survivability and moar AR!!! cause casters kick our butts!!" Well sorry to say enfs are either anti caster, or they can be DD monkeys like they want to be, but to get one they have to give up the other.
    hmm, 1. at those levels they are using highest roots, a lower rage wont break them, sure it will give u tiny boost to rs and NR, but it wont break the root so ur still stuck.

2. rage taking away NR? yeah i have a 170 enfo thats pretty twinked, and w/o rage i got 850 NR in reg setup, if u take away NR on rage i think we will have lower NR then shades at tl5. thats not just a nerf but a profession breaker.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    hmm, 1. at those levels they are using highest roots, a lower rage wont break them, sure it will give u tiny boost to rs and NR, but it wont break the root so ur still stuck.

2. rage taking away NR? yeah i have a 170 enfo thats pretty twinked, and w/o rage i got 850 NR in reg setup, if u take away NR on rage i think we will have lower NR then shades at tl5. thats not just a nerf but a profession breaker.
    Yes i know, its so very hard to use FM stims like other profs....

I never said it should be that way in game did i? It was a personal though and used to make a point. That point would be your either anti caster with current stuff, or you give up your anti caster abilities for something else.

Add a 750 AAD debuff on it and its ok.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Maybe its fine as it is and the class is balanced around it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

@ciefasky you're full of crap man.

your AR is below other melee profs without challenger running? seriously?

twinked shade has about 1400.

keeper has about 1800

MA I dunno

Advy probably around 1600.

If enf is hitting 2.2K AR with challenger and 1 proc, I doubt you've got "low" AR.

If anything, challenger needs a significant nerf by about 100 AAO.

im logged onto my enf now and without chal or procs and just my buffs im at 1692 AR. and i know for a fact that advys get way higher then 1600... 1700-1800 more like. so yeah, without challenger we are middle of the pack or lower. also, runspeed selfed atm, is 1142 without rage. i think you will find thats prolly around soldier speed or slower.

dropping 100 AR from chal wouldnt be any good as enfo is ment to get high AR...thats kinda the prof, that means with challenger we will still sit about wat toher profs can get without needing to use a short duration buff with nano crippling effect
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Rage needs Runspeed so that enfs can move with SL/DB esses running and to catch others.
    Rage needs Nano Resist because we have no debuff removal, resistance, or CC resistance (asside from measly booster bonus) and we are an anti-caster profession.
    Rage needs CC tool removal because we are a melee prof, you cannot perma root melee profs (yet it still happens).

Asside from keepers, all melee profs are easily at the capped level of RS, only thing is enforcers have to maintain a buff to do that, and stopping to recast rage, absorbs, mongo, chall while chasing down players sucks.

Enforcer has high max health and NR, and we have high potential AR. Take away NR at all and enfs have what? Broken max health in pvp and one of the lowest possible defensive levels of any profession. Rage is enforcers defensive saving grace.

So...Leave the NR and CC tools alone. For SL/LoX areas, maybe we could leave the Runspeed alone there (as the cost is higher), and simply lower the RS effect on RK since enforcers can have access to GSF there. That would be the most I would give up on rage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast