Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because MA's are right mad atm

Because MA's are right mad atm

The voices from the MA forums are really tired, and it doesn't sound like the devs heard them.

So, I'm starting a thread here which active MA's can use to describe one or more changes they would like to see in the upcoming balancing.

I will start:

Highest priority for me:

75% check on Flower of Life, 25 second duration
    600AAD debuff at QL 300, scaling back from there.

shorten recharge to 150s

AND
    Change LE attack "Balance or whatever" to 30% reflect, instead of 1500 dmg absorb, duration 20 seconds

Recharge 180s

Next Highest:

UWoS checks 25% riposte NOT PLUS AAD. If you can't land this on a fixer, it's use is severly limited.

Next highest:

Shorten ALL damage perk (except obliterate) execution time to 1 second

Next Highest:

REscale MA bonus on the general kung-fu knowlege perk line. give like 150 MA skill on the line instead of 50 or whatever.

Make Make a combined Dreadloch snipers freind with masterpiece aiming aid (for MA's and MP's and Agents, offering higher crit, bow, rifle, and AS skill.

Add a MA focussed Dreadloch hud item offering a "Rclick" usage for add 100% crit for 15 seconds, 10 minute recharge, and has MA/brawl/dimach/AAO modifiers.

Would be nice to have FC rework old MA attacks to make them more viable. Like your suggestion shorten recharge on them, up the damage to some, ie BoP.

I can't speak for MA only attacks (damn you FC and prof locks) but changing IB to 30% reflect wouldn't be to bad, 10-15 seconds. BwT already adds melee reflect so it would just be an upgrade but for a different attack.

And reworking Kung-Fu master, yes please. MA's do have combined bonus of 200 MA from perks like most other profs with weapon perklines, but having only damage to offer to a team they probably should get a little more to help with it.

I know you said MA's but MA doc is close enough

MA's dont really need more MA imho, what should be fixed, is attacks and perks.
    They have kinda crappy attacks, and their perks is even worse...

Some extra multi melee wouldn't hurt either. Unequipping a stick by accident is a pain....
    Aspirant of the Means Cult(tm)
    ---------------------------------------
    Bug Busters (Rk2)
    now Froob RK1

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    Some extra multi melee wouldn't hurt either. Unequipping a stick by accident is a pain....
    more MR is another story, the shens is not un-dualwieldable...
    Infact, most MAs should be able to self both with just a couple of swaps...

1 sec attack on all dd perks would ofc be nice
    Altering the MA attack from Absorb to Reflect would also be nice

But i haven't seen much love in general to MA's for a while, apf nano's are alright, the heal is definitely a improvement but the evade buff which was supposed to be in the AC line got put into the same line as all else so cant be stacked, and i mean including all the new items that pretty much everyone can wear MA's haven't been given any more defense then anyone else and yet everyones gaining much more offense

i'd like to see some new upgraded and real nano's for our AC line which include a little reflect/AC, maybe even aao/aad or evade mods (like they planned to with the apf nano) and something like that would actually make a difference, instead of a few more evades but revamping an old buff line which ma's dont even raise MC anymore to use would be realistic
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    BwT already adds melee reflect so it would just be an upgrade but for a different attack.
    BwT doesnt add reflect, it adds shield I think.

Anyhow, as to the MA attacks;

1) Delirium should have a 25% check or 0% really.
    2) Inner Balance should also have a very low def check 0% maybe.
    3) Using uwos/bbcs/sai fung should NOT put you in nano recharge.
    4) Should be able to use the MA atks while running (like uwos)

Something that'd be nice also is if things like Inner Balance and Delirium which are just self buffs not require a fighting target, they should be useable at will.

Something I've been trying to get fixed also : MA attack should NOT get stacked in perk chain. They're supposed to be instant and independent, the way weapon specials are (at least in my opinion). If you fire a few perks before an attack you get the delighting 'wait for previous action to finish', and it does not even take your attack into account, which means you'll have to it again anyway.

Would like to see all of heals have their recharge pulled back to 7 seconds. At first that does not seem like alot of change but at endgame 5.3 seconds to be locked out on nano recharge is a LOT. This would really help us out.

Would like to see Red Dawn Heal Perk get some better scaling. Not looking for huge increases at higher skill. But a little more would be nice. Maybe have the healing amount effected by MA Skill and level of Xuyun perked. For a perk that goes from near full heal to less than 10% at endgame it really needs to be looked at.

Dimach really needs to be lowered to 120 sec capped recharge vice 600 sec. As long as Full Auto (15K cap) and Aimed Shot (13K cap) are cycling under 45 seconds a faster dimach (10-11kish) is hard to argue against. And the longest it should take to cycle for a MA is maybe 900 seconds at level 1.

Ying and Yang Heal Perk can either be replaced completely or fixed. Would like to see something in the 120 second recharge with about three times the healing. More of a panic button. As it stands it is not balanced for "result vs lock out" for a fully perked line and the end all perk action of the line.

For level 1 to 209 I would like to see some MA weapons for dual wielding that are in the spirit of shen sticks for lower levels. Claws are OK and TT is good when you can finally equip one. But those the only realy options before shens. Would really like to see something out there for MA's at some point. Weapons that have a pure single req of MA skill. No specials required just something to enable dual and tripple wielding earlier in the game.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    Something I've been trying to get fixed also : MA attack should NOT get stacked in perk chain. They're supposed to be instant and independent, the way weapon specials are (at least in my opinion). If you fire a few perks before an attack you get the delighting 'wait for previous action to finish', and it does not even take your attack into account, which means you'll have to it again anyway.
    this works teh same for stims or well.. any items u use.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

give ma's some nano guard, you know, the reflect that eats up you nano...

Quote Originally Posted by odyceus View Post
    or make a MA attack that gives u a fast ticking HoT like BR that drains same amount of nano as it heals each tick.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by odyceus View Post
    lol ody, u still thinking about that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    this works teh same for stims or well.. any items u use.
    That's true, but stims are not part of a major toolset in offensive and defensive actions. Fact is that MA attacks are essential to us, in the same way some have nanos or specials that do fire instantly. They should not be treated as mere usable objects.

My Life as an MA:

Target is out of range for this attack.
    Aimed shot skill available.
    You hit knobface for 3016 Aimed shot damage.
    you hit another knobface for 1902 Aimed Shot Damage.

You get the drift.

I vote, until someone fixes the internet in australia, and synch at FC hedquarters or wherever that shix goes down, that MA's get 10m range on all wepons.!

hellsya. I'll be stoked with that.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 20th, 2009 at 17:05:37. Reason: removed profanity

Couple improvements I'd like to see:

1) MA attacks no longer put you in nano recharge!!
    2) Perks with shorter execution time and perhaps with increased range.
    3) The missed Form of Risan + Reduce Inertia stacking once again, like it should.
    4) Working defense against nanos (the role of nano resist... we have loads of it, but we all know how much it helps).

Couple updates and changes I'd love to see:

1) Two-handed Martial Artist only weapon, which rivals dualwielding shens in dmg (it doesn't need to be better, just an option to use some other weapon) and could possibly be used in pvp as well (ma for combined attacks ofc, high mbs, high crit bonus, brawl, fast attack, riposte, parry). With riposte and parry coming back from the dead, I could see this weapon like a mix between offensive and defensive tool... and imagine it being melee dmg... finally Anvils Fist nano would be something I'd always cast in PvM as well. And imagine how some balancing could be done with weapon modifiers (for example 4% nanite interruption or 50 evades or aad... or something like that.. some defensive or usable offensive proc etc, anything is possible! ).
    2) New improved crit% nano (I really would like to use that 75 ma skill research hud without completely nerfing my critical percentage). And if you don't wanna gives us a new nano, then perhaps Improved Gurgling River Sprite could be the answer (boosted crit% and boosted ma skill modifier)
    3) I want blue flames which lasts longer than couple seconds!

Here's couple of my thoughts conserning Martial Artists and balancing. Besides those very very much needed improvements (for example that nano recharge and ma attacks), that 2-handed Martial Artist weapon is something I'd definitely like to see. Just, imagine it! Blue flames and a spear-like weapon... like for example how Martial Artists looks when we hit that Fists of the Winter Flame, while equipping Spear of Forbidden Ceremonies... looks cool, doesn't it

What with all those lower ma attack check suggestions, suggestions for improved perks, and being able to use those attacks as specials would seem like a huge improvement even without implementing bigger range for attacks, and the upcoming riposte/parry changes. If such improvement was to come to pass, it might be fair to adjust MA crit chance in PvP to be halved like it is for the rest of us to not op the profession too much. After all, crit in PvP was halved for a good reason ages ago, right?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    What with all those lower ma attack check suggestions, suggestions for improved perks, and being able to use those attacks as specials would seem like a huge improvement even without implementing bigger range for attacks, and the upcoming riposte/parry changes. If such improvement was to come to pass, it might be fair to adjust MA crit chance in PvP to be halved like it is for the rest of us to not op the profession too much. After all, crit in PvP was halved for a good reason ages ago, right?
    Fight an enf lately?

uh, you can Q a enf and he can tank your crit dmg like you're a friggin mosquito.

you take away MA crits, and what, he's going to brawl you to death? LOL.

MA's DON'T USE DSHARKS.

caps for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    My Life as an MA:

You hit knobface for 3016 Aimed shot damage.
    you hit another knobface for 1902 Aimed Shot Damage.

You get the drift.
    WOW DAMN. That sucks. My life as a shade goes a bit more like this mang.

Gimpstick forces your ncu to run some root...
    Target is out of range.
    Target is out of range.
    Target is out of range.
    Target is out of range.
    Target is out of range.
    Target is out of range.
    Target is out of range.
    *Pop motr*
    You capped SA on gimpstick crat/fixer/agent/whoever can root
    Gimpstick forces your ncu to run some root...
    You just got killed because fc gives as pistol to gymps and lets em run around cappin on everyone.
    Last edited by Perkitup; Oct 20th, 2009 at 12:33:44.
    Perkitup 220/30 Atrox Shade Drperki 220/30 Solitus Doctor Lovvesold 220/30 Solitus Soldier X Men
    Geddy
    220/29 Solitus Bureaucrat Phrygian 220/? Atrox Enforcer Aeolian 220/? Opifex Fixer
    Thelord666 220/? Solitus Adventurer Kellen 218/? Opifex Martial Artist

And meanwhile MAs are a MELEE PROF for cryin out loud and they can insta swap to do as.

Usually duel between me and MA doesnt last too long. Land a couple outrageously large normal hits or brawls on me, then swap as,sa,dimach bye shade
    Perkitup 220/30 Atrox Shade Drperki 220/30 Solitus Doctor Lovvesold 220/30 Solitus Soldier X Men
    Geddy
    220/29 Solitus Bureaucrat Phrygian 220/? Atrox Enforcer Aeolian 220/? Opifex Fixer
    Thelord666 220/? Solitus Adventurer Kellen 218/? Opifex Martial Artist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast