Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pvp Doctors broken soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    No. DoT as well

Teams are about providing a larger set of skills that 1 person alone.

Accepting that its unlikely that solo pvp will survive, in all but a few professions, will make things easier and result in far less hair loss and lower blood pressure.

Given its the direction FC has been heading for some time now, it looks inevitable.
    FC may be pushing team pvp, but lots of people will still go solo. As a doctor i have enough "fun" healing people in pvm. I don't pvp to be a heal b**** for some team, i pvp for the same reason as most others, to kill people.

If FC is smart enough they wont kill solo pvp, they will just make team pvp a better looking option.

Doctors will be the nerfest!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    I kill plenty of people w/o depending on, or using AS, and yes good pvpers.
    This.

same thing for me... i have many solo kills (high 1300s) and i haven't been AS since tl5

~IoH
    Resident Original "Ionlyheal" Docbish 220/30/70
    Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    I took your advice. The anti-social "Ionlyheal channel" was full of stupid people so I turned it off

FC may be pushing team pvp, but lots of people will still go solo.
    And for those that do, its their choice to be "different", in the same way as nothing requires you to use a certain weapon, but doing so means you cant complain because youve made the choice.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

And for those that do, its their choice to be "different", in the same way as nothing requires you to use a certain weapon, but doing so means you cant complain because youve made the choice.
    I'am very aware. I am just very very fed up with people telling doctors that they should only heal. Being a doctor doesnt mean I am anyones and everyones person heal monkey.

Oh, i quite agree. Everyone should try to push the boundaries of their profession, but sometimes you have to accept the limits.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Oh, i quite agree. Everyone should try to push the boundaries of their profession, but sometimes you have to accept the limits.
    The limits of a doctor is not to be a used as a tool to keep others alive. It's very well within the limits of a doctor to solo and attempted to kill people just like every other prof, but many seem to think otherwise.

As you can tell i highly dislike it when people tell others how to play their toons or professions.

Maybe you guys will get a shadowform or something, maybe even a tl7+ nuke.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

As you can tell i highly dislike it when people tell others how to play their toons or professions.
    Theres only 2 people that can tell you how to play your toon, 1 is you, the other is Funcom.

Everyone else just offers advice or an insight into how they play their own toon.

It could be worse, in some games the healing profession gets only heals and debuffs, and nothing more.

At the risk of being flamed, I really don't understand why people roll docs when they don't want to heal people, it's like rolling an enf and not wanting to tank ><

If FC really want to push for teamplay, then they should drop the split between solo & team kill counts, and have an overall count. Automatic teams would be fine too, this is one thing WoW got right, and the pvp is a lot more fun and balanced. Though ofc if you take pvp *that* seriously, play an FPS (again, teaming is auto, I don't understand why FC split it).

I'm dreading the incoming 'balancing' as I have a feeling in the long run it will nerf docs like me who prefer to work in a team and play to heal, and favour those who want a DD with heals as they're usually the loudest here.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

Quote Originally Posted by Silq View Post
    At the risk of being flamed, I really don't understand why people roll docs when they don't want to heal people, it's like rolling an enf and not wanting to tank ><
    I want to heal people, it's fun ! But I don't want to do just that, it's boring. And I don't really want to heal ppl outside of my team, since they benefit from me, but I don't from them.

I agree with the overall count between solo and teams kills. No more solo count = no more reason to stay solo = more team pvp
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

I'm dreading the incoming 'balancing' as I have a feeling in the long run it will nerf docs like me who prefer to work in a team and play to heal, and favour those who want a DD with heals as they're usually the loudest here.
    I don't think that is actually going to be the reason for a nerf. It's more a mechanic thing. FC wants to reduce "infinite survival" and they want to move away from specials to make regular hits count again. Heals are on the nerf agenda because they would be too op in it's current form for the new system, and most likely will get a bit of a extra nerf so you can't stay alive indefinately.

If they lower the defense of a profession, they should increase the offense. A trade is better then a plain loss. That's how most feel.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Because 220 levels and countless days of game play of just healing people gets old. I hate team pvp for my own reasons and bad experiences. But i like the challange of solo pvp which team pvp fails to offer. Healing people for their benifit when i want to do the same thing as them (kill people) but cant because I am baby sitting them isnt fun to me. I run solo 100% of the time on BS, i still buff people and throw heals their way when iam not getting zerged and i find that to be fair enough and it lets me do what i want to do, and it makes others glad iam around.

I wouldn't mind seeing docs get a line of ability drains other than the ones that are in the generic nano shop. Could make things interesting by making twinks equipment go oe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phante View Post
    please tell me vs 2 not good pvpers (cuz vs 2 good pvprs youre dead no matter what) what you rely on if not as? just to cast ubt its hard as hell cuz you have to chainheal yourself.
    lets take 1-1 situation again a lil ... in 5 min forz alphaed me 3 times close to death .. you think you can affort ze luxury to let yourself in under 85% hp ? so to cast a fkin dot or malpractice? and if i have to spam healz in your opinion how to kill forz if even now as without nerfage doest do more then 2k average. to land a perc? haha whats that .. and to bla bla myself, as far as i know im still only doc that stayed alive to his latest setup .. some dueled some refused witch counts as emo scared to die that pee in bed

one ideea to offer to a doc a chance, since its a doc threat , is to increase recharge on percs only so after an alpha if youre still alive to have a chance to do some dmg. just an ideea so dont comment too much
    According to Means, noone is suppose to survive an Enforcer alpha.

dunno what pvp-cracks you got on rk1/2, but on rk3 it's pretty impossible to kill a good equipped enf, that keeps rage running.
    even soljas that perked nr2 or other **** is hardly killable even with AS, same goes for shades sometimes.

i wonder how fc wants to nerv as/heal without making docs useless in 1on1 pvp.
    i know that fc actually wants to make ao more team-pvp-based. but than there shouldn't be any option for 1on1s, 'cause ppl- who use it would just be f*cked up and annoyed.

just my 2 cent
    RK3
    Mythdoc 220/30/70 Doc -Equipp-
    Professional 220/23/70 Keeper
    Frozzen 220/27/70 Shade
    Gundulagause 218/22/60 Nano-Technician
    Rooksone 170/17/42 Soldier
    Schleifer 165/17/42 Martial-Artist
    Geneos 17/2/14 Agent

RK1
    Mssgarrison 150/17/35Fixer

There is always a way or another for us to be awesome.

We can be awesome meatshields if everything else f**s up
    Last edited by zelen; Sep 8th, 2009 at 23:57:34. Reason: Oh yeah forgot, I blame Canada!!!1one
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

lets hope they gonna pimp up DoTs a bit. a slightly higher dmg (either more dmg per tick or longer duration), no cast cap and lower resist would pretty much solve the upcoming problem
    /3 cents
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Enfs cant kill a doc that has lot of hp and knows how to survive those alphas....forz on his last setup has probably the best alpha vs docs i came across...he guaranteed he could alpha me in 5 mins with that setup and after 40 mins that didnt happen and we did /duel draw.....enfs can only kill a doc that knows what hes doing if the doc messes up and that can very easly happen since those duels last for hours.....its really easy to survive those alphas..not rocket science u just need to know how to do it and concentrate.
    Tho we cant kill a really good enf if he doesnt mess up badly....i have tried everything and nothing works....when i win is cause they mess up on something.

Advs, agents without PE, fix, keeper, MAs, Nts, Enfs and almost all crats cant kill a top pvp doc if the doc doesnt mess up

Engs, shades and solds can kill us but only if they are very good
    With the nerfs coming would be even harder to kill us and impossible for some so my honest opinion is...

we need a heal nerf! no point in whining....with the nerfs coming for alpha profs we would be god mode

But we need to get some love vs some profs like enfs traders or mps to make it balanced

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123