Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Green Cloaks Meeting

  1. #1

    Green Cloaks Meeting

    It's been too long since we've had one of these, so lets get together and see where we're all at.

    Green Cloaks Meeting*

    What: An out-of-character meeting for players active or interested in AO roleplaying. The meeting is open to all factions and level ranges.

    When: Saturday November 4th at 18:00 GMT

    Where: Reet's Retreat, in the fireplace room.

    A few starting points for discussion:

    If you have questions, suggestions or ideas please feel free to post here or PM me via the forums.

    * Actually wearing a green cloak is optional!
    Last edited by Hilfy; Nov 3rd, 2017 at 15:07:41. Reason: Adding a few points of discussion.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  2. #2
    NB for non-Europeans, DST ends in Europe on the 29th of October, and thus GMT will have moved back by an hour by the time of this meeting.

    If you're coming, make sure to check that you have the correct time!
    Last edited by Redtricks; Oct 4th, 2017 at 01:19:27.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

  3. #3
    Not quite true: GMT is always consistant, regardless of whether daylight saving time is in force in a particular country.

  4. #4
    You're correct in that sense. In another sense, my mind's screaming for that constant consistency as I'll readily admit DST changing at a different date for North America messes with my head, especially since after that one week it's back to business as usual.

    I may or may not have historically missed happenings due to this one week that is messed up from a wholly subjective point of view.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

  5. #5
    If I'm not riding I will try and make it Hilfy, maybe I can try and drag a Hibby along

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtricks View Post
    You're correct in that sense. In another sense, my mind's screaming for that constant consistency as I'll readily admit DST changing at a different date for North America messes with my head, especially since after that one week it's back to business as usual.

    I may or may not have historically missed happenings due to this one week that is messed up from a wholly subjective point of view.
    Oh agreed, I maintain that DST was invented as a prank to make people miss appointments twice a year.

  7. #7
    Isn't it just?

    And the joke's on me. I moved from Europe to North America. The DST spirits are going to be laughing somewhere when (not if) I miss an appointment thanks to the situation being inverse to the usual.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

  8. #8
    Added a few points for discussion so we have a starting point and some direction rather than just checking out the fireplace room again.

    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  9. #9
    If we have some time to spare, maybe we can revisit my earlier topic of "what can we do" as far as our agency with tools available to ordinary players.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zagadka- View Post
    If we have some time to spare, maybe we can revisit my earlier topic of "what can we do" as far as our agency with tools available to ordinary players.
    Done, putting that in as first point.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  11. #11

  12. #12
    A quick reminder...

    The Green Cloaks meeting is coming up this Saturday at 18:00 GMT. Half of us are out of daylight savings time while half are still on it, so expect much confusion.

    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  13. #13
    We had an awesome Green Cloaks Meeting today, thank you to all who came out. Following are a quick synopsis and then logs, broken down by agenda point so the forums let me post it.

    Meeting Synopsis:

    • More small, single-plot events, organized at a regular time.
      -> Taking suggestions for event ideas, will likely make it 3rd Saturday of every other month in the same month as GCM.
    • Make the Green Cloaks a bi-monthly event with an OOC RPers party afterwards. Next GC meeting would be January 6th, 2018 at 18:00 GMT.
      -> Need to check and organize this with GSP.
    • ARK Events team will figure out which events can be announced ahead of time and which ones will be kept secret.
    • ARK (Mmir) will contact FC about setting up a Newsbot NPC
    • We will re-start the Omni Board of Directors meetings, details TBD. (Try and bring the Omni RPers out of hiding. )
    • We will re-start the Newland City Council meetings, details TBD (Give Leil some more paper work.)
    Last edited by Hilfy; Nov 5th, 2017 at 00:53:33.

  14. #14
    Full Meeting Logs, Agenda Point 1 & 2:

    Hilfy: holds up a sign saying "GC October 2017 Meeting" start
    Hilfy: We have an Agenda, and I have no efficient way of organizing meetings so will see how this goes.
    Hilfy: Point 1 & 2:
    Hilfy: First point we have is Zagadka's "What can we do" thread. It's been on the forums for a while, and is the main reason we're having this meeting today. The 2nd point of player engagement is in-part related to this.
    Hilfy: So, Zagadka. All you now!
    Hilfy: smiles
    Zagadka: Oh, hm
    Hilfy: makes note to maybe warn someone before dropping the first part of a meeting in their lap
    Zagadka: Well, this is something we've been working with since year 1... my first event was the Tir River Cleanup swim... this was before ARK Events was established IIRC
    Zagadka: Since then we've been trying to work around the game system to find ways to engage
    Zagadka: Way back when we could use PvP for that... otherwise city raids, other elements to get players to interact with RP
    Swiftwing: The river does still look nice...
    Zagadka: Unfortunately, we're somewhat limited in that. Most I was able to do was things like Clan Day.
    Zagadka: PvP is pretty out of the question now. But we have to follow game rules - which is where ARK works, though there are limits to what even they can do, as I understand
    Feynrose: nods
    Rainys: nods.
    Zagadka: The thread is more of looking for suggestions, because I'm really out of ideas that don't require using RP imagination and pretend rules
    Feynrose: In some ways we're more limited than players.
    Zagadka: Yea, doing anything "official" or harming players is pretty out of the question
    Zagadka: Anyway, that is where we need to brainstorm. Hopefully what we talk about today can continue on the forum... but we have reaction things like the hacking storyline going through CoT right now
    Zagadka: That just takes a lot of organization
    Zagadka: So... I'm running out of ideas.
    Kittiefixie: raises er hand
    Zagadka: I'm done, go ahead
    Hilfy: Go ahead Kittie.
    Kittiefixie: What happened at the last CoT meeting? Did the information I sent you before help move stuff forward any?
    Zagadka: Last meeting was a little unexpected
    Hilfy: nods
    Leileena: Oh, good point, things happened but most of it is classified and thus not released as public minutes
    Zagadka: Several things came up
    Zagadka: I kinda relaxed what I redacted. Covered up some stuff but not all, just to keep people following
    Leileena: nods
    Kittiefixie: I managed to piece a bit together, but also had help from Fya
    Zagadka: It was a nice wrench in the system
    Kittiefixie: At least we have my brother back too, which is nice.
    Kittiefixie: I should be around more now. I was recently very sick
    Kittiefixie: If there's anything I can do I'd be happy to do so.
    Hilfy: Zagadka streatching or have something to add?
    Zagadka: Was going to talk about our ability to preserve an instance and warp/key people in. One of our best powers is beacon warp, frankly.
    Zagadka: The other big challenge is finding level-appropriate content
    Zagadka: Just listing out the walls we keep running into...
    Zagadka: And remind me to talk to you afterwards, Kittie
    Zagadka: Done
    Hilfy: raises a hand
    Hilfy: looks around
    Kittiefixie: Affirmative!
    Hilfy: Ok.
    Hilfy: To me RP was always based on the use of imagination to work within the boundaries of game constraints.
    Hilfy: There is much on Rubi-Ka that is not used, but could be utilized for RP.
    Zagadka: nods
    Hilfy: I think if we try and be creative enough, it would add a lot to the rp we can come up with.
    Hilfy: I still maintain that the main impetus for rp should falls to the players.
    Kittiefixie: We have all the hidden rooms in the cities!
    Hilfy: We can rp without sitting around waiting for someone to make sparkles or spawn mobs for us.
    Zagadka: And tons of NPC camps no one visits anymore
    Kittiefixie: Yeah
    Hilfy: Also, I do really appreciate Feynrose being willing to speak to me OOC at the last CoT meeting. It opened the possibility of getting more story bits for rp during and after the CoT meeting.
    Leileena: I, for one, like rhinos
    Hilfy: I've always leaned towards more ooc-open forms of RP where you can go "Hey, am I following this right and what would happen if my character attempted to do a scan reading of this or that?"
    Leileena: Oh yeah, that was really nice to have a bit of live feedback
    Zagadka: I see the limit in that we need to attract people to RP who want to have interactions... they aren't always willing to suspend belief, but we need to introduce people to our world
    Hilfy: nods
    Hilfy: Ok, done.
    Leileena: I'd second that
    Swiftwing: raises her hand
    Hilfy: Go ahead Swiftwing
    Leileena: I personally find RP more fun when it's somewhat hands-on gameplay wise. I prefer to smuggle an actual object in my inventory to emoting I have one for example
    Hilfy: Agreed.
    Zagadka: nods
    Hilfy: Will let Swiftwing speak, then back to Zagadka.
    Zagadka: shuts up
    Swiftwing: Thank you. This is kind of a new format for me, but I'm a roleplayer from way back. Created this character at launch and have held the torch ever since. People are changing, and not for the better. If we want to pull folks in we need to offer them some compelling reasons to step outside their boxes. We spoke about poetry night before the meeting started. Those events are great, but nobody has them anymore. We should at least plan a couple, get the word out, and see what happens. We can always ajust later to draw more in, but right now we don't even know if they are out there. Roleplayers that is
    Hilfy: nods
    Swiftwing: I'm not saying we need to establish rewards for attendance, but we need to learn what the players want.
    Hilfy: Aye, and this is in part moving into our second point on the agenda.
    Swiftwing: This meeting was well advertised I feel, and look for few showed up... I love all of you for being here, but we may well be alone...
    Swiftwing: Done
    Swiftwing: winks
    Leileena: Possibly our third point as well
    Hilfy: raises a hand
    Hilfy: Meep mee...ok goin.
    Hilfy: As sad as it is to admit, AO is an old game and the population is not what it was.
    Hilfy: For RPers as well as all the others aspects of the game. It's hard enough getting people together for anything so I think it's great we still managed to get his many people and ARK all in one room at the same time.
    Gimpyline: raises a hand
    Gimpyline: Often small plots are the best way to go. You can have a Rubi-Ka botanic classes. Yalm classes for advanced flyers. Pet a Leet day. Smaller events instead of storylines are often the way to go with less people than it was on the old days.
    Kittiefixie: I could make a lot of small eventls like Gimpyline suggests
    Leileena: nods
    Rainys: nods.
    Kittiefixie: I think time zones is a problem too
    Hilfy: nods
    Zagadka: Ugh
    Feynrose: raises a hand
    Swiftwing: nods
    Hilfy: In relation to small events, I had started that the fist year I was Clan Rep. I spent many events, allone with an alt after advertising on the forums for weeks.
    Hilfy: Even when we have small, one off events which players had long ago mentione wanting. We still run up a small RP community population that is split across many time zones.
    Hilfy: *run up against
    Zagadka: And sides...
    Hilfy: That too. Though I have been trying to poke Omni and Neutrals to get them invovled in stuff as the reps are mia. Clan RP gets borring with no other groups around.
    Zagadka: nods
    Hilfy: Ok, on to Feynrose.
    Kittiefixie: nods
    Feynrose: If you appreciate the OOC feedback, please do feel free to email us... since we're not always around, and time zones and all that...
    Gimpyline: Is anyone still around om Omni side? I havent seen anyone since I came back and all the old org channels I used to know is dead
    Kittiefixie: My 'brother' is technically on OT sde
    Leileena: I'm terrible at emails though :/
    Hilfy: Sometimes, you have no idea if that email reached everyone.
    Feynrose: So if you're planning an investigation for example, your DM can send us an email beforehand and we can let you know what you might find.
    Zagadka: I've been looking for Omni leadership for a while. Since we also looked for neuts with more success...
    Hilfy: *anyone not everyone
    Feynrose: I know we have issues with communication. That's one way we can help you navigate though our stories though
    Zagadka: I could write up a report and send it to ARK a week or two before a Council meeting, if that would help
    Feynrose: Zag sent an email to search CoT records
    Feynrose: And Kittie contacted Sirroco by emailing us for example.
    Kittiefixie: And got info about other stuff
    Feynrose: Yeah. You sent an OOC email too.
    Kittiefixie: Yes
    Feynrose: It's an easy, if slow - I know, way to communicate.
    Hilfy: E-mail for ARK had been updated on the forums, so at least we now have the right palce to message you.
    Feynrose: That way you can do your owen events inside our storylines without us being around to spawn things for you, like when you went to Wine after the Co#T
    Feynrose: Hehe. Good!
    Feynrose: I'm done.
    Hilfy: looks around
    Hilfy: Ok, anyone have more to add to the first agenda point?
    Gimpyline: What is the Ark email adress nowdays. Is it still that gmail adress?
    Gimpyline: ah ok
    Hilfy: Ok. I'll move us on to the next part then. An bear with me as I have a long spiel to start with.
    Last edited by Hilfy; Nov 4th, 2017 at 23:42:31.

  15. #15
    Full Meeting Logs, Agenda Point 3:

    Hilfy: smiles and holds up sign with "Point 3: Improving communication between casual and dedicated RPers."
    Hilfy: So, most of us communicate through the 4th wall forums, rp chat bots, Discord or Skype, but there are few of us on those.
    Hilfy: We do have the rp tags, and I've been chatting to people I see with =names=. So far I have found that there are many players who have no clue what the tags are for, what RP is or that there is rp in AO. They use the tags because they are pretty.
    Hilfy: There are also players who are casual RPers. They might occasionally rp, get involved on the fringes of a story line or small, social RP events but their main focus is on other parts of the game. Finally, I've come across the players who mainly rp and game with their own small, group of friends.
    Hilfy: Both of these player groups don't seem to actively seek out the major Story Line events, and rarely (aka possibly never) participate in the RP chat bots.
    Hilfy: So I think I can say there are more rpers out in AO than the small group we are actively part of...we just rarely cross paths.
    Leileena: nods
    Hilfy: Hence the issue that was brought up earlier, of better communication between all of us.
    Hilfy: Done.
    Kittiefixie: raises her hand
    Hilfy: Kittie, go ahead.
    Kittiefixie: I actually have a thing to say about this.
    Gimpyline: raises hand
    Gimpyline: When it comes to =name= I follow playboyfixers (if any of you remember him)rule. If they have = = I roleplay. If they dont like it, they can turn it off. As long as they have it. I consider them to be in carracter and anoy the hell out of them
    Hilfy: nods at Gimpie, and keeps waiting for Kittie to speak her turn.
    Kittiefixie: There are many players out there who aren't very good at RP but kind of want to do it but are very nervous and shy. I will occasionally just hang out and RP to myself in character and not rarely people will kind of just... tag along. And they often seem very happy to, even if they are never at RP events. Sometimes they are OOC in the beginning but when I stay IC they pick up on it really quickly.
    Swiftwing: nods
    Kittiefixie: I've had people thank me for it afterwards, and then actively seek me out when they see me around
    Kittiefixie: So that's a thing I tend to do when I have the time to
    Hilfy: nods
    Kittiefixie: And I find that rewarding too.
    Kittiefixie: Done
    Leileena: Yeah, I have similar experiences with my ToTW char
    Leileena: I RP him as a Reverend in ToTW and give out mini quests and stuff in character, a lot of people really like that, and it's kind of an unexpected place for RP too
    Kittiefixie: That's really cool
    Hilfy: Awesome.
    Leileena: (I also have cultist outfits if anyone wants to join ))
    Feynrose: Nice.
    Kittiefixie: Leileena: COUNT ME IN
    Hilfy: Awesome! I'm in.
    Hilfy: Most successful "RP" event I've run recently was going around OA in leet form asking people if they have a milkshake for my org mate. If they said no, we got them to join us in a leet parade looking for milkshakes. We had a pretty large group of leeted people by the time we hit Bore. They all told me they had fun. :P
    Swiftwing: That is real cool
    Kittiefixie: Hilfy: That sounds adorable
    Hilfy: Also...
    Hilfy: holds up her hand, "I have an idea I wanted to throw out quickly, this might be a good point to do it at."
    Hilfy: The idea is to make the Green Cloaks Meeting a bi-monthly event combined with an "OOC RPers party." We can have it with GSP, in the fireplace room after a short Green Cloaks meeting.
    Hilfy: Omni Pol used to have their monthly ooc party and it was great.
    Zagadka: nods
    Hilfy: It might help bring people together, and make the RPers more visible as a community. Give people a chance to get to know others ooc, and maybe feel more comfortable trying to rp with people they are somewhat more familiar with.
    Kittiefixie: It was!
    Leileena: That sounds great actually
    Hilfy: ...and done. Zagadka?
    Zagadka: Just wanted to comment that regular, scheduled meetings are always more effective.
    Hilfy: (I'll see what I can get organized with GSP in that case. )
    Zagadka: And GSP is a great tool to use
    Zagadka: Done
    Gimpyline: yes it is
    Kittiefixie: I would like having stuff every month, alternating with the CoT meetings. They will always have my primary loyalty
    Zagadka: nods
    Hilfy: Would a regularly organized day for RP help? Like, "On this day every month something RPish happens?"
    Kittiefixie: I think it might
    Hilfy: relation to small, one of events people can participate as Gumpie mentioned.
    Zagadka: I like that idea
    Hilfy: We could have people send in idead, and then we work through them as a group. Like we all can be cultists for one day and so on?
    Hilfy: *idas
    Hilfy: *ideas
    Hilfy: gives up on spelling
    Leileena: A cultist may take some prep, but I like the idea
    Kittiefixie: Spelling is overrated
    Zagadka: nods
    Hilfy: Well, best on the spot example I could come up with. :P
    Leileena: nods
    Gimpyline: Could be something like a dinner party in that area outside Neuters or something like that. Dont need to be anything big, Just a gathering
    Hilfy: Agreed,
    Mmir: smiles
    Feynrose: Hi Mmir
    Hilfy: Oh, hello Mmir.
    Kittiefixie: We had a potlucj once, that was nice
    Leileena: Maybe Solis can host an actual party
    Swiftwing: Hi Mmir
    Rainys: hi Boss
    Kittiefixie: Good evening, Mmir!
    Feynrose: Sorry Sy had to dash. But we found a replacement.
    Mmir: Hello, sorry I'm late
    Hilfy: I still thing that would be awesome, gives us a reason to wear those fancy princess dresses from Maria's Fashion.
    Leileena: Psh, I wear armour
    Hilfy: eyes Mmir "Are we safe? I have to admit I have an urge to run for cover seeing Mmir."
    Mmir: I left my trigger finger out of the room
    Rainys: eeh he is safe, like a puppy.
    Mmir: beams
    Kittiefixie: He has some sort of branch, it might be olive
    Hilfy: grins
    Hilfy: Any more additions to Point 3 for improving communication?
    Kittiefixie: If we die, blame me
    Mmir: Ah yes, it is
    Feynrose: raises a hand
    Hilfy: Go ahead Rose
    Feynrose: Obviously we have some issues with communication in ARK. So we really appreciate it when you guys share info with each other.
    Feynrose: So when you decided not to redact CoT minutes, that's really helpful for us.
    Feynrose: So thank you for that. I'll try to keep the summaries coming, but please do talk to eachother about what we're up to.
    Feynrose: Done.
    Hilfy: raises a hand
    Zagadka: raise a hand
    Hilfy: Ok, go ahead Zagadka and then I'll go.
    Zagadka: We used to also post unredacted minutes in a subforum for Council use, would give you access to that... forum doesn't exist anymore but I'll forward them to you via email
    Zagadka: Done
    Hilfy: nods
    Hilfy: In RUR, we rarely kept secret discussions and tended to leave the story bits out in the open for anyone to come across. Kittie and I have been trying to do the same with this hacking story so if anyone wants to jump in the story is there for them to work their toons into.
    Leileena: raises a hand
    Hilfy: Done. Go ahead Leil.
    Kittiefixie: raises hand for later
    Leileena: That is one of the things I noticed. By nature a lot of the events, and I suppose life on Ka in general, is all a bit cloak and dagger. It's good to find a balance between on one hand having that secrecy, and on the other hand always having a way for people to get involved.
    Leileena: I also thought maybe we could attempt to set up some things that won't turn secretive by nature, but I haven't really come up with anything myself yet.
    Leileena: Done.
    Hilfy: nods, "Go ahead Kittie."
    Kittiefixie: As a participant in the 'hacked' conversation that is happening on the forums, I too really hope that it being open will help other people keep track. And considering it's about hacking it feels like a natural thing that they would be subjected too so it felt pretty perfect as an idea.
    Hilfy: nods
    Kittiefixie: And it would be cool if people used it for information gatherings too. Hannah has no idea this is happening
    Kittiefixie: Maybe more like this can happen with 'secret' correspondance, at least about this thing?
    Kittiefixie: Done
    Hilfy: nods
    Kittiefixie: (That way things can be 'secret' but still public!)
    Hilfy: Anything else to add before we move on to the next points?
    Gimpyline: studys her nails
    Hilfy: chuckles
    Zagadka: Hm
    Hilfy: Ok, in that case I vote for a 5 min break. Stretch your legs, go fill up your coffee, water, scotch or what not.
    Zagadka: Maybe keep a record of major ongoing storylines
    Mmir: looks around for his digit
    Leileena: I believe there is such a record in the all in one thread
    Zagadka: nods
    Zagadka: With a better description to keep people up to speed at least
    Zagadka: ./break
    Kittiefixie: Okay, I will take a short break and be right back!
    Mmir: puts one of Kittiefixie's Antlers on the fire
    Mmir: Cold in here Brrr
    Mmir: heh!
    Gimpyline: Move closer to me and Leileena and you will feel heat
    Leileena: snuggles
    Mmir: I have one but I think it's a pvp one.
    Mmir: So I'll pass
    Leileena: I have 3, including the pvp one :P
    Mmir: nice heat!
    Hilfy: chuckles
    Hilfy: Good thing, my coffee was getting cold.
    Kittiefixie: I am returned!
    Feynrose: This is what happens when ARKs get bored.
    Feynrose: Everything is fire.
    Kittiefixie: Mmir, be nice!
    Hilfy: Ok, before Mmir kills us for the entertainment value of it. Lets move on!
    Zagadka: Nah, I remember Giant Skeleton Cosmik
    Last edited by Hilfy; Nov 4th, 2017 at 23:33:53.

  16. #16
    Full Meeting Logs, Agenda Point 4:

    Hilfy: holds up a sign saying "Point 4: Roleplay bots, and their use."
    Hilfy: This is a point that was brought up by Ragunn, in regards to the RP bots. It has now been in part solved when Tyndall very kindly set up an RKRoleOOC bot. The full use of what the com channel is, will forever be up for debate as some see it as typed or voice or at times both.
    Hilfy: Anyone have suggestions or ideas in relation to the bots?
    Hilfy: Done.
    Mmir: raises a hand
    Hilfy: Go ahead Mmir
    Leileena: I remember the nature of the channel being debated back in the ch42 days
    Mmir: Ah thank you, this relates to the last point really, just a brief thought
    Mmir: On Comms
    Mmir: Is there any scope for releasing news items to current and existing orgs do you think and is it even possible? As in asking orgs to disseminate to members? I know it leaves individuals out but it was just a though
    Leileena: raises a hand
    Hilfy: Go ahead Leil.
    Leileena: Most orgs I know are either too inactive for a top-down communication to work well, or not at all focussed on RP enough to even accept such messages given to the president.
    Mmir: nods
    Leileena: So I'm not sure it's feasable
    Leileena: Done.
    Hilfy: raises a hand
    Mmir: Thanks Leileena
    Leileena: Go ahead Hilfy :P
    Hilfy: I think it could be possible in The Red Brotherhood, as the president and a few members are quite open to RP. Not sure about many other non-RP orgs.
    Leileena: nods
    Mmir: nods
    Hilfy: considers loging in Doc to represent TRB here.
    Kittiefixie: raises hand
    Hilfy: Go ahead Kittie.
    Kittiefixie: When I use any 'open' channels like that I just tend to be very open in whether I use voice or text. I use both but will specify if it's voice messges or tect messages.
    Leileena: nods
    Mmir: raises a hand
    Hilfy: Mmir, after Kittie is done.
    Leileena: Troughout history it was never really established what open channels were, despite the question coming up every once in a while. Mostly winging it seemed to work for me.
    Kittiefixie: I assume that if I send a text message to someone wanting it spoken there are text to voice plugins even here in the future as well. But sometimes written messages work better, like when talking 'secretly' under a meeting.
    Hilfy: nods
    Kittiefixie: So that way people at least know how I use it from time to time
    Kittiefixie: Done
    Hilfy: Alrightly, Mmir, go ahead.
    Gimpyline: raises hand
    Gimpyline: oops
    Gimpyline: raises hand
    Hilfy: smiles at Gimpyline "Will get you after Mmir speaks."
    Mmir: I see an idea which might work but it would need FC to do it, ... an npc Newsbot stationed in Arete filled with such info taken from say a live feed website, just a thought, I think I might try and pursue the idea through Ark with FC if no-one objects?
    Hilfy: May I quickly add to that?
    Mmir: nods
    Hilfy: I had the idea of making a bot that disseminates RP information. Something like the recruitment bots or the Arete landing quest help bot. I can easily compile information. I tried making the bot and must admit I lack the technical knowledge to get it to do what I want it to. So if someone can get something like you are suggesting to work that would be awesome in my opinion.
    Hilfy: Done.
    Mmir: Okay, it's a workable solution to reaching everyone maybe, we just point folks to it sort of thing
    Mmir: Do we want to set up a working group on that?
    Gimpyline: sounds great
    Hilfy: Aye, sounds good.
    Hilfy: What would you need from us, Mmir?
    Mmir: If anyone sets it up I would be happy to join and do what I can
    Kittiefixie: Maybe it could also be awailable at ICC or some other place people can get to after leaving Arete too?
    Leileena: I'd sort of be interested in joining a working group on that, but I'm also somewhat in a lot of working groups at actual work, so I'm not sure I can participate.
    Mmir: I can ask Ark to promote it to FC as an idea, small outlay for a new twist perhaps
    Mmir: yes, ICC sounds good
    Hilfy: ICC may be a better spot.
    Mmir: It's in FC interests
    Mmir: done
    Hilfy: Thank you Mmir Gimpie, go ahead.
    Kittiefixie: I'd be willing to help with this if I can, on some non-technical part
    Gimpyline: When it comes to oocbot I think voice is fine. Might be harder when it comes to IC. I doubt that I. 50 year old 2x grandad can be a convincing 20 year or so Opi so I think IC text, ooc voice
    Gimpyline: done
    Leileena: Oh no the bots are all text based, it's just how they're precieve IC that's the question.
    Hilfy: Oh, it never occured to me to use actual voice chat. This was more in relation to when we're on RKrole, is it a channel our toon hear or read on.
    Gimpyline: ah. I guess I miss understood. I thoughtn it was a Discord chanel or something like that
    Hilfy: An ic discord channel may be in the future, we haven ooc one now. Personally I never liked RPing in voice chat.
    Gimpyline: same here
    Kittiefixie: I would not like IC voice chat
    Zagadka: Voice can be complicated
    Hilfy: So all the out-of-game chat things have always been text for us...unless were running a raid ooc and trying not to die.
    Leileena: We did an OOC skype thing every once in a while, that was fun
    Hilfy: nods
    Hilfy: Anything else in regards to chat bots?
    Kittiefixie: shakes her head
    Hilfy: Ok in that case...
    Last edited by Hilfy; Nov 4th, 2017 at 23:35:58.

  17. #17
    Full Meeting Logs, Agenda Point 5:

    Hilfy: holds up a sign with "Point 5: ARK Event Team's one-off social events."
    Mmir: ooh
    Hilfy: Rose started a thread listing the events ARK has been running. As usual, it lead to the "OMG Why didn't I know about it!" from a few players. So, I'll hand this one over to our friendly neighborhood ARKs.
    Mmir: looks at Rainys
    Rainys: looks at Mmir
    Swiftwing: smiles
    Feynrose: I'll go then!
    Hilfy: chuckles
    Mmir: grins
    Feynrose: So yeah. I wrote some summaries of what we've been up to here:
    Feynrose: We can't post to Editor News any more and the IRRK newswire is long gone, so I hoped it would let people keep up with current affairs and get ideas for joining in..
    Feynrose: But the main feedback has been that people don't know the events are happening in the first place...
    Feynrose: We'll be talking about it a lot internally, but I wanted to hear what your thoughts are on preannouncing events.
    Feynrose: To be clear...
    Feynrose: We do occasionally announce events ahead of time, but not often. We've traditionally felt it's not *usually* appropriate or doable.
    Hilfy: nods
    Feynrose: Would you like to see more preannouncement? Or would you rather stumble into events?
    Zagadka: raises his hand for after any other comments on that
    Kittiefixie: raises hand
    Feynrose: Done
    Hilfy: Go ahead Zagadka, then Kittie. And then me.
    Leileena: The thing about stumbling into events is that I never seem to do so.
    Zagadka: I'll go after you two, my comment is tangential
    Hilfy: Ok, Kittie.
    Swiftwing: (If I happen to nod off, please forgive me. I am making dinner)
    Gimpyline: raises hand
    Qlyck: giggles
    Hilfy: (Kittie, Me, Gimpie and Zagadka. Ok?)
    Mmir: raises his hand
    Hilfy: adds more names on sticky notes across the top of her monitor
    Kittiefixie: I love the idea of stumbling into things, but truth is it can be very difficult to actually do the stumbling. Things like alien attacks to cities? Definitely cool not to be warned about in before. Some events would probably do well to be advertised, even is supposed to be more 'spontaneous' IC or OCCly. Even if it might be something vague like "There will be an EVENT here at LOCATION at TIME', giving nothing away, but people who are curious can stumble into it there.
    Feynrose: nods
    Hilfy: nods
    Kittiefixie: Some things might be advertised more, and recurring events might also help people plan. AND! If there /are/ more planned or stumbable into events, holding more secret unadvertised ones would be less like missing out on what little there is
    Kittiefixie: Done
    Hilfy: Pretty much what I was going to say.
    Hilfy: So moving on, Gimpie, go ahead.
    Gimpyline: Problem is. How is RPers suposed to be involved in a story line iif it isn't anounced? You cant investigate if you dont know about it or just get half the story. Some anouncment would be nice
    Gimpyline: done
    Feynrose: nods
    Feynrose: If I can interject...
    Hilfy: Ok, quickly Rose then Zagadka.
    Feynrose: Thanks!
    Feynrose: Okay so the main storyline at the moment is very much happening based on player initiative. The hacking stuff, the CoT meetings, emails etc. If you have an idea what's going on from following the summaries or asking around, you can get involved...
    Feynrose: There are some flavour events around the edges where it doesn't matter if you were there or not, like the Omni raids on Old Athen and Wine, but those were impromptu really and hence weren't preannounced.
    Feynrose: But yes, it might have been better to pre announce them.
    Feynrose: Done.
    Kittiefixie: Heads-up: I need to leave in twenty minutes or so to have time to go to the store, just so you know.
    Hilfy: Ok, Zagadka?
    Zagadka: I'm going to kinda withdraw my question. It was about knowing if a Legacy character is available for organization (like Radiman for the current story), but I suppose that isn't practical to release to players like us.
    Hilfy: nods, "Ok, ty Kittie."
    Zagadka: So that's it
    Hilfy: Alright, go ahead Mmir then.
    Hilfy: ...and sorry but I need to quickly afk...ferrets are being creative.
    Mmir: Okay, Zagadka, can I refer you to Rainys for your question?
    Mmir: ..
    Mmir: I very much love the way folks are thinking here, we are all thinking along the same lines. I must admit I like the idea of announcing some Events, I think it's a balance, some we could because they are going to be a lot of fun, some we would'nt because that might lead to being a sort of spoiler so I think working out which type of Event for example, could be announced before it happens, would be an excellent step. I'm all for player immersion but the players do really need to know when to be and where so to speak. This newsbot idea keeps popping up into my head and it would be good for this too, I really want to explore this with FC and if not possible, then to do something ourselves to make it happen. Just my thoughts. We are lucky we currently have some very exciting Arks active in Events at the moment, I'm excited for the future to be honest.
    Mmir: ..
    Hilfy: nods
    Mmir: The Alien raid events will always be random. Fun to be a part of, fun to find some loot and maybe aixp. We do have fun events which are clearly in the area of we could promote before, take for example, Partypopper advertising parties.
    Mmir: It shows they work. Ark Events are planning a meeting to try and define what events we can pre-advertise so to speak.
    Mmir: done
    Kittiefixie: Sounds great!
    Hilfy: raises a hand
    Hilfy: I believe we talked about making the GC meeting a bi-monthly event with a GSP party afterwards, just thought you could always send Partypopper out for it if ARK wants/can.
    Hilfy: Done.
    Mmir: Oh how lovely!
    Hilfy: looks around
    Hilfy: Do we still have Rainys to address Zagadka's question? Or was that passed?
    Zagadka: Doing that in PM
    Rainys: yeah i had to poke him in a tell, as i was unclear of what he ment
    Hilfy: Alright, anything else from anyone then?
    Hilfy: nods
    Zagadka: raises his hand
    Hilfy: Go ahead.
    Zagadka: Er, in general or on that topic?
    Hilfy: Anything!
    Mmir: I'll pursue the Newsbot idea with Ark and FC
    Hilfy: Or ok, go ahead Zagadka. Then anything.
    Zagadka: Sigh, I was going to comment on how we need to kick start Omni groups, but that kinda falls under the umbrella of getting news out. But maybe we could duplicate the CoT thing of regular meetings and hope people show?
    Hilfy: Actually, yeah. I have started a small RP Omni org and have been poking about. Would love to see the BoD active again.
    Leileena: Hmm, possibly. The Newland City Council was I think what got me into the RP scene all those years ago. It's quite hard to get faction meetings going though
    Hilfy: Other than Gimpie, I have seen one regular RP-org name pop up.
    Hilfy: Would we be willing to start those up, even with the knowlege that it's likely to be nothing more than maybe three of us and ine ark for a year before something happens?
    Gimpyline: I would love to get back into BoD again
    Kittiefixie: I have two OT characters. One of which I hate and just want to see suffer terribly, but neither has a group
    Zagadka: Don't think I have a spare Omni left, but I can roll one. A new character sounds fun.
    Leileena: I have a bunch of low ranking scrubs, nothing that suitable for the BoD meeting. Maybe if I get Deredo his rank so he can actually follow orders..
    Swiftwing: (All these years and I have never created an OT character)
    Feynrose: raises a hand
    Leileena: I'd be up for it whenever I can, but I can't really guarantee much
    Hilfy: I have been plotting a stupid, RUR quality idea that could be turned into something.
    Gimpyline: hehe
    Hilfy: Go ahead Rose.
    Gimpyline: I miss RUR rp
    Kittiefixie: I feel people are too kind, most often. I'd like some true unkind horror occasionally... but that's a topic for another day.
    Feynrose: Storyline-wise I'm very aware that we've focussed on the Clans recently...
    Zagadka: (attack of the mutants!)
    Gimpyline: Those damn Leetbots are still stuck in the schredder
    Feynrose: I don't want you guys thinking that's because we're all clanners though!
    Leileena: is entirely too kind for horror
    Hilfy: RP used to be all Omni focused, especially Omni-Pol.
    Feynrose: It's just because we're reacting to initiative and that's come from clan players.
    Gimpyline: I dont have any clan carraqcter
    Hilfy: When I first came back, people were complaining about the lack of Clan rper, hence Hilfy's clan.
    Leileena: Yeah, it sort of shifted over time
    Feynrose: There's also a minor issue of not finding any Omni players in Omni cities. They're all in ICC or Bor these days...
    Gimpyline: I remember a few years ago the problem was oppesite. No clanners around
    Feynrose: So if you do set up any Omni or Neutral things like meetings and whatnot. Do let us know and we'll do our best to support it.
    Rainys: nods
    Mmir: raises a hand
    Feynrose: Don't wait for us!
    Hilfy: Go ahead Mmir.
    Feynrose: Done.
    Mmir: The more we know the more we can serve ...
    Leileena: I've not seen my colleague ministers in ages
    Mmir: I have an Omni in a cupboard in my office. I also have a Clanner in a cupboard next to that one, oh, I also have a Neut I found in the Desert in another cupboard. I'm working on some recipe at the moment which I hope will combine all three into a new monster for EVENTS! Wish me luck
    Mmir: done
    Hilfy: blinks
    Rainys: The cupboard of corpses... *mutters*
    Hilfy: Good luck!
    Mmir: Thank you!
    Hilfy: least he said monster and not dinner?
    Mmir: I don't eat people
    Kittiefixie: Okay, I need to go in five minutes! If you're not done by then, please email me log and time for next meeting!
    Hilfy: nods
    Rainys: glances over at Mmir and mouths the word "Lies"
    Hilfy: If no one minds, I'll post the logs on the 4th Wall meeting thread.
    Leileena: Sure!
    Kittiefixie: No objections from me!
    Mmir: nods
    Hilfy: Awesome. In that case, I think we are done for this meeting.
    Last edited by Hilfy; Nov 4th, 2017 at 23:37:28.

  18. #18
    Next Green Cloaks Meeting!

    When: Saturday January 6th at 18:00 GMT, with a GSP party afterwards at 19:00 GMT.

    Where: Reet's Retreat, in the fireplace room.

    Last edited by Hilfy; Dec 24th, 2017 at 18:50:25.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

  19. #19
    January 2018 GCM:

    Agenda points:

    Logs Pt. 1/2:
    Agenda point 1:
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I'll start off letting Zagadka go over potential ways to lock the CoT meetings or move their location.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Ah
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: points at Zagadka "...and, go!"
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Yea, we were discussing it on Discord, just throwing around the idea. The Tower is kinda hard to work with, security-wise
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: I know that isn't reliable for ARK to lock down, and even then it is kinda iffy
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: We're currently just going to ask people inside to go outside and check in with Kittie before entering
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: What we were discussing was locking the meetings. This would require some code from FC, so not likely in the tower
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: But what we used to do in private guild meetings was use a backyard or mission to dupe keys to and control enrty that way
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: We were then talking about where we could go, and reasons we would vacate the Tower, since it has been our base since forever
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Done
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: raises a hand
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead, Rose.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: So from our side there's a couple of things we can do to help...
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: raises hand
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: We can lock the inner door during the meeting if there is an Events Coordinator online.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: So for example, Kittie can emote locking it and we'll actually lock it and broadcast a playfield message
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: There is something else that you might have fiugured out but I'm very reluctant to do...
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: The panel outside the tower actually teleports you to an uninstanced version of the tower if you have a keycard item
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: The problem is you can't get back out.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: laughs
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: So I don't want to give out the keys and risk people getting stuck in the tower.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: chuckles. "That itself has some interesting RP potential."
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Done, by the way. Sorry
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Ok, Gimpie?
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: I'm a bit out of the loop since i dont play clan. Are you over run by greefers? If security is a problem i'm sure Omni-Tek could send a few troops top secure the area
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: done
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: We haven't had greefers, maybe Zagadka can fill in the details. I wasn't on Discord lately.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: I don't think we have a problem with that, no. It would mostly be a RP requirement, so all of this isn't *vital* to function... just that we have had a bunch of "secret" topics lately
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: ah ok
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: So it wouldn't be too hard to just roleplay the permissions. It was just something we were discussing.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: The moving out of hte Tower thing was a storyline we were floating. Dunno how that would play out, though, since we have a couple of stories going already
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Done
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: That could be something to look into once we know who the new CoT Speaker is.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: It would also be contingent on getting more attendance, so...
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: nods
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Any other questions or additions to this?
    [Vicinity] Leileena: none here
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: In that case I will move on to the next totaly secret agenda point...mainly as I forgot to post it.

    Agenda point 2:
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Point 2: Mmir, is not here but maybe someone else knows. Any progress on Mmir's NPC Newsbot in ICC?
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: raises hand
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead Sy.
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: Nothing yet. I am trying to get in touch with someone who knows a lot more about Budabot configuration than I do (or the admin or AQuest). So far I haven't had any luck on that front.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: nods, "Ok. So we can leave that till next meeting and see what develps over another two months.
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: We're not likely to get an NPC coded into the game, unfortunately, but a chatbot that broadcast in the 3 OOC channels would be the next best thing and we could get updates to it frequestly with both player and ARK admins
    [Vicinity] Leileena: You could try Lucier. I don't know if he has time but he runs some pretty custom budabots
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: I will do so. Thanks
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: I'm all done with that update, but I will keep you posted on progress.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Awesome. The bot idea seems like a simpler and more accessible solution.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: nods
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Any other additions?
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: raises hand
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead, Gimpie.
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: What about talking to vhab. He made the vhab bot. I'¨m sure he could be helpful. I have seen him in the forum from time to time
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: He also was a developer, so he knows a few things about the game
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: I haven't seen Vhab since the switch from IRC to Discord, but if I can get in touch with him that would work too
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: done
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: nods
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I guess Sy can let us know what develops.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: If there are no more suggestions, I'll move on.

  20. #20
    Logs Pt. 2/2:

    Agenda point 3:
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Point 3: Stand alone RP events. We've had one with a rescue, and an art auction is coming up. ( on forums.)
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Everyone is free to pitch in ideas, I'd love to see what others start up as mini-events.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: raises a hand
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead, Z.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: One thing I thought we could do, really simply, is hold protests or arguments regarding the Omega as standalone spontaneous things
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Just rub the ideas into people's faces, basically
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Done
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Maybe post in the forums when that "spontaneous" event will take place?
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Razi would love to stand in ICC and scream at some Omnis
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: have to get another painkiller. brb
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: nods
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Consider this my poke for people to get their ideas and events posted to the forums. ARK is welcome to throw things out there too for stand alone events if someone has an idea they'd like to add and can advertise ahead of time.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Going to move on again, and it's b ack to Zagadka.
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: back

    Agenda point 4:
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Z was looking to brainstom what we could do if FC starts us all on a new server. No idea what FC is planning, but I guess ideas don't hurt. Suggestions?
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: wb Gimpi
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: (Going back a bit, it would be helpful if we had a few pieces of information about the Omega to argue about)
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Oh, right, the server thing...
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Worries me a great deal. I know it is a very speculative thing, but I wanted to hear what people felt on how we would deal with a split... all go to one server, or try to run two parallel, or leave the two independent of each other (complicated)
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Done
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: raises hand
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead Gimpi.
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: Realy bad idea. The population is alreadty low. Spreading it on several servers would be a disaster
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: done
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: nods
    [Vicinity] Leileena: Nothing is really known about it at this point but I suspect if there'd be a new server it would be a challenge server like AoC got or some other novelty feature. I highly doubt it'll be a second regular server
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: raises a hand
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Yea, the concept is speculative. Just wanted to get an idea of where we would concentrate. Maybe come back to this when we know something.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead Fey.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: I think since no-one really knows anything about it we'll have to cross that bridge whe- if we ever come to it...
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: nods, "So moving agenda point over five years for FC action time."
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: It could also be a vanilla AO server where we could reset the storyline... who knows?
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Done
    [Vicinity] Leileena: nods
    [Vicinity] Leileena: If it has a RP purpose I guess we'll be RPing there, but if it doesn't really have it's own thing I don't really see the need to split up the community.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I think the RP community is much too small to split up. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: if it means reseting our toons it would be bven worse. People that have been building up their carracters over years have to start over. I dont know about others, but i doubt i would ever bring my paid account online again
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Agreed. I'm good at never running Neretva Canyon again.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Anything else for today? General comments, ideas etc?
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: raises a hand
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go Z.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Two quick things...
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: or 100 beast raids to get the buffing equipment
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: First... I've been meaning to have a meeting with Hilfy to contact ICC about Omega. So that should be incoming for ARK before the CoT meeting. Pourais already replied, thanks
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Second, I've talked with Khuri at AO-U about doing RP news reports, since there isn't much going on
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Right now I"m thinking about a bi-monthly update (after Greencloack meetings) to cover everything that has happened. He offered to give me rights to post news, but I think I'll just write a bulletin for them
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: DOne
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Awesome.

    Misc extra points:
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: That also reminds me, I started updating the Wiki to try and get more RPish info on there. If anyone else could peek at it to check over and add in information that would be great.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: I've been meaning to add some things
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I haven't figured out how to get a good organization going for RP related information. If anyone had ideas please go poke it.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Need to go back over the timeline from the old AO site
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Oh, also, thanks for the clan overviews on hte forums. I'm going to copy them over to the CoT site, that OK?
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Of course it's fine.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Oh, and someone poke Jacobi to get him to write his CoT Speaker comment.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: grins
    [Vicinity] Sywyyn: grins
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: ...we might have to organize a cigar shipment raid to get his attention. Hold them hostage.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Final thing I have... does anyone know anything about reviving Omni RP? I've been keeping feelers out for a while, very few bites. Frustrating.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: check the time, "Six minutes to get your last comments in before Gemi gets to take over with music!"
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: To be honest i was cheering for Omega during the war. Pourais... worst learder ever
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: We could see if there is some Omni reply to the Omega story arc?
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Pourais replied to Razi's rant, so there's something to work with
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Well, more of a player base reply.
    [Vicinity] Leileena: None of my omni chars really have enough autonomy to have an oppinion on the matter
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Ah... if they are even aware of it happening...
    [Vicinity] Leileena: They're very omni like that
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: For new players comming in, does anyone even know AO has a back story and LTCs?
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: raises a hand
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Only if they read 4th Wall, unfortunately
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I think that brings us back to somehow making a bot and letting people know.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Go ahead Rose.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: I've said before I'm very aware things are clan-centred at the moment...
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: And even so, we're stretched quite thin in ARK...
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: So personally I don't want to rush into doing any exclusively Omni stuff. I'd rather work more collaboratively with you guys.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: So if you want to set something up, let us know and we'll figure out how best to support it.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Whatever it might be.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Done
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Oh. That said, we are thinking of ways to help...
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Totaly my personal opinion, but I still think RP should be mainly a player initiated thing and not something you wait on ARK for. I love that you guys support the random ideas that we come up with. What we are missing atm is active Omni players that do more than level and wait for someone else to start an RP event.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: nods
    [Vicinity] Ophyr: nods
    [Vicinity] Leileena: that's.. one way to greencloak I guess
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: waves to the tree
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Hello Dharzee!
    [Vicinity] Dharzee: waves
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: nods
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: After I got back I noticed one thing. whats this thing about the new ICC? from the moment I got back I have the feeling they are running Rubi-Ka now. They are supposed to be just a few byrocrats sitting on their hands making meanless decissions
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: sorry about typos. One hand typing
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: The war has kinda settled down, yea
    [Vicinity] Leileena: Yeah, they got a more prominent role with the whole NPE thing
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I think most players view ICC as the Neutral faction now.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Not so much "Anarchy" as "Order"
    [Vicinity] Leileena: I guess it makes some sense after the Bahirae thing and ICC's takeover of Borealis for them to try to get more foothold
    [Vicinity] Leileena: And yes, ICC being viewed as neutral has always been a bit of a problem
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Even endgame... Brink missions, raids, etc are more neutral
    [Vicinity] Leileena: I say we give more power to Newland to counteract the idea of ICC being a neutral government
    [Vicinity] Leileena: hides
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: Omni-Tek have no balls anymore. IO miss Zora
    [Vicinity] Leileena: dunno, he was a bit of a loon, like Silverstone grade loon
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Loons can be entertaining
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: From a game mechanics perspective, with a smaller population having neutral end game makes sence. Less waiting for a team from your own faction. Stiry wise, we can have Leil take over NLC.
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Sounds like you're looking for a trip to Reform.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: nods
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: hehe
    [Vicinity] Leileena: You will never take me, I have diplomatic imunity!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: chuckles
    [Vicinity] Leileena: I really want to take over Newland Desert though
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Hi Mmir.
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: Eva have turned clan lover, so I dont think reform is a problem anymore
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: And hello Mmir! Just in time for the party!
    [Vicinity] Mmir: Hello everyone
    [Vicinity] Leileena: It'll be easy, just replace a few guards in meetmedere
    [Vicinity] Gemmikins: Hi Mmir, hello all.
    [Vicinity] Mmir: Sorry I'm late
    [Vicinity] Ophyr: hi mmir
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Gemi already has some nice, mellow music going for us.
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Maybe we can make a story wedge between Clan, OT, and ICC over outside threats (including Omega0
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: Well don't forget she may have shook Montezuma's hand, but have you seen Ruth since then?
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I think the Omega story line has great potential for a tree-way conflict.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: *three
    [Vicinity] Leileena: The downside of the whole Omega thing is that I don't think a lot of players know what Omega are and why they matter
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: I blame that typo on Dharzee.
    [Vicinity] Dharzee: Indeed. #BlameDharzee
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: True, and with the SL story line most people are just "LOL! I soloed your CEO for loot. LOL"
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Maybe get FC to push the Prophet PDF some
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Or a condensed version
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: That backpack is phat.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Or we can push it ourselves. I can go poke Ty after this meeting and have him pin the PDF in Discord or something.
    [Vicinity] Dharzee: Sorry, I gotta bug out. Sister made it into town. Ciao all
    [Vicinity] Leileena: Still, even I will have to re-read it to get a proper grasp on it since it's been like a decade
    [Vicinity] Leileena: adios!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Take care!
    [Vicinity] Feynrose: See you later!
    [Vicinity] Gemmikins: See you Dharzee!
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Later
    [Vicinity] Gimpyline: see you
    [Vicinity] Dharzee: sets GSP player to record the show
    [Vicinity] Zagadka: Condensed version may be the way to go
    [Vicinity] Leileena: And tbh I don't have time to re-read books just to play a game :P
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Alrighty. Then on that note I say we conclude the meeting and get to dancing. Can still talk while dancing too.

    A dance party with Gemi and many green sparkles followed!
    Last edited by Hilfy; Jan 6th, 2018 at 20:53:05. Reason: adding logs
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

    AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts