Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Testlive post merge - noticed stuff.

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=599122

Necro it! It's the perfect time ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Necro is bad, mmmk.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i recall someone mention that numerically, rk1 is 1 rk2 is 2 dnw is 3, testlive is 9 and the new server will be 4.
    RK42, because ... Well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Some might find this abit of a stretch, but...

And Plato first wrote about exploring Atlantis in his work Timaeus.

So that's what gets my vote.
    Your post actually makes sense, please refrain from posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Damn, my super brilliant naming idea wasn't exactly new.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jan 26th, 2013 at 21:56:36.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    Sadly Vhab is taking his ball and going home to Europe. I guess he is allowed to troll again now.
    No he's not.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Damn, my super brilliant naming idea wasn't exactly new.
    Hello.

Also, new sig from Vhab!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Not sure where to post this question ...

What will the server name be for the new server post 18.6 ... for purposes of testing our org-chat bots for post migration?

I noticed that on Extended info for any given toon they have a Server ID ... 30xx for RK1, 31xx for RK2 and 39xx for TL.

Do we know what the number is for the new server? Or, do chatbots use a different piece of information to tell which server they are on?

Can chatbots be modified in advance to accept the first two digits of this Server ID field to define the server? We all could just check it post-merge and configure our chatbots after we move our chat-toon over to the new server.

Just a thought. Obviously I do not know how chatbots work, all I do is click on the short-cut to start it up.

Kinnik
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Given there will be only one, it should just be called Rubi-Ka
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Bots just connect directly to the chat server through a different port depending on which dimension they're supposed to be on. The simplest way to handle the merge is to just forward both ports to the new one.

This bring up another question, though - will we have to log in to bot accounts manually to activate them on the new server?

EDIT. I just pinged each of the chat servers. RK1 and TL resolve to the same host. RK2 is run from the next IP up, which surprised me, actually.
    I see I activated the "name the new server" contest by mistake, sorry.

I was actually hoping to find out the server ID for chatbot purposes, not the name we all call it. I thought that way chatbots could be modified in advance to accomodate a smoother transition. MajorOutage I am afraid your comments went over my head, sorry.

Hint hint ... to whoever codes for the chatbot programs ...

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    No he's not.
    Well maybe he can fire up Drama on Atlantean again.

Anyone else notice that this forum does not track views like the other forums? Views are always one more than replies ... so it is only counting people who post/reply as viewing the thread, no others.

Kinnik

Anyone else notice that this forum does not track views like the other forums? Views are always one more than replies ... so it is only counting people who post/reply as viewing the thread, no others.

Kinnik
    The rest of the AO forums are doing that lately as well, and it was reported here

I was actually hoping to find out the server ID for chatbot purposes, not the name we all call it. I thought that way chatbots could be modified in advance to accomodate a smoother transition. MajorOutage I am afraid your comments went over my head, sorry.
    There's nothing that needs changing ahead of time. The existing addresses can be easily redirected to the new server by FC.
    Because Race Yalm

I noticed that the tiny social buildings ... trees, lamp posts, benches, etc. can not be built on those perimeter boxes around the edge of your buildings anymore.

For example, current cities that placed trees or lamp posts all around their HQ's will not be able to for the TL cities ... is this intentional?

Kinnik

Kinnik
    I did not notice but yes, you should send an email or a bug report.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Not sure if this will get attention, but on testserver selling items from backpacks seems to be disabled or no longer works. You can still equip items from backpacks, delete items from backpacks, and use items from backpacks but not sell. It just makes an extra step of moving item to inventory then sell terminal.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I noticed that the tiny social buildings ... trees, lamp posts, benches, etc. can not be built on those perimeter boxes around the edge of your buildings anymore.

For example, current cities that placed trees or lamp posts all around their HQ's will not be able to for the TL cities ... is this intentional?

Kinnik
    With the latest patch trees, statues, etc that are the 1x1 small size can be placed at corners, etc. around each building block. These small spots are blue instead of grey when you have the CC window open for building.

Kinnik

When the merge happens will you trust that the forum sidebar will display your name and stop signing off every post?

+ yay for trees

Belp

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

The small city also has four new spots to build small social items and wampas as well as being able to plant trees/lamp-posts at the corners. No new 5x5 or 10x10 building spots though ...

Second ... the large city plot has area's around the edges of the playfield where you can fall/run over an edge and not be able to get back up. Stuck does not work in the spot I fell in, nor did re-logging and I could not open the bag I had beacon in, so had to self terminate to get out of the hole. I posted bug report also ...

Lots of additional features, items, dead aliens, etc. of varying sizes/amounts in both cities ...

Kinnik

It's "whompa".
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's "whompa".
    Sometimes it's whompah, sometimes it's whom-pah.

I sense a nemesis plot !
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Sometimes it's whompah, sometimes it's whom-pah.

I sense a nemesis plot !
    Indeed. But in either case it is with only one a
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's "whompa".
    It's "it's 'whompa.' "
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast