Thread: Please put the nanos/items into the existing gameplay

Please put the nanos/items into the existing gameplay

People don't do rk-missions and things so the nano-repetoir doesn't get produced, which makes players miss out. Please add team-dailies or summat, or add more of the AO loot where players currently are playing the game.

Spread more lootstuffz around!
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

What do you mean exactly ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Are you asking for easier access to nanos, grafts, etc because you don't want to blitz stuff ?
    What's wrong with the way it is now ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Instead of making the old content completely obsolete, why don't you guys suggest making it viable leveling content again?

Just bumping up the XP from RK mobs (including both outside and mission mobs) and the mission rewards would almost automatically fix the issue with nanos and other RK stuff. It would also give variety to the leveling grind, which is exactly what is needed. The RK mission system is brilliant. It just needs a few fixes, like the abovementioned XP raise and integrating Clicksaverlike function to the game.

It might be too far from the original idea to let you choose exactly what item should come as reward, but instead of what it is now, it could be made so that you select the item type of rewards, ie: Implants, Clusters, Armor, Weapons etc.

Atleast the XP fix would be damn easy to do, and while they're at it, they should fix the SL mission rewards too, but thats a discussion for another thread.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Instead of making the old content completely obsolete, why don't you guys suggest making it viable leveling content again?
    because normal people would rather get hit by a bus than do rk mishes to level

that said, i think this idea is stupid. debump. i'd much rather pay the sadomasochists that enjoy rk content than see that area of the market demolished.

Thats the idea, to make AO a more cohesive experience.

The thing is, previously...as you leveled you got lewt. Lots of loot. You got experience, credits and A TON OF LOOT.

Also, the main content in AO is the professions (which is just an empty shell without nanos), the char-customation and the repetoir...but players don't get to enjoy it because the leveling-trends have changed. Therefore, the loot should get converted instead of being out of production as is the situation now.

I dare claim people that post against this idea only are hoarding.

People level now without getting any gear and nobody in 2012 will do rk-missions. Obviously.

Between level 70-170, most of the players are in med-suit without nanorepetoir. It would be a much better game for everyone if those had lotsa nanos, weapons, armorsets and stuffz from both SL and RK. So, giev!

Except phats that you get from quests, tara and raids of course.

Just bumping up the XP from RK mobs (including both outside and mission mobs) and the mission rewards would almost automatically fix the issue with nanos and other RK stuff.
    My suggestion would be team-dailies and having lots of loot consentrated there. Which is the norm in rk-missions. At higher levels they can add more LoX-ncu's, QL 300 imps, stims, battleprepared stuffz and clusters etc.

Bossfights similar to the dreadlochs would be something diferent from the usual encounter we always play in inf/rk-missions. I hope the leveling gets more varied and playfield-orientated cause sl and rk-missions is just 1 (one) dungeon repatched and played over and over and over again.

It would also give variety to the leveling grind, which is exactly what is needed.
    Yep!

They should change it from how it is now, replace it with team-dailies within a appropiate playfield (Ely, Ado, Pen f.x) and upgrade the lootable/rewarding significantly (so it's proportionatly on par with the old days where you got most of what you needed in the leveling missions everyone did, mercs and tarasque-stuffz was some of the things you didn't get) so new players also get to experience AO in it's full monthy.

More loot in one team-encounter (except uberphatz) as was the original layout.

I think new players also should get to experience their profession to it's full potentional as they level. As it is now it is becoming hardcore's and veterans-online due to the dev's just patching in stuff without concern of how it affects the game when stuffz gets abandonded. They really should do loot-convertions and implement their new content with more concern for creating a cohesive gaming-experience for everyone.

Imo, clicksaver and blitzing is an unintended way to get the loot that I am talking about. You are supposed to get it in a team as you level. YES ALL OF IT!

k,thx

It might be too far from the original idea to let you choose exactly what item should come as reward, but instead of what it is now, it could be made so that you select the item type of rewards, ie: Implants, Clusters, Armor, Weapons etc.
    Just drown us with the RK/SL-stuffz AO has to offer and start selling additional banks in itemshop

It's enough rare's, raidstuff and quest-stuffz for creating playergaps so this will have little impact regarding that. Just more enjoynment for everyone and people get a ton of loot as they level again.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:37:02.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Between level 70-170, most of the players are in med-suit without nanorepetoir.
    I thought you were talking about Dailies ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

the players in a medsuit from 70-170 are like that as a conscious choice and not because they don't know where to get loot. my sold didn't even have rrfe uploaded before late tl5 because i didnt want to spend money on symbs until i got my ado brain quest done. no amount of loot dropping in dailies would have convinced me to gear my sold before 170. debump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i'd much rather pay the sadomasochists that enjoy rk content than see that area of the market demolished.
    Freeplayers could join these missions.

There is also rk-dynas!

My main point or suggestion is that the reward/item-database the leveling in AO produces into the gameworld should be more consistent and comparable with the times when rk-missions was the way to level. You got most of whatt AO had to offer in itemization through team-leveling.

Now, it's even more items in the database since that time (and a smaller playergroup) so the leveling-process of 2day should produce even more items, not just the entire rk-missiontable, but more of SL too. Makes perfect sense.

The problem is spreading of content, which results in dead game for those who wanna play, (we not gonna level 10 levels and blitz, level 10 level more and blitz/grind common stuffz just to enjoy the repetoir when the intention is diferent, barring raidloot/quests) ost/kite for those with access and medsuit-setups. Less fun and more people give up.

This would help prices lower themselfs too.

b4, AI-raids was the only way to get AXP and the encounter pretty much produced the entire AI-lootable. So everytime someone AXP'd they also produced weapons and bots into the world.

With dailies + le-missions/arid and kite/ost they only get levels and not a single usefull item gets produced...which makes everyone gearless and in demand of the loot, which causes massive inflation and lack of items.

Thats bad cause AO has 10 year of data.

The twinking and complexity is where AO stands out so I hope they convert loot into the existisk gameplay. It's better with a cohesive gaming-experience (based on SL/RK/AI) than to play 'several seperate grinds'.

the players in a medsuit from 70-170 are like that as a conscious choice and not because they don't know where to get loot.
    They are like that cause the current leveling doesn't produce any loot, thank you.

The previous leveling (both solo and team) did.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:54:42.

no they're like that because it's cheaper and faster to level without having to gear up. if i can complete pvm content in a medsuit, what incentive do i have to gear a toon? to complete it marginally faster? i can do that later whne the toon hits intended level.

no they're like that because it's cheaper and faster to level without having to gear up.
    It wasn't tho, it was cheaper and faster to level AND obtain nanos/loot at the same time.

People will get to buy levels anyway, so it doesn't matter.

It's not about you and me, it's about new players coming in and the game-experience. To fill the market w loot. We didn't work for our stuffz, we merely lft'd when the content was played. We shouldn't expect anything else from others.

People still level and make toons tho, so...giev!!!

Yes yes, not everone will stop to twink and learn...I know, but at least items would get produced through playing.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:11:36.

no they're like that because it's cheaper and faster to level without having to gear up. if i can complete pvm content in a medsuit, what incentive do i have to gear a toon? to complete it marginally faster? i can do that later whne the toon hits intended level.
    People who level without gearing up periodicvally should be removed from game even if it kills it. Along with OST's. (Nothing wrong with REAL kiting though, it's a class defining role and function of NT's).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

why? ao pvm is so easy you don't need to bother taking off your medsuit before hitting inf. why bother gearing a toon that performs fine naked?

I enjoy RK-missions, alot. Not afraid of saying so.
    Collected quite a number of bags of Mission-only nanos, only have do announce them.
    Slow leveling? I find it alot more fun to fully experience my toolsets (yes, plural) than getting trained in TOTW or skipping SoM or not finding teams b/c ppl say it's alot less XP, even having to try and OD that one guy who relogs every 15minutes to kill Cerubin.

It's my cup of tea, I'm proud of it.
    Besides, yo-yo lock is useful at times (lock XP to get stuff at same QL or a QL range, unlock to level, rinse-repeat, nothing new)

I disagree with OP. Knowledge of which nanos are RK/Dyna loot should be spread instead, even what/how to blitz.

As far as XP goes, I'd rather have the reward XP being double or tripled than change RK-mission indoor mob's XP (provided you killed 80%+ mobs). If you don't intend to complete the mission, don't roll it.

By the way, put back %kill counts for Neutrals, changing the message to exclude any references to tokens, please.

About integrating a CSaver/MBuddy like functionality. If they ever do something in that sense, I'd prefer that you could choose to restrict mission types and/or reward types for triple the going fee (which of course is currently your level) rather than a full blow in-game tool.
    (same for org-bots, just don't)

As a last note, add a cumulative +67% critical to med-suit pieces. Then let's see ppl running around with 400% dangling over their head.
    Last edited by Makabey; Mar 27th, 2012 at 16:21:40.