Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Sept. 16th, 2011: Little Shinies

Unka Pumpkinhead?

If im right and dont get nothing pretend i was wrong kk ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    The part where you, as one of the 10000 others, post about how development of art assets have anything to do with work on rendering engine development.
    Ignorance is bliss, let them be.

I don't think that's a character creation area. We already have one of those (and I would surely miss it if it was replaced, but that's just me), why make a new one?

No, I think this is rather a new character selection area. There has been talk about bringing character selection from the login screen into the game (so that we could relog without quitting AO), and I think that is a sketch of how the implementation is supposed to look like. It's another step in implementing current MMO standards in AO, and I think it looks awesome.

Also, I like the floating snack bar. Always nice to see original artwork, especially since it's so in style with the old cyberpunk concept of AO.

The new yalm is nice, I'm curious as to when it's gonna be implemented and how.
    Mpfha - your friendly neighborhood metaphysicist

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Can you guess what all of these are for?
    this? maybe?
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Mpfha View Post

Also, I like the floating snack bar. Always nice to see original artwork, especially since it's so in style with the old cyberpunk concept of AO.
    AO is far from Cyberpunk style, but If you wish to see what real cyberpunk is check out some Neocron trailers. However, that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarClan View Post
    AO is far from Cyberpunk style, but If you wish to see what real cyberpunk is check out some Neocron trailers. However, that would be cool
    I was so looking forward to Neocron when they had the single playfield up for testing before launch... pity it never panned out in reality, could have been fantastic.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Pheddex View Post
    I will oficially stop reading fwm... One week of dissapointment followed by another.... And another and another and another.... Sigh... Back to rolling new alts...
    If you are consistently disappointed, I think that is more likely to mean your expectations are too high. We have about 3 years of FWM now. If that doesn't give people enough history to set realistic expectations, then the running joke here is that people took 3 years to figure it out.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

The part where you, as one of the 10000 others, post about how development of art assets have anything to do with work on rendering engine development.
    Ah yes, the serious part of my post, I assumed the smiley was obvious enough.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Anyone else noticed the Yalm in the video has its tail lights ripped off - ehm, recycled - from Porsche 959 and/or eighties 911 models?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Pessimism ahoy! You guys ever heard the adage "no news is good news"? They're all likely just like Kintaii says, waist-deep in some really impressive stuff that they can't show us right now because it's half finished.

Also, I hope that anchored flying vehicle actually turns out to be a covert bunker where we can mount a giant machine gun and blow away all the people who post "first", "second", "first page", and so on in every FW(o)M thread!

lol i like how FW(O)M isnt even trying anymore and people are still being impressed
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    lol i like how FW(O)M isnt even trying anymore and people are still being impressed
    I guess the concept that some news is better than no news is fine. Don't see how you can fill out a 1000 word post with meaningful information every week. You can only say the same thing so many times.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I guess the concept that some news is better than no news is fine. Don't see how you can fill out a 1000 word post with meaningful information every week. You can only say the same thing so many times.
    In all respect I think that's both unfair and a tad harsh, I mean look at all the whiners who come here once a week. They manage to produce innovative, creative and meaningful posts every week, I'd go as far as saying they are unique posts each week!

If the trolls can, why can't FC?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Maybe FC arent trolls xD
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Maybe FC arent trolls xD
    Hm, what if all the forum trolls (with minimum coding experience) were to replace everyone at FC that is working on AO atm and then the AO team could do the trolling here on forums.

Then we would have strangely positive posts here on forum no matter what and FC offices would be filled with people that never sleeps, has no social life and an incredible desire for other people to think they are great, to work on the game 24/7.

Sounds like a win-win-win!

Stop sniping at each other before I get irritated. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Just for the record, I personally was joking

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    In all respect I think that's both unfair and a tad harsh, I mean look at all the whiners who come here once a week. They manage to produce innovative, creative and meaningful posts every week, I'd go as far as saying they are unique posts each week!

If the trolls can, why can't FC?
    The sad part of this sarcasm is that you make a freakin good point. Just think about how much less bull the Devs would have to put up with if they just released the engine/rebalance and gave us something to occupy our time. As of now the most entertainment in AO is figuring out what to gripe about in this edition of Friday Without Meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Except that the trolls don't have anything unique either. They just change the words around and whine about the lack of content, or answers to their pet peeves, or how the engine isn't here yet or how rebalance is a myth. Saying it in a hundred different ways doesn't make the message different, or any less like the tired whine it is.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast