Thread: Quickie Explanation of New Trader NanoSheet (Summary Open to Criticism)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I don't quite get this bit:

"15 second durations on drains... meh. In PVP it's manageable and at least fair"

15 seconds is not "manageable" or fair in my opinion (in pvp).

A lot of people have voiced that 15 seconds is incredibly short (and not just for PvM) so I don't see it as an extremely good idea to make it sound as if we all think 15 sec is "fine" in PvP

Other than that, glad you are putting effort into this. Keep it up
    15 sec is fine for PvP (heck, you can recast it anyways and nano pool should indeed play some serious rule in all this jazz, and not to be taken for granted, like it is today).

PvM could stay on long duration, for all I care.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I actually saw a mixed reaction on the 15 seconds, especially just after they were changed from 10. If y'all want it a bit longer though (and believe me, I kinda do too ) I'm all for it.
    Last edited by Saetos; Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:06:46.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

i'd also like some clarification on whats going on with the charms, it would be cool if they were actually usable . . . as they are now pretty much up there with the fixer summons for most useful nanos in game.

4 buffoons- procs are nice, but id rather have tools i can use more than once every 15 min. . . can we trade these guys for getting SDS back ? :P

skill drains as they sit are almost not worth casting against most profs. . . if landing a drain isnt going to cause a measureable change in how much i get hit its not really worth casting, esp with how much nano is going to have to be managed now. Also in pvm the short duration is gonna make most fights especially frustrating as you will have a constant stream of nanos which are timing out on the mob. imo they should be at least 30 sec in pvp, and id still like to see the amount drained raised back to current lvls. we are losing a lot of active defense without CP/IS and losing our only real 'oh #@%!' button in SDS.

I dont see an AC buff as a defensive substitute unless theres going to be some serious reworking of weapon damages, and without any specific information on that front im not gonna rely on it.
    Traders need love too

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    15 sec is fine for PvP (heck, you can recast it anyways and nano pool should indeed play some serious rule in all this jazz, and not to be taken for granted, like it is today).

PvM could stay on long duration, for all I care.
    But this is about balancing and not 1vs1s...can't even keep 1/6th of a team drained, while a doc for example has no problem keeping a full team perma-ubt'ed...

Maybe let Kintaii/Genele take a look at the nano schools for ac-debuff/nr-debuff...PM/TS or maybe BM since we could use more in there with the new nanos. IP is tight, esp. as a PvP trader. I would have to sacrifize a ton to dump IP into BM/SI and MC...
    Syy

Thumbs up

If traders get better (QL 300) drains, and they are unremoveable by virus scanners, then 15 sec is good.

The problem is that 15 sec is very little, if you can remove all 15 sec with one click.

Saetos, great job
    I look forward to the Agent ones doing the same

I am missing one point though:
    Code:

.|
                        .   |
                     .      |
                  .         |
              .             |
           .                |
       .                    |
    .                       |
                         QL 200
    X is QL, Y is powerfulness of nano
    Which is the general issue with the current state of the game, for every profession.

But actually the issue for traders is this:
    Code:
                    .       |
                  .         |
                .           |
              .             |
           .                |
         .                  |
      .                     |
    .                       |
                         lvl 200
    X is -LVL- of trader, Y is powerfulness of nano

Examples from the draft document:
    Preeminent Health Haggler QL 159, Lvl lock: none Skills: 689 760 Heal: -458, 869
    Supreme Health Haggler QL 206, lvl lock: 207 Skills: 1265 1262 Heal: -690, 1218
    Improved Health Haggler QL 215, lvl lock: 215 Skills: 1650 1641 Heal: -1036, 1827

You traders know the problem, and know the rest of the examples.
    The issue is that lvl locks and lack of new nanos makes traders weak and boring from lvl 150ish, when you can cast all the non lvl locked nanos..
    in the RK line, there is a new one every 10-20 QLs in this line, but from 159 to 220 there are 2.. with each SL lvl being 1 perk ~ 10 RK lvls, that is 1 nano per 120 lvls..

an issue for several professions, but more so one for traders, because of the laddering nature being broken..
    And it is "easy" making new nanos.. draw the graph, draw a line (excel can do that) and you have a formula for what the nanos should do and cost, to be in line with the existing..

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    make a graph of the current drains (trader professionals, would you fire up a google spread sheet please?).
    one being: Y: skill/health/nano/AC drain X: nanoskills(sum or average of casting skills)
    the other one being: Y: skill/health/nano/AC drain X: lvl (your experience as playing trader, get input if needed..[make a thread asking?] eg. I can cast the QL 24 on my lvl 9 trader self)

when that graph is made, take the purely skill-based nanos and extrapolate (continiue) that line.. make nanos, lots of nanos, continue till QL 300 if you would like..
    "OMG traders have 10K nano and weaponskills", well enforcers still have more health..
    -also- traders need to drain each 3 minutes!! (I dislike each 10 minutes), that is the disadvantage/catch.. also you can not work without the drains.. having to do a ladder of 6 nano castings before you can use your gun is a choice.. some will do it, for the fame of having a QL 400 gun, others will see that a QL300 you can use all the time is better than one you can not use, because you ran out of nano (mob drained your nano) or the mob deleted your drain (NTs have counter Grid Armor nukes, then a profession needs an Epsilon Purge /Foot in the grave perk removing drain nanos from the trader).
    A trader with 10K weaponskill is the counter to evade-professions/mobs and the weaponskill damage dealers (disabling them in 15 seconds).

Now mess with the traders nanopool, remove the drain or even Epsilon purge the comp nano, and the drain latter will fall, revealing a very gimp person, with a gun (s)he can not even use (100% OE).

That I think is fair and balanced.
    yes I am OK with drains lasting only 15 sec in PVP, if you get QL 300 drains, truly disabling weaponskill professions..
    It gives the choice of: vulnerable but high skill, or average damage, but less vulnerable to drains being disabled..
    That I see as a re-balancing:
    fixing the problems at the root
    sudo su
    Go fix! FunCom
    Hope that works..

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    But this is about balancing and not 1vs1s...can't even keep 1/6th of a team drained, while a doc for example has no problem keeping a full team perma-ubt'ed...
    wts virus scanners pst

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    wts virus scanners pst
    I heard a rumor that they might also work against drains...
    Syy

I heard a rumor that they might also work against drains...
    That rumor must be a lie! I mean, if drains were so easily removed why would everyone be so mad?

</sarcasm>
    Proud Member of Paradise

Originally Posted by ArienSky
    make a graph of the current drains (trader professionals, would you fire up a google spread sheet please?).
    one being: Y: skill/health/nano/AC drain X: nanoskills(sum or average of casting skills)
    the other one being: Y: skill/health/nano/AC drain X: lvl (your experience as playing trader, get input if needed..[make a thread asking?] eg. I can cast the QL 24 on my lvl 9 trader self)
    The first graph could be kinda easy to do I suppose... but the second one requires so much input (with way too big a range of potential results, considering how the twinking system works) that it's not worth building.

On top of which, that's a lot of nanos to sort through. A lot. Unless you can give me, or Nanotehnpoir, a solid reason to go forward with something like this I don't see how it's feasible to start throwing up graphs to fix our profession.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    * Our weapon DD will be ravaged with this patch. Considering the flurry of nano casting, the removal of Ranged Init from the Slayer line, and inability to use health plunders on demand without ravaging one's nanopool (not considering the fact that resisting this nano will cut DD by a ton) AND losing 9% crit [30 from drains, -15 from AC team buff, total value 15, original value 24 from Nanite Improved drains], our role in a team will be even lower than before.
    This is false and a view limited to 220's only. A leveling trader will now in fact have crit buffs, including froob traders, so their damage is increased by significant amounts. At 220, traders gain 6% higher crit chance, which is more damage, and saying an increase is less is simply impossible to support.

When you include the team buff, you do not say "traders do less damage because they give up crit chance for others". The damage the trader increases team DPM by is the trader's damage contribution and is an extension of the trader's own damage. No one will care if the trader does 15k less DPM if the other team members are doing 10-20k more DPM each.

* The problem of Umbrals not affecting damage as MBSes are tremendously easy to meet at TL7, or 153 AAO doing extraordinarily little to boost the damages of some support professions' weapons (namely the MP, Crat and Trader at a rumored 1/12 ratio past 1K AR) is still prevalent.
    The effect of weapon skill over MBS is still significant. Crit chance works in ratio with attack rating, and for about 30% crit chance a level of 153 weapon skill should be around 2.5% crit chance. The additional benefit could be in perk damage increasing, but most importantly nano skills for players who will have a harder time casting in the future.

* Roots being no longer than 7 seconds in PVP is way too short.
    How long should a player have control over another's actions? If stunning someone for several seconds is unbalanced then how can rooting them for much longer be any more fair? Roots are not intended to stop people long enough for you to kill them, they are supposed to be long enough for you to gain an advantage.

* Enforcers become even more ridiculously powerful than before, because our inability to drain much AAO from them (total of 276, instead of previously 1500) will allow them to get in range and absolutely floor us with stuns and strong weapons and associated perks.
    What about soldiers and keepers as well? Are you asking that traders still have the ability to drain professions with 3500+ attack rating so much that they are no threat to you? At which point will you accept that some professions may have an advantage?

You cannot argue against a particular group of professions having an advantage without also arguing against your own right to have advantages yourself.

Summary: We're now AC, crit, and nanopool totems. Extremely weak totems at that, with lower DD potential than before. We're not too bad in teams, but if we can't use our tools in the right order and at the right times, we're horribly weak. Our defenses are fragile - our nanopool gone means we're dead, since we've lost 1200+ AAD.
    DD potential increased at all levels. The current levels of drains are ridiculously strong. We also do not know exactly how much of an impact the proposed drains could have on players as all skill values are being reworked.

Trader defenses are non-existant, asside from an emergency nano.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    I agree. As has been said before (albeit sarcastically by a troll), drains should either be short and powerful or long and weak. What we have no are short and weak, which just doesn't do.

The sad truth of the matter is that for many professions a trader would be better off not bothering to cast the drains at all. Not that we have other tools that would be useful instead, but the drains would be useless so why bother...
    It will be impossible to make a balanced core skill debuff if the trader profession must rely on it.

For mass pvp, I was thinking of how to make traders viable as an offensive drain profession and I think the concept that would work is quite simple.

If our wrangles can work as a target's team friendly buff, then why not extend this concept to parts of our offensive toolset. It would not be as OP as an AOE could be, but if we target one player and had drains that effected the target's team then that should eliminate the difficulties we would have trying to select a single appropriate target.

The drains would be slightly weaker but affecting up to 6 players at once seems significant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    This is false and a view limited to 220's only. A leveling trader will now in fact have crit buffs, including froob traders, so their damage is increased by significant amounts.
    At low levels, our Shotguns are definitely good crit weapons, but by God are they slow. The quicker weapons that we use normally are not Shotguns (paired with the FSS or otherwise) and are not crit reliant, but rather damage reliant. Besides, rarely are we invited at low levels to teams for our damage potential - people want our NanoRegen and Umbrals a lot more, and after this rebalance, for our AC and Crit buffs, which brings me to this:
    At 220, traders gain 6% higher crit chance, which is more damage, and saying an increase is less is simply impossible to support.
    30 - 15 < 24.

We lose 15% crit if we use the team AC buff. Not using this buff is a ton of wasted potential for our teammates.

When you include the team buff, you do not say "traders do less damage because they give up crit chance for others". The damage the trader increases team DPM by is the trader's damage contribution and is an extension of the trader's own damage. No one will care if the trader does 15k less DPM if the other team members are doing 10-20k more DPM each.
    Believe me, Gatester, I wouldn't have a problem of losing 6% crit if our own damage was solid enough to take that much of a hit. But it's not; we're not exactly stellar DD'ers, and we certainly won't be after this patch considering how much interrupting our nanos will be doing to our attack bar with all the debuffs and drains we have to sling around.

The effect of weapon skill over MBS is still significant. Crit chance works in ratio with attack rating, and for about 30% crit chance a level of 153 weapon skill should be around 2.5% crit chance.
    This is an unproven formula and one you cannot base an opinion on. 2.5% crit increase, in any case, is not a solid reason to invite a Trader in the first place, if given the choice between them, a Bureaucrat, a Keeper, or a Martial Artist, whom can either buff Critical Chance more, or AAO in tandem with other benefiting team buffs (Keeper -> damage, heals, nano, attack shields; Bureaucrat -> XP, AAD)

The additional benefit could be in perk damage increasing, but most importantly nano skills for players who will have a harder time casting in the future.
    Perks, perhaps, considering the new laddering structure a lot of professions will be getting, but that's still not really a big increase. Also consider this still will not affect support professions that will not be using Pistol Mastery, as very few non-weaponskill perks will use this laddering system.

And nanoskill increase has nothing to do with the argument. I'm fully aware of the usefulness of the boost to nanoskills that Umbral provides.
    How long should a player have control over another's actions? If stunning someone for several seconds is unbalanced then how can rooting them for much longer be any more fair? Roots are not intended to stop people long enough for you to kill them, they are supposed to be long enough for you to gain an advantage.
    3 seconds is long enough to allow a low level Trader to "gain an advantage?" And 7 seconds at top levels is not much better.
    What about soldiers and keepers as well? Are you asking that traders still have the ability to drain professions with 3500+ attack rating so much that they are no threat to you? At which point will you accept that some professions may have an advantage?
    No. I'm saying I don't support this shift in extremes from Traders being able to drain everybody BUT Enforcers down to nothing, towards being able to drain everyone, probably also Enforcers depending on how much NR they will retain post-balance and the increase in NR debuffing we possess, but for piddly amounts. I'd rather we be able to solidly debuff our opponents for a solid amount, not 1500 or 276.
    You cannot argue against a particular group of professions having an advantage without also arguing against your own right to have advantages yourself.
    I mentioned Enforcers - and solely Enforcers - because they are one of the most ludicrously strong professions in the game, having a solid advantage over almost all of their opponents (save for the Soldier or possibly Fixer). Their anti-CC tools are/were too strong, their health more than helping them to overcome our mediocre PVP damage without AimedShot (which, by the way, is being nerfed post-balance) and a combination of fears, good AR, good health recovery, and alpha-strike damage that overwhelms support professions like ourselves.
    DD potential increased at all levels. The current levels of drains are ridiculously strong. We also do not know exactly how much of an impact the proposed drains could have on players as all skill values are being reworked.
    Yea, I'll be glad to sling around 4% extra crit and perhaps 50-75 extra damage every minute or two when our best Shotguns are still LUDICROUSLY SLOW.

Yea, I'll be glad to sling around 4% extra crit and perhaps 50-75 extra damage every minute or two when our best Shotguns are still LUDICROUSLY SLOW.
    Seconding that. I run at 70% crit (MOP and tts included). Docs still OD me.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

quoted because i think this is a very critical point. numbers and details aside, if balance is supposed to be team based and a trader has no chance of practically keeping a team debuffed, how are these "balanced".

Based on other comments i've heard i think there should be two sets of drains:
    • The first set is target based and would provide the same skill debuff as our nanites, but without the AAO (in pvp; in pvm it would be the opposite of course, only the aao debuff). This would be two nanos as currenlty.
    • The second set would be target-team and would effect the entire team of the player it lands on. These would have values more similar to what we are seeing now; ie, significantly less effect because we are hitting a lot of people at once.

The team based drains would be over-written by the target drains, but not vice versa. Thus, we can slap maybe 2-3 teams with the team drains (assuming we are very lucky and they land first try), and then possibly hit one or two specific (high-threat) targets with the bigger, target drains. Thus, we have weaker versions that affect more people (team based balance), but we still have stronger versions to be able to actually effect high-rish targets (think: enfos, sols, high-ar profs).
    Proud Member of Paradise

Docs have lots of other crap to cast anyways, so give them a break.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

30 - 15 < 24.

We lose 15% crit if we use the team AC buff. Not using this buff is a ton of wasted potential for our teammates.

Believe me, Gatester, I wouldn't have a problem of losing 6% crit if our own damage was solid enough to take that much of a hit. But it's not; we're not exactly stellar DD'ers, and we certainly won't be after this patch considering how much interrupting our nanos will be doing to our attack bar with all the debuffs and drains we have to sling around.
    Do you understand the point of teaming? If the only thing you care about is bragging rights for how much damage you are doing in a team or raid, then do not use the team 15% crit buff and take the 6% you gain from this documentation. However I would expect you to be kicked immediately from the team for not increasing the team's performance and focusing on yourself.

If a profession could reduce their damage add by -2000 and buff their team by +2000, do you honestly think they would give care that that player was doing 0 damage per hit when the team is hitting for 4000 regulars? It is the same concept on a smaller scale, in a team it is not your efficiency that matters but that of the team, and these buffs effect the teams performance.

This is an unproven formula and one you cannot base an opinion on. 2.5% crit increase, in any case, is not a solid reason to invite a Trader in the first place, if given the choice between them, a Bureaucrat, a Keeper, or a Martial Artist, whom can either buff Critical Chance more, or AAO in tandem with other benefiting team buffs (Keeper -> damage, heals, nano, attack shields; Bureaucrat -> XP, AAD)
    The relationship between attack rating and critical chance is a proven mechanic based on a significant amount of testing.

You also cannot compare a single buff useable by traders to the entirety of other profession toolsets and somehow consider your argument strong. If you do wish to make claims of usefulness based on this, then I would point out that in no way would I team a bureaucrat in the future over a trader because a crat's +50 psychology buff is useless compared to +15% crit, +153 weapon and nanoskills, and nano regain that traders offer.

No. I'm saying I don't support this shift in extremes from Traders being able to drain everybody BUT Enforcers down to nothing, towards being able to drain everyone, probably also Enforcers depending on how much NR they will retain post-balance and the increase in NR debuffing we possess, but for piddly amounts. I'd rather we be able to solidly debuff our opponents for a solid amount, not 1500 or 276.

I mentioned Enforcers - and solely Enforcers - because they are one of the most ludicrously strong professions in the game, having a solid advantage over almost all of their opponents (save for the Soldier or possibly Fixer). Their anti-CC tools are/were too strong, their health more than helping them to overcome our mediocre PVP damage without AimedShot (which, by the way, is being nerfed post-balance) and a combination of fears, good AR, good health recovery, and alpha-strike damage that overwhelms support professions like ourselves.
    Again, you are sounding as if you are not upset about the enforcer toolset but that enforcers have an advantage over traders. A trader should not be allowed to have skill drains that are powerful enough to prevent a profession that relies solely on attack rating to kill them. The justification for this is very simple, if you can make a 3500-3700 attack rating profession unable to harm you then how does that effect their performance against actual evade professions?

By having tools strong enough to cripple enforcers, keepers, and soldiers then you would be making them absolutely useless against almost all other professions as well and your toolset would be far too effective against lower attack rating professions. The only option is to make traders vulnerable to high attack rating professions. If you do not want to be vulnerable to high AR professions then what exactly should the trader weakness be?

As far as the claim that enforcers have a solid advantage over almost all of their opponents, my level 1 trader, 30 agent, 75 MP, 90 NT, 220 MA, and 220 shade are all extremely effective at killing enforcers. I doubt you could support an argument that a single enforcer setup has a clear advantage over at least 8 professions at 220 either. I would probably fall into the ranks of people that constantly cry about enforcers if they were not so underwhelming against the majority of twinks I build.

If a profession could reduce their damage add by -2000 and buff their team by +2000, do you honestly think they would give care that that player was doing 0 damage per hit when the team is hitting for 4000 regulars? It is the same concept on a smaller scale, in a team it is not your efficiency that matters but that of the team, and these buffs effect the teams performance.

Traders can already do that, not +2000/-2000 but +1300/-10000. Never seen any do it, except myself.
    Last edited by Shareida; Jan 30th, 2011 at 01:08:45.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Do you understand the point of teaming? If the only thing you care about is bragging rights for how much damage you are doing in a team or raid, then do not use the team 15% crit buff and take the 6% you gain from this documentation. However I would expect you to be kicked immediately from the team for not increasing the team's performance and focusing on yourself.

That's what I just said. Yes, this IS useful for my teammates. But is our job seriously going to be +crit/+nano/+AR totems that can't do any damage?

The relationship between attack rating and critical chance is a proven mechanic based on a significant amount of testing.
    It's unproven. You seem to base your values on a static AAD value; but if 153 AAO actually buffed 2.5% crit, then at 220 with, say, 2500 AR, we'd all be running around with a static 41.1% crit.
    You also cannot compare a single buff useable by traders to the entirety of other profession toolsets and somehow consider your argument strong. If you do wish to make claims of usefulness based on this, then I would point out that in no way would I team a bureaucrat in the future over a trader because a crat's +50 psychology buff is useless compared to +15% crit, +153 weapon and nanoskills, and nano regain that traders offer.
    Again:
    * 15% crit that reduces our already low damage.
    * 153 weapon/nanoskills that does not affect damage in a significant or visible way at high levels as weapon MBS is way too low in relation to many players' AR values.
    * Nano-regain that I suppose will be useful, but the 4980 nanocost is HUGE for a team buff we must maintain.

And don't bring up a strawman argument to counter mine: NO ONE invites Bureaucrats for their psychology buff (it's not a team buff anyway), but they bring in Traders for Umbral.
    Again, you are sounding as if you are not upset about the enforcer toolset but that enforcers have an advantage over traders. A trader should not be allowed to have skill drains that are powerful enough to prevent a profession that relies solely on attack rating to kill them. The justification for this is very simple, if you can make a 3500-3700 attack rating profession unable to harm you then how does that effect their performance against actual evade professions?
    When at any point did I indicate that I never wanted Enforcers to harm us? Enforcers should be a formidable yet surmountable challenge, not a goddamn wall of stone we have to poke and prod through with our health drains and FLingShots before they finally laugh it off and run in the opposite direction.
    By having tools strong enough to cripple enforcers, keepers, and soldiers then you would be making them absolutely useless against almost all other professions as well and your toolset would be far too effective against lower attack rating professions. The only option is to make traders vulnerable to high attack rating professions. If you do not want to be vulnerable to high AR professions then what exactly should the trader weakness be?
    Nor did I ever say I wanted Trader drains to stay the way they are. 1500 is too strong, I agree, but 276 is too weak an effect, especially when half that is contributed through a 150% NR check drain.
    As far as the claim that enforcers have a solid advantage over almost all of their opponents, my level 1 trader, 30 agent, 75 MP, 90 NT, 220 MA, and 220 shade are all extremely effective at killing enforcers. I doubt you could support an argument that a single enforcer setup has a clear advantage over at least 8 professions at 220 either. I would probably fall into the ranks of people that constantly cry about enforcers if they were not so underwhelming against the majority of twinks I build.
    Most enforcers at those levels build them lazily, specifically to smack around rather weak "twinks" or regular players. Of course you're going to be strong with your level 1 Trader (irony?), 30 Agent (also irony, FP Trader for high rifles much?), 75 MP (Shield?) and 90 NT (anti-rage roots).

Excuse my french, but this enforcer-discussion is derailing the thread quite a lot.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Just a few thoughts based off other ideas presented in this thread already and some of my own.

Skill Wrangler :

Change the single target Skill Wranglers into a target team debuff.
    Change the Skill Wrangler line so that it debuffs at the top nano roughly 215 Nano / Weapon Skills if Player / 215 AAO if NPC.
    Place this nano at a 150% NR check.
    Durration on target 30 seconds if Player / 300 seconds if NPC.
    AOE from target of 20m.
    This nano line could be referred to as Drain Line A.

Divest Skills :

Change the Divest Skill line so that it debuffs at the top nano roughly 100 Nano / Weapon Skills and 300 AAO if Player / 400 AAO if NPC.
    Place this nano at a 100% NR check.
    Duration on target 15s if Player / 300s if NPC.
    This nano line will overwrite Drain Line A.
    This nano line could be referred to as Drain Line B.

Plunder Skills :

Change the Plunder Skill line so that it debuffs at the top nano roughly 300 Nano / Weapon Skills and 100 AAO if Player / 400 AAO if NPC.
    Place this nano at a 125% NR check.
    Duration on target 15s if Player / 300s if NPC.
    This nano line will overwrite Drain Line A.
    This nano line could be referred to as Drain Line C.

Nano Resist Debuffs :

Add a 5 tier system to the debuffs that increases by 20% with each casting of the debuff.
    Using the top debuffs as an example
    Initial Cast : -500 NR / Duration 30s
    Second Cast : -625 NR / Duration 25s / Overwrites previous debuff.
    Third Cast : -875 NR / Duration 20s / Overwrites previous debuff.
    Forth Cast : -1250 NR / Duration 15s / Overwrites previous debuff.
    Fifth Cast : -1750 NR Duration 10s / Overwrites previous debuff / Can not overwrite self.
    Duration times halved if target is Player
    Nano Resist Debuff Immunity Blocker duration increased to 20s.

Team AC Transfer :

Remove Critical Decrease from this line on self.
    Remove Critical Increase from this line on target.

AC Debuff Line :

Decrease Critical Decrease on target to 21 on top nano in this line.
    Decrease Critical Increase on self to 21 on top nano in this line.

Damage Buff Line :

Add Critical Increase on target to this line.
    Add Weapon Skill Initiatives to this line.
    Top buff in this line adds 7 Critical Increase to target.
    Top buff in this line adds 105 to Weapon Skill Initiatives.

Divest Damage Line :

Add Critical Decrease to target on this line.
    Add Critical Increase to self on this line.
    Top nano in this line debuffs target Critical -6
    Top nano in this line increases target Critical 6
    Decrease durration of self buff to 300s

Overview of thoughts.

Drains :

Divest and Plunder will gain a little more kick back into them from current proposed changes while still remaining weaker then original.
    A third team drain introduced that does not stack with Divest and Plunder.
    Durations in PvM modified to account for use of other tools as well.

Nano Resist Debuffs :

Increased effectiveness for prolonged casting at cost of shorter duration of debuff. Once top debuff is reached target receives 20s immunity from debuff.

Critical Increase :

Critical Increase spread over 3 nano lines. Critical decrease on self removed and critical increase for team decreased to no outshine Martial Artist critical increase buffs.

Initiatives Increase :

Added initiatives increase to Damage Buff line again to keep in line with the current top buff in the line.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast