Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No more tumbleweeds!

No more tumbleweeds!

What do traders need and want to survive the next few months/years?

Why do people want to see us nerfed (how is that even possible)?

I'll hold my breath until next week FwM.

Saetos, tell us.

Edit:

- I looked up some ideas.

15 seconds to drain up?
    Last edited by Shareida; Jan 13th, 2011 at 01:18:33.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

God, new threads are bad, mkay! Would love to see the trader forum with no posts for 30 days, if only for a brief period of time :P
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

There should be more activity next week after Means posts the Trader nano documents
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    What do traders need and want to survive the next few months/years?

Why do people want to see us nerfed (how is that even possible)?

I'll hold my breath until next week FwM.

Saetos, tell us.
    I'd love to see us have a defined role, instead of FunCom trying to throw damage tools, drain tools and buff tools willy-nilly.

People wanna see us nerfed because we're superduperfreakinawesome at level 1-30 - and there are several ways to fix this, but until I get some sort of hint as to what they're gonna do I can't exactly determine if FC shares our ideas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline
    There should be more activity next week after Means posts the Trader nano documents
    Indeed.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    What scares me is that someone who doesn't play the game is in charge of pvp balance... And the fact that our professionals don't know what's in store for us >.<
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    What scares me is that someone who doesn't play the game is in charge of pvp balance... And the fact that our professionals don't know what's in store for us >.<
    Moar AC debuffs i guess.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Moar AC debuffs i guess.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Not only are you a horrible (and by "horrible" I mean "really weak and ineffectual") troll, you also have no idea what you're talking about. Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with (unless you've unwittingly played with genele, in which case the most hardcore mofo you've met in game? that was her)

I know you like opening your virtual mouth and spewing things that make very little sense and generally have no basis in reality, and while I'm normally willing to let your horrendous posts slide by with nothing more than an eyeroll, this time you sincerely have no clue what you're referring to and deserve to be called out on it. Genele's spent more time and hours playing and studying this game than you can probably even begin to imagine - Saying she has "no clue about PvP balance" just shows your general ignorance and complete lack of decorum.

As far as "the professionals don't know what's in store for us", the document hasn't been released to them yet. They get it the same way that everyone else gets it. Once its out to them, they'll have a chance to look it over and then, after going over feedback, we'll post it publicly. There's nothing different for Traders than there has been for any other profession.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Not only are you a horrible (and by "horrible" I mean "really weak and ineffectual") troll, you also have no idea what you're talking about. Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with (unless you've unwittingly played with genele, in which case the most hardcore mofo you've met in game? that was her)

I know you like opening your virtual mouth and spewing things that make very little sense and generally have no basis in reality, and while I'm normally willing to let your horrendous posts slide by with nothing more than an eyeroll, this time you sincerely have no clue what you're referring to and deserve to be called out on it. Genele's spent more time and hours playing and studying this game than you can probably even begin to imagine - Saying she has "no clue about PvP balance" just shows your general ignorance and complete lack of decorum.
    Outch oO
    Strupstad
    Pwn by kintaii apprentice... change it !
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

The benefits of drains alongside the debuff on drains and the duration makes them too strong. If you only need 1 cast of 1 nano to win most encounters, it is OP. Trader drains are like AI armor, no tool that does so much is ever fair. There are lots of suggestions so we should wait and see what happens first and then try more again, but drains are not a proper tool in any sense.

Traders need boosts in pvm, like mezzes that work before 207 or 209, not gonna bother checking my trader to make sure. Maybe a better way of healing, % based could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The benefits of drains alongside the debuff on drains and the duration makes them too strong. If you only need 1 cast of 1 nano to win most encounters, it is OP. Trader drains are like AI armor, no tool that does so much is ever fair. There are lots of suggestions so we should wait and see what happens first and then try more again, but drains are not a proper tool in any sense.
    Trader= disable your opponent, as it have been said before bring your friend or kill it first. And for tl7 Lol at the "If you only need 1 cast of 1 nano to win most encounters".
    (talking about 215+ pvp here)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.

Genele is the greatest
    wtb duel with said pvper
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Genele's spent more time and hours playing and studying this game than you can probably even begin to imagine - Saying she has "no clue about PvP balance" just shows your general ignorance and complete lack of decorum.
    Please circle the following setups genele has approved for pvp uses

Fixer with dual SMGs.
    Engineer with grenade.
    MA without swap weapons
    Enforcer with ultra behe
    Adv with coon, acrobat, heals, 80% root resist, and AS pistol

Hint: only one should be circled
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

E-RAAAGE!
    People wouldn't say things like this about Genele if they had faith in what has currently been released. Some of the nano documents havent exactly inspired faith that Genele is infact a hardcore PVPer.

Besides, the best PVPers at least on RK1, the really, really, really good ones who really do know a lot about all the classes in the game, are male.

I'm not saying Genele is missing the mark really with nano documents, they seem fine for what they are, but the best comments about them acknowledge that unless all weapons, all items, and all mechanics are changed, MASSIVELY... the nano docs make very little sense at all on their own.

I mean sure, if we are going to be swinging 1000-2000(1000) weapons for regular hit damage, on full agro then that's all well and good, but in this case to make the balance docs work out right in a balanced game... the balancing of items that arent nanos are going to have a far bigger impact then these documents, and its the core mechanics changes that need to be altered to make some nano docs sensible.. that will show how good or bad, or how in/out of touch the dev team really is.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jan 11th, 2011 at 09:45:45.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Also (on a tangent here, wheee) I'm curious to see whether AO suffers the same fate as Jayde's AOC balancing, where everything was mathematically balanced to a pinpoint, where every classes DPS, Healing per second, damage resistance, etc was all balanced in excel perfectly.

However the game was a dog to play initially, and balance didn't feel anything remotely normal, fun etc. It felt very balanced in excel, but it DIDNT feel balanced by anyone who was playing a game - With a game such as AO it's really going to show I reckon.

My 2c (quote this in a couple years if you want)

1) The balance patch will be released
    2) Balance will be considerably worse off than the game is now
    3) FC show a ton of attention to rebalancing the new aspects of what actually goes live, which classes get a huge boost get nerfed, and some unloved classes get some quick fire love to maintain a respectable balance.

Here's the thing though.

Why not just start at 3? There would be a lot less work done, and I still reckon that after 3) we'll actually be slightly less balanced in the real world than we are now (which ISNT REALLY that badly off)

Time will tell
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

This thread has potential, subscribing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Traders need boosts in pvm, like mezzes that work before 207 or 209, not gonna bother checking my trader to make sure. Maybe a better way of healing, % based could be interesting.
    I think a level req 190 SL calm would fill the gap nicely, just dinged 209 myself - and what a long wait it was...

Maybe a slightly better single heal too at around 190?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    A
    3) FC show a ton of attention to rebalancing the new aspects of what actually goes live, which classes get a huge boost get nerfed, and some unloved classes get some quick fire love to maintain a respectable balance.

Here's the thing though.

Why not just start at 3? There would be a lot less work done, and I still reckon that after 3) we'll actually be slightly less balanced in the real world than we are now (which ISNT REALLY that badly off)

Time will tell
    *SUPERGIGA99999MEGATON BUMP*

What I've been saying all along. It's just impossible for anyone to predict how things wil play out if you change the whole game at the same time.

Balancing should be done over time through fine tuning, not by putting all the classes in a room and throwing in a hand grenade and how it turns out for the best.

Rebalance the game removing one AS pistol at a time ^^
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Well sadly to my opinion AS was the only thing balanced in this game :X

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Trader= disable your opponent, as it have been said before bring your friend or kill it first. And for tl7 Lol at the "If you only need 1 cast of 1 nano to win most encounters".
    (talking about 215+ pvp here)
    AO looks good on auno, doesn't it?

Amazing, how all the trolls pop outta nowhere soon as FC staff posts in here.
    Shareidah - First Order

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast