Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: All The Necessary Changes Needed To Balance The Majority Of PvP

So hellrule. Since i have not targeted any offensive or defensive weapons, perks, or otherwise, all i think should happen is debuffs should not last longer than 45 seconds..

what's the issue again?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Your not the only one in the thread.

You did claim however our debuffs land first time, instantly. On soldiers, maybe.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Setup in Sig (all selfed)

1879dodge/1864 evade - 1980 AAD selfed.
    3844 Def Selfed. I usually have my hhab equipped/ nano control unit in hud2/ and infused nano infuser in uti 1 so less.

So for all the noobs claiming about crat evades yet again, here you are. Only thing I am missing is an ACDC i have no will to try and acquire.

Crat evades aren't terribly great anymore, but we still have solid enough evades for about 40 secs at a time every 2minutes.
    "I have 3800 defense rating, dropped down to 3600 with two gear changes. These are not great evades."

Just to clear this up, is this what you're trying to say?

You did claim however our debuffs land first time, instantly. On soldiers, maybe.
    He claimed that they took 8s to cast. Not that they landed the first time. Not even nearly.

People here really need to stop trying to skew what others are saying. It's getting rediculous.

It is true, though, that pets are a joke, as anyone could, just about literally, run circles around the bureaucrat. The pets' damage drops.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Sep 14th, 2010 at 02:21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnotnotnod View Post
    "I have 3800 defense rating, dropped down to 3600 with two gear changes. These are not great evades."

You're basically more justifying what people say about bureaucrat evades. You have 3600.

He claimed that they took 8s to cast. Not that they landed the first time. Not even nearly.
    If you played an evade profession, you would see how many perks land thru 3600 evades. Like i said, crat evades aren't terrible, but they aren't as great as they once were.

8secs to cast in a perfect casting situation. No counters, no interrupts, no lag, not kiting. So you can cast your nuke 9 times if they lasted 45 seconds, but mention nothing of our short term pet buffs and CC tools.

Also lets not forget to mention that funcom is moving away from alpha pvp and more towards longer lasting fights, so you want to shorten debuffs while pvp is supposed to increase. Makes sense.
    Secretly Clan

Please can we rename the thread to : All The Necessary Changes We Need To Avoid Doing To Balance The Majority Of PvP.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by Veebliez View Post
    I like this.
    I don't know, I honestly see both trader drains and nano repulsor as [mostly] fine.

Nano repulsor, I think, honestly should make a % of all nanos resisted (That are relevant). It's hysterical, how I'm able to land everything I have through it, minus uncontrollable body tremors (usually).

Trader drains, could use something, but I think the duration is fine, slice off a minute at most. Maybe, make a stim equivalent to the battlestation battle virus scanner to them.

The funny thing is, most people wouldn't notice any change to root and snare duration, most of them are broken by people simply being hit. Though, that stackable effect idea is nice. With the red tape duration slice, it would require people to actually be on the ball about their effects. The requirement for being "On the ball" is sort of lovable.

I would think that a fear could be torn off with a certain amount of damage, or through certain effects. There's already the keeper aura, which entirely prevents fears.

Most of these make a requirement of looking at your monitor, which I really like.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Sep 14th, 2010 at 04:33:14.

No i didnt.

I said that i land a debuff on people coming from my soldier with 1300 skills at a 90% NR check. That it should be even easier for crats with 1650+ skills and 80%
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

[...] but mention nothing of our short term pet buffs and CC tools.
    Actually i did say that the pet buffs were their own issue and would need proper adjusting. That it shouldn't affect the issue we are discussing, which is duration of debuffs on players.

As far as CC, it's fairly reliable. Like i've said, you shouldn't be able to debuff someone one time and then completely forget about it. You should be expected to refresh debuffs if you want someone to remain debuffed in an extended fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    No i didnt.

I said that i land a debuff on people coming from my soldier with 1300 skills at a 90% NR check. That it should be even easier for crats with 1650+ skills and 80%

3.1K nr on my 220 endgame NT with a PVP def Setup.
    mostly around 3.4K in bs with doc buffs and my NR proc up.

And crats land those 80% debuffs ALLWAYS
    maybe i'll counter the 100% one , but not like it takes long to recast it.

Dw marine ur right they land them verry easy.
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

several profession changes have been added, will add more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Eh, so in effect, you're saying 'this thread has no point whatsoever'?

Also, for everyone else here; let's stop discussing crats by pulling random numbers out of your arse? Or should I instead read this thread as: "these changes are in mind with NO CONSIDERATION of reality"?
    was trying to read thru this thread untill i found ur reply here crattey.. funny to see u whine about people pulling numbers outa their asses when it comes to ur profession upsets u when u basically do that to every other profession around.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    was trying to read thru this thread untill i found ur reply here crattey.. funny to see u whine about people pulling numbers outa their asses when it comes to ur profession upsets u when u basically do that to every other profession around.
    Bold statement. Care to back it up?

To OP: It is odd that everyone considers "Bio cocoon" a perk line. It is not. It is a perk action.

Finally, I think all that is needed for balance is for every perk to check 100% or more and all stuns removed, because I think it is what should happen. These threads are pointless.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    To OP: It is odd that everyone considers "Bio cocoon" a perk line. It is not. It is a perk action.
    Sorry. I never remember what the actual name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnotnotnod View Post
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=163697

Standard bureaucrat setup, . <--- wtf, that is a standard PVM setup.. don't mix up facts here (if you are wondering why do I say that, my proposition to PM me still stands.)

3576 add all defense, and evades <-- and you as a PVP-er ( I highly doubt it anyway) are saying that this is actually HIGH? do we even play the same game?

Nano Resist
    2307 total nano resist. 1171 base. Rest from items. <-- partially correct

Now for attack rating
    926 included pistol.
    1170 base pistol.
    390 offense from auras
    290 offense from items.

This is 2776 attack rating. <--- partially true, but with that is not a SOLITUS ( that was your example right?) crats pvp perk setup, its actually 3000 AR exactly for my soli ai30 crat
    So anyway, you have proven me that you can post a setup, and use simple logic to calculate results. You can be classified as another of those #543097454335 forum PVPers.

But 1) you did it with a wrong setup, while taking wrong base stats from breeds (just try out pvping with that setup, and tell me the results - every1 can kill greens, ya know ). Also why the hell don't you use an endgame setup for calcs? What you posted is an all round fail setup ( as I've already stated - greenie killer )

2) while those numbers look, FINE for you.. you did not count in the fact that there is no healing,absorb,reflect (apart of graft/rrfe),DTN - only RAW evades + aad as a defense.. (and if you want to count CC, yes it helps, but its not a reliable defense, neither are evades )

And btw, I do enjoy pvping on my crat, I don't mind if some random nt comes in and splatters me etc.. but you can't judge crats that took a different route - crat profession evolved into -> KILL or BE KILLED

Also I don't know how this is freaking related to the thread.

oh and PS. What are you trying to prove, what are you trying to say anyway? Did you notice the perk reballance, items, specials (mainly AS) taking a nerf?

Please leave this thread alone with the bull**** and post it in bureaucrat forums/or PM me so you can get your answer.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flaminbull View Post
    So anyway, you have proven me that you can post a setup, and use simple logic to calculate results.
    Actually, he even failed doing that His numbers are, for the millionth time, off.

Actually, he even failed doing that His numbers are, for the millionth time, off.
    Then provide the right numbers. I'm interested in seeing what YOU come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I provied numbers you kindly ignored..

and @marine,
    unless im alpha raping a green or someone afk, i constantly refresh my debuffs. you seem to forget funcom is shifting pvp away from the alpha fest it is and wants to make encounters longer so reducing our 1.5mins debuffs is laughable as it is. if they are removable outside of combat like ubt there will be no reason to severly nerf them. yet again, ubt lasts longer than 4 of our major debuffs, the only one excedding 2 minutes is IRT which is a 6 minute,-250 buff. you don't understand crat mechaniics or pvp so please focus on other things
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    If I could be arsed, I would. However, since it would be rather pointless, I can't really be bothered.

If I could be arsed, I would. However, since it would be rather pointless, I can't really be bothered.
    So, what you are doing is come here, bring down someone that is trying to provide some numbers and claim that those are wrong by quite a lot, but yet, you won't back up your claim with what you would consider the correct numbers.

I'll tell you why:

Firstly, it's because you are just a troll, and someone already suggested you should be banned because all you do is derail threads with non-sense.

Secondly......I'm actually pretty sure that the numbers the Nodnod came up with, even if wrong, are not far from the truth.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 14th, 2010 at 16:54:17.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast