Thread: Null Space Disruptor

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    You shouldn't have to team to make your build work 1/1, it should be good enough to hold its own.
    I think my point is that 'making a build work 1/1' doesn't make sense in the first place because of a great number of reasons, one being that FC promote teaming, another being that teaming tools exist for this very reason, yet another being that no profession toolset should be able to hold their own vs. 14 other unique toolsets.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

If you can convince me that my breed line which has a notum shield, and my profession main defense nano should neutralized just be being in the general area,try. If there was a larger population these arguments wouldn't happen, it would just turn into a they brought engineers we'll bring nt's, they brought nt's we'll bring docs square dance. It ridiculous, fix it so its on relative ground so I can last longer in a fight then 5 seconds head to head. I wish people would stop being in love with their own personal opinions long enough to make a decent argument.
    I don't need to convince you of anything. It's completely irrelevant. You have assumed that everything in this game is build on some logical approach. That's already starting off the wrong foot. What is relevant is what IS in the game and being intelligent enough to recognize FC's approach and working within that mindset. Inventing your own and telling FC they are wrong because theirs isn't your's is pretty good entertainment, but not very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I don't need to convince you of anything. It's completely irrelevant. You have assumed that everything in this game is build on some logical approach. That's already starting off the wrong foot. What is relevant is what IS in the game and being intelligent enough to recognize FC's approach and working within that mindset. Inventing your own and telling FC they are wrong because theirs isn't your's is pretty good entertainment, but not very effective.
    Nothing has to start out logical to be considered logical, thats the whole idea of Chaos theory. Our jobs as gamers isn't to accept whatever is given, but to promote fair and equal game play, and speak up when inequalities are found. FC doesn't have an approach, they have ideas, but no mmo developer said hey fans, this is what the game is going to be, you don't like it, leave. No their marketers and investors have an army trying to figure out what the fans want. Same as I wouldn't go into a Deli who only offered grilled cheese sandwiches, cause their vision was grilled cheese all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory -Ref

It only took 15 pages for chaos theory to come into it? :O

A theory is just a theory, doesn't mean it's right
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Our jobs as gamers isn't to accept whatever is given, but to promote fair and equal game play
    actually, gaming is not a job, and it's also not a civil rights movement.

...and speak up when inequalities are found.
    yeah, i'm pretty sure that's what Shye was doing! Life's a 2 way street, don't be a hypocrite.
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™

This thread went downhill fast in the last two pages.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Techmagos View Post

yeah, i'm pretty sure that's what Shye was doing! Life's a 2 way street, don't be a hypocrite.
    For the remainder of the Ao pop, it is their job, at least the ones who care to see a future with the Anarchy Online series, if you don't care about, you shouldn't even be posting. :P

Secondly, she was saying that we should be fine with the direction of Ao is headed, did you not read what I or she typed? Her post wasn't about adding constructive criticism or a tweaking NSD, it was about leaving it in as is. If you disagree, say you disagree and be done with it, if a person cannot give solid arguments other then theory and conjecture, they are not really adding anything to the argument in the first place, and for the trolls using a relating word in my current post, using theory isn't the same as displaying its mechanic, so slow your quick reply boats. In short, post something that is a FACT to argue, then give a chance for the OP to respond with a rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    This thread went downhill fast in the last two pages.
    I totally agree, if people disagree with the post and want to dance around the bush about why they disagree ( I can only assume its their nem prof, or easy farm prof), they should straight up say, I disagree with this entire post, and be done with it. I have given my reasons why I believe it should be nerfed. They have not given accurate rebuttals.

The game is a job for a ton of people: All the passionate ARKs volunteering, the devs who are all ex-players, the professionals, and many others.

If this games has been going for over 9 years, there's a reason.

Really interesting to wait for the engie nano change documents. Taking bets on who will win the topic of this thread. House wins if it's neither.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

For the remainder of the Ao pop, it is their job, at least the ones who care to see a future with the Anarchy Online series, if you don't care about, you shouldn't even be posting. :P
    your opinion is pretty much worthless, why do you think i will in any way listen to your advice or directions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    The game is a job for a ton of people: All the passionate ARKs volunteering, the devs who are all ex-players, the professionals, and many others.

If this games has been going for over 9 years, there's a reason.
    ive been paying to play this game nonstop for over 4 and a half years, and while i contribute to the games direction via feedback, its NOT a job. maybe you need to step back a second and read what i posted, in relation to the quote. i pay to play AO, and i do not get payed for my services. this makes me a "customer" not an "employee". it was stated that "our job as gamers" and thats just total horsecrap. if its a job, you get payed. simple. i would like to point out, that part of your list includes paid FC employees, to them, yes, its a job. to the rest, its a "labor of love". while there is indeed work involved, work !=job.

Secondly, she was saying that we should be fine with the direction of Ao is headed, did you not read what I or she typed? Her post wasn't about adding constructive criticism or a tweaking NSD, it was about leaving it in as is. If you disagree, say you disagree and be done with it.
    i read everything, and i agree with Shye, and not you. also, you dont get to tell me or anyone how to post, what to post, or anything else, because YOU dont make up the rules, and acting like you do just makes you look foolish.
    Last edited by Techmagos; Oct 1st, 2010 at 21:51:39.
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent

rk1>rk2™

Nothing has to start out logical to be considered logical, thats the whole idea of Chaos theory. Our jobs as gamers isn't to accept whatever is given, but to promote fair and equal game play, and speak up when inequalities are found. FC doesn't have an approach, they have ideas, but no mmo developer said hey fans, this is what the game is going to be, you don't like it, leave. No their marketers and investors have an army trying to figure out what the fans want. Same as I wouldn't go into a Deli who only offered grilled cheese sandwiches, cause their vision was grilled cheese all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory -Ref
    Wow Chaos Theory? LAWL. Smart guys here. Ok, let's talk then.

Anyways, as a player you might feel inclined to speak out against mechanics you feel aren't reasonable, but if I think about other competitive games of any type, that's not typical. In fact, it would be rather unconventional to have the players tell the people that manage/establish the rules of a game to have that influence to a significant degree, simply because they are biased. In fact, I can think of MANY instances where the established rules or changes to them go against the thinking of the players because in general, people are reluctant to change, especially in games where they have learned an optimized their playing of that game with the current state of the rules.

So no, it's not our job, priviledge, right, etc... to do what you are saying. As a gamer, our 'job' is to play the game within the rules set by it. Anything beyond that is a luxury that FC grants you and you shouldn't for a second think that they need to listen to us. They do it because it's a smart thing to do and they decide who's making sense. If you want to make an impact in that development model, you WILL acknowledge your position in it, learn to communicate and recognize that opposition to current trends will get very limited bandwidth from FC.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 1st, 2010 at 21:49:17.

ive been paying to play this game nonstop for over 4 and a half years, and while i contribute to the games direction via feedback, its NOT a job. maybe you need to step back a second and read what i posted, in relation to the quote. i pay to play AO, and i do not get payed for my services. this makes me a "customer" not an "employee". it was stated that "our job as gamers" and thats just total horsecrap. if its a job, you get payed. simple. i would like to point out, that part of your list includes paid FC employees, to them, yes, its a job. to the rest, its a "labor of love". while there is indeed work involved, work !=job.
    Just as the most of us, however for others this game is also about producing side material such as maintaining web sites, maintaining add-ons. It's not rewarded work, it's there nevertheless. You people take everything for granted, and don't realize there are people out there working evenings and week-ends on the tools you use.

Anyway back to topic.

What did Shye say? He said that no engi without pets could kill him. So?

You people take everything for granted, and don't realize there are people out there working evenings and week-ends on the tools you use.
    you couldnt be more wrong.
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent

rk1>rk2™

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Wow Chaos Theory? LAWL. Smart guys here. Ok, let's talk then.

Anyways, as a player you might feel inclined to speak out against mechanics you feel aren't reasonable, but if I think about other competitive games of any type, that's not typical. In fact, it would be rather unconventional to have the players tell the people that manage/establish the rules of a game to have that influence to a significant degree, simply because they are biased. In fact, I can think of MANY instances where the established rules or changes to them go against the thinking of the players because in general, people are reluctant to change, especially in games where they have learned an optimized their playing of that game with the current state of the rules.

So no, it's not our job, priviledge, right, etc... to do what you are saying. As a gamer, our 'job' is to play the game within the rules set by it. Anything beyond that is a luxury that FC grants you and you shouldn't for a second think that they need to listen to us. They do it because it's a smart thing to do and they decide who's making sense. If you want to make an impact in that development model, you WILL acknowledge your position in it, learn to communicate and recognize that opposition to current trends will get very limited bandwidth from FC.

Well the rules of any mmo are dynamic and fluid, it isn't like a single player game where rules are clustered around a specific dynamic story theme. In an mmo the world is always changing, from what I have heard they are completely changing the scenery to reflect the storyline in WOW for the next expansion pack.

So I would have to disagree, most things today in age that are in the retail area are created by an audience, they call it "Market Demand", when you listen to the demand, you make your money, when you don't well you know. One of the best things about players abilities to ask for changes is... Here it is... not permanent. Like BS levels, if they aren't working they can always be changed. So whatever choices that are screamed, sung, shouted from the highest cliff tops, and under the deepest ocean trenches inside submarine with satellite internet, it can always be changed back. If I start being able to kill engineers as fast as an NT double/triple kills me, I will be the first to /sign your petition that the nerf isn't working and provide my experience with why and how.

I come to games to experience the challenge of doing the hard things, yes I bring up that I am a NM a lot, I apologize, but almost from the beginning I was told NM and SOL don't mix, that its impossible to get a good fighter out of one. I am happy to say those people were wrong, and I thank the people who encouraged me to continue my journey. So what I am trying to say is, I love the challenge, of the system, but I will call shinanigans when I feel another player is simply killing me way too easily through a few short strokes. I appreciate the sensible response btw, I am always glad to have a good old fashioned debate with points I can listen to and relate to.

you couldnt be more wrong.
    I hope.

your opinion is pretty much worthless, why do you think i will in any way listen to your advice or directions?

i read everything, and i agree with Shye, and not you. also, you dont get to tell me or anyone how to post, what to post, or anything else, because YOU dont make up the rules, and acting like you do just makes you look foolish.

The fact your posting in here about the balance = Work. Unless your just having fun trolling, then thats different. Have you ever heard someone tell you its your job to pick out the best candidate, be it a president or prime minister, or whatever you have as head of state, to have the most effective government possible, have you ever heard of voting with your wallet? All those symbolize working transactions made by the ordinary customer to influence overall procedure. I'm sure there are some countries that adapt a Monarchical society, and umm... aren't dictatorships great...

I hope.
    No. He's wrong, a friend of mine spent a while adding broken segments, as well as adding on more abilities to Seb's old bot client. Without the source code.

No I meant, I hope people are not taking everything for granted. Some are working hard on this game.. just look at the maps, all those new icons, etc.

Also as a side note, I would like to reference the new default map as an excellent example of player made change for the better. I think it attracts far more players then the other one. The original was just painful to look at.

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast