Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give us Full ipr and free single ipr. reason? all the inc changes! :)

Give us Full ipr and free single ipr. reason? all the inc changes! :)

as title says, its simple and easy, give us full ipr and some single ipr. dont force us to buy ipr now. not evryone wanna use irl creds in a game. and its not our fault you change the game, even thou it might be for the better.
    some single ipr and full ipr would be realy welcome now. hopefuly 1 now soon and 1 after balance patch. just let players test out some stuff and prepare for the big changes you have inc.

wtb free bumps or flames :P both welcome if it makes the silly thread alive

Means has confirmed that full ipr is coming toghether with the balancing changes
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Full IPRs last forever, and they are introduced pretty much every time they do major balancing or new content.

Anyway if you have one left use it before you get new one...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

was hopeing to get a new one before rebalance, since its xmas season soon, i wanna retweink a few players before xmas is kicking in

You can buy one I think. Otherwise, I don't see the need.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    was hopeing to get a new one before rebalance, since its xmas season soon, i wanna retweink a few players before xmas is kicking in
    Stop being lazy and work for them...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Test server exists for a reason. You went from needing a full IPR for the incoming changes (which again, there is test server) to wanting one just because you want to rewtink before Christmas this year.

Full IPRs should be available for free at all times and in unlimited amounts. What is it you fear from people doing full IPRs? You have to unequip every single item anyways. All it would do is make experimenting with different styles and setups possible. And not on the test servers.
    Musha Emaan Boom - 220/20 Adventurer
    West Empaya Athens - 220/26 Fixer
    Anti Rainking Anti 207/21 Keeper
    Forever Sneakez Whatever - Agent
    Uptown Pooncat Girl - 150 MP!

All members of Equilibrium

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pivits View Post
    Full IPRs should be available for free at all times and in unlimited amounts. What is it you fear from people doing full IPRs? You have to unequip every single item anyways. All it would do is make experimenting with different styles and setups possible. And not on the test servers.
    Bump for this. There is no reason to keep limiting people from experimenting different setups. The requirement to strip a toon fully from implants and gear (you even have to empty your social tab, 0mg!!!) already acts as a limiting factor. So even with the new easy perk resets around, you wouldn't see people IP resetting twice a week if those were available easier than now.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Full IPRs should be available for free at all times and in unlimited amounts.
    Why?

What is it you fear from people doing full IPRs? You have to unequip every single item anyways.
    What is it you fear from having to farm IPRs? The fact that there are extra ways to get IPRs in game rather than just handing it to everyone and saying "go nuts" says more for the thought about IPR than this collective thread, including myself, has put into it.

All it would do is make experimenting with different styles and setups possible. And not on the test servers.
    Problem with test server? You can experiment with new styles and setups there, without giving someone on live the ability to go from this to that in a few minutes of work (and accompanying perk reset if they can afford it/timer is down).

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    Why?
    This game is already packed with things to farm. I dont mind farming for items, xp & axp. IPRs on the other hand. As a paying customer of a game you should have complete freedom to reconfigure your toon at all times. It gives you ZERO advantage over anyone or anything in this game to fIPR so why should it be so limited?

Lets hear real arguments against full IPR - "go on test" is not one. It's not always just about testing stuff. Maybe you want to swap to another type of weapon? Why shouldnt you be allowed to do this as it suits you? Anarchy Online has a great number of viable weapons & combos for a large number of proffesions and they should be able to swap between these as they please because as mentioned above there are NO advantages over other players to do so.
    Musha Emaan Boom - 220/20 Adventurer
    West Empaya Athens - 220/26 Fixer
    Anti Rainking Anti 207/21 Keeper
    Forever Sneakez Whatever - Agent
    Uptown Pooncat Girl - 150 MP!

All members of Equilibrium

The danger of unlimted fIPR would be Vae Victus claiming theyre in one everytime they die in pvp.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Hey a question on the matter:
    If I already have my Full IPR and we get the new one from rebalancing, do they stack? Or will I be given an item instead?
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

u get no item, and they dont stack. need to use it upp before balance kicks in. or you only have 1

So basicaly, you ask for a IPR due to inc chages, but you want it before ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I dont need one before the world is turned upside down, so you're out of luck. Sounds about as reasonable as "because I want one", doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Bump for this. There is no reason to keep limiting people from experimenting different setups. The requirement to strip a toon fully from implants and gear (you even have to empty your social tab, 0mg!!!) already acts as a limiting factor. So even with the new easy perk resets around, you wouldn't see people IP resetting twice a week if those were available easier than now.
    What we always liked about AO is that you have to think a little bit farther than the tip of your nose. The bunch of full IPRs we got over the last couple of years is about as far as they should go with one more for the upcoming disaster.

The worn out "I like to experiment" argument isnt valid. Use your brains and weed out the crappy ideas. It takes no rocket scientist to predict what is going to work and what not.

If you want extras, farm 'em or buy 'em. Easy as that.
    ಠ_ಠ

''The worn out "I like to experiment" argument isnt valid. Use your brains and weed out the crappy ideas. It takes no rocket scientist to predict what is going to work and what not.''

lol @ you. there has been many setups people did belive were a joke that turnd out to be werry OP. i dont know what you do when you play ao, but its obvious you dont pay much attention. so what are you doing in this thread?

This game is already packed with things to farm. I dont mind farming for items, xp & axp. IPRs on the other hand. As a paying customer of a game you should have complete freedom to reconfigure your toon at all times. It gives you ZERO advantage over anyone or anything in this game to fIPR so why should it be so limited?
    You already do have the freedom to reconfigure your toon/toons at any point in time that you want to. How hard are you willing to work to reconfigure it? It gives you zero advantage you say, so what have you a doc, let's say, to go from melee to ranged and back at will, or let's take my shade for instance, to go from MA/piercing to full piercing and back because I can find a way to make it more useful per fight? I'm not talking about pvm either. If you want it, work for it.

Lets hear real arguments against full IPR - "go on test" is not one. It's not always just about testing stuff. Maybe you want to swap to another type of weapon? Why shouldnt you be allowed to do this as it suits you? Anarchy Online has a great number of viable weapons & combos for a large number of proffesions and they should be able to swap between these as they please because as mentioned above there are NO advantages over other players to do so.
    On the flipside, let's hear real arguments for it - "I shouldn't have to go on test" is not one. I do it on test like anyone else who deals with reconfiguring setups (protip, you can ask for IPRs on test, whether or not you'll be granted one is another thing). Why should you be allowed to do this as it suits you? You can, you just need to farm the pre-requisite VP to afford the resets or do S42 (or any other variant I missed, I haven't had to do too many IPRs thankfully). The chance to change setups at will only leads to the same crap as soldiers going NR8 just before dueling traders or NTs, only now you're reconfiguring weapons. Docs that UBT and using melee weapons to interrupt nano casting (provided the nano caster hasn't given his or herself the coolant sink treatment). That's 1 possibility, and I'm fairly certain that there are many more that I have yet to consider.

But again, why do you think FC didn't put those unlimited IPRs for paying customers in already? They made it possible to never sit in 1 configuration, but why did they make it so you have to have effort?

When AO was originally launched, spending your IP was supposed to be something that you had to think about very carefully since you couldn't undo it.

Then IPR came into play and it's still the same boat. You only have so many IPR to use and you still had to carefully considered exactly which direction you were intended to play.

With the launch of Alien Invansion (I think) full IPRs were launched and people had a 1 time deal to start over completely because of the changes that were going to happen. You still had to consider carefully which direction you wanted to go but if it didn't work for you, you still had normal IPR to either switch back to your setup before or try something else.

When ever there's been a large scale change in the game dynamics, FC has given us the opportunity to try out new things. In previous years IPR were ONLY available as a set amount and once you used them, you couldn't get anymore. Now people can buy them either through the itemstore, using in-game creds to purchase them. FC will likely give us the full IPR with the balance changes but I doubt they would give us free IPR with them already available in-game.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast