Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 23rd, 2010 - Incoming

Funcom employee Friday with Means - April 23rd, 2010 - Incoming

I thought this week we would focus on what is done rather than what is not. This update has been a very significant undertaking and we hope to see this update hit the live servers inside the next two weeks. A new version will arrive on Test hopefully late this evening.

18.3.2 Preliminary Update Notes

New Content:

The Collector Instance:

A new, and very challenging, single-team instance has been added to the entrance of Pandemonium. Who will be first to tackle these three very difficult encounters? Who will be the first to steal from the ultimate collection of hidden treasures?

Bring your very best and try to survive the most difficult small-group experience we have ever released.

The Daily Mission System:

The new Daily Mission System is now available. The first Daily Missions in this first release are available for Rubi-Ka only and will offer players of all levels an alternative and effective way to progress with significant rewards including XP, Victory Points, and Tokens. Daily Missions are available from sided agencies in Old Athens, Rome Blue and daily PvP Mission in a hidden location in Borealis.

NPC Changes:

NPCs falling off the land in Shadowlands will now properly return to their spawn points.

Alien Pathing and landing sites for many, many cities have been modified and improved.

SAM Batteries are now subject to normal player damage and have reduced health values.

Unicorns near Borealis will no longer abandon their posts to harass low level players inside Borealis.

Euminedes has retreated deeper into the Abandoned Subway.

Subway bosses should now have faster respawn.

Item/Nano Changes:

Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material should no longer be NoDrop.

Stiletto Yalm orientation has been corrected for easier flying.

Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect have been significantly altered as a first step in the balancing process for the Trader Profession.

Clan players should now also receive two shoulderpads as a reward for start-up island quests.

The Rihwen MP pet no longer requires the Alien Invasion expansion to cast.

Durable Bandages LE Adventurer proc is now correctly instant.

Carlo Pinnetti's suit has been re-tailored.

Bring the Pain perk should no longer cause an extended death period if the user dies while this perk is in cooldown. (Also known as the "Forever death bug on the BS".)

NCU Hacker interface should now level to 220 (previously stopped at 200).

Other Changes:

All equipment tabs can be locked by selecting "Lock equipment tabs" in the GUI > Misc section of the F10 Menu.

Free players should now have access to all organization buildings to participate in organization activities. Items inside will remain usable by expansion players only (ie: orbital strike terminals).

Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root.

Coast of Peace and Coast of Tranquility playfields have now been hooked into the Grid.

Client to server sync has been tightened to more accurately display the correct location of player characters.

Hitting the "end" button in a blank chat window line should no longer "end" your client session.

Players should now correctly get the head they choose in character creation.

Concealment/Perception Mechanic changes:

- The shadow of concealed players should no longer display to others.

- All Concealment type messages (eg: "PlayerX tried to hide but failed") will no longer display in chat.

- Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

vid or didnt happen!... oh wait no info about engine ><

wait... no netural dialy missions terminals apart of pvp ones? shame.
    Last edited by unback; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 15:06:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

2nd , oh wait already 3d...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Close 4th..

Okay, some interesting changes there..

"Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root." <- this.... scares me..
    Last edited by TheMekon; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 15:00:41.

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

´lo Means

1st. Page

front page!
    all of those updates looks good, but I hope Riwhen is locked to level 220, else the froobs would be rolling MPs left and right.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 15:02:30.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Means, there have also been changes to the Pet Window GUI interface.
    Last edited by Technogen; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 15:05:23.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Looks very, very good. I'm especially looking forward to the sync changes!

much goodness!
    220/30 Ranged Advy, Neut 'n proud of it. Moxet
    220/25 NT Moxilla
    220/29 Moxdacrat
    150/14 Doc
    200/18 MP
    various other bits n bobs

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.

Oh so I can't get pulled out of concealment by a soldier anymore?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

first page too
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    front page!
    all of those updates looks good, but I hope Riwhen is locked to level 220, else the froobs would be rolling MPs left and right.
    All that is being removed is the

Code:
    User 	Expansion sets 	& Alien Invasion
    the

Code:
    User 	Time and space 	>= 2040 	and
    User 	Matter creation 	>= 2045 	and
    User 	Specialization 	& Fourth 	and
    User 	Level 	>= 220
    Will still be there..

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Page 1

So fixers get nanoskill lub? Interesting.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Apr 23rd, 2010 at 15:12:02.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

With there being no daily missions people in Borealis wont this make it harder for new starting out neutrals to find it/take them longer to get to compared to Omni and Clan who have it in their main cities where new people start out.

Other than that, nice update. no pics? :/

Wow, early update.

The Boss Summon 10 Second root does scare me, seems to make the situation worse rather than better.

Locking the equipment tabs is good, but I think it's really individual pieces of equipment that need to be locked, not the whole tab, either that or a more flexible system where the player can choose which slot a piece of equipment will auto-equip to.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast