Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 9th, 2010 - New faces, Old faces

Umm, about not being on the list, yes they are

Edit: blah got pwned on that one good sir
    Ripcraty//ripblunt//ripengi (frooby)//ripshadey

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    My legions of unbelievers grow more powerful with each passing day. Mwahahahaha
    Put your faith in the divine, and you shall be redeemed!
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

The heads look defenetly "asianized". Most eyes, shape of heads, some noses. Can we please have some diversity? After all we are looking at diferent species.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Unfortunately Mr. Hu misspelled "head" on the first new nanomage head. Good grief.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Unfortunately Mr. Hu misspelled "head" on the first new nanomage head. Good grief.
    Thankfully Mr. Hu is likely paid to draw stuff, not write
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

or Mr Hu did it on purpose so that he would have 2 saved files. *shrug* Odds are the 1st though. But he's Chinese so I will give his mastery of the English language a pass.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I don't even know what the Mandarin or Cantonese word is for "head"

*insert obvious 5-dollah-joke here*
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Dang, no new info about engine. Too bad. I am frozed with all accounts since december... Seems like no progres since last short video posted that time
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    The heads look defenetly "asianized". Most eyes, shape of heads, some noses. Can we please have some diversity? After all we are looking at diferent species.
    I've noticed that every single female face looks like they have been savagely penetrated by a botox needle.

I mean... angelina jolie could pull it off, but a whole army of them makes it look cheap and overused.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I don't even know what the Mandarin or Cantonese word is for "head"

*insert obvious 5-dollah-joke here*
    Its 'Tou' in mandarin, according to my translation book on my desk.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The winner of 'least desireable' head...phew, the whole 'Grill is tore up from the floor up' statement got a whole new horrible meaning. No wonder nobody uses it. Retainer/braces/Grill jokes ahoy!

I respectfully disagree, for instance the solitus female head definitely isn't asian looking at all.

And that female opifex head is actually brilliant IMO.

Probably a stupid question, but would it not be possible to release the most stable version of the new client you have and just patch in new stuff as you complete it?Some new is better than no new at all. People that wanted to run the old client could just not upgrade. Seems that you'll have to leave the old one live for a while anyway for all the people that don't have systems that support the new client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjin View Post
    I'm falling further and further away from what I thought my fixer was and why I loved it.

The only head coming across as a bit too asian for me right now is the nanomage female. I can understand how the Opifex may come across that way (and also for one of the above posters' botox comment), but if its meant to be the upgraded version of the head I am thinking of, I think its an excellent representation.

Remember, these are only one out of <insert number I cant be bothered to look up right now> per breed, there are still many more to see before we can judge them being too "asian".

They have already stated that the new engine won't arrive until a new 'New user Experience' has been in place and thoroughly tested and debugged. Watch for that to hit live before bothering to ask "Is the engine ready yet?"

On the other hand, as soon as they have a stable Client that can be distributed, I think there would be a lot to gain from letting a variety of ppl on a test server for the new engine so they can get an early heads-up on how it is doing on a variety of hardware and help direct their focus in the tweaking process.

Heads looking good to me - can't see any of this 'Asianisation' thats been mentioned - they look like fairly direct ports of original models with obvious - va va voom. Keep em coming!

The trox head looks a bit asian to me... But of course the real question, when will they start on the solitus asian heads? I'm realy interested on how that would look.

Heads look great means. only two heads I can see asian in distinctly:

1) the right image for "nanomage male head 1" is definitely asian
    2) the "nanomage female " is definitely asian as well

the opifex female looks opifex, the trox is just squinting his eyes cuz cuz hes got bad gas like all atroxes do.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Epicantic folding in most of the eyes, configuration of the lower part of the nose (opening of the nostrils), rounded heads. It looks like asian models where used as base models. All good and fine. Just that a little bit more work and attention to detail could give a greater identity to each species. Right now they look like members of the same species and even of the same race. Considering that we have distinct anatomical features on existing human races and plenty of proof of even more differentiation on extinct species, it seems to me that the configuration of the heads should have bigger variations.

In simpler terms, it means that it isnt enough to stretch the ears of a slim european face to make an elf. Neanderthals where obviously humans but they had a distinct configuration of the face, head and body. This kind of difference should exist between the diferent species.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast