Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 9th, 2010 - New faces, Old faces

So now we know what to roll to be unpopular choise, but it might become very popular for new alts ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Good to see some steady progress. How many heads at the bottom of that list will get replaced by something 'new'?

And for the head that's only seen 51 uses, how many are on active chars?

FYI, some of the remodeled rings are already on testlive - very nice looking. Also some suitably disgusting 'half digested' parts.
    Last edited by Dagget; Apr 9th, 2010 at 17:21:34.

oo shinies
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Melinea View Post
    Sorry Sir... Can't allow you in. Seems you're not on "The List"

seems to be first on the list

lol, someone put the AO engine on that vaporware wiki i see

very nice heads, the soli female head looks like the one i'm using for my doc, she'll love it (the few times she gets attention that is )

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by chickeepie View Post
    Rofl, added today.

Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.

-- Michael Scott, The Office (American version)

Imho the trox head looks like a George Foreman ripoff.

Sweet, I love these weekly updates!

Quote Originally Posted by chickeepie View Post
    I loled.
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

very impressive how fast the heads are getting done. I most like the in progress of smoothing head Hope the rest of the heads are rolling out in the next two weeks so bodies can be completed and stuffed into the new engine. Next step after heads? model assets reexamine and modeling? Texture once overs? Weapon rendering from the original high poly models they were made from to upgrade all weapon models across the board? Smoothing the landscape? Rebaking all misssion maps from RK and SL into the new engine and finding all the holes you can fall through, ceilings you can jump through, and walls you can lean against and find yourself in the dead space? I really hope the last one happens before the engine launchs.
    Deadly Whispers member since 2005
    Deadly Whispers President since 2010

Opinions are like butts - everyone has one and they all stink

I thought you had 2 artist working on the playfields (from previous FWM) starting with Bor. I would have though that after one or two playfield most of the grass textures would have been done. So there really is not two artist working full time on playfield textures?

Heads look great.

Though I am getting concerned with all this new stuff getting crammed in the engine that the new client is not going to run great on a lot of players computers. At this point it would be nice to know what minimum spec you are targeting.

Also we all know SL is much harder on the current client than RK is. Have any of the SL playfields been testing or view on the new engine yet? I know you posted that the tools were not ready to address the SL playfields. So are they being worked on at all yet?

It is April and with balance coming before the engine it is getting kinda of a stretch to think we will see the engine this year.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    It is April and with balance coming before the engine it is getting kinda of a stretch to think we will see the engine this year.
    We better, since he said last week it will be live this year. If not, it's just another thing to add to the pile of lies FC has dished out over the years. There's so many, it doesn't even matter when they lie anymore, it's just expected.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

My legions of unbelievers grow more powerful with each passing day. Mwahahahaha
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Means, I am disappoint. Those heads look horrible across the board. Please inform your farmed out labor that females in AO are supposed to be pretty.

Serious question tho!

When are you gonna fix the fact that a 219 does line 9/10 research faster than a 220?
    The grind is long enough, how about not penalizing people for dinging 220?

Viz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Will the Collector Instance have a level lock?

My NM head looks sad now Still WTB whole visor glowing and not just the eyes, looks like hes wearing the visor for the fun of it, not because he needs it :\
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Nice update. Gotta love an update that has a lot of pictures in it

The female heads makes them look a bit "bitchy". Like.. they got some attitude
    Most of that is probably due to lack of textures and finished eyes though.

It's pretty fun being a fan of AO these days. So much to look forward to. New instance sounds fun and I love that fact that it sounds like you were thinking "outside the box" when designing it. Graphics engie and new models will make AO feel fresh and hopefully attract a lot of new and old players. The heads may not end up looking exactly the same as the old ones and they might have a different feel than the old ones but this is ok and it is to be expected. We will adapt to visual changes. Daily mission-system can and will be a great addition/platform for interesting content in AO. Balance patches, though they will cause a lot of whining and such, will make the gameplay feel fresh in much the same way as the new graphics will make the world feel fresh.

It's actually quite incredible how we can still be this excited about a game almost 10 YEARS later. I mean honestly, think about it. What other games can you think of that has this impact on people? Even people that whine, me included, seem to do so because they care. If they didn't care they would just be silent.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 9th, 2010 at 17:35:37.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I dunno, stick ball was pretty sweet.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast