Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FC's Vision for Rebalancing - Traders

Alright, kiddos (and Amaterasu ), in case you missed it, though I don't know why you would, today's Friday with Means reveals new changes to BR and GTH... and they're actually pretty spiffy!

Here we go:

Borrow Reflect
    1) Universal use, target is correct if the target has more than 24% reflects.
    2) Debuffs 30% for 15 seconds.
    3) Buffs 30% for 60 seconds.

Grand Theft Humidity
    1) 15% of the target's nanopool will be stripped every second for 15 seconds, irregardless of opponent's profession.
    2) 10% of our nanopool will be restored every second for 15 seconds.
    3) There is a new cooldown period of 1 minute.
    4) As before, GTH will terminate on opponent if the Trader dies.

There's still some room for comment, and a couple people including myself are hoping for a cooldown on Borrow Reflect, but as of now this is way more progress than I ever hoped for. Opinions! Comments! Do it nao!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Meh, Lust's GTH idea was a lot better. I guess we need to see it in action though.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Meh, Lust's GTH idea was a lot better. I guess we need to see it in action though.
    *signed*

Our professionals have to push lusthornes idea alot more.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Lusthorne's idea was presented as an option to the Devs, and I will ask them if it was truly considered when they made their finalized idea, and what they thought about it.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Lusthorne's idea was presented as an option to the Devs, and I will ask them if it was truly considered when they made their finalized idea, and what they thought about it.
    finnaly some daylight!! and situational use for these ridicoulous nanos.

well they will still have godmode, they will just be more tolerable now..BR changes were a nice letdown..

I'm chuckling quietly at myself about everyone who complained about NT reflect piercing nukes....they're going away, GTH is being toned down...NTs would have been an ideal threat to Traders with 60% reflects.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I'm chuckling quietly at myself about everyone who complained about NT reflect piercing nukes....they're going away, GTH is being toned down...NTs would have been an ideal threat to Traders with 60% reflects.
    The combinations open to them for their new nanoweaving concept may have a partial or full reflect pierce included within, for all we know; so there's no guarantee that it's going away.

The combinations open to them for their new nanoweaving concept may have a partial or full reflect pierce included within, for all we know; so there's no guarantee that it's going away.
    Indeed, however I'm only commenting on the current facts, as opposed to speculation of what might be.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

The amount of whines these changes are generating is amazing.
    Especially from soldiers that only need to press tracer before the wrfpwn the trader.
    As for me, i will probably IPR to a tradeskilling toon and PVP on soldier only when changes hit live.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    I really cba if the trader rips my rffe off, but adding that to themselves is too much really. With shutdown skills, NBD, drains, yeeiyf they are hard enough to kill. Adding a 30% reflect on top of that is plain silly. It should add like 5% reflects or something to the trader.
    If you go to the store and expect to get a good deal on an expensive TV, and the dealer says "well, I can give you 5% off", would you buy it? Of course not, because 5% is NOTHING. And if BR would only debuff/buff 5%, nobody would ever use it. Hence, a waste of database space and developer's time.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

Alright, kiddos (and Amaterasu ), in case you missed it, though I don't know why you would, today's Friday with Means reveals new changes to BR and GTH... and they're actually pretty spiffy!

Here we go:

Borrow Reflect
    1) Universal use, target is correct if the target has more than 24% reflects.
    2) Debuffs 30% for 15 seconds.
    3) Buffs 30% for 60 seconds.

Grand Theft Humidity
    1) 15% of the target's nanopool will be stripped every second for 15 seconds, irregardless of opponent's profession.
    2) 10% of our nanopool will be restored every second for 15 seconds.
    3) There is a new cooldown period of 1 minute.
    4) As before, GTH will terminate on opponent if the Trader dies.

There's still some room for comment, and a couple people including myself are hoping for a cooldown on Borrow Reflect, but as of now this is way more progress than I ever hoped for. Opinions! Comments! Do it nao!
    still not good enough...makin br universal? thats as ghey as it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    still not good enough...makin br universal? thats as ghey as it gets...
    First of all - "ghey" isn't appropriate.

Second of all - This statement hasn't added anything to the discussion, like a lot of the statements you've tossed on these threads.

Knock it off.

--------

Let's get back to discussion and less whining.

I still think GTH's positive buff should last 60 seconds to help keep the trader viable after NBD (otherwise I feel NBD will become like it was when it first was introduced - not very useful), while BR's possibly shouldn't last so long without some lockout.

I also believe BR should have a lockout of as long as the positive buff to twice as long as the positive buff to prevent the Trader from easily keeping high reflects up. I think I'd like to see the duration of the positive buff on BR to go to 30 seconds, with a 60 second lockout. Or if 60 seconds, lockout of 2 minutes. It might be better to keep it this length with a 2 minute lockout so that once we do land it - it will last long enough to make a difference on a specific battle, considering I don't believe we'll be having short battles after all the changes take place.
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Anyone noticed that "new GTH" empties your nanopool faster than the old GTH and keeps it emptier far more aggressively than the old GTH?

All that has changed is the duration.

With Old GTH, unless you were really unlucky to have nanodelta tick followed by a drain tick almost immediately, you had a 2 second window to pop a stim then fire something.

New GTH, the window is smaller, at one second.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

^^ That sounds exactly as it should work TBH. And everyone though it was OPed the old way. LAWL! That's what happens when people cry nerfs on stuff. They have this misconception that it will be made to their liking when the reality is that they give FC license to go the other way.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ That sounds exactly as it should work TBH. And everyone though it was OPed the old way. LAWL! That's what happens when people cry nerfs on stuff. They have this misconception that it will be made to their liking when the reality is that they give FC license to go the other way.
    Except they've decided, or so we hear, to make nano management more of an issue.

If you think, logically, that a nano with effects that were overpowered, should be revamped to be even more powerful, well then what's the weather like on your planet?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

If you think, logically, that a nano with effects that were overpowered, should be revamped to be even more powerful, well then what's the weather like on your planet?
    I'm picturing a massive demonstration outside funcom's HQ in Oslo if this hits live in it's current form :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotehnpoir View Post
    First of all - "ghey" isn't appropriate.

Second of all - This statement hasn't added anything to the discussion, like a lot of the statements you've tossed on these threads.

Knock it off.

--------

Let's get back to discussion and less whining.

I still think GTH's positive buff should last 60 seconds to help keep the trader viable after NBD (otherwise I feel NBD will become like it was when it first was introduced - not very useful), while BR's possibly shouldn't last so long without some lockout.

I also believe BR should have a lockout of as long as the positive buff to twice as long as the positive buff to prevent the Trader from easily keeping high reflects up. I think I'd like to see the duration of the positive buff on BR to go to 30 seconds, with a 60 second lockout. Or if 60 seconds, lockout of 2 minutes. It might be better to keep it this length with a 2 minute lockout so that once we do land it - it will last long enough to make a difference on a specific battle, considering I don't believe we'll be having short battles after all the changes take place.
    the penalty for nbd is "depletion" u cant bypass that; its the same for nts; if traders get a fix to

nanobot depletion nts should also. Nts are said "Masters of Notum"; but it takes a considerable amount of time to refill our nanopool after nbg. And Nbg is not even effective at all if a trader around. Nanopool powers nbg, no nano= no nt defense. Some of the things u guys are askin for are unrealistic. Im all for traders gettin a defense to help mitigate "some" damage

Like i said, nanobot depletion is a side effect and if fc is gonna find a way to psuedo fix it via gth then some aspects of nt nano regen needs to be addressed..

Quote Originally Posted by ameratsu View Post
    Like i said, nanobot depletion is a side effect and if fc is gonna find a way to psuedo fix it via gth then some aspects of nt nano regen needs to be addressed..
    Great ... so make a post about it ... in the NT forums. I don't want to be critical of the Trader devs because they have to put up with alot of crap but you guys know how to and have authority to moderate these forums. Please do so.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    If you go to the store and expect to get a good deal on an expensive TV, and the dealer says "well, I can give you 5% off", would you buy it? Of course not, because 5% is NOTHING. And if BR would only debuff/buff 5%, nobody would ever use it. Hence, a waste of database space and developer's time.
    lol if you think -30% reflects on a target is useless you kinda need to l2p. I never said debuff 5%, I said it can debuff the 30% but the trader should get like 5% reflects.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast