Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    They're not... Which kinda sux
    shade dots partially are affected.
    but our first "tick" is actually a nuke and that takes nanodamage modifiers in count.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Having to twink weapons:

a) isn't as true anymore but is still a hassle for alot of people (especially MA docs due to lack of MR on Alpha symbs) ... however ...

b) should NEVER be what makes the doc take time switching.

Hopefully the deck is equipped in a non-twinked slot and simply has a very long equip delay and/or gives a durational debuff. Those are much better mechanics for this.
    Completely off topic, just had to post when reading this. I wish weapons were holsterable and possible to wear two sets.

New gfx engine, sexy opifex, visible holstered pistols and tampering with nanodec to push healing and debuffing to max, then put away the nanodec and draw the pistols from the hip, rifle or melee weapons from the back etc, with a 10 second delay or something and start shooting when the situation is more under control :-)

As of now, the doctor pistols are a bit hassle still to equip both, twink it on and still be able to use nanodec depending on the situation.

I can dream :-D
    Last edited by dockwagon; Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:32:09.
    Stop thinking of MMORPGS as girlfriends, think of them as a harem and just enjoy todays favourite.

A tranquilizer gun would be purrfect as a doctor cyberdeck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    A tranquilizer gun would be purrfect as a doctor cyberdeck!
    with a stacking small init debuff having say 25% chance to land on hit (unbreakable, lasts 20 sec or until refreshed, stacks with ubt)

Proc hit? Unremoveable debuff? Chance vs OnDemand... Those are exactly what I think we should move away from.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

What I'd want from a "cyberdeck", is lotsa nanoinit. Prefer BM and/or MC as attack rating so we can actually hit something.
    If any procs it should be like what the Dreadloch Combat Remodulator (crappy dmg) does, only to nr instead of evades, every hit.
    Last edited by Hatech; Apr 28th, 2010 at 12:39:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    What I'd want from a "cyberdeck", is lotsa nanoinit. Prefer BM and/or MC as attack rating so we can actually hit something.
    If any procs it should be like what the Dreadloch Combat Remodulator (crappy dmg) does, only to nr instead of evades, every hit.
    That and better nano AR would be nice...

I'm still waiting to see what they come up with... Been ages since we last heard anything from them on any balancing matters.
    I'm pretty sure they've all been stuck on the daily missions / Collector instance and all that for some time now.

Looking foward / dreading what they will come up with when they get around to throwing out some new info again.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Any chance of getting UBT to start landing on new instance bosses? It annoys the hell outta me when i see 5 Crat init debuffs on a mob but mine is immune.
    Alamica 220/22 MA *account closed*
    Alahealya 220/19 Doc *wtb name change*

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I give this poster a special /fail badge, wear it proudly!

Quote Originally Posted by Alamica View Post
    Any chance of getting UBT to start landing on new instance bosses? It annoys the hell outta me when i see 5 Crat init debuffs on a mob but mine is immune.
    Shhhh! If past history is any indication, they'll just take away the crats ability to land their debuffs rather than make it so UBT can land. I already lost my stunz on my crat, I don't want to lose my debuffs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

suggestion: instead of stun resistance, give docs minus stun time; e.g 50% passive perk, or a buff with high ncu cost? so they have to choose what they want

the luck factor in pvp is really annoying, and i thought you were going in the direction of: less random; more fun. e.g with LE proc rate being upped to 100%, and a hidden/visible "affected by blah" stopping it reactivating for 5-10 seconds.

Huh? Stuns are actually one of these things that I consider to not be luck dependant.
    And honestly, they aren't that big a issue. Of course they often kill us but it involves some amount of skill and with good stim timing you can survive. Stuns are the only chance some professions have at killing us.

The only issue I do see are unremoveable stuns and debuffs. Freak Strength used to be annoying but now that it's unremoveable you're dead no matter what. Then again that's a issue when you meet a enemy team, so it's a problem where your team mates should support you.

About the luck factor.. simply remove all debuff procs. Then add all other unremoveable stuff to Virus scanners.
    Touching stuns or similiar debuffs that hurt us should imo wait till the rebalancing has progressed further. Doc play may change quite a bit when we look at the perk changes drafts.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Jun 23rd, 2010 at 16:17:08.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

The suggested changes
    remind me of some post of mine from 2008.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but at least here's my take on an old doc tool I'd like to see expanded upon.

I'd like an extension to our vaccine nano line. There's no doubt they should be increased in duration to make them usable. 3-5 minutes seems fine to me here. Aside from that, I'd like variations to the line. One string providing the current trader drain resistance, another strain giving init debuff resistance, others could give blind, DoT or NSD resistance. So basically the same items we have removal perks for should be available in vaccines. All self-only and mutually exclusive. Only 1 strain should be able to run at a time. However much I'd love root or snare resistance, I don't think that suits our toolset and should not be included.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, but at least here's my take on an old doc tool I'd like to see expanded upon.

I'd like an extension to our vaccine nano line. There's no doubt they should be increased in duration to make them usable. 3-5 minutes seems fine to me here. Aside from that, I'd like variations to the line. One string providing the current trader drain resistance, another strain giving init debuff resistance, others could give blind, DoT or NSD resistance. So basically the same items we have removal perks for should be available in vaccines. All self-only and mutually exclusive. Only 1 strain should be able to run at a time. However much I'd love root or snare resistance, I don't think that suits our toolset and should not be included.
    Yes, would be nice if these lines could get updated.

If we're getting stuck with a cyberdeck, I want top QL dots that can be instacast, and that thing better add some serious Nano Init. Maybe even let us pull the aggdef bar down to at least 50% for a change.
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

Crat Malaise switced to UBT line, currently with higher stacking order.
    I'm guessing the stacking order on UBT will be changed also, seing as it has order 57 atm, and Malaise has 1200. Would be nice with some kinda confirmation on this, or do I have to relay on someone else to tab/ubt when I raid heal from now on?
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Seeing as crats get their init debuffs rolled into one nano and have their other means of init debuffs (nearly) removed I'd hazard a guess that their nano will be the top one and the highest on the stacking order.

It does debuff a bit less inits so maybe that'll be UBTs saving grace. Way higher pure damage debuff on malaise though. Or they'll just nerf ubt down to 1kish debuff to justifiy the stacking orders.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Keeping an eye on this change as well...

Cyberdeck:

Let the doctor cyberdecs be creatable or user modified, so that we can choose our own modifications. Think of it as a belt with slots, but instead of NCUS we can add “nano-stimulants”. These ”nano-stimulants” then can give modifiers such as; +%nano damage, - %rechargeTime, +%healmodifier, +nanoinit, -%nanocost… Or other modifications that might be more interesting to the new rebalanced doctor.

This is at least something I would like, and think is great addition to how items in AO work.
    Edit: (Most of these modififiers should be shop buyable. But if they are changeable, the realy great ones should be boss or quest drop)
    Last edited by Gralmuph; Nov 1st, 2010 at 14:35:47.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

As for right now cyberdecks have been removed from the doctor changes. Though the DEVs reserve the right to bring them back if they wish. Castable weapons would of been the nail in the coffin for any players who wanted more options of game play as in weapon diversity. If the cyberdecks was a wrist or utility spot maybe not but as for now they are removed from our changes.

We are doing what we can to try to open up more then just pistol without nerfing pistol as in weapon options for the community. Infact I promise I am doing everything I can along with the other doc professionals. Improved casting damage and a return of weapon options to the doc community are the points we are trying to get across to the Devs.

The professional position really is only a relay of what the community wants. We are more whispers in the ears of the DEVs of where the community would like to see the profession to go. Sometimes I'm probably more like an irritating bee then a whisper but still in the end we have zero say on where our profession ends up.

Personally I take comfort in that because that way I don't think any one professional could push though their own agenda. No one player should ever have that power. Really that was the only reason I ran in the first place to make sure the community gets to speak for itself. Devs make the game and we get to enjoy playing it. If players was instrumental in all the decisions in the balance I can tell you right now Anarchy Online would truly live up to its name LOL.

This is why its extremely important you guys post your wishes to us in the forums. So we can continue to get the feel of the community's wants and needs. Right now we are pushing both improved nanos and weapon options but if there is something else you guys feel strong about RIGHT NOW is the time to get it out. If you don't like where we are going you guys need to tell us and set us on the right path.

Mekh Kazeran and myself are doing our best and we will have some news soon on whats happening. Some of it you guys are going to be very interested in some of it may upset some.

We have to remember though until all the changes are in place what might seem good or bad really cant be judged until we play the game with them. We will have to take in consideration all other professions nerfs with the ones we may perceive as nerfs early on.

Balance will have some hard pills for every profession to swallow but in then end it will improve all of our gaming experience.

Euncuha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast