Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tl5 mp

there is no way to disagree. to disagree that engis are op at tl5 is to spout ignorance. honesty there are some tl5 engis that can hardly be phased. This one engi alphad my 13k hp doc like nothing, shredded my fixers evades like nothing, my agent trying at it? no thanks.

I'm not sure what Engis you saw but like I said they aren't doing it right. it is very possible (but not easy) to make engi godlike at tl5. they need nothing else other than a lvl lock on that master engineer pistol, then we can talk about engi pets getting love.

---Tetrazoles was this engi. I dare you to duel him, I put 10 mil cred that you can't win.

On topic ... MP ned lub
    Last edited by Dragonslayah; Dec 25th, 2009 at 07:36:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayah View Post
    there is no way to disagree. to disagree that engis are op at tl5 is to spout ignorance. honesty there are some tl5 engis that can hardly be phased. This one engi alphad my 13k hp doc like nothing, shredded my fixers evades like nothing, my agent trying at it? no thanks.

I'm not sure what Engis you saw but like I said they aren't doing it right. it is very possible (but not easy) to make engi godlike at tl5. they need nothing else other than a lvl lock on that master engineer pistol, then we can talk about engi pets getting love.

---Tetrazoles was this engi. I dare you to duel him, I put 10 mil cred that you can't win.

On topic ... MP ned lub
    ok i dont like the idea of going off topic on my own thread, but im gonna respond once more to "engi op'ness", i've dueled the best engis on RK1 (tuxxia cookems, and a third which names escape me, if there are others i've not seen them ::EDIT Warphoss was also a halfway decent engi but he wasnt a full on twink, although he did have that shiney pistol:: ) and i believe i've beaten them all, to which they all said "ahh yeah engis arnt good against high hp/ac/steady normal damage profs, like enfo."

if your doc has 13k hp, you 1 musnt have had reflect graft on, and 2 he must have been very very lucky with his aimed shots to time up. that or your lieing. and yes i believe you agent died, because agent hp isnt that high, he also blocks you aimed shots and can coon your perks, it wouldnt suprise me.

shredded your fixers evades? in limber maybe? in which case id say my enfo could perk you too... big whoop? fancy that your fixer is also strongly special dependant, and id say your doctor is too. my enforcer on the otherhand is not special dependant. so w/e bud, w/e.

pet classes in general need some anti CC love at tl5, thats all there is to it, please give some.

if you feel that engis are "godlike" at tl5 then create you own balance thread, but dont be surprised that u get knocked down, because i think u are the only person that would believe that.

P.s. pistol perks being put back to 100% check in rebalance, so i'd say it would also be an idea to give them CC tools for when that happens
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Dec 25th, 2009 at 10:17:10.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Alphaed my13k hp doc twice. Ga4fixer 250 Evade imps with dof and limber up (no you can't perk it on ur enf) Never seen anything like it. I challenge you to track this engi down and duel it. It's really unbeleivable which explains why you don't believe. Anyway it was no fluke, no luck, just pure overpowered bs, seek him out and see for yourself. I was coNvinced that it was sploits, but I dunno I doubt it.
    Last edited by Dragonslayah; Dec 25th, 2009 at 14:13:06.

Ga4fixer 250 Evade imps with dof and limber up

Fraps or it didn't happen.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

Fraps or it didn't happen.
    im gonna go out on limb here and say it didnt happen.

also i cant track it down because that engi is an rk2 engi im on rk1

ill take a guess and say that you doc has 0 evades and didnt have graft running and the engi got very lucky with the aimed shots. i've got 16.8k hp on my enfo and i've never had an engi come anywhere close to alphing me, even without graft, so i find it a strech that they could do it so easy Vs you, fraps or it didnt happen

as for the fixer, i smell liez

on a fixer in ga4 with limber and dof up and imps like that, thats like wat? 4.3k evades? or more? yeah thats not gonna be prof OPness thats gonna be your bad luck or your bull****ting
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Dec 25th, 2009 at 15:39:30.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

I have witnesses, Iirc angevil (ma professional and orgmate) was there. I will ask him to come set ya straight. WTF would I lie for? I'm a 28 year old man, not some punk ass little kid. Everyone who watched this couldn't believe it either because they know my fix is very hard to hit. Now maybe this speaks for the quality of engi on rk1 or this one is just really really special. Anyway call bull**** all you want, however, I assure you this happened.

Ps. He was not lucky he did this 5 times in a row at least, with me kiting my ass off, I still dropped like a fly.

So on topic mps need luv, having seen the potential of tl5 engi I would say, leave them out of this suggestion of yours, they need a level lock on that pistol, then yea sure.
    Last edited by Dragonslayah; Dec 25th, 2009 at 18:58:30.

Well well well. First on topic of MPs at TL5: Everyone knows no pets are effective and that debuff removing doesn't really work at all, and there's even no HHAB. This is an issue for all pet professions. MPs do have their strong points, but the profession seems underpowered - anything seems underpowered when compared to enfos though.

On topic of the above mentioned TL5 engie I believe he runs around with aMEP+Onehander, and it's your loss if you get critted from the Onehander AS and capped. Add in Easy Shot and possible pistol perks, plus burst from aMEP and it's a nasty alpha. Mind you after the rebalancing there's gonna be no AS, no easy shot landing on fixers (doesn't land on any GA4 fixers even now though, 2100 aad ftl) and no 80% pistol perks so there you go. aMEP isn't any stranger than SSOS on advy or those 1he's on enfos, plus there'll be nothing to dual it with.

Anyway as of now should be easy to alpha agents with such a setup, doable to alpha 13k hp docs in CH recharge, enfos hard to say but should be a close match if enf doesn't waste his SA.

Net result: something is clearly wrong when some "gimp" profession can win an enfo.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Alphaed my13k hp doc twice. Ga4fixer 250 Evade imps with dof and limber up (no you can't perk it on ur enf) Never seen anything like it. I challenge you to track this engi down and duel it. It's really unbeleivable which explains why you don't believe. Anyway it was no fluke, no luck, just pure overpowered bs, seek him out and see for yourself. I was coNvinced that it was sploits, but I dunno I doubt it.
    Well dunno, I recall killing Tetrazoles on my engi even when I was using ithaca and wasn't twinked at all, he doesn't seem to have any evades at all (unless he changed since then). And I have a tl5 engi with AMEP myself, I can't do 13k alpha, like no chance (might be able to if I used crap hander + easy shot but I prefer defence), especially if UBTed or get my pets UBTed. If the said engi is using easy shot means he can't use coccoon btw. And fixers take a looooong time to kill, GA probably easier since they're low hp, regular hits still land on them, but that has nothing to do with engi OPedness, it's just randomness of AO.
    Last edited by Calamite; Dec 26th, 2009 at 15:18:01.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Well dunno, I recall killing Tetrazoles on my engi even when I was using ithaca and wasn't twinked at all, he doesn't seem to have any evades at all (unless he changed since then). And I have a tl5 engi with AMEP myself, I can't do 13k alpha, like no chance (might be able to if I used crap hander + easy shot but I prefer defence), especially if UBTed or get my pets UBTed. If the said engi is using easy shot means he can't use coccoon btw. And fixers take a looooong time to kill, GA probably easier since they're low hp, regular hits still land on them, but that has nothing to do with engi OPedness, it's just randomness of AO.
    He must have changed setup, this guy is no joke. He alphaed my doc in ch recharge so fast, 2 times in a row. fixer, 5 duels in a row, like I didn't have any evades at all. I thought ga ran out cause he was hitting so consistantly. Watched him duel others with the same result.

Anyway sry to go off topic in the thread, I just don't think engis need any help at tl5.
    However mps, different story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12