Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

I dunno if it's the background colour of his post or the fact that he has long hair but...

It's like a rock star has entered this thread! \o/
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Ok, I tweaked the new backpacks and added 2 more to make an even dozen.. in the pic you can compare the old (bottom) to the new (top set) icons.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._Backpacks.png

Let me know if these pass the grade.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Some of them certainly pop out better now, good one.

Though 1 little addition, perhaps the redeemed insignia icon should have a blue background, to go with the general unredeemed red / redeemed blue theme throughout the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Ok, I tweaked the new backpacks and added 2 more to make an even dozen.. in the pic you can compare the old (bottom) to the new (top set) icons.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2..._Backpacks.png

Let me know if these pass the grade.

Cheers!
    I like the new fire, biohazard is now clear for my eyes, and tower pops out better, but somehow I liked the old redeemed insignia better (very small difference though; either is fine) and the unredeemed looks almost the same (that is difficult one for sure, having those thin details). Or maybe my monitors just have too high resolution :P (Though can't change those, being flat panels).
    Bugi, level 150 fixer, general of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)
    (and plenty more of 'bugs' and 'bags')

The new ones look better, just for being more bold, but i agree with Leileena, if you were to change the redeemed background to blue it would fit far better.

In the ones I'll send to Means the redeemed backpack will have a blue background and I tried to add a bit more contrast to the unredeemed one.

Cheers!

Doc idk if you still check this thread (btw this is Ustolembelt finally got forums to let me log in!). Anywho seeing as I'm me and the A.D.D. is kicking in right now I was wondering if you would possibly consider re-working some of the Hud/Util items like the Light Bar from noob island and (more importantly imho and probably most people's) like the Targeting Scopes? To me they seem a bit blocky to really be wrapped around somebody's head and over their eye. Maybe something more slim and a bit shinier? A.D.D. people like shinyyy.... Btw I'm liking the barrow strength and withering flesh icons and ofc the gems and rings all look fantastic. The "Name That Ring" thing the one that instantly stood out to me is 37 as the Ado ring. Anyways I have to get off forums atm for the same reason I always have to get off TeamSpeak (for those of you who don't know I have to get off constantly for Mom-Agg), so see you in a bit Doc hopefully I get a chance to discuss a few ideas with you soon

One thing pops to mind... Inner Sanctum icons are still the same while Temple of the Three Winds icons are for a large part changed. Would it be possible to have some minor changes to the ToTW icons to be used for IS?

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    One thing pops to mind... Inner Sanctum icons are still the same while Temple of the Three Winds icons are for a large part changed. Would it be possible to have some minor changes to the ToTW icons to be used for IS?
    Any chance I can get a list of the IS icons you think could use upgrading? I haven't spent much time in IS and usually it's just to run in and get a specific item like the FBR

Cheers!

Any chance I can get a list of the IS icons you think could use upgrading? I haven't spent much time in IS and usually it's just to run in and get a specific item like the FBR

Cheers!
    Off the top of my head:

Doc book
    Shoulderpads
    Soulmarks
    Perm Key
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Cheers!
    What I'm pointing at are items that are the exact same thing as the ToTW ones but with a slightly different name and scaled up requirements/effects. Things like DoT ring, Blind Ring, shoulderpads, MA attack books, root/debuff reducers (don't think you did the totw one of that yet) and circle of the inner sanctum rings (I imagine them like the notum ones from ToTW but perhaps they need an entirely different icon set)

Also, the skulls/scythes/blades could use a simple color treatment to match their actual ingame colors (they now have the exact same icons as their totw counterparts). Not very creative I know, but since ingame textures got the same treatment it would be quite accurate I think.

Come to think of it, the Azure armor set needs a slightly different color tint as well, more like a light-blue version of Chilled Plasteel (matching it's ingame color) then the Titan Plasteel it shares the current icon with.

There, bunch of work for you I can look up the exact names of the IS items later if you need.

Had to just pop by to thank you for your awesome work Docaholic! I'm out.
    Last edited by Junttius; Jul 22nd, 2010 at 01:04:59.

Thumbs up

Yeah, this thread still deserves a few good bumps. So...

Bumps.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

You guys kill me every time you bump this 'Sticky' lol

Here are a few more Icons I finished..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...uff_Sample.jpg

new sexier explosif pillows, ingots (silver, gold, platinum, iridium, molybdenum and osmium) followed by 3 new 'Small-Ingot' (tradeskill Item) for silver, gold and platinum. Then some new 'robot Junk' and a new Alien armor material (which currently uses the robot junk/tagging device icon.)

I'll be sending these to Means shortly.

Cheers!

The pillows and robot junk are great. The text "ingot" on the small ingots seems a bit out of place though.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    The pillows and robot junk are great. The text "ingot" on the small ingots seems a bit out of place though.
    Agreed on both counts
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

i like the current ai pillows better tbf, but other than that, great job!

I thought adding the embossed area on the small-ingots and the 'Ingot' text stamped on them, helped make them look distinct, instead of just making the shape different. I'm not sure if these new explosif pillows will actually get used for the simple reason that for the sake of consistency the in-game mesh (model) texture would also need to be updated.

Time will tell, they are in Funcom's hands now, they have all final decisions.

Cheers!

Nice job on the ingots, couldn't make out whether I liked the robot junk or not though. Nevertheless they make me want to go out and tradeskill
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Robot junk looks great. The ingots... well, the first thing that came to mind about those was a bar of soap, especially because of the text. :/
    Zenross - 220/30/70 Fixer - High hp, no AS, still enjoying PvP. Solo kills: 5004
    Zenmachinery - 220/26/67 Engineer - DD & TS. Added to projectile damage: 1010 points
    Zenparticle - 168/14 Nano Technician - Errr...
    Zenwithin - WIP Martial Artist - Leveling without pocketing and Inf missions.

1,323,425 people bought Ikaruga only to find out that they suck at video games.

I found out that I kick ass.

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast