Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

For old RK items I would like to see less pristine icons. Scratches will be hard to see in the small version, but maybe dull colours, dirt, spots, more rickety contraptions and quick fixes...

For example, since the GCB is an actual circuit board, why not one of those cobbled together with some old belt? This may be more difficult to put together as a 3D object, but I for one would be happy with a hand painted icon if it fits the bill better.

I hope that will be what they look like when they become visible on a character, too.

Ok, here is my final version of the new 'Large Backpack' design. In the image you find the original (currently in game) backpack, and beside it the new version followed by the 'open' version then a bunch of different icons placed in the 'open' version to help us all with our sorting.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...cks_Sample.jpg

If you can think of any icon that would help with sorting, let me know and I'll make an open backpack with that icon/item showing.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    Ok, here is my final version of the new 'Large Backpack' design. In the image you find the original (currently in game) backpack, and beside it the new version followed by the 'open' version then a bunch of different icons placed in the 'open' version to help us all with our sorting.

If you can think of any icon that would help with sorting, let me know and I'll make an open backpack with that icon/item showing.

Cheers!
    Here's some that come to mind:
    - belts
    - NCU chips
    - hud/util items (maybe a scope icon?)
    - bracers
    - nano clusters (could be put in an implant pack too)
    - instruction disks (won't be too bad to put 'em in a nanocrystal pack)
    - novictum
    - patterns (a book of knowledge fits quite well for these)

Cheers!
    Shadowlands Garden Keys, one for Redeemed, one for Unredeemed, maybe see if you can find a symbol for the Pande gardens for them.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Ok, it's really easy to add any icon, so I ran through a bunch and made these.. if you think something is missing let me know.. Also, some of these new icons represent 'junk' backpacks LoL, see if you can guess which ones.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...fBackpacks.jpg

Cheers!

Really good stuff Doc.

I would say the 2nd from top in the extreme right side is for junk. Correct?

P.S.- Dont say it is the perty ducky or the preciouss baloony or I will cry.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    P.S.- Dont say it is the perty ducky or the preciouss baloony or I will cry.
    lol, I was gonna say the "perty ducky" and the presiouss baloony.

and may I just say, doc, that I find all of your stuff extremely impressive

Zomg Backpack for mai crab armorz!!!! And My Duckies!!!!! UBar!!
    Btw I didn't see a bag for belts, which I normally keep separate from ncu, And I also make bags for "hud/utils" items. I do like what I see though.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Doc,

I hope means has talked to you by now. And I hope you charge a pretty penny for such good work. I admire your effort.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Doc,

I hope means has talked to you by now. And I hope you charge a pretty penny for such good work. I admire your effort.
    Nope, Mr means has not made official contact yet, he is a very busy man.. my sub only runs out in May so it's not time critical.. yet! LoL

Cheers!

P.S. Maybe if he's still watching this thread he can 'root' it as a sign of approval.
    Last edited by Docaholic; Feb 17th, 2010 at 22:58:53.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
    awesome work!

ideas: backpacks missing with a medical icon (a treatment kit) and a screwdriver (for tools)
    ^\_/
    O o
    This is Einkaufswagen! Send Einkaufswagen to all your friends to help him to world domination!

My System: Asus N75SF
    CPU: Intel Intel Core I7-2670QM @ 2,2GHz | Graphics: GeForce GT 555M 2GB | RAM: 8GB | Sound: Realtek Onboard | HDD: 750GB 5400 U/Min | Drives: BD-DVD RW Combo | Monitor: 1920x1080 | Mouse: Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 | Keyboard: Notebook | Speakers: Built-in Bang & Olufsen | Headset: Sennheiser PC 131| OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by advancer View Post
    ideas: backpacks missing with a medical icon (a treatment kit) and a screwdriver (for tools)
    Treatment kit: Middle row, Fifth Column
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Treatment kit: Middle row, Fifth Column
    sry I overlooked that one :-)
    ^\_/
    O o
    This is Einkaufswagen! Send Einkaufswagen to all your friends to help him to world domination!

My System: Asus N75SF
    CPU: Intel Intel Core I7-2670QM @ 2,2GHz | Graphics: GeForce GT 555M 2GB | RAM: 8GB | Sound: Realtek Onboard | HDD: 750GB 5400 U/Min | Drives: BD-DVD RW Combo | Monitor: 1920x1080 | Mouse: Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 | Keyboard: Notebook | Speakers: Built-in Bang & Olufsen | Headset: Sennheiser PC 131| OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

omg a backpack to sort my mister squikyz !!! one bag to control em allzzz in the darknessss

anyways, i'm still NOT a fan of the bag themselves, but the large/more icons is definitely cool.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I like the new backpack designs. Doc's work is amazing.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Shameless bump!
    Hadharani "Sebinoxx" Sabertooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What you choose to do with your a$$ recreationally is your own business. Thank you for "in your own way" bringing this misunderstanding to my attention.

My thread has been 'Rooted" o.m.g. Means is a 'fixer'!.. the truth is out, the truth is out!

Thanks! it means allot.

P.S. I'm in the process of doing the final renderings on all 135 filigree rings. (in my spare time) I should have a nice 'compilation' to post during next week. Cheers!

P.P.S. I lost another Ql200 Biocomm today processing a half digested body part that looked like an MP Grrrrrrr. :P
    Last edited by Docaholic; Feb 20th, 2010 at 01:07:54.

My thread has been 'Rooted" o.m.g. Means is a 'fixer'!.. the truth is out, the truth is out!

Thanks! it means allot.

P.S. I'm in the process of doing the final renderings on all 135 filigree rings. (in my spare time) I should have a nice 'compilation' to post during next week. Cheers!

P.P.S. I lost another Ql200 Biocomm today processing a half digested body part that looked like an MP Grrrrrrr. :P
    Good luck brodi! Hope they get your work in the game, it really looks amazing
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Gz on the root
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

List mode is your friend! Never start converting a backpack before you switch a backpack to that...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast