Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

Left: Silver (too blueish imho)
    Right: Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by solditwo View Post
    left: Silver (too blueish imho)
    right: Platinum
    qft

I gonna go with left platinum just because I'm pretty sure there was something earlier in the thread about the color tint of platinum (or was that pink?).
    So left - plat, right - silver
    although platinum does seem to be a bit darker in the google pics.
    P. S. - where's the new Omni ring? ^^
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

I do like the new looks. Totally agree we need to change some of the re-used meshes and such. Ao Over-Haul!
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

the problem with Silver and Platinum is it's essentially the same color. kind of like saying eggshell white and pearl white. both are not quite white, but the difference is very subtle. and like all shiny metals, much of the color is picked up from the surroundings. aka reflections.

So, the real question is what 'tint' of hue would you like the platinum ring to have if I keep the silver one basically grayscale.

I'll come up with something. this is a case of I'm not going to be able to please everyone.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    the problem with Silver and Platinum is it's essentially the same color. kind of like saying eggshell white and pearl white. both are not quite white, but the difference is very subtle. and like all shiny metals, much of the color is picked up from the surroundings. aka reflections.

So, the real question is what 'tint' of hue would you like the platinum ring to have if I keep the silver one basically grayscale.

I'll come up with something. this is a case of I'm not going to be able to please everyone.

Cheers!
    I would probably aim for a difference in the quality of craftsmanship if possible, Platinum is rarer and more expensive as such more care and attention should be put into the craftwork if possible, so they look different not by the colour of the metal, but by the quality of the work.

Just an Idea for you to think about, see if it works any better.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

trying to iron out the totw rings of the 'Three' this is what I came up with,..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ngs_Sample.jpg

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Notum1, Notum2, Notum3.

as always comments are welcome.

Cheers!
    I always thought "Notum" implied a certain color to an item too, particularly if an item was crafted from the material. Hence all three notum rings originally being blue, and notum chips being blue-ish, Finely Refined Notum, Notum Threaded Backpack, Notum Tank Armors etc. even though I do realize that the Liquid Notum Ring is currently black. Perhaps only solid forms of notum are blue?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Ok, I think I nailed it,..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Final_Test.jpg

What do you think? I this too subtle? or enough of a difference for me to run with it?

Cheers!

What do you think? I this too subtle? or enough of a difference for me to run with it?

Cheers!
    Oo i like it!
    Former Evandoc *whine*

Cows "Areeh" Orange

<3 Free Spirits
    Proud neutral on Atlantian server

Cheers!
    Some what I would like this desing implemented with filigree desings, still those ones look great.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Looks good, certainly looks obvious enough to me.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I always thought "Notum" implied a certain color to an item too, particularly if an item was crafted from the material. Hence all three notum rings originally being blue, and notum chips being blue-ish, Finely Refined Notum, Notum Threaded Backpack, Notum Tank Armors etc. even though I do realize that the Liquid Notum Ring is currently black. Perhaps only solid forms of notum are blue?
    Notum is a thing, not a color. Being infused with notum does not mean it needs to be the color of notum. While the natural color of notum is bluish, an object infused with notum is whatever color you make it. For example, you have a black coat and then infuse it with notum. The coat is still black.

However, I do see your point with notum infused objects being identifiable. Perhaps instead of changing the ring colors, simply add a subtle bluish "glow" around the ring.

Perhaps when FC finishes with the new engine, they could implement a bluish glow around current notum infused wearable items such as cloaks. Would look awesome. And I do mean a SUBTLE glow, not Grid Armor smurf garish glow.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 01:09:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    However, I do see your point with notum infused objects being identifiable. Perhaps instead of changing the ring colors, simply add a subtle bluish "glow" around the ring.
    That sounds pretty clever to me.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Thumbs up

Cheers!
    Looks nice, but how is the contrast on the standard AO background color?

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    Looks nice, but how is the contrast on the standard AO background color?
    kind of like this..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...inal_Test2.jpg

Cheers!

Those are really good looking icons- and the thing is- they totally match the style of AO. All of the graphics you've made look like they would fit in with the current items, yet be a nice refresh.

I really hope they get your stuff ingame soon. Like, next patch.

Very nice, looking forward to the filigree versions.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Just a little post to let you know I'll be busy with last minute shopping and gift wrapping the next few days, and the it's the big xmas dinner at my place this year, so you all have a great Christmas and I'll see you all next week.

I'll be trying to squeeze into the game as often as I can in the next few days. My Main toon is Doctorval and my org spot hangout is outside Miiir Shop in NLC on RK2.

Cheers!

Aw man.

The rings look great, dont get me wrong. And it is true that silver and platinum have very similar color. The only visible characteristic that separates them is that silver can get a much better polish then platinum. Therefore the shinnier ring should be silver not platinum. Another, more practical aspect, that distinguishes silver and platinum is that silver is usually used in much thicker settings then platinum. Because silver is cheaper and weaker then platinum and requires the thicker settings for the same degree of robustness. Trust me, Im a doctor.
    OTOH it doesnt really matter: They look pretty good, they are easy to distinguish. Problem solved.

Note: I think you nailed the rings well enough before. The problem seems to be the common misconception that the more valuable stuff is the prettiest (shinniest). It isnt always so.

How doess this make it to the second page of the game suggestions?

bumpbumpbump
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343566 ... LastLast