Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips & Tricks in the AO GUI

An even easier way to type vicinity messages is to just type / then space. So for example,

"/ Hey can I get gsfncuhotfgrid plxplxplx?" So you don't actually need the 'v' but you need a space.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    - holding shift while dragging hotbars allows you to rotate them vertical, takes less screen space.
    Right click the bit on the left end toggles it between horizontal and vertical.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

type into chat window
    - typing /fxscript tweak rubi-ka_sunlight #
    will change the annoying light effects in inf/pen/pande/ai zones BEWARE crashes le missions
    Works wonders on ships too (fps wise) .. gotta check LE mishs tho, cant remember a single crash yet.

If ya in ado underwater, use that too. Cant be any smoother down there. Just a bit darker

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    An even easier way to type vicinity messages is to just type / then space. So for example,

"/ Hey can I get gsfncuhotfgrid plxplxplx?" So you don't actually need the 'v' but you need a space.
    come here to teach people and i learn something :P

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Right click the bit on the left end toggles it between horizontal and vertical.
    hah get confused with windows start bar i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Works wonders on ships too (fps wise) .. gotta check LE mishs tho, cant remember a single crash yet.

If ya in ado underwater, use that too. Cant be any smoother down there. Just a bit darker
    Definitely crashes me instantly in LE missions, forgot to list ado thanks
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Handy thing if you're running around for buffs:

/tell %t opens a tell window to the selected person.
    Oh and don't be rude and get caught saying:

Eroz: Can I get a behe please, %T?

Since if you use a capital T, it won't work...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

/fxscript tweak rubi-ka_sunlight #

With # mark (and space before it)?

Cause I am damn lagged by ship lights and graphics
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    /fxscript tweak rubi-ka_sunlight #

With # mark (and space before it)?

Cause I am damn lagged by ship lights and graphics
    yep. as its written there

shift+r to reply to someone, and use arrow up/down to scroll through names that have sent a tell to you

enter, then tab, and then arrow up/down to scroll to chat channels, and enter to select the one you want to talk in.

probably well known
    / (space) vicinity
    /r text ; reply to last person to send you a tell
    /o text ; text to guild
    /t text ; text to team
    Last edited by Dutchieman; Dec 16th, 2009 at 09:18:24.

To split items into two stacks (e.g. Treatment Kits, Nano Rechargers)

Hold down control and drag on the item - ie drag the mouse to the right

Smile

To open chat with an NPC, just target (by tabbing if necessary) and press e. Wonderful when a big trox in a sombrero is parked on that small quest mob.
    When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.

Double-leftclick on planetmap: Zoom in
    Double-rightclick on planetmap: Zoom out

Press the "i" in the top left of the planetmap window, and toggle 'show buttons' to get nice little buttons with shortcuts for mission, character and shop position.

Press the "i" in the top left of the PF map window, show buttons, to show the 'add waypoint' options.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

- typing /fxscript tweak rubi-ka_sunlight #
    will change the annoying light effects in inf/pen/pande/ai zones/ado water effect BEWARE crashes le missions
    Odd but I don't see any difference at all.

/ch [channel name] to change active channel.

For example,

/ch ra would make Raid-channel active, unless you're in ragnarok. you can abbreviate all the channel names as long as it doesnt conflict. so i gotta use /ch rai and /ch rag to change between org/raid-chat.

/ch ot + TAB gives you a list "ot ooc, ot shopping blablabla"
    /ch irai
    /ch tea

---

shift + F9 to show zone information, like which group-selector (thats the same as "instance" for you wow nubs) you're in.. f9 if you just need to see your coords and suppression...

/played shows you how long you've played
    /born shows you when your char was made..

You prolly knew TAB cycles through enemies/neutrals within viewrange, did you know about Control + tab? Or even control+shift+tab?
    Ctrl tab cycles through all friendly players or NPC's.
    ctrl shift tab cycles through all friendly NPC's

i'd like a shortcut to enter coordinates into waypoint on map. PLEASE!

i knew all the others

And, wrang; idclip
    Last edited by Blondenurse; Dec 23rd, 2009 at 06:28:37.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    i'd like a shortcut to enter coordinates into waypoint on map. PLEASE!
    If I understand this correctly, you can type /waypoint 2300 1000 595 where 2300 are the x co-ordinates, 1000 are the y co-ordinates and 595 is the zone you're in (press F9 to check).

But a simple r-click feature would be very welcome!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    If I understand this correctly, you can type /waypoint 2300 1000 595 where 2300 are the x co-ordinates, 1000 are the y co-ordinates and 595 is the zone you're in (press F9 to check).

But a simple r-click feature would be very welcome!

I didnt know about this, but to take Strup's advice a bit further:
    If you want to put coords into a waypoint on your compass, do the following..

The command itself says:
    Usage: /waypoint x z playfield

the "playfield" thing is the "resource" if you click shift+F9 ingame. For example in APF lobby

Extended location information:
    - 196.2, 160.2, 112.8 (196.2 160.2 y 112.8 4364)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:4364 GS=0 SG=0 R=4364, resource: 4364
    - zone: 44, area: "Area"
    Server id: 3037, character id: 50000:1325868860, time: 2009-12-26 15:19:48 (UTC)
    Version: 18.3.1_EP1, map id: 18.3.1.4_10.12.2009_13.16.26, build: 48468.

If i wanted to go to 100x100 here i'd have to type
    /waypoint 100 100 4364

Thanks strup!

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Nice Thread!

What i didnt see yet:

/text Remember_to_buff_myself - only u will see this msg, like /say command

If u wanna write a macro, for example a call macro or anything into a specific group channel:

/g "cameloot" Kill >>> %t <<<
    /g "tarachat" Kill >>> %m <<< (hehe, %m is self name

Also you didnt notice? When u press F10, on the top if window, where "i" used to be, there are 2 "letters". First for settings, like you see all the time. Second is for keyboard settings. You can see lots of keys listed there and you can change them. For example i use hide for E , coz H is too far...

Also for pet profs, especially for crats:

When u charm a pet its useful if u decide when to lose charm on it and do a recharm and dont wait for it to go off by itself. Easy to do this, just terminate ur pet. But mobs used to have 2 names, which wont work with normal terminate (also doesnt work with 2 named pets) so use this trick:

/pet "%t" terminate

With " " you can give even longer name to pets (tho i dont know how to make it coloured. /pet rename "I hunt omni"
    Last edited by Tutyimutyi; Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:18:57.

To add waypoints I open the minmap with the extra buttons showing, there you can enter the X and Y cords.

When I go trough a long twinking episode on a toon I make a hotbar just for asking buffs :]

/macro Behe /v %t, could I please have a Behe?
    /macro Fg , Es, FG+ES, SFA, IC, SFA+IC....
    and so on until the last button that I always make to
    /macro Tnx /v Thank you! \n /bow

Pressing "E" button to use things is very useful when blitzing missions for example when you can target the lift when you see it and then just press E when you are in range.
    Very good too when something is blocking the lift.

Will try to remember some other good trick that isnt already mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    Extended location information:
    - 196.2, 160.2, 112.8 (196.2 160.2 y 112.8 4364)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:4364 GS=0 SG=0 R=4364, resource: 4364
    - zone: 44, area: "Area"
    Server id: 3037, character id: 50000:1325868860, time: 2009-12-26 15:19:48 (UTC)
    Version: 18.3.1_EP1, map id: 18.3.1.4_10.12.2009_13.16.26, build: 48468.

If i wanted to go to 100x100 here i'd have to type
    /waypoint 100 100 4364
    And I will never understand why the Shift-F9 info gives the coordinates with commas but without the playfield and with spaces, with the playfield, but with an additional z-coordinate that must be deleted first but the /waypoint command takes the coordinates with spaces and without the z-coordinate. :P

A right-click on the coordinates in parentheses (196.2 160.2 y 112.8 4364) should put the waypoint on the map (and also MARK the WAYPOINT on the map instead of my location!).
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123