Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Perk Prof Delineation

Group Perk Prof Delineation

It has just become obvious to me, that if we QQ over acrobat, and it's nerfed, yes, it accomplishes the aim of nerfing advies, but, it also screws up relatively balanced or already slightly nerfed profs like fixers.

So, my suggestion is for Profession adjusted Group perks.

Sorry to heap work on your shoulders genele, but, this is possibly the only way to achieve balance on the age old problem of NERF ADVIES without messing up any of the related profs.

1. If acrobat is nerfed to nerf advies, MA, fixer shade gets nerfed worse.
    2. If coon gets nerfed, enf and engy get nerfed worse.

How to Fix:

Advies need the "Jack of all Trades" Acrobat, and the "Jack of all Trades" Cocoon.

Make JoaT acrobat give 75% of current bonuses, 75% static, and 75% buff on limber 200-->150, and DoF 800-->600

Make JoaT Coccoon give 50% of current bonus, all absorbs cut in half.

That way, True evade profs don't get the beat stick, and the profs that actually need coccoon, engy+enf (and keepers who perk it instead of evades), don't get nerfed as a result of REAL needs in advy nerfment.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Nov 18th, 2009 at 04:56:25. Reason: bolded some stuff

Or you could just rectify the ages old Gaute mistake that was giving Advies Acrobat in the first place.

Which means, taking it off their group tab. Problem solved. People that should have Acrobat have it, Advies don't.

You don't get to be the only rival to doc heals, while bouncing around with 1000 stackable evade buffs, along with nicking bio cocoon from Keepers, Enforcers and Engineers. You just don't. Especially when these days Enforcers are barely justifying access to Bio cocoon.

Try and imagine this. Advies never had Acro, but had everything else that they had, good heals, access to Bio Shielding, root immunity, 2 weapon lines, one of which is ranged with 80% def checks.

Now imagine the response if in a perk change document, it was proposed Advies get Acrobat. You'd all go nuts and rightly so.

Says it all, really.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 18th, 2009 at 07:07:24. Reason: removed obscenity
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

C'mon. Pick a nerf and stick to it. Is it gonna be 80% perk checks or remove acro or coon? The numerous advy hate threads popping up everyday are kinda getting a little ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    C'mon. Pick a nerf and stick to it. Is it gonna be 80% perk checks or remove acro or coon? The numerous advy hate threads popping up everyday are kinda getting a little ridiculous.
    They all kinda make a point though. With the rebalancing, something has to give. I'd be happy for Advies to keep 80% checks if Acrobat or Cocoon goes.

All three being available though is ridiculously stupid.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Or:

1) You could remove people from perking both
    2) You could make advys only perk Bio Shielding 9, and Acrobat 3 maximum.
    3) People would just stop whining about it

Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Im all for the removal of acrobat from adventurers, as i've stated numerous times, there was next to no reason for them to have it to begin with, they have no background in being an evade dependent profession and no support for evades in their toolset.

Only real reason I can fathom for them ever having access to the line is for the multi weapon skill it gives, which is not terribly needed for adventurers seeing as they get tons of support for that already (yes perhaps they might have to spend a bit of more IP then they otherwise would but it'd be about time ¬_¬)

I have no qualms with them having bio shielding as they have a background in using shields and absorbs, nor with them having 80% defense check perks (although having higher attack multiplier would be better)

Advs are fine, l2p nubs!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Advs are fine, l2p nubs!
    more then fine infact

Change post topic so that it actually reflects "Nerf advies" instead of it actually seeming like something exciting about group perks in general.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    they have no background in being an evade dependent profession and no support for evades in their toolset.
    Wut? Do you even play and advy? You do know that wolf morphs and auras and bird morphs all add evades so how the hell can you sit there and say it's not supported in our toolset?

I have no qualms with them having bio shielding as they have a background in using shields and absorbs
    First true thing you've said about advys so far. In summary, learn the tools before you start posting about what is and isnt' part of our toolset kthx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

last time I checked wolf gave AAD not evades, reet is "evade support" the same way a yalmaha stilletto is a dodge range buffing item, yes it gives the stat but since you can't do anything but move in it its not really "support"

The only nearly valid skill you stated would be the wolf aura, but that in itself is not so much as an evade buff but an all around team buff, and is only a 3 nano line hardly what I'd call support.

but sure if you want to call that a full evade support toolset then surely NT's, metaphysicists, traders, keepers and soldiers should have access to acrobat as they all have nano's that buff evades (some even more then fixers) so therefore have evades as a supported toolset.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 18th, 2009 at 20:23:31.

last time I checked wolf gave AAD not evades, reet is "evade support" the same way a yalmaha stilletto is a dodge range buffing item, yes it gives the stat but since you can't do anything but move in it its not really "support"

The only nearly valid skill you stated would be the wolf aura, but that in itself is not so much as an evade buff but an all around team buff, and is only a 3 nano line (2 nanos when acrobat was given) hardly what I'd call support.

but sure if you want to call that a full evade support toolset then surely NT's, metaphysicists, traders, keepers and soldiers should have access to acrobat as they all have nano's that buff evades (some even more then fixers) so therefore have evades as a supported toolset.
    Adventurer evade or AAD buffs, endgame ones only because I can't be bothered to list all of them

Calia's Figure: Wolf
    Mother Wolf
    Improved Stare of Cerberus
    Dance of the Dervish
    Calia's Form: Parrot
    Shadowstalker or Lightstalker
    The Call

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "full evade support toolset." But we've had little bits and pieces of evades tucked into various nanos for a while. Although, I wouldn't necessarily say that perking either acrobat or bioshielding is a bad idea or choice, either, quite honestly.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

The thing is MOST professions tend to have evades tucked into the odd buff here and there, and saying that is support enough to have access to what has become one of the major defensive tools for those professions that do rely on evades (some almost exclusively so) just doesnt seem right, more so if those professions already have defense support in a way they have more history and support in to begin with.

Specially as you could take almost any of the "competitive" stats and say adventurers have support for them as they have them tucked into a couple of nanos and perks... Heck a fair amount of the evade buffing for adventurers only came up after or with the introduction of acrobat. Before that adventurers had very meagre amounts of evades on one or two lines meant for buffing other stats.

And AAD does not count as Evade support as its not evades, its just defense rating, but even then that was only introduced to the shadowlands 200+ wolf lines
    Last edited by Xenotric; Nov 18th, 2009 at 20:52:09.

The thing is MOST professions tend to have evades tucked into the odd buff here and there, and saying that is support enough to have access to what has become one of the major defensive tools for those professions that do rely on evades (some almost exclusively so).

Specially as you could take almost any of the "competitive" stats and say adventurers have support for them as they have them tucked into a couple of nanos and perks... Heck a fair amount of the evade buffing for adventurers only came up after or with the introduction of acrobat. Before that adventurers had very meagre amounts of evades on one or two lines meant for buffing other stats.

And AAD does not count as Evade support as its not evades, its just defense rating, but even then that was only introduced to the shadowlands 200+ wolf lines
    I suppose that would depend on how significant you find 165 AAD and 179 evades + a 201 pulsing evade nano buff. (That's without acrobat, I didn't calculate it in.) Its obviously not enough to count adventurers as a top tier evade profession, I imagine, but a total of 545 points is significant enough to me that evades is something I work on in setup, obviously. I've never bothered to do the same sort of calculation for any other profession, so I couldn't tell you how exactly it falls into anyone else's amounts exactly. And yes, I'm aware that its Acrobat that launches that number into the "higher numbers of" categories, so as I said, I wouldn't kick to hard if we had to make a choice between that or bioshielding. I'm feeling agreeable today.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Yes at best it should be a choice between the two, but I would still argue that evades aren't the primary or core defense of the adventurer as much as absorbs and healing are and thus could probably drop the perk entirely (im not opposed to it being replaced with a different perkline to further enhance adventurers main defense, although most adventurers tend to be towards the powerful side of the scale without such modifications)

balance is not intended for 1v1 duels
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    balance is intended
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    Adventurer evade or AAD buffs, endgame ones only because I can't be bothered to list all of them

Calia's Figure: Wolf
    Mother Wolf
    Improved Stare of Cerberus
    Dance of the Dervish
    Calia's Form: Parrot
    Shadowstalker or Lightstalker
    The Call

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "full evade support toolset." But we've had little bits and pieces of evades tucked into various nanos for a while. Although, I wouldn't necessarily say that perking either acrobat or bioshielding is a bad idea or choice, either, quite honestly.
    I hate Advys >.<
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I hate Advys >.<
    QFT.

Remove Acrobat from advy. they got better evades than enforcer or keeper without acrobat, better heals than enforcer, keeper, and MA and shade, and have awesome escape tactics.

(melee profs listed)

I think they are balanced without acrobat.

Removing is so boring... How about a trade it, maybe for Corporate Protection and Industrial Sabotage?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast