Thread: Breed changes --- not good

Breed changes --- not good

I wasn't going to voice this protest because it's not a game suggestion, but as FC must know, people pick specific breeds for certain classes because of the combination of abilities the two give together. Since SL, these have been increasingly driven by perks and breeds specials as opposed to inherent breed strengths in HP/nano and Abilities.

So this is why I'm asking that whatever FC decide to do when balancing breed-based perks or any other breed based change, they don't do so without a strong message supporting each one, or a consideration of HP/nano ratio changes as well to maintain some resemblance of what it means to be a certian breed. Changing something that many people so fundamentally base their character on shouldn't be taken as lightly as a weekly perk change proposal.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Keep in mind, as perk alphas get much much weaker (except for shades and possibly a few others) the effectiveness of Mongo Rage reduces. Also it being highly visible and predictable, along with equal adjustments to defensive toolsets, could mean the end of MR gank potential.

Overall if you take into account all the benefits of the breed perks, Nanomage seems to be the number 1 breed while other profs have equal benefits in pvm and pvp (solitus getting a bit of the short end of the stick). I have a reason to perk genomes on any breed for any prof and I think that is a good thing.

yea, but a huge reason for choosing atrox was wit. Now, you lose wit and it throws whatever mediocre sence of balance some profs (if they based or compensated their setup on those perks) had vs ranged enemies way out the window.

I chose atrox for a TL5 evade prof. Currently, with wit, I have sub-par defences vs ranged. After I lose wit, I'll have zero defences vs ranged profs.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:17:03. Reason: removed obscenity

You can spend perks into Bio Shielding. You'll have a defense that works against ranged, some of the time. I'm not telling you it'll work, though.

While I can understand being annoyed at your breed of choice's advantage being gone, I can't really understand that you want a solid working defense vs. ranged professions when they are the ones that your profession is designed as being vulnerable to. You were just working around that fact before, well, now it won't work.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    yea, but a huge reason for choosing atrox was wit. Now, you lose wit and it throws whatever mediocre sence of balance some profs (if they based or compensated their setup on those perks) had vs ranged enemies way out the window.

I chose atrox for a TL5 evade prof. Currently, with wit, I have sub-par defences vs ranged. After I lose wit, I'll have zero defences vs ranged profs.
    And being able to put on QL300 Ofab on your TL5 keeper, is not an advantage of being Atrox?

..okay. I want to see you do that on an Opifex.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Who said the OP was only talking about Atrox?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Who said the OP was only talking about Atrox?
    Good insight ... I wasn't just referring to Atrox only. I'm talking about general breed changes ... not a good thing to play with IMO.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    And being able to put on QL300 Ofab on your TL5 keeper, is not an advantage of being Atrox?

..okay. I want to see you do that on an Opifex.
    I can do it on opifex shade, nm engi/crat/nt, atrox enf/keep but who cares? Ql 300 ofabs are good but not gamebreaking, some professions like traders dont eve have one useful piece and some like enf and keep have only one (helmet). Only solds have more than one - two useful pieces and they are, fortunately, still unable to equip it.

BTW it isnt only about atroxes. Ive rolled my NT and engi as opifexes to use nano debuffs. After those changes they will be useless at tl5 and not worth leveling up to tl7. FFS ive even rerolled my engi to be opifex. We NEED to be able to change at last our breeds. Its out of the question if they want to change breed perks.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

The first part of my comment was just to address the extremely common but low common sense whines about MR, and that it should not be the aspect of anyones complaints in the future (shades need adjustment to their prof and the existance of MR has nothing to do with it)

The second comment is to say Nanomages are pretty much the new "loved" breed Like it or not, nanomage defense is quite extrodinary with the new breed changes and existing 5k absorb tool. Offense, well, I think nukes are going to easily replace AS on 2-3 professions

For PVM I like what the breed changes are doing. For PVP, wit being removed was only obvious, and if your toon was designed around dodge defense setup it is not as though Atrox xxxprofession can only go dodge defensive. The only thing I am not really keen on is Defensive+Offensive boosts in a single package for nanomages, but if a few other things are getting adjusted in the future it should be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    For PVM I like what the breed changes are doing. For PVP, wit being removed was only obvious, and if your toon was designed around dodge defense setup it is not as though Atrox xxxprofession can only go dodge defensive. The only thing I am not really keen on is Defensive+Offensive boosts in a single package for nanomages, but if a few other things are getting adjusted in the future it should be alright.
    FC had one set of rules. Then with no warning they're proposing a new set of rules, after HOW long? This suggests an issue as well as something they should be allowing us to address.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I do think FC is doing things right with the breed perk changes, that was long overdue.

But they should also allow that one-time breedchange because of twinks rolled for those perks.

@Ciekafsky: I meant Opifex Keeper.. last I checked they don't do 300 ofab at TL5
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.